Stranger Abduction Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be me, I wasn't sure what it was, kinda looks like a camera, apparently it's a small gas furnace vent. It is posted upthread, it was Logan Storm's last known addy. The reason for posting the case about Logan Storm on Kyron's thread is because I was wondering if Logan's arrest was a part of LE's investigation into Kyron's case. He also is a science and math teacher, so I was wondering if he could have been at the science fair that morning, checking out what other schools were doing. In the Google shot of Logan's house is a white pickup truck, a Ford F150, don't know if it was his of course. But it's all curious.

Here's the latest on Storm's arrest:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/beaverton_math_teacher_arreste.html

Sorry I didn't scroll back for your name, Billylee. :eek:
I was thinking of you a few minutes ago though; there was a story in today's business section about some abandoned wi-fi equipment that the original company has abandoned.. the equipment was just installed on a house not too far from that one on Emerson and the antenna looked sorta like that thing.
I think it is bigger though. I still have the old school oil furnace with no fancy/weird caps.

KATU's story about Logan Storm's "capture" at the airport said that a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service in Portland

"...said law enforcement received a tip about Storm’s return to Portland but declined to elaborate."

So, somebody ratted him out? Seems appropriate.

You'd like to think these child *advertiser censored* fans are somehow all related, so they could all be scooped up in one net and stopped. But I fear they're not. I think it's more widespread; just individuals enjoying their sick "hobby" enabled by the Internet. Decades ago, you had to use snail mail, or go to a creepy place in town and risk entering their back room. I'd like to think that was somewhat of a deterrent. Same on the production end of it. IDK

Until Kyron is found and it is somehow proven (possibly by the location) that TH is the one, I can't rule out a stranger altogether and am surprised that so many people can. Maybe it is a small %, but it is not 0% chance.

My thought about Kyron and the adults in his life teaching him to obey adults at school.

At this time of his disappearance, Kyron was only 7. I think KH and DY were probably trying to teach him the reasonable lessons that parents do: Listen to the teacher, show respect, cooperate with adults who are trying to help you ... all of those things sound so reasonable to us grown up people ... but how much leeway is there for confusion for the child in such message?

And then add into the mix that Terri was in on this and spending a certain amount of time alone with Kyron. What was Terri adding to the "obey adults" lessons? Was this an opportunity for her to twist the lesson and present it to Kyron in a way that helped her manipulate him?

And I know this doesn't get us any closer to knowing what really happened ... but actually, Terri could have confused this kid to such a degree that he'd go blindly with her or a conspiritor of her choice--or with a complete stranger. Her influence over Ky could have aided in her exploitation of him ... or unwittingly in encouraging him to become a victim to some unknown person.

Bottom line, whether Terri is guilty or not, I don't believe that she was relating to Kyron with HIS best interests at heart. Whatever was going on between Terri and Kyron was, in my opinion, engineered by her for her own benefit.

Until Kyron is found and it is somehow proven (possibly by the location) that TH is the one, I can't rule out a stranger altogether and am surprised that so many people can. Maybe it is a small %, but it is not 0% chance.

My feelings exactly.

I think it is more likely than not that TMH was responsible for Kyron's disappearance. But given the lack of known evidence, I can't completely rule out stranger abduction.

I agree. I'm at about 85% that Terri was somehow involved and 15% that it had nothing whatsoever to do with her (doesn't have to be a stranger, could be someone he knew or had met before).

Thank you for putting this here.I was just going to do this.I wonder what the other two men look like?Why would little kids want to search for dangerous dogs?

The suspect is described as being a teen or early twenties and in the sketch, looks like an 18 or 19 year old to me. My suspicion is that this probably falls into the huge category of "stupid things late adolescents do because they think they are funny."

There's no mention in the articles of independent reports of seeing dogs running loose in the neighbourhood, let alone "dangerous dogs," so my guess is that there's some late adolescent out there who thinks it's funny to scare little kids, without thinking through how this behaviour looks to a reasonable person.

I lived in a university town for over 40 years. There were approximately 20,000 18-22 year olds attending the university. I say from personal experience that in that age group, there's quite a few who do incredibly stupid things with no real malice in them at all, just a lack of judgment and maturity.

How they survive themselves sometimes seems like a miracle.

May I please ask if any one knows or the story of this.There was a man talking to kyron outside the school in a truck?Were there 3 people seen?Very importantly where was he seen?

may i please ask if any one knows or the story of this.there was a man talking to kyron outside the school in a truck?were there 3 people seen?very importantly where was he seen?

may i ask...where did you hear this? I do not recall hearing this and would be interested in reading further, if you have a link? Tia...

may i ask...where did you hear this? I do not recall hearing this and would be interested in reading further, if you have a link? Tia...
I believe this lead is very credible.I feel the answers will be found here.Sheriff Staton said they felt two people were involved?This lead was blown off by them why?

I just need to please know where this sighting was.

White truck transciption

Kaine Horman & Desiree Young 8/27 pt.2
Video: http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman...101688128.html

-2:50

Chit chat from reporter in the beginning not included. Only what's needed from her for context.

Reporter: Potentially one person in the truck... three people... the white truck, Terri's truck... can you talk...

Desiree: (interrupts) Kaine's truck (laughs)

Reporter: a little bit about that...

Reporter: Kaine's truck. I'm sorry... What are your thoughts on that new information? Do you feel as though Dede was in that truck?

Desiree: (interrupts) It just makes me feel stronger that, that there were people helping her... that Kyron saw it all and was involved and that there were other people helping her... which is what we suspected.

Reporter: So because... but do you believe that a man was spotted? I mean again, these are witness accounts, and I don't know how much information that you've been privy to about what the, what is the likeliest scenario?

Desiree: Well first of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?

You know. I mean it's significant in a huge way to the case. If the timeline played out the way that it supposedly did? That contradicts that completely.

So I mean, other than that (shrugs), that's how significant it was to me.

Reporter: How authentic do you think that witness is? I mean how...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side) Very authentic.

Reporter: So it's a credible...

Desiree: (interrupts, shifts eyes to side and down) Yep.

Reporter: ...witness.

Reporter: And what exactly are they claiming that they saw?

Kaine: (audibly sighs/intakes breath, clears throat)

Kaine: Well I think, Sarah, I think to be more direct about it... I think that law enforcement needs to determine that still.

Desiree: Yeah, that part.

Kaine: We've been briefed on a lot of the information and the tips and the things that they're looking into, and that was part of that bucket of tips that they're...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah.

Kaine: ...that they're working their way through. Until they confirm and until they bring some of that information forward to the greater public, they're still looking into it, so I think us commenting on that is a little bit premature.

There's how we feel about it...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah.

Kaine: ...and then there are the facts. And the facts...

Reporter: (interrupts) How do you feel about it?

Kaine: How do I feel about it? I feel it's definitely significant. I don't know how credible the sources are. I'm hoping that they are because it helps us bring more of those pieces that we talked about before, the puzzle, in to paint the bigger picture, but until they're confirmed, I'm not going to maintain a sense of false hope that they're valid, until they're actually valid, until I see them and get from law enforcement that yep, this is verified, this is air tight, this is another piece that we found, and then I will believe it.

Desiree: Yeah.

I'm not Ms Suzanne, but I am up and awake on the East Coast.

Here's a link to a story which may be the one you're looking for.

http://www.kgw.com/news/2nd-person-seen-in-Terri-Hormans-truck-100301534.html

There is a lengthy thread titled:

"White Truck Focus and Second Person in Truck"

Oops, too late! Ms Suzanne is also up and awake.

I don't know if Kyron was abducted by a stranger or not (although I doubt it).

However, I don't see the point in blaming him for being too obedient, because trusting adults is just part of childhood innocence.

And it's not bad to obey adults if you think in terms of when it's safe to cross the street or when to stay quiet if a wild animal is nearby. Parents shouldn't have to apologize for teaching children to obey because in the vast majority of cases, it's in the child's best interest. It's actual a survival tactic that is part of human life.

I can't imagine anyone telling a two-year-old to "think for himself" and not hold someone's hand to cross the street, because he would just run straight into traffic without any fear of consequences. We don't let three or four year old's decide when to eat, sleep, or play either, and parents who try that approach usually end up with a little tyrant who won't follow any rules and isn't socialized well enough to go to school or day care. JMOO

I would bet Kyron, like all kids in school today, had some type of "stranger awareness" education. But in the context of being at school, he wouldn't think of other kids' families as strangers. And indeed, the person might not have been a stranger, or might have been his own stepmother.

Some people never outgrow innocence and become victims of predators later in life as well. Some people are just passive by nature and allow others to control them and situations get out of hand. We can't blame them either because they are still victims. Looking back and trying to blame anyone except the predator/kidnapper/murderer is a "coulda-woulda-shoulda" thing.

Thank you.It kind of sounds like two different sightins.I guess I'm just confused where this sighting was of a man in a truck was talking to little Kyron outside.I just want to know where this sighting was.

Thank you both, ms suzanne and morag for your repsonses....

The timing of this crime makes me think that it may have been someone other than SM. A couple of weeks before school closing for the summer leads me to think that it may be someone who only had contact with Kyron during school hours or it may have been someone just passing by that saw the sign and took advantage of an opportunity. It wouldn't be very hard to remove a small child from a school. May have been hiding in a bathroom with a large gym bag and some tape or a drug to keep quiet. Could have been totally random or targeted.

Sorry that I'm just now reading some of this thread, but I just HAD to go away for awhile. I think you bring up a good point, Astrella (love that name!). There was only one week of school left. Could that have been a deadline for someone? Someone who had been grooming Kyron during the school year and would not see him again until next fall? Makes sense. I mean TMH could have done whatever, whenever, at home or any where else, any time of year, but if it was someone associated with the school, they only had one week left until Kyron was a bit older and perhaps a bit wiser. Just thinkin'.

While I think a stranger abduction is possible, something has always bothered me. I would think if Kyron had been seen walking in or outside of the school with a man, it would have been reported after it came out that the only person with him at that school that day was TH. I think someone would have realized, hey, I did see Kyron walking with some guy, but his dad wasn't there, so who was it? They would have informed LE, who would have definitely checked that out. But there seems to have been no report of Kyron being seen walking anywhere with a man. That, to me, cuts down on a male perpetrator in this case. If they saw him walking with a woman, they'd assume it was his teacher or stepmother, and not think much of it, IMO. I think a woman would have been more likely to get him out of that school than a man. It's possible a male perpetrator had a woman go get him and walk him out of school to a waiting truck. I just don't think a male perpetrator would be able to get him out of the school on a busy day and NO ONE would remember seeing Kyron walking with an adult male, especially not after it came out that his dad was not at the school that day. Someone would have remembered that and said something, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne