State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What about the 17 (?) hairs JB alleged in court that Dr. Lee found in KC's car after LE had cleared it? Did that ever show up in a doc dump?

I'm pretty sure that any expert witnesses (at least for now) and the work they have performed in establishing their expert opinion, is not discoverable at this time. It is my understanding that if they put forward a written report, either side has the right to receive their notes, tests, etc. used in compiling same. But there is an attorney work-product doctrine that comes into play here.

I thought the hairs found by Dr Lee were collected by LE and sent to the lab. Dr Lee just pointed them out in the car when he examined it.

I'm pretty sure that any expert witnesses (at least for now) and the work they have performed in establishing their expert opinion, is not discoverable at this time. It is my understanding that if they put forward a written report, either side has the right to receive their notes, tests, etc. used in compiling same. But there is an attorney work-product doctrine that comes into play here.

Here's the defense speaking to that!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1k6Y_5C6_M"]YouTube - Casey Anthony Defense Strategies - Baez and Baden Offer Hints[/ame]

can't get audio on my work station....what was the wise and all-knowing JB saying?

cmsg2002---listening now.....so far the nuts and bolts of their strategy is that they assert that it's junk science. And they are going to "educate the judge in this case". B/c according to Baden, judges don't know how to recognize junk science. :eek:

Baden and Baez also hint that the other prong of their defense will be claiming error on the part of LE throughout the investigation. The hairs Dr. Lee found proves that LE did not completely process the car. "All the implications that that entails". Also saying that is why they ask for "benchnotes/handwritten notes" and "this is a process of education" "we have to educate the judge, may never have come across this". "Many attorneys and judges don't know what benchnotes are." So, they are going to imply that LE, the FBI, the SA, and Judge S don't know what they are doing, basically. Ballsy broad, as my Dad would say. LOL There is a thinly veiled contempt for Judge S that LKB reveals in this interview. I hope she trots it out at trial, b/c the jury won't like it. Never mind that Judge S won't like it, but the jury won't appreciate it. I hope she makes this mistake. Baden is still claming that she didn't get the FBI's benchnotes, b/c the FBI's policy is not to give them to private attys, they have to get them from the SA, and this SA has not cooperated.:boohoo:

Interesting.....bet JS will be thrilled to hear he will be educated by JB and LB...imagine that!

even if they score some points on that.....the circumstantial evidence is enough for a conviction IMO.

Baden and Baez also hint that the other prong of their defense will be claiming error on the part of LE throughout the investigation. The hairs Dr. Lee found proves that LE did not completely process the car. "All the implications that that entails". Also saying that is why they ask for "benchnotes/handwritten notes" and "this is a process of education" "we have to educate the judge, may never have come across this". "Many attorneys and judges don't know what benchnotes are." So, they are going to imply that LE, the FBI, the SA, and Judge S don't know what they are doing, basically. Ballsy broad, as my Dad would say. LOL There is a thinly veiled contempt for Judge S that LKB reveals in this interview. I hope she trots it out at trial, b/c the jury won't like it. Never mind that Judge S won't like it, but the jury won't appreciate it. I hope she makes this mistake. Baden is still claming that she didn't get the FBI's benchnotes, b/c the FBI's policy is not to give them to private attys, they have to get them from the SA, and this SA has not cooperated.:boohoo:

Of course, Dr. Lee has a bit of a history re: evidence problems (things disappearing into his pockets). One can't PROVE he might have contaminated the evidence, himself. But, chain of custody issues seem to follow him around.

Of course, Dr. Lee has a bit of a history re: evidence problems (things disappearing into his pockets). One can't PROVE he might have contaminated the evidence, himself. But, chain of custody issues seem to follow him around.

Yes, his track record in that area is not good. One wonders, why Baez and LKB don't think that his issues are going to be a problem w/ this case.....

So the defense has stated they have drawn the conclusion that there is substantial evidence that the body was placed in the location at which it was discovered by some one AFTER KC was incarcerated. They state that because their conclusion is based on state-released discovery they have no obligation to release attorney-work toward that conclusion.

SO....For the statements made by JB on July 17, 2008, when no discovery had yet been released, and JB stated he had evidence he would produce in court to exonerate his client...

Article with JB's statement:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...continues.html

They cannot rely on this argument.

State needs to play the trump card right now.

The Official Docs thread has the defense's response to this motion. Not to spoil the surprise ending, but...the big evidence of innocence is...the defense just "logically interpreted" the already-released State's evidence.

:rolling:

Obviously this is some new meaning of the word "logic" of which we were not previously aware.

The Official Docs thread has the defense's response to this motion. Not to spoil the surprise ending, but...the big evidence of innocence is...the defense just "logically interpreted" the already-released State's evidence.

Obviously this is some new meaning of the word "logic" of which we were not previously aware.

Yeah, "exonerate" is the other word with the secret meaning, from which we plebians are excluded.

Obviously they're bluffing. The SA will not fall for it. Except maybe they will fall on the floor laughing. heh :laugh: :D: :rolleyes:

Obviously they're bluffing. The SA will not fall for it. Except maybe they will fall on the floor laughing. heh :laugh: :D: :rolleyes:

That's IT!

JB is plotting to smother the state prosecutors to death, so they have to be replaced at the last minute by less knowledgeable counsel!

He's trying to kill them by making them snort their beverages! If he makes them do it often enough, they could contract pneumonia!

ARRRRGH!

I found this:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

"- Her attorneys also filed a response to prosecutor's request for evidence supporting a defense claim that someone other than Casey Anthony placed Caylee's body in the woods. Anthony's attorney's wrote that their claim was based on documents, pictures and video provided by the state."

The Defense WAS baiting the prosecution when Mancuso stood up and said they had evidence that Casey was innocent. The Defense weren't worried about being asked for this evidence because it was provided to them by the state. That was a very strategic move to begin to discredit the state's evidence. Kind of a legal smack in the face of the prosecution. It fits in well logically with the various motions filled today which are also designed to bring the actions and evidence of the State into question. I knew that no defense attorney would stand up in court and say something like that for no reason. This was clearly planned and the prosecution did exactly what the defense expected they would do in requesting the evidence. I expect there will be a lot more of this stuff. Next, I expect the prosecution to retaliate. Wait and see...

What ever they are using, it must be the evidence that was 'spoiled'.

NU-cu-lar? :waitasec:

Didn't JB also say, "If anyone believes this case is a slam dunk, they're far from mistaken?
Did he MEAN to confirm it's a slam dunk?

Did JB take spoken English classes from Dr. Lee?

Bold mine.

Who ya gonna believe...me or your own eyes? :crazy:

The ONLY thing they have that has meat to it is KC.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I saw this Friday night but didn't have the energy to sign in then, or in the days that followed since to thank you - this one statement of yours has kept me laughing since Friday!

Brilliant sense of humor and...To whoever posted the pic of the book that was opened up to 2 blank pages, noting that was what his exculpatory evidence was...you're hilarious too!

TM said the defense "discovered" evidence, so apparently there's another meaning for "discovered" which relates to reviewing evidence discovered by others. There are sooooooooooooo many contradictions in these recent pleadings it's beyond pathetic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back