State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Det David is being asked about the distance to the hotel.

In fact, it raised such a question, this Detective called the Raleigh/Durham airport!!

Defense recross:

Being asked if Jason was trying to cover his face on the hotel video or wearing a hat.

Det. David says No.

Time for a 10 minute break.

Everyone went to talk to LE except JY. Not a good point for JY IMO.

If you watch the video to which Otto linked earlier today you will see why it is very foolish for anyone in his situation to talk to the police. If you are suspected of a crime, even if completely innocent, then nothing you say to the police will help you and there's a very good chance that you will eventually make a minor misstatement that will be used in court to prove that you are not telling the truth.

Unfortunately, there is a strong tendency for people to view a lack of talking to police as a sign of guilt.

Correct, it may have been on when MY put her to bed because SS was there.

Good point. Maybe it was routine for her to fall asleep to music? That said, if it was routine, why wouldn't Meredith know it and point it out? She knew the Goodwill bag was in the garage.

JMO

The point isn't that it's stupid to talk to police. The point is that once someone has secured an attorney, one should not talk to LE without their attorney. It is prudent to protect your rights.

That in no way means you cannot provide information to help an investigation, provide context, follow up to find out how an investigation is going, etc, etc.

Everything JY did was hinky to the nth degree.

Meredith told the detective it was NOT typical for CY to fall asleep to music...Michelle had tried that when CY was younger, and it didn't work too well. Yet on this night, the music player was turned on for CY.

Sometimes I think the words being said in testimony are either not being heard, not understood, or outright twisted to their opposite meaning. Curious, that.

The point isn't that it's stupid to talk to police. The point is that once someone has secured an attorney, one should not talk to LE without their attorney. It is prudent to protect your rights.

That in no way means you cannot provide information to help an investigation, provide context, follow up to find out how an investigation is going, etc, etc.

Everything JY did was hinky to the nth degree.

Shouldn't one follow the advice of the attorney and not talk at all if that is what the attorney advises? There is nothing hinky about following legal counsel's advice.

JMO

According to the Constitution, silence is golden. There will be several witnesses testifying that they advised Young to retain legal counsel and that the legal counsel told him not to speak to anyone, including family.

This is the first case I've ever followed where the suspect has refused to speak to EVERYONE.

JMO

I do understand. I do respect the constitution. I do respect his rights to remain silent. :)

I am posting on a message board, nothing more nothing less. I have no power here. Just my opinion.

I am stating my thoughts as this trial is streamed live. I said Gracie's testimony wouldn't sway me to the guilty side because of her inconsistencies.

I have only seen 3+ days of trial. I don't have all of the facts yet.

Again, I am not on the jury just posting here. Just my impressions. :)

:fence:

Unless I see and hear that attorney get on the stand and say exactly what he says to his clients whose spouse was just murdered and they are securing his services, I do not believe anything that comes out of the mouth of JY, his mom<modsnip>, or anyone else. I do not believe his attorney said "never ask how the investigation is proceeding. Never ask any questions of anyone."

That first night JY didn't even have to say anything...sheriffs asked if he would at least listen to them. He refused to even LISTEN to the sheriffs. Listening doesn't get people's words twisted. Listening doesn't require you to say anything at all.

There's protecting your rights...and then there's hiding, stonewalling, and obstructing.

Jason Young wouldn't go thru the house to say if anything was missing..

so the sister had to go do it

glider was in reclined position: not normal
radio was playing: not normal (in CY's room)
large object missing off a table: not normal
jewelry box missing from master br (a jb had been taken by LE)

missing wedding rings
(later in investigation he found this out)

in bonus room: treadmill was left on and a bottle of water half consumed (LE had also noted it earlier)

blood on doornob from kitchen to garage: it was my's dna

report from dna security being shown and entered into evidence: swab from doornob matched michelle's dna

blood was also found in mb, foyer, master bath and common bath

I understand this sounds weird but if it was myself and a crime scene which we know had not been fully processed as evidenced by the fact that LE requested additional SW's in order to complete I would not enter the residence either especially if I was the main suspect.

As well all know we shed skin cells, hair etc. By him entering that home there would of been an extremely great chance of him leaving DNA after the fact.

By following his lawyers advice and not entering the home only the DNA that was there previous/during the murder could be processed.

Meredith told the detective it was NOT typical for CY to fall asleep to music...Michelle had tried that when CY was younger, and it didn't work too well. Yet on this night, the music player was turned on for CY.

Sometimes I think the words being said in testimony are either not being heard, not understood, or outright twisted to their opposite meaning. Curious, that.

I'm not listening to testimony, tyvm. That's why I've thanked other posters who have shared info.

It's an indication the music player was turned on by someone totally unfamiliar with what worked for the child. We know from the mess in the bathroom and the doll near her mother's head that she was neither drugged to the point of being sleep nor lulled by music.

JMO

Shouldn't one follow the advice of the attorney and not talk at all if that is what the attorney advises? There is nothing hinky about following legal counsel's advice.

JMO

he didn't have a lawyer that first night... wouldn't even do a walk thru of the home to see if anything was missing or not...

he wouldn't have to say a word to do something like that.. just nod..

very hinky...

hink hink hink!:twocents:

I'm not disputing they were there. I'm simply saying, had CY walked on the carpet *before* walking into the bathroom, I don't think her footprints would have been as profuse, as bright in color, and as complete if you will, in shape. Some of the blood from the bottom of her feet 'should have' been absorbed into the carpet prior to stepping into the bathroom. Perhaps CY had been running around upstairs during the killing. But IMO, those footprints in the bathroom had to have been fresh blood. They were too complete in nature. They look as if someone stuck her foot into paint and then attempted to *make* complete footprints, much like my grandsons have made in their preschools and such. MOO

It appears to me that she may have stood on the step stool and may have turned the water on. If she did, then she may have wet the blood on her feet and that would explain the footprints in the bathroom, the smears on the wall and the mess that was left. There's only one set of prints in the bathroom, so it's not likely that someone else helped her clean her feet.

The killer was nice enough to put music on CY's portable CD player for her. Such a thoughtful killer. Cleaning off CY, giving her adult meds, and putting music on.

Don't forget the glider in the reclining position. That lunatic killer had also apparently rocked CY to sleep after drugging her.

I understand this sounds weird but if it was myself and a crime scene which we know had not been fully processed as evidenced by the fact that LE requested additional SW's in order to complete I would not enter the residence either especially if I was the main suspect.

As well all know we shed skin cells, hair etc. By him entering that home there would of been an extremely great chance of him leaving DNA after the fact.

By following his lawyers advice and not entering the home only the DNA that was there previous/during the murder could be processed.

there were no suspects in the first 24 hours correct? also he lived there so his dna all over everything anyhow...

(also... just wanted to let you know.. it wasn't my opinion it was what the officer was saying.. sorry I should have said that in the post :-)

I'm not listening to testimony, tyvm. That's why I've thanked other posters who have shared info.

It's an indication the music player was turned on by someone totally unfamiliar with what worked for the child. We know from the mess in the bathroom and the doll near her mother's head that she was neither drugged to the point of being sleep nor lulled by music.

JMO

we do not know who placed the doll there.... at least I have not heard that yet so far...

According to the Constitution, silence is golden. There will be several witnesses testifying that they advised Young to retain legal counsel and that the legal counsel told him not to speak to anyone, including family.

This is the first case I've ever followed where the suspect has refused to speak to EVERYONE.

JMO

We have seen this before in other cases and for good reason. The most recent one that comes to mind would be the Kyron Horman case.

I do understand. I do respect the constitution. I do respect his rights to remain silent. :)

I am posting on a message board, nothing more nothing less. I have no power here. Just my opinion.

I am stating my thoughts as this trial is streamed live. I said Gracie's testimony wouldn't sway me to the guilty side because of her inconsistencies.

I have only seen 3+ days of trial. I don't have all of the facts yet.

Again, I am not on the jury just posting here. Just my impressions. :)

:fence:

I understand. I was just trying to point out that the prosecution wants the jurors to form the same opinion and it is an incredible waste of their time. At least it was in the last trial.

JMO

Don't forget the glider in the reclining position. That lunatic killer had also apparently rocked CY to sleep after drugging her.

Or the child had climbed on the rocker at some point in time and left it in a different position than it was in the last time that Meredith was in the home.

It sounds like the theory about the child being drugged and so on was somewhat inspired by Meredith's statements.

Constitution aside I believe it is only natural for a person to want to do everything in their power to help someone they love - even in death.

Giving initial statements to law enforcement - in hopes of aiding to arrest the perpetrator - would fall into this category for me. At that beginning stage of grief and shock I don't understand how being a suspect could even factor into consciousness. At that point it is all about losing them.

Truly JMO

I actually have a card from one of my attorneys in Raleigh. (Most of you who PM me know I have been accused of some Wake County hooligan-ess in the last few years. All of it was unfounded, btw. Didn't stop the prosecutors from taking it to the Grand Jury and indicting me three or four times, only to later slowly start dismissing it.)

On the back it says: "Good evening/afternoon/morning, Officers/Investigators. I am exercising my right to remain silent. You may contact my attorney at: (number) and ask for (attorney name). I wish to remain cooperative and as cordial as possible, but am using this card to tell you I am politely declining to speak to the authorities now or in the future except through my attorneys in a court of law. Please direct any and all future communications to (name). Thank you."

Similar to this: http://rlv.zcache.com/rights_card_business_card-p240554118769445493zjxne_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member