State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The basics haven't changed.

At 5:27am a cash purchase was made by a guy driving a white SUV, who pulled into the gas pump furthest from the store's door.

That customer cussed Gracie out after not being allowed to pump gas without coming into the store.

That customer threw a $20 at Gracie, said he was going to pump $20 of gas and walked out.

That customer only pumped $15 worth of gas, never returned for his change, and left, driving behind the 4 Brothers station (coincidentally right by a set of dumpsters).

GL (Gracie Lee Calhoun) ID'd JY's picture when shown that picture on Fri, the day after the murder.

GL positively ID'd JY's SUV as being the vehicle she saw the day before.

GL pointed to JY in the courtroom and ID'd him as that person.

Whatever GL saw on the news happened after this visit by detectives. She said it was about 2 weeks or so before she saw the news about the MY murder. But even if it was only a day later, it doesn't matter. The detectives saw her before she saw the news.

Interesting how GL, who can point out the exact person she saw in her store on Nov 6, 2006, who has a cash receipt to corroborate that purchase, had a distinct encounter with a person who cussed her out and this had never happened before, and was able to ID the person and their vehicle the day after the murder when officers visited her at her gas station, is deemed "not credible."

Yet... the witnesses who saw someone who looked like Nancy Cooper the morning her lying husband said she went running, were believed completely by some of the same people, when the witnesses had far less of an encounter and couldn't be 100% sure who they saw.

Very interesting.

Who are you referring to? Personally, I believe both witnesses (GL and RZ) believed what they testified to. I don't believe either lied. Doesn't mean 1 or both were not wrong.

She's also coming up with a lot of information that she didn't know in the first trial ... I wonder where the new information came from. Her memory faded each time she was interviewed between the time of the murder and first trial, but now we have a crystal clear memory with new facts. Odd, to say the least.

:fence:

I did watch the first trial and I totally agree Otto.

My thoughts new name, new look and new story. Of course that is coming from someone who watched the prior trial. I do wonder how someone unfamiliar with this case would view her testimony today?

I may be confused but did I hear her state she was a "big news watcher" then turn around and say she did not see this on the news for a couple of weeks???
Her friend tells her about the murder, she lets it go "in one ear and out the other' talks with LE a few days after the murder,identifies JY as being at her place of work for gas and does NOT watch the news for a couple of weeks...Did I hear that right?

Evidently so. This has to be troubling to the Judge. She did not inform him of this tidbit when he held the hearing to decide whether to allow her testimony before the last trial. If he had known this, I doubt he would have allowed her at all because she was not shown a proper photo lineup. Jason's photo was all over the news by the time cops showed up and flashed his photo to her.

JMO

There were also discreptancies in the testimony from the night audit clerk. First time he said he noticed a camera was black and checked it out, this time he said he noticed the rock in the door or the camera unplugged when he was coming down the stairs after delivering papers.

My feeling about the night auditor's failure to notice the black camera was because he was back there in that room napping.

Interesting how GL, who can point out the exact person she saw in her store on Nov 6, 2006, who has a cash receipt to corroborate that purchase, had a distinct encounter with a person who cussed her out and this had never happened before, and was able to ID the person and their vehicle the day after the murder when officers visited her at her gas station, is deemed "not credible."

Yet... the witnesses who saw someone who looked like Nancy Cooper the morning her lying husband said she went running, were believed completely by some of the same people, when the witnesses had far less of an encounter and couldn't be 100% sure who they saw.

Very interesting.

Oh Madeleine, if there was video of Jason of at the gas station it would only be because he has a "twin" out there. After having that cigar (yet he hates smoking), he tossed that twig and went up to his room (once again missing being caught on the cameras), went straight to bed. He obviously overslept since he was late for his meeting (or was it because he couldn't read a map, not that he had to clean up his child), but he had time to go to the lobby and eat breakfast, although none of the cameras showed him doing that...I just figured it out, he's like a vampire or ghost and just doesn't show up on hotel video!! That's it! Well, someone alert Judge Stephens and drop those charges!

There were also discreptancies in the testimony from the night audit clerk. First time he said he noticed a camera was black and checked it out, this time he said he noticed the rock in the door or the camera unplugged when he was coming down the stairs after delivering papers.

Don't worry, the best is yet to come tomorrow.
And, it won't be about being mean to Gracie.
It is about a murder case.

1) Gracie did not pick Jason's photo out of several, she was shown just
one picture.
2)She never ID'ed his auto in her stmts until they asked her if he was
driving a white SUV.
3)Now, she has changed stories on the "witness".
4) Her description of Jason changed so many times.

That is just the beginning of what is yet to come.
Or, it better be. or, I am booking it to Raleigh .

Very interesting.

I can't speak for the others, but I didn't put much weight on the eyewitness testimony in the Cooper trial either.

Where again were the clothes he was wearing when on video?

How often did he call her sister anyway? Besides to pick up that fax?

It only matters what GL said when she was questioned by detectives right after the murder. She was able to positively ID JY from his picture as the guy who cussed her out. She was able to positively ID that guy was driving a white SUV. She was able to positively recall the guy cussed her out, threw down a $20, and only got $15 worth of gas. A receipt obtained by police validates her memory of that encounter.

The basics haven't changed.

At 5:27am a cash purchase was made by a guy driving a white SUV, who pulled into the gas pump furthest from the store's door.

That customer cussed Gracie out after not being allowed to pump gas without coming into the store.

That customer threw a $20 at Gracie, said he was going to pump $20 of gas and walked out.

That customer only pumped $15 worth of gas, never returned for his change, and left, driving behind the 4 Brothers station (coincidentally right by a set of dumpsters).

GL ID'd JY's picture when shown that picture on Fri, the day after the murder.

GL positively ID'd JY's SUV as being the vehicle she saw the day before.

GL pointed to JY in the courtroom and ID'd him as that person.

Whatever GL saw on the news happened after this visit by detectives. She said it was about 2 weeks or so before she saw the news about the MY murder. But even if it was only a day later, it doesn't matter. The detectives saw her before she saw the news.

Who is GL?
:confused:

Oh Madeleine, if there was video of Jason of at the gas station it would only be because he has a "twin" out there. After having that cigar (yet he hates smoking), he tossed that twig and went up to his room (once again missing being caught on the cameras), went straight to bed. He obviously overslept since he was late for his meeting (or was it because he couldn't read a map, not that he had to clean up his child), but he had time to go to the lobby and eat breakfast, although none of the cameras showed him doing that...I just figured it out, he's like a vampire or ghost and just doesn't show up on hotel video!! That's it! Well, someone alert Judge Stephens and drop those charges!

You got it, Wyn. Even a video of JY at a gas station wouldn't be enough or not good enough quality to provide proof. Remember: if JY doesn't look right into the camera lens (an HD lens), twirl a handlebar mustache, give an evil grin, then it's not him.

Don't worry, the best is yet to come tomorrow.
And, it won't be about being mean to Gracie.
It is about a murder case.

1) Gracie did not pick Jason's photo out of several, she was shown just
one picture.
2)She never ID'ed his auto in her stmts until they asked her if he was
driving a white SUV.
3)Now, she has changed stories on the "witness".
4) Her description of Jason changed so many times.

That is just the beginning of what is yet to come.
Or, it better be. or, I am booking it to Raleigh .

BBM

:hills:

You say the evidence is "lacking", yet we're only on day three! There's so much more to come...

As far as it being "completely normal to be sleeping", well of course it would! Unless you had the opportunity and motive to go home and murder your wife during that time period, which he did.

You're right, we're only on day 3, but it's day 3 of a retrial. Will there be substantial evidence in this trial that was not shown in the last? Maybe...so why didn't they have their acts together on the first go?

In the first trial the prosecution failed to prove that Jason was doing anything other than sleeping between checking into the hotel, having a cigar or whatever, and getting his receipt the next morning.

It only matters what GL said when she was questioned by detectives right after the murder. She was able to positively ID JY from his picture as the guy who cussed her out. She was able to positively ID that guy was driving a white SUV. She was able to positively recall the guy cussed her out, threw down a $20, and only got $15 worth of gas. A receipt obtained by police validates her memory of that encounter.

BBM. I think the Judge will decide to instruct the jury that all that really matters to the jury is sworn testimony and whether it was credible. Gracie has made so many conflicting statements, I don't see how any juror could believe anything is accurate.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member