State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it were unplanned, I believe Andrea Lyon would have dumped him from the team. She is not know to put up with anyone else's BS and she is not known to tolerate anyone on her team deviating from her plan.

Princess, there are several things that are possible.......

Either AL has made the first gigantic mistake of her career :doh:

or.......

She's on board, b/c she's simply there for the DP. :behindbar

or.........my personal favorite that you could combine with either of the above....

She is in it for the $$$ and notoriety. :curtsey: :deal:

She may be well known and well reputed in legal circles, but I and many others had never heard her name before. We have now. Mission accomplished.

Okay, dumb question but here it is: As part of discovery, will the defense have to turn over Dominic Casey's alleged findings, reports, videos, etc.? :confused:

If the defense requested such materials, then yes. Each and every request and the subsequent responses JB and company make and receive must be handed over to the SA. But it seems it's the SA office that requested, at least in part, the video. We haven't yet seen any hard copy of reports etc (at least to my knowledge) But of course the video did not come from DC himself but from his little helper friend.

Mark my words, that video is going to sink any claims the defense makes about the body being placed there while Casey was in jail. Video forensics have come a long way .... I have a feeling it's going to play a role as one of the nails in her coffin.

Not sure-- she KNOWS KC is gonna go down.

And, she likely knows she's gonna get the LWOP that will put another notch on her six-shooter grip, no matter what the boys do.

I agree 100%.

The worse it looks for KC, the better for AL. Because then she can 'save' her from DP. She can claim she saved a monster from DP.

If it were unplanned, I believe Andrea Lyon would have dumped him from the team. She is not know to put up with anyone else's BS and she is not known to tolerate anyone on her team deviating from her plan.

Andrea Lyon has a solid reputation. Sometimes though folks that are so "book" smart lack in social skills and cues that others pick up on. A Lyon may not have a clue as to what is being percieved about JB or KC or anyone else for that matter and may not care as LWOP is a WIN for her.Give her the Blue ribbon. Is that post clear as mud?

I just want to take A Lyon and the other one to the hair salon and do some power shopping before court. Their outfits drive me crazy and they could look so much more professional in 2 maybe 3 days. Okay 4 days. The "I just rolled out of bed Your Honor" is not a good look when you are fighting for someone's life. JMO.

There's a lot more to it than what is reported in this blog. His "cover story" about his brother smacks of Casey-level lies to cover his @ss, IMO. He used money from a client's trust fund to make a plane payment! Among other things.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/courtDocs/06-O-14552-1.pdf

Just a couple points among many:

Respondent issued the checks set forth above when he knew, or was grossly negligent in not knowing, that there were insufficient funds in his CTA to pay them.

6. By repeatedly issuing checks drawn upon his CTA when he knew, or was grossly negligent in not knowing, that the checks were issued against insufficient funds, Respondent committed acts involving moral turpitude, dishonesty, or corruption, in wilful violation of Business and Professions Code section 6106.
<Snip>
55. Between on or about December 18, 2006, and on or about January 3, 2007, Respondent issued checks drawn upon his CTA to pay for his personal and business expenses including, but not limited to, the following:
Check No. 126
Date Issued: 12/18/06
Amount: $50,000.00
Payee: Courtesy Aircraft

56. By issuing checks from his CTA to pay for his personal and business expenses, Respondent misused his CTA, in wilful violation of rule 4-100(A), Rules of Professional Conduct.
I take what this guy says with a grain of salt...well maybe less than a grain. Let's not forget that he also failed to mention he was being investigated in his application to practice in Florida.

That phone call is UNBELIEVABLE!

ITA! I'd forgotten how totally disdainful and smarta$$ed KC sounded on this call. My Gawd! The difference between KC and Christina's emotions is like night and day! KC has no idea how to sound like a mother whose daughter is missing. What a selfish b!tch she is! :furious:

And then there is CA....bragging about her four cameos! Geesh...tree-meet-apple! :rolleyes:

ITA! I'd forgotten how totally disdainful and smarta$$ed KC sounded on this call. My Gawd! The difference between KC and Christina's emotions is like night and day! KC has no idea how to sound like a mother whose daughter is missing. What a selfish b!tch she is! :furious:

And then there is CA....bragging about her four cameos! Geesh...tree-meet-apple! :rolleyes:

I actually listened through this one...how can anyone that listens to this think she is innocent. I could NOT believe her harshness when her friend broke down crying about the baby...

Incredible...absolutely incredible.

Early on there were several red flags that alerted me to a weird grandmother:
The first call and statement about the four cameos -well, which one, honey, I did 4.
The People mag poses in front of Caylee's bed.
The first two 911 calls.
This was a grandma who is over-the-top angry with her daughter about losing her granddaughter, stealing money from grandma, refusing to return phone calls and paying a lot of money to get that car out of Johnson's tow yard.

So are all of JB's antics in the courtroom pre-planned? The smiling, laughing, and snide remarks? Not to mention the mistakes in motions and lack of general courtroom knowledge and etiquette. AL is not in charge of this defense (JB and Casey are). She is only here to fight against the DP and that is it (well that and self promotion). I think Macaluso was clearly showboating and playing to the crowd. If it was planned as you say then I think the state would gladly like to see this so called exonerating evidence they have.

Like I've said for a while now if such evidence existed, Casey wouldn't allow her defense to hold onto to it while she sat in a jail cell. You also can't say its part of a tactic that they will use in trial. Because if they have such evidence they have to release it so it can be used at trial. Given Casey's demeanor (do you really think she would allow herself to sit in jail?) I will personally stand by my assumption that no such evidence exist and the defense was showboating for the cameras and nothing more.

You couldn't be more right.

And, the time has NOW come for everyone to throw down their cards.

Doubt they even have a pair of deuces!

I hope the press makes hay, on the grandstanding.

I know a lot of defense attorneys and NOTHING they ever say in the courtroom is said without extensive planning and preparation. The defense was clearly baiting the prosecution with Macaluso's statement. I really do not believe that Macaluso made an off the cuff remark - it looked clearly preplanned and it definitely got the rise out of the prosecution, that I believe was anticipated by the defense. I believe the defense wanted the prosecution to file the motion to compel reciprocal discovery. So, this should be very interesting to see what the defense will give the prosecutors.

You've prolly been talking to smart, experienced defense attorneys, Princess.

We don't have that problem with JB.

I disagree that Macaluso's outburst was planned. He comes across as a rogue attorney to me, not one that likes to take orders so to speak and his demeanor almost gives the impression of lack of self control.
It will indeed be very interesting to see how the defense wiggles out of their little mess this time.

We also have a little problem with "camera intoxication" re: some of these guys.

As soon as they see a lens, they put on the clown shoes and the funny noses.

Or, is it the tap shoes, top hats, and canes?

Anybody have a stage hook? ;-)

Andrea Lyon has a solid reputation. Sometimes though folks that are so "book" smart lack in social skills and cues that others pick up on. A Lyon may not have a clue as to what is being percieved about JB or KC or anyone else for that matter and may not care as LWOP is a WIN for her.Give her the Blue ribbon. Is that post clear as mud?

I vote for "doesn't care that much." She wins, even if the defense does pretty much nothing. Which seems likely, at this point.

We also have a little problem with "camera intoxication" re: some of these guys.

As soon as they see a lens, they put on the clown shoes and the funny noses.

Or, is it the tap shoes, top hats, and canes?

Anybody have a stage hook? ;-)

BBM That is hysterical!:laugh: I got a mental image of JB whining and stumbling accompanied by Malacuso blustering and turning red in the face, and your giant hook reaches out and pulls em out of the courtroom! :woohoo:

I am so confused, lol-what is the position of the defense on the SA's motion? I saw a clip included on the DC thread where Kathi Belich calls Mancusos statement a "mistake." (there is a nice close up of the SA laughing in the court room when he said it I have to say, lol!!)

I am so confused, lol-what is the position of the defense on the SA's motion? I saw a clip included on the DC thread where Kathi Belich calls Mancusos statement a "mistake." (there is a nice close up of the SA laughing in the court room when he said it I have to say, lol!!)
I think that was KB's personal opinion. The SA filed the motion...nothing from the defense yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back