Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey get new representation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was speaking with someone in a FB group the other day and they told me something I find puzzling.

When Zellner took on SA's case, she did not retract his self lodged one and replace it with her own. This means that because you can not add to an appeal, even if she did "find" new evidence, it can not be added until 1 year or so after the decision.

I find it hard to believe that true because it makes no sense why she would do that. Or, maybe because they're not paying her, they're getting their money's worth.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I think this is it here Limaes:

02-11-2016
Notice
Additional Text: Notice of Voluntary Dismissal of Defendant's Pro Se Motion. Cover Letter.

02-08-2016
Other papers
Additional Text: Copies of Notice of Voluntary Dismissal of Defendant's Pro Se Motion. Cover Letter.

Not sure if this link will work, but you can try: https://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtReco...et=13&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

if not... go to https://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl search for Steven Avery.... find the November 15, 2005 case, View Case Details, then in the upper right hand corner you can click "Court Record Events" and it will show up, along with everything else.

This is the latest entry:

04-18-2016
Transmittal of record to court of appeals
Additional Text: File delivered to Court of Appeals by Federal Express. Copy to counsel and Attorney General's office.

Now I understand that KZ has 40 days to file something, but not sure, and of course, like everything else, extensions can be requested.

This has been added to the Supreme Court/Court of Appeals site today.

https://wscca.wicourts.gov/appealHi...set=0&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

PEND CA 05-31-2016 Brief & Appx of Appellant(s)

OCCD CA 04-20-2016 Sealed Documents
Comment: #144, #160, #232, #244, #252, #282

OCCD CA 04-20-2016 Record
Comment: 1-4 to to 470-1; Six seperate boxes

So yep, looks like she has 40 days, unless she files for an extension. Then there is a time period for the State to respond, unless they file for an extension.

Yes, from the 20th April she has 40 days to file something. But what? Evidence, a document...her nails?

I will find SA's original document that he filed in January to see if that holds any clues.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

She has 40 days to file what she believes is either new evidence or whatever legal arguments she has that she believes either warrants a new trial or to vacate the judgement. She can file it before the deadline, or she could ask for an extension, so the date isn't set in stone.

You can look for SA's original doc's from January, but I doubt it will give any incite into what KZ will do, and by the looks of the court records, it has been withdrawn. JMO

Bushnell, who is working with Zellner, filed a motion yesterday, or tried too lol I don't think anyone should be surprised, there is a boatload of information. I have a hard time believing she could do testing in this short time, mainly the 'age of blood' testing, the pictures from the Newsweek article indicated that this is what she is or was planning.

Also something interesting to note... Zellner represents another man, Kent Pellegrini, yesterday there was a post on the Justice4Kent fb page that they received a copy of Zellner's Appellate Brief, so it's not like she is sitting around eating bonbons and tweeting ;-) she has other clients! As disappointing as it is, I can understand why an extension would be needed and I am really not that surprised.

zellner extension filed.jpg

Bushnell, who is working with Zellner, filed a motion yesterday, or tried too lol I don't think anyone should be surprised, there is a boatload of information. I have a hard time believing she could do testing in this short time, mainly the 'age of blood' testing, the pictures from the Newsweek article indicated that this is what she is or was planning.

Also something interesting to note... Zellner represents another man, Kent Pellegrini, yesterday there was a post on the Justice4Kent fb page that they received a copy of Zellner's Appellate Brief, so it's not like she is sitting around eating bonbons and tweeting ;-) she has other clients! As disappointing as it is, I can understand why an extension would be needed and I am really not that surprised.

View attachment 95308
Oh for sure girl😉 And she has ONE shot at this! ONE.
I would cross EVERY T & dot EVERY i as well!
As always, thanks for the update Missy and I hope your weekend was FABULOUS[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh for sure girl�� And she has ONE shot at this! ONE.
I would cross EVERY T & dot EVERY i as well!
As always, thanks for the update Missy and I hope your weekend was FABULOUS[emoji6]

:wave: hi dexter! Had a great weekend :)

I know she has one shot with the appellate court in Wisconsin, but I do think that she can take it higher if it is again denied. I would have to go back and look but when she did that interview with the online crime show, I think it was mentioned in there, I will go back in this thread and see if I can find it :)

:wave: hi dexter! Had a great weekend :)

I know she has one shot with the appellate court in Wisconsin, but I do think that she can take it higher if it is again denied. I would have to go back and look but when she did that interview with the online crime show, I think it was mentioned in there, I will go back in this thread and see if I can find it :)

It's highly likely that the scientific testing has not been completed and/or new information has come forth from witnesses who are talking about framing and planting evidence. It's disappointing but she has to get it right.

It's highly likely that the scientific testing has not been completed and/or new information has come forth from witnesses who are talking about framing and planting evidence. It's disappointing but she has to get it right.

Yep, I had a feeling this would happen, and look at how many extensions the Clerk needed just to send the files, something that already existed, I can only imagine that KZ has had to sift through way more documents/photo's then we have access too, then pile on anything new that she has done, testing, interviews, investigating, etc. Not surprised.

Yes. This. She MUST get it right.
And she will😉🤘

Have a great day everyone! Weather is FINALLY gorgeous here in Michigan😊

Thanks Missy😊

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-day-care-murder-hearing-met-20160612-story.html

'Woman Found Guilty in Day Care Murder Wins in Court, Will Get New Hearing'

"Nearly five years after a Chicago-area day care worker was found guilty of murder in the death of a toddler, a Lake County judge ruled Monday that he will allow new testimony to be heard in the case — a turn the woman's lawyers hope will lead to a reversal of her conviction...The legal victory for Melissa Calusinski, whose case has attracted national attention, gives her lawyers the chance to offer what they say is new evidence showing that the boy in Calusinski's care died not by her hand but of a previous injury — a claim prosecutors dispute..."This is not a small feat. This is very rare," Calusinski's high-profile lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, said of the court victory...The ruling to allow a so-called evidentiary hearing in the case was made by the same judge, Daniel Shanes, who oversaw Calusinski's 2011 trial and sentenced her in 2012 to 31 years in prison."

Well, once again KZ shows she knows exactly what she is doing and this only goes to make SA case look all that more promising as to what the future may hold for him. I just wish that the courts would get more on the ball as far as BD is concerned because one would think they would have had a ruling on that by now. I wonder what their reasons are for the hold up as Brendan's lawyers filed his paperwork last year, iirc.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-day-care-murder-hearing-met-20160612-story.html

'Woman Found Guilty in Day Care Murder Wins in Court, Will Get New Hearing'

"Nearly five years after a Chicago-area day care worker was found guilty of murder in the death of a toddler, a Lake County judge ruled Monday that he will allow new testimony to be heard in the case — a turn the woman's lawyers hope will lead to a reversal of her conviction...The legal victory for Melissa Calusinski, whose case has attracted national attention, gives her lawyers the chance to offer what they say is new evidence showing that the boy in Calusinski's care died not by her hand but of a previous injury — a claim prosecutors dispute..."This is not a small feat. This is very rare," Calusinski's high-profile lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, said of the court victory...The ruling to allow a so-called evidentiary hearing in the case was made by the same judge, Daniel Shanes, who oversaw Calusinski's 2011 trial and sentenced her in 2012 to 31 years in prison."

Well, once again KZ shows she knows exactly what she is doing and this only goes to make SA case look all that more promising as to what the future may hold for him. I just wish that the courts would get more on the ball as far as BD is concerned because one would think they would have had a ruling on that by now. I wonder what their reasons are for the hold up as Brendan's lawyers filed his paperwork last year, iirc.

It's quite clear that the only reason why there will be a new hearing is because KZ tweeted about the case!!!!

:giggle:

I read about the case a few months back after seeing a tweet, happy to hear there will be a new hearing. And people wonder why Zellner needed an extension! ;-)

Thanks for keeping us informed Jaiddie :) I've been a bit busy, but I'm always reading!

Same here!!

DITTO!! To everything Missy said =)
It's quite clear that the only reason why there will be a new hearing is because KZ tweeted about the case!!!!

:giggle:

I read about the case a few months back after seeing a tweet, happy to hear there will be a new hearing. And people wonder why Zellner needed an extension! ;-)

Thanks for keeping us informed Jaiddie :) I've been a bit busy, but I'm always reading!

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the-return-of-larry-eyler/Content?oid=880169 'The Return of Larry Eyler' This is an article about KZ's defense of the serial killer, Eyler, and I found it to be a very engrossing read. Whatever else people may say about her, she sure is a force to be reckoned with and it is no wonder that the state machine has kicked back up into high gear (as far as the anti-Avery media blitz they are attempting....Murder Made me Famous is just one example). Makes sense for them to prepare, because I do believe a storm is coming, LOL. ;)

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the-return-of-larry-eyler/Content?oid=880169 'The Return of Larry Eyler' This is an article about KZ's defense of the serial killer, Eyler, and I found it to be a very engrossing read. Whatever else people may say about her, she sure is a force to be reckoned with and it is no wonder that the state machine has kicked back up into high gear (as far as the anti-Avery media blitz they are attempting....Murder Made me Famous is just one example). Makes sense for them to prepare, because I do believe a storm is coming, LOL. ;)

As soon as I read Zellner was taking the case, I knew Avery would be released. ( Actually, once the documentary started to gain traction I knew:dance: ) Not a doubt in my mind that this is all just a waiting game at this point:)

Avery has new representation after Tricia Bushnell leaves the case.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Avery-Motion-to-Substitute-Local-Counsel-and-File-Appearance-9-2-16.pdf

View attachment 95308

ITA. I watched a video and it was a Crimetime video of what Ms. Zellner's work on the Avery case. I'm not familiar with that show, and some of you might have seen that particular vid. The lady on there that hosts it mentioned there is something like 20,000+ cases of supposed wrongful convictions of innocent people in the prison system. So yeah i can imagine Ms. Zellner has her work more than cut out for her and in high demand for people in that situation wanting representation from her. I am sure she has tons of requests for same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back