State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any remote possibility that Cassidy could be called to the stand?

Not such a young child, no.

I remember from an earlier murder case I watched in which an almost 3 yr old saw what happened to his mummy. He was not allowed to be called as a witness. Adults who heard him say things were allowed to testify only.

She's on the witness list but she was also for the first trial. I read she is on the prosecution's witness list but another poster said she thought it was the defense.

She is on the witness list, so yes there is a possibility

The first thing that came to mind when I heard the teacher relate the "Mommy's getting a spanking for biting" comment in court, was MY's teeth having been knocked out in the attack. Makes me wonder what horrible things that poor little girl must have seen and was trying to make sense of. :-(

I at first thought the doll house was a Little People one. I believe it might be a Fisher Price My first doll house. It was a handmedown so I didn't buy it. So maybe looking for a FP My First Doll House will help you find the dolls.

Not such a young child, no.

She's still young, but she is 7 or 8 now? So I don't know....they may use her. I have mixed feelings about it, she's already been traumatized enough.

That could bug me too, but she didn't refer to the doll as anything and she didn't say hitting, she said spanking :D (not saying you said she said hitting, but that she thought of it as spanking rather than hitting)

I wonder if a 2-2.5 year old understands hitting? Or do they equate all physical contact of hand to the body as spanking? Not to be sexist but does it matter if the 2-2.5 is male or female as it relates to hitting.

The first thing that came to mind when I heard the teacher relate the "Mommy's getting a spanking for biting" comment in court, was MY's teeth having been knocked out in the attack. Makes me wonder what horrible things that poor little girl must have seen and was trying to make sense of. :-(

Makes me wonder if CY saw Michelle bite her attacker during the struggle.

She's still young, but she is 7 now. So I don't know....they may use her. I have mixed feelings about it, she's already been traumatized enough.

I meant: young at the time of witnessing anything.

Has Dr. Kobilinsky ever testified on behalf of the Prosecution in a case? Just curious. I've never heard him have anything other than an opinion agreeing with the defense side of a case.

I am so afraid HC will screw this up. I'm sorry again for being the doomsday crier, but I do not have a secure feel for either he or BH. They don't seem to jam home the important issues for the jury--who by now is overwhelmed with information. The jurors need the important parts of testimony punctuated at the time of testimony....do not wait until closing arguments to try to tie it together or elaborate.

This is also my biggest fear. We need someone who can paint the picture, put the pieces together, with a lazier focus, in an articulate crystal clear manner. This is just not BH or HC IMO

No. Not even a chance. The mere fact that they are allowing the day care worker to testify is a miracle.

She's still young, but she is 7 or 8 now? So I don't know....they may use her. I have mixed feelings about it, she's already been traumatized enough.

So do it. Very mixed. Her testimony would guarantee a conviction and keep Jason from hurting anyone else...yet it would be devastating for her.

Its a tough call.

Makes me wonder if CY saw Michelle bite her attacker during the struggle.

Hi Poppy,

That was my exact thought. The choice of the other doll was odd to me. You would think she would have chosen gender related dolls, IMO.

This is so sad.

I think CY will be 8 next month. I remember seeing a case or two on 48 Hours where a child gave testimony through a video. Anyone think that could be possible?

Has Dr. Kobilinsky ever testified on behalf of the Prosecution in a case? Just curious. I've never heard him have anything other than an opinion agreeing with the defense side of a case.

I believe he is a paid defense witness which shows you his bias. Kinda like that androgynous "Jayne" woman on Greta's show sometimes. Even if the evidence incontrovertibly pointed to a defendant she would make up something totally LAME to try to explain it away.

I wonder if a 2-2.5 year old understands hitting? Or do they equate all physical contact of hand to the body as spanking? Not to be sexist but does it matter if the 2-2.5 is male or female as it relates to hitting.

I know that it would be different for each 2 yo. My 2 yo will be 3 at the end of June. She definitely says "XXXXX hit me!" However she wouldn't say "Daddy hit me," she'd say "Daddy spanked me!" (She had a clawing/scratching problem rather than a biting problem, and we would tap her hand).

But to say that it is the same if Daddy was hitting me or that this is what CY would say... I don't know.

Something to think about!
(XXXXX being one of her brothers who unfortunately sometimes do hit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie