Support Thread: Jeff Ashton and Prosecution Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! What did you think?Here is Ashton again...

http://www.wesh.com/video/21931324/index.html

He's a 10.
Absolutely to the point. No lecture. And what he presented certainly goes to the reason why the death penalty was added after little Caylee's remains were found.
I didn't have a chance to watch this on television. But from the wonderful recap by members here, I understand George and Cindy left the courtroom when Ashton began his argument and facts about how Caylee appeared when found. If G & A are going to leave the courtroom every time they have to hear evidence of the crime scene, they better put a swinging door on that courtroom once the trial begins.
Thank you to all WS members for providing me with an update on today's proceedings.

LISTEN CAREFULLY, turn it up, at the beginning Casey whispers to Baez "MAKE HIM STOP" and he replies "I CAN'T"

This is the BIGGEST wake-up call Casey has had yet, IMO.

Maybe, as she sits alone in her cell tonite, she will decide that it is time to stop all of this BS she is putting everyone through.

We can only hope.

Yes, you can make him stop Baez - go for the plea!

Several people walked out of the courtroom while Mr. Ashton was speaking?

Does anyone know who it was? tia

Cindy, George, Brad C. and at least two women sitting behind the A's who were consoling them during the hearing.

He's a 10.
Absolutely to the point. No lecture. And what he presented certainly goes to the reason why the death penalty was added after little Caylee's remains were found.
I didn't have a chance to watch this on television. But from the wonderful recap by members here, I understand George and Cindy left the courtroom when Ashton began his argument and facts about how Caylee appeared when found. If G & A are going to leave the courtroom every time they have to hear evidence of the crime scene, they better put a swinging door on that courtroom once the trial begins.
Thank you to all WS members for providing me with an update on today's proceedings.

I'm wondering once the real trial starts if they will be allowed to come and go since they will be witnesses???

George and Cindy, followed by Joy W and a couple other Anthony friends, ostensibly to console them.

They came back in a few minutes later, before the hearing was over.

LISTEN CAREFULLY, turn it up, at the beginning Casey whispers to Baez "MAKE HIM STOP" and he replies "I CAN'T"

This is the BIGGEST wake-up call Casey has had yet, IMO.

Maybe, as she sits alone in her cell tonite, she will decide that it is time to stop all of this BS she is putting everyone through.

We can only hope.

A little later in the video she says the same thing to AL and AL replies "I cant" and "He's almost done".

A little later in the video she says the same thing to AL and AL replies "I cant" and "He's almost done".

I missed that, thanks!

FOX 35 just highlighted the first one in their 5 PM broadcast! A little 30-second piece with the audio turned up. :)

He's a 10.

-----------------------
and I would say "they aint seen nothing yet".:croc:

Like KC wrote in Diary of Days (which I believe she borrowed from Spiderman)-With Great Power, Comes Great Consequence.

We may not have a tape of KC reacting to the discovery of Caylee a year ago today, but thanks to Ashton's graphic description, we have a perfect video today of her reaction a year later. If this is her angry and frushtrated reaction today, we can easily imagine what it would have been like last time. Way to go, JA!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent point!!! She could spare her folks all of this, just tell the truth and plead guilty and be resigned to her fate. Was it just a rumor a while back or an actual quote where she said she would sooner take her own life than plead guilty? Ashton sure woke her up today, maybe now the fog fantasy of her getting away with it will be lifted. It was as if it was the first time someone ever held her to task. EVER. She was livid.

Do you think JB would advise her to plea? He would have to forego his minute of fame (or embarassment as we call it) in the courtroom. Today was nothing compared to what JA will do at trial.

Her killer prepared some substance in advance that would render physically unable to resist, administered the substance, awaited its effect and then methodically applied three pieces of duct tape to completely cut off the flow of air through her mouth or her nose and let nature take its course...

Prepared some substance? Why not name the substance if you already know what it is?

If she was physically restrained, her killer would have to have restrained her arms by some means, applying tape while she was conscious.

Wait, you just got through saying it was a substance that knocked her out. The tape would be easy to apply if she was sedated or unconscious. Now you are saying restraining her arms to apply the tape in the case of full consciousness with no substance to knock her out?

See, these two different scenarios are given because the prosecutors don't really know exactly what happened. They don't know that she was drugged before death. The tape may have even been applied shortly after death.

I think we are not going to see any bombshell doc dump with exact cause of death. No chloroform or any sedating drug found at the swamp crime scene or on the remains. I think that what we already have is pretty much it.

Just need to say Ashton was superb in court today. He said more in under 5 minutes (approx) than AL could get across in more than 40 minutes.

Prepared some substance? Why not name the substance if you already know what it is?

Wait, you just got through saying it was a substance that knocked her out. The tape would be easy to apply if she was sedated or unconscious. Now you are saying restraining her arms to apply the tape in the case of full consciousness with no substance to knock her out?

See, these two different scenarios are given because the prosecutors don't really know exactly what happened. They don't know that she was drugged before death. The tape may have even been applied shortly after death.

I think we are not going to see any bombshell doc dump with exact cause of death. No chloroform or any sedating drug found at the swamp crime scene or on the remains. I think that what we already have is pretty much it.

I don't think his point was to give a concrete outline of their direction, rather to impress upon JS that, given these possible scenarios, finding the body with duct tape on the skull and chloroform in the car, it is crucial that a death-qualified jury get to decide on all these factors. He was counternig AL's argument that there are no aggravting factors that neccesitate a DP jury.

Watch the video. Casey reaches her right hand over and rubs her left wrist.

Lyon's hands remain on KC's elbow and the table.

I have to watch again, but I do believe I saw her rub her arm, cause I started thinking about when she had a panic attack in the jail and was wringing her hands.

I don't think his point was to give a concrete outline of their direction, rather to impress upon JS that, given these possible scenarios, finding the body with duct tape on the skull and chloroform in the car, it is crucial that a death-qualified jury get to decide on all these factors. He was counternig AL's argument that there are no aggravting factors that neccesitate a DP jury.

That's exactly what he was doing... he started off saying that a jury might find... and then began to explain the scenarios. He was pointing out what a jury MIGHT conclude based on the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back