State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The officer testified that there were footprints on the carpet and in the bathroom.

I am glad this has been clarified. Thus there were her footprints meaning no one had to carry her to the bathroom which has previously been posted.

he didn't have a lawyer that first night... wouldn't even do a walk thru of the home to see if anything was missing or not...

he wouldn't have to say a word to do something like that.. just nod..

very hinky...

hink hink hink!:twocents:

Yes very clever of JY, was he afraid he would end up where he finds himself today??

he didn't have a lawyer that first night... wouldn't even do a walk thru of the home to see if anything was missing or not...

he wouldn't have to say a word to do something like that.. just nod..

very hinky...

hink hink hink!:twocents:

There will be testimony that, upon the advice of friends, he contacted an attorney prior to reaching Raleigh that night.

I don't believe any competent lawyer would advise a suspect to enter a crime scene.

JMO

Meredith told the detective it was NOT typical for CY to fall asleep to music...Michelle had tried that when CY was younger, and it didn't work too well. Yet on this night, the music player was turned on for CY.

If MY was havimg trouble getting CY to sleep, while she had company, she may have tried to use the music player.

Besides, I thought the theory was that CY was drugged and put in JY's and MY's bed....and, that is where she was found.

The child's DNA was found on the dropper that was on the shelf in her room and dripping a bit of medicine, as I recall. Meredith did not suggest that CY had been drugged.

But the medicine was adult Pancof (sp?), something JY had in his stash from his prior job. The ingredients in it will induce sleepiness as a side effect.

This intruder/killer was so thoughtful to change CY out of her diaper, clean her up, including her feet, give her meds, and put music on for her. Such a nice killer. This is so common...we hear of these nice killers alllll the time. They only kill a pregnant woman in a house and then they help out a toddler.

:rolleyes:

Correct, it may have been on when MY put her to bed because SS was there.

Here's how I envision the situation with CY, leaving JLY out of this completely. MY is attacked. At some point after the beating CY wakes up and comes into the bedroom, getting blood on her feet. Murderer carries her to the bedroom (thus the bright red footprints in the bathroom) and cleans her up. Murderer takes her back to her bedroom and may or may not have given her some adult Tylenol to help her get back to sleep. Murderer tells her not to disturb her mommy because she has boo-boos and needs to rest, then turns on the radio to comfort the child. Child sleeps for a while, wakes up later in the morning, perhaps wanders around a bit, and then returns to her mother's room. She doesn't disturb mommy (remember, testimony says her PJ's were clean) but hides under the covers until she is discovered by MeY.

Of course, I believe JLY did it and knowing the child was alone, then frantically made all the calls to get MeY to the house to check on her as soon as possible. Just my :twocents:.

I am glad this has been clarified. Thus there were her footprints meaning no one had to carry her to the bathroom which has previously been posted.

That's what I understand. All the discussions about there being no bloody footprints on the carpet, and what that could have meant, were based on nothing. The officer clearly stated that there were bloody footprints in the master bedroom, in the foyer (he meant hallway) and in the hallway bathroom.

there were no suspects in the first 24 hours correct? also he lived there so his dna all over everything anyhow...

(also... just wanted to let you know.. it wasn't my opinion it was what the officer was saying.. sorry I should have said that in the post :)

I would have to disagree with the fact that there were no suspects within the first hours. JY was contacted and told to obtain legal advice even as they were driving back.

What surprises me the most is the fact LE requested him in the home prior to it being fully processed.

That quite bluntly is a no no

I understand. I was just trying to point out that the prosecution wants the jurors to form the same opinion and it is an incredible waste of their time. At least it was in the last trial.

JMO

I am listening/watching this trial for the first time. I don't know the history. The crime took place when my grandson was a baby and I was focused on him. I don't know who is who, who is biased or who should sway me. JMO IMO MOO

No worries :)

Or the child had climbed on the rocker at some point in time and left it in a different position than it was in the last time that Meredith was in the home.

It sounds like the theory about the child being drugged and so on was somewhat inspired by Meredith's statements.

I don't know anything about glider recliners, but I do know my grandsons couldn't put our recliner into the recline position until they were quite a bit older, at least 5 or 6 years old. Even now, they sometimes need our help to get it into the recline position.

The child's DNA was found on the dropper that was on the shelf in her room and dripping a bit of medicine, as I recall. Meredith did not suggest that CY had been drugged.

But the medicine was adult Pancof (sp?), something JY had in his stash from his prior job. The ingredients in it will induce sleepiness as a side effect.

This intruder/killer was so thoughtful to change CY out of her diaper, clean her up, including her feet, give her meds, and put music on for her. Such a nice killer. This is so common...we hear of these nice killers alllll the time. They only kill a pregnant woman in a house and then they help out a toddler.

:rolleyes:

We don't know if any of this is true, though.
MY could have used the music player to get CY to go to sleep, and, there has absolutely positively never been any evidence CY was drugged, it is just a theory......

She certainly does not sound drugged on the 911 call.

JMO

He could have helped the police with the investigation of his brutally murdered pregnant wife but he chose not to. Whether he's guilty or not, a decent person would have made the opposite decision.

And he did this so the police wouldn't lock in on him? Interesting, the last known adult present with MY before the police got there talked to the police freely and repeatedly and was not railroaded. MY's sister of course. And the friend who was with her before the murder? Not railroaded either. The newspaper delivery people known to be in the neighborhood and who talked to the police? Not railroaded.

In fact, how bizarre would it be if everyone who knew MY just refused to talk to the police because of the fear of being railroaded? Just not normal behavior.

That does not mean he's guilty of course. It just means his first thoughts when the police contacted him that his wife was murdered was not OMG I need to get there, I need to know what happened, I need to know if they are going to find who did this, I need to care for my daughter, but rather was simply, apparently, I need to make sure they don't get anything on me.

He's a sleazebag. Even his lawyers confess that - they did in the first trial and probably have in this one (I haven't seen much of this one). His move to have no interest in the investigation (not just refusing to talk) is because he's a sleazebag, and probably because he's the killer as well. Sure it's in his legal rights to be a sleazebag; he isn't guilty because of that though it is consistent with the actions of a guilty person. Not all sleazebags are murderers.

I happen to think he's a murdering sleazebag and I hope he goes away. However, I understand there is evidence, and lack of evidence, to cause others to think the case isn't proven or even, though I can't fathom it, that he is actually fully innocent of the crime. Either way, I hope they get a clean verdict one way or the other this time.

I think the prosecution is doing an excellent job of building a case that Jason was in the area of the house in the middle of the night.

I have to agree. I believe the defense is going to have to come out swinging when their turn comes.

Who is this? Missed his name.

Okay, this officer was sent to Birchleaf to get the purse printouts from Ebay off the printer.

He is showing the office at the Youngs.

Now, he is being handled a envelope.

He started to open it with bare hands, and then Holt said he better put on gloves.

Printouts from Ebay, being entered as evidence.

Defense is up now, Bryan Collins.

Talking about Jason's receipt from the gas station in Raleigh.

Receipt is faded......

Now, they are talking about the receipt from the gas station in Duffield, this would be after Jason
leaves his meeting..

Witness excused.

The footprints at the bathroom door, on the carpet, are side by side. Not as you would expect them to be if someone was walking. She went in the master bedroom, stepped into blood, was picked up, and set down at the bathroom. Sent into the bathroom, had the door shut behind her. If she was then put to bed, there's nothing stopping her from waking up later in the day, late morning early afternoon, and wandering around the upstairs on her own.

There is also nothing no reason to believe the only way her doll could have gotten next to MY was to have been "placed". If CY awoke, climbed out of bed with her doll baby and was found standing in blood, the doll could easily have been dropped in the process of someone picking her up.

What time did MF go to the house? I was unable to watch her testimony this time and cannot remember.

Wonder what the TIME stamp on the Ebay paper taken from the printer in the Young home said?

I mean, we know JY was in there printing info about his trip.

just a point of curiosity, to me anyway.
fran

He could have helped the police with the investigation of his brutally murdered pregnant wife but he chose not to. Whether he's guilty or not, a decent person would have made the opposite decision.

And he did this so the police wouldn't lock in on him? Interesting, the last known adult present with MY before the police got there talked to the police freely and repeatedly and was not railroaded. MY's sister of course. And the friend who was with her before the murder? Not railroaded either. The newspaper delivery people known to be in the neighborhood and who talked to the police? Not railroaded.

In fact, how bizarre would it be if everyone who knew MY just refused to talk to the police because of the fear of being railroaded? Just not normal behavior.

That does not mean he's guilty of course. It just means his first thoughts when the police contacted him that his wife was murdered was not OMG I need to get there, I need to know what happened, I need to know if they are going to find who did this, I need to care for my daughter, but rather was simply, apparently, I need to make sure they don't get anything on me.

He's a sleazebag. Even his lawyers confess that - they did in the first trial and probably have in this one (I haven't seen much of this one). His move to have no interest in the investigation (not just refusing to talk) is because he's a sleazebag, and probably because he's the killer as well. Sure it's in his legal rights to be a sleazebag; he isn't guilty because of that though it is consistent with the actions of a guilty person. Not all sleazebags are murderers.

I happen to think he's a murdering sleazebag and I hope he goes away. However, I understand there is evidence, and lack of evidence, to cause others to think the case isn't proven or even, though I can't fathom it, that he is actually fully innocent of the crime. Either way, I hope they get a clean verdict one way or the other this time.

I learned along time ago whether or not I believe someone to be guilty I cannot convict someone based on my feelings.

Maybe it has been the juries I have served on; I don't know.

What I do know is that LE must follow the evidence. If that evidence supports their theory perfect.

The dots even with forensics must be connected before I will ever state a person to be guilty.

This though is simply me.

Hey gritguy! good to see you again. Completely agree, just wanted to say Hi! :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876