State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked her too.

BBM

I believe her----- but, the part I bolded from your post says it all to me.

I am still sitting up here on the :fence:

It is hard though because I read all the posts pro and con. :)

TGIF :D

I just finished Gracie, it was painful to watch.

She says the regular customer left by 5:26, and we know Jason supposedly came in at 5:27, so that alone discredits her....

She says there are cameras and then there are not.

There is no newspaper man, never was.......

I feel really really bad for her though, she has had a hard life.

:(

How many more witnesses does the prosecution have? So far, I am still :fence:

I cannot accept that after such a bloody crime scene, Jason was bright enough not to leave one single piece of physical evidence. I'm having a hard time with that. I know this is a circumstantial case but still.....

No fingerprints, footprints, clothing, weapon......nothing?:waitasec:

Have they ever considered murder for hire? If not, why?

There will be testimony that, upon the advice of friends, he contacted an attorney prior to reaching Raleigh that night.

I don't believe any competent lawyer would advise a suspect to enter a crime scene.

JMO

Not without that attorney at his side, and don't kid yerself, attorney always say don't talk w/o counsel, how else are they gonna make any $$$$$$$$$$. Oh they all would want to wait nearly 6 years for Jason to have to talk because the trial finally rolled around and then charge for their services. I don't think so, this whole story of his is so contrived.

Gracie's mental capacity is certainly an issue. The doctor's said she be stuck at - what, a child's mentality? they gave an age and it eludes me now - her whole life, through no fault of her own. If you ask a child how tall another child is, are they going to say 4'3"? Probably not. They might say taller than me, or as tall as so and so. If the child can't pinpoint a height, or a child gives a relative answer that doesn't help much, it doesn't mean they didn't see the other child. It means they don't have the verbal capacity to answer with the precise specifics being requested. It means they don't have enough of a grasp of spaciality in the context of a yardstick to answer in feet and inches.

The doctors told her Mother that at 22 years old, she would have the mental capacity of a 2 year old.....

It was a very sad story, I had no idea she had been hit by a truck.

Kudos to her for getting married, having children, and working.

The footprints at the bathroom door, on the carpet, are side by side. Not as you would expect them to be if someone was walking. She went in the master bedroom, stepped into blood, was picked up, and set down at the bathroom. Sent into the bathroom, had the door shut behind her. If she was then put to bed, there's nothing stopping her from waking up later in the day, late morning early afternoon, and wandering around the upstairs on her own.

There is also nothing no reason to believe the only way her doll could have gotten next to MY was to have been "placed". If CY awoke, climbed out of bed with her doll baby and was found standing in blood, the doll could easily have been dropped in the process of someone picking her up.

bcbm
Totally agree, no footprints in the hallway carpet, she was carried and not by a random killer, by her father.

The fingernail scratches to her neck were from her (michelle) defending herself. IMO

There was no other unknown Dna under the nails that I heard. I lost audio often.

JY's dna in the house or on his wife would be normal? IYKWIM

Are you saying the killer needed an accomplice or saying the hubby had one?

I think hubby had one.

I cannot accept that after such a bloody crime scene, Jason was bright enough not to leave one single piece of physical evidence. I'm having a hard time with that. I know this is a circumstantial case but still.....

We have quite a ways to go, the lead detective, the shoes , sheetrock, and rock testimony.
Computer and cell phone experts as well.

+Jennifer Sproles, the medical director Jason had a meeting with.

Another eye witness to a car at Birchleaf , this one will be at 5:30 am.

Then there are two of Jason's exes, Gen and Carol Ann.

I am thinking tomorrow we may hear from LF , MY's Mom....

JMO

I know LE officers are jaded - they have to be. They see 2 kinds of people, victims and perps. they also don't see middle America as much as the rest of us. I would expect them to go to the husband as a suspect initially even without stating it - it's just the law of averages - spouse, lover, family, etc - is much more likely to kill a woman than a total stranger.

HOWEVER - in this case - the husband was clearly not home when his wife was found and had "left" prior to her TOD. And while being out of town on business isn't an airtight alibi (obviously) it's something that might slow that natural leap that most LEOs have to start looking at the spouse for any signs of hinkiness.

If JY wasn't a suspect when they called him to tell him his wife was dead, he sure as heck was by the time he was home and refusing to even speak to ANYONE about what happened.

Granted - he had longer than most to process this information - and it's possible friends / family told him to get advice from an attorney (although really? who's friends / family wold do this unless they realy felt that you were gonna NEED the attorney?)

At the time of Jason being told - there was only one person who knew he was a suspect - that that is the killer. IMO - that one person did what suspects do - and lawyered up.

While suspects may lawyer up, those that are subsequently found guilty of the crimes rarely do so. Susan Smith didn't immediately do so and neither did Scott Peterson and those are just two of many.

How often are suspects who immediately lawyer up even charged? I don't know of any other than Young. This case had a crime scene full of evidence yet it took years to finally return an indictment against Young and now that indictment resembles a sandwich.

JMO

Not without that attorney at his side, and don't kid yerself, attorney always say don't talk w/o counsel, how else are they gonna make any $$$$$$$$$$. Oh they all would want to wait nearly 6 years for Jason to have to talk because the trial finally rolled around and then charge for their services. I don't think so, this whole story of his is so contrived.

An attorney isn't still billing the client if the advice is only to remain silent and say nothing, period. Jason's attorney had him cooperate with the NTO and I presume he billed for his hour or two while there but what else did he do other than to advise him silence? Nothing, as far as I know. He didn't respond to media inquiries or the wrongful death lawsuit.

JMO

You should watch the video posted about why people should "never talk to police" - even the police detective agrees that people should not talk to the police.

If your spouse is murdered, it's time to lawyer up.

If someone killed my husband, and I was completely innocent, of course I would attempt to assist the police in discovering 'WHO KILLED MY DEAR HUSBAND'. Somebody kills the man I'm married to, the man I love and who loves me, you think I'm going to just pick out clothes and bury the man and not look back? That's just ridiculous. I'm reminded of Mark Lunsford, Jessie Lunsford's dad. No matter how much the cops tried to imply he and/or his father had something to do with the disappearance, he kept talking to them. Kept talking to the media. Because he was innocent and he wanted to find out who took Jessie. He wasn't *afraid* of the cops.

Even more than that, is the fact Jason walked away without a scratch, and we heard Michelle had long strong nails.

A hit has been considered, and Howard Cummings at the bail hearing, suggested Jason had help........(but, I think he meant more as an
accessory after the fact)

JMO

Here's something else I don't get. JY had an important meeting the next morning in VA, the day after a day he wasn't working. What would most of us do? Leave at 5 in the afternoon and drive all the way there, find the place so we don't get lost in the morning.

Oh, wait, you must eat at Cracker Barrel? There's one by the airport here. Oh, wait, no. It must be a Cracker Barrel halfway to Galax you say? A whole business trip arranged around a Cracker Barrel. Really? Like they're such a rarified eating establishment that you can't hit one (or 141) on the way back? So you're guaranteed to get to your meeting on time?

Jason's meeting was close to 6 hours away..
The Cracker Barrel he stopped at was in Greensboro, halfway to the hotel.

His business trip was not centered around eating there, it was just a stop along the way.

Here's something else I don't get. JY had an important meeting the next morning in VA, the day after a day he wasn't working. What would most of us do? Leave at 5 in the afternoon and drive all the way there, find the place so we don't get lost in the morning.

Oh, wait, you must eat at Cracker Barrel? There's one by the airport here. Oh, wait, no. It must be a Cracker Barrel halfway to Galax you say? A whole business trip arranged around a Cracker Barrel. Really? Like they're such a rarified eating establishment that you can't hit one (or 141) on the way back? So you're guaranteed to get to your meeting on time?

I certainly "get" what he did. I've done it many times myself. I don't know two many parents who put in a full day of activity and still want to put in another load of hours driving in the mountains. And I don't know of too many folks who would want to drive unfamiliar mountain roads at night.

JMO

If someone killed my husband, and I was completely innocent, of course I would attempt to assist the police in discovering 'WHO KILLED MY DEAR HUSBAND'. Somebody kills the man I'm married to, the man I love and who loves me, you think I'm going to just pick out clothes and bury the man and not look back? That's just ridiculous. I'm reminded of Mark Lunsford, Jessie Lunsford's dad. No matter how much the cops tried to imply he and/or his father had something to do with the disappearance, he kept talking to them. Kept talking to the media. Because he was innocent and he wanted to find out who took Jessie. He wasn't *afraid* of the cops.

Watch the video, it doesn't matter if you're completely innocent or not.

We have quite a ways to go, the lead detective, the shoes , sheetrock, and rock testimony.
Computer and cell phone experts as well.

+Jennifer Sproles, the medical director Jason had a meeting with.

Another eye witness to a car at Birchleaf , this one will be at 5:30 am.

Then there are two of Jason's exes, Gen and Carol Ann.

I am thinking tomorrow we may hear from LF , MY's Mom....

JMO

Did we forget Michele Money?

I certainly "get" what he did. I've done it many times myself. I don't know two many parents who put in a full day of activity and still want to put in another load of hours driving in the mountains. And I don't know of too many folks who would want to drive unfamiliar mountain roads at night.

JMO

I still contend that if the business meeting was important to him he did not need to have a day of activity at home cutting lawn is all I remember. He could have left early in the day been at a hotel near the business meeting before nightfall.

If the cops don't believe you were innocent and treated you as a suspect, what exactly do you think you could do to "help" them? Talking is of no help if they think you are a liar. iirc, Mark Lunsford was a very upset, frustrated father who didn't know where his daughter was being held or by whom. The media did not find his daughter, the cops did but not before they put Mark Lunsford and his parents through he**.

JMO

To those who feel Jason is guilty:

IF he did stop at that gas station, why do you think he'd make such a grave error?

All I can think of is, he normally doesn't plan things out well. This time he thought he had planned everything out, but was low on gas & had to make that stop. This may have been why he was so angry, being more angry at himself for messing up.

What do you think? This is bugging me.

You should watch the video posted about why people should "never talk to police" - even the police detective agrees that people should not talk to the police.

If your spouse is murdered, it's time to lawyer up.

I've watched the video - it's paranoia from an attorney who gets paid to scare people. In some instances though - I can see almost understand.

However, I still have a strong faith in our justice system and even though I have some REALLY BIZARRE SEARCHES (thanks to this group!) on my PC - I am not worried about getting an attorney because there is no one that knows me and my husband that would have that weird immediate reaction if something were to happen to either of us. I suspect many of the Young's friends had that little "ugh" when they heard and instinctively thought it could be him.

No one I know would think that. For either of us. I'd never do it. The thought would not cross my mind. I don't need a lawyer until the police start to make me uncomfortable.

I would also be hounding them - either personally or through my representation to FIND THE DANG KILLER - probably daily. They'd have to put me on call block.

All that being said.... ex-husband might be a different story. In the ending part of our marriage, had something happened to him, I might have not exactly been a grieving widow - and that could have raised a hinkymeter to the red zone - but I STILL wouldn't have lawyered up until it looked like the cops were focusing on me. And I also STILL would be hounding them to find the killer -because I honestly wouldn't know WHO that was.....

But maybe that's just me.

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members