State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree with you, Fran. That's probably exactly what he did, and she was trying to process it in her little head and then tell somebody what happened without the language skills to describe it. Children amaze me - they really are like little sponges.

First of all, this is SO SO SO sad, as if it wasn't already.

I hope some of the jury are parents, because only parents "spank." When it is somebody else it is a "hit."

She also may have seen her mommy fight back and even try to bite daddy and continue to get "spanked." She probably asked her daddy about it, and he tried to call it a spank so as to diminish what she saw and then read her a story about animals. imo

The 'other doll' is wearing an outfit but notice...there was a white stripe across the top. Now who else had on a pullover top with a stripe across the front?

To me it looks like a genderless doll to a 2.5 yr old. dark ponytail would look female to a small child. Taller doll with short hair (light colored or gray short hair) could represent a male.

Just as an aside, my youngest granddaughter has some of those dolls, and I'd look for the little figures on eBay on occasion. Never was fond of the grandma doll because she had that 'genderless' appearance. And the grandma doll looks like a giant next to mommy doll. :(

Keep in mind that I believe JY is guilty. However, what is allowed from the teacher is for her to describe the actions of CY. She will be allowed to show how one doll was hitting a second doll. At most this indicates that CY saw the murder but it does not indicate who. Correct?

Correct. That is why I am wondering if it really helps the pros place JY at the scene??!!!

According to my logic - no.

Parents spank - so to me it seems logical that she does not need to call the "Daddy doll" out by name. I would think that if it was someone who was scary - i.e. a stranger - that she would have focused on the "bad man" hurting Mommy and the re-enactment of the event itself would have been more traumatic.

She does not seem to have real fear surrounding the event and to me that would seem to indicate that she was not really scared and was comforted or the event was explained in such a manner - by someone she trusted - that it wasn't scary for her. (i.e. "Mommy got a spanking for biting" and then getting her to sleep.) I think kids are much more instinctual than adults, and having known entities in the home (normal) would not cause terror for her.

Lord only knows what she's going through now as she grows up - but - at the time, I think the event was explained away and she was comforted.

Still think this is a random killer who just wandered in to the Young home that night? (this question is to those who think it wasn't JY)

No mention of monster, bad scary man, no *fear* of the spanker either. No fear of the unknown stranger/attacker. Because *he* wasn't someone to fear, some unknown.

Keep in mind that I believe JY is guilty. However, what is allowed from the teacher is for her to describe the actions of CY. She will be allowed to show how one doll was hitting a second doll. At most this indicates that CY saw the murder but it does not indicate who. Correct?

But, she'll be demonstrating w/ the same dolls. To many here, & possibly the jurors, the taller doll looks like dad.

Just as an aside, my youngest granddaughter has some of those dolls, and I'd look for the little figures on eBay on occasion. Never was fond of the grandma doll because she had that 'genderless' appearance. And the grandma doll looks like a giant next to mommy doll. :(

Do you know the brand? TIA I am trying to find a pic on google.

No mention of monster, bad scary man, no *fear* of the spanker either. No fear of the unknown stranger/attacker. Because *he* wasn't someone to fear, some unknown.

Amen GracieLee! It's obvious she was not "unfamiliar" or uncomfortable with whomever did this to mommy.

But, she'll be demonstrating w/ the same dolls. To many here, & possibly the jurors, the taller doll looks like dad.

To me, its appearance doesn't hold that much water seeing as there was so little choice of human/adult looking dolls.

This may have been asked and answered, I am a bit behind reading....but why wasn't this information used in the first trial?

I found the whole reenactment so disturbing to watch. Poor CY who had to see this happen, and that poor teacher who's been holding this in for 5 years. I also found it very eerie when she left the "mommy doll" face down on the bed and left the tall blonde doll standing there.

Parents spank - so to me it seems logical that she does not need to call the "Daddy doll" out by name. I would think that if it was someone who was scary - i.e. a stranger - that she would have focused on the "bad man" hurting Mommy and the re-enactment of the event itself would have been more traumatic.

She does not seem to have real fear surrounding the event and to me that would seem to indicate that she was not really scared and was comforted or the event was explained in such a manner - by someone she trusted - that it wasn't scary for her. (i.e. "Mommy got a spanking for biting" and then getting her to sleep.) I think kids are much more instinctual than adults, and having known entities in the home (normal) would not cause terror for her.

Lord only knows what she's going through now as she grows up - but - at the time, I think the event was explained away and she was comforted.

I agree 100%!!! I think if presented this way, it will be very damning for JY!!!

IA but I think the pros. said the intent was to show that she actually witnessed the murder and the murderer did not harm CY, even though she witnessed the crime.

The thing that stands out most for me: screams out to me in fact, is that CY did not identify the male doll as daddy.

I can't see past that!

I agree. IMO this new evidence may help the defense more than the prosecution. We shall see...

That's right. Who else would 'spank' a 2.5 yr old? It wouldn't be anyone outside of her mom or dad, IMHO. CY at that age doesn't know or understand about violence, killing or murder, or blood beyond a 'boo boo.' She was told a story about what happened to mommy that night...by the person who left her alive, cleaned her off, put her back to bed.

ITA w/ this, but, I have to admit it bugs me a TINY bit that she didn't refer to the hitting doll as dad.

I agree 100%!!! I think if presented this way, it will be very damning for JY!!!

I am so afraid HC will screw this up. I'm sorry again for being the doomsday crier, but I do not have a secure feel for either he or BH. They don't seem to jam home the important issues for the jury--who by now is overwhelmed with information. The jurors need the important parts of testimony punctuated at the time of testimony....do not wait until closing arguments to try to tie it together or elaborate.

ITA w/ this, but, I have to admit it bugs me a TINY bit that she didn't refer to the hitting doll as dad.

That could bug me too, but she didn't refer to the doll as anything and she didn't say hitting, she said spanking :D (not saying you said she said hitting, but that she thought of it as spanking rather than hitting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member