Support Thread: Jeff Ashton and Prosecution Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think his point was to give a concrete outline of their direction, rather to impress upon JS that, given these possible scenarios, finding the body with duct tape on the skull and chloroform in the car, it is crucial that a death-qualified jury get to decide on all these factors. He was counternig AL's argument that there are no aggravting factors that neccesitate a DP jury.

Exactly!!!

JA is not going to show his exact hand and approach before trial and even these may have been just a distraction -- else he provides the Defense many months to counter.

This was just a 'tease' to get his point across, to let the Jury decide but given that this was a heinous crime -- the DP is very appropriate.

Be careful KC, be very careful. You are playing with fire.

Prepared some substance? Why not name the substance if you already know what it is?

Wait, you just got through saying it was a substance that knocked her out. The tape would be easy to apply if she was sedated or unconscious. Now you are saying restraining her arms to apply the tape in the case of full consciousness with no substance to knock her out?

See, these two different scenarios are given because the prosecutors don't really know exactly what happened. They don't know that she was drugged before death. The tape may have even been applied shortly after death.

I think we are not going to see any bombshell doc dump with exact cause of death. No chloroform or any sedating drug found at the swamp crime scene or on the remains. I think that what we already have is pretty much it.

You might want to take a gander at defense attorney Richard Hornsby's thread in this forum. He's got some explanations in there that would help you to understand what both the defense and prosecution can present, as well as what the jurors can consider and conclude.

Ashton was on fire today! I really never expected his words to be so stinging to the soul...
LDB has yet to show her fire... :woohoo:
I thought document dumps were worth pulling the crock pot out for..
I'll have to make meals weeks in advance for this trial!

I do agree with you. People make unconscious gestures all the time. His description of Caylee's torture and death was vivid and chilling. His defense for Caylee was outstandingly eloquent. AL uses a totally different tactic, trying to undermine a person's beliefs and convictions. This would make a good topic on a new thread.

BBM Many of us have expressed concern that Caylee has been lost in this - and we've wondered who will speak for Caylee - certainly her grandparents and her uncle appear to have turned their attention and concern away from Caylee and onto her murderer. Jeff Ashton today snapped our attention back to the horrible murder of this helpless child.........and reminded everyone that this proceeding is about justice for Caylee........period.

Do you think JB would advise her to plea? He would have to forego his minute of fame (or embarassment as we call it) in the courtroom. Today was nothing compared to what JA will do at trial.

I really don't think the state is willing to make any deal with her. You can't plea if there is no offer.

Ashton was on fire today! I really never expected his words to be so stinging to the soul...
LDB has yet to show her fire... :woohoo:
I thought document dumps were worth pulling the crock pot out for..
I'll have to make meals weeks in advance for this trial!

Considering AL's comments regarding female prosecutors, LBD might just be waiting for the trial, so she can mop the floor with her and be done with it.... :innocent:

Prepared some substance? Why not name the substance if you already know what it is?

Wait, you just got through saying it was a substance that knocked her out. The tape would be easy to apply if she was sedated or unconscious. Now you are saying restraining her arms to apply the tape in the case of full consciousness with no substance to knock her out?

See, these two different scenarios are given because the prosecutors don't really know exactly what happened. They don't know that she was drugged before death. The tape may have even been applied shortly after death.

I think we are not going to see any bombshell doc dump with exact cause of death. No chloroform or any sedating drug found at the swamp crime scene or on the remains. I think that what we already have is pretty much it.

actually according to the doc dump there was chloroform found in the gatorade bottle...which was found at the scene where caylee was found.

actually according to the doc dump there was chloroform found in the gatorade bottle...which was found at the scene where caylee was found.

I'm pretty sure the general consensus on the gatorade bottle is that the amount of chloroform detected was an insignificant trace, unfortunately :(

I don't think there is an offer on the table.

You are right OLG - I was just being a smart mouth, because he didn't take a plea when he could have (cause this will be the trial of the century and he will be famous y'know)
Sorry - it's really too serious to joke about.

Do you think JB would advise her to plea? He would have to forego his minute of fame (or embarassment as we call it) in the courtroom. Today was nothing compared to what JA will do at trial.

Seems that a plea would most certainly be the least painful way to go. If JB and AL can't see that they are no where near Aston's league, then they are as delusional as KC is.
Mr. Ashton, you are an amazing prosecutor and a compassionate and compelling man, God bless you sir.

Maybe what we have, but what about the FBI?

Casey's only concern is herself. She's not grabbing her wrist. She's checking her pulse.

Jeff Ashton was exactly what we all prayed for - the voice of Caylee telling the story of her horrible death at the hands of her own mother. Mr. Ashton also got some extremely strong responses from Casey in his words and expert delivery. She was certainly shaken, and at one point it did seem like he had her actually remembering her horrible actions wanting to deny she did it exactly that way.

Thank You Mr. Ashton for really speaking up for Caylee.

Powerful - Compelling - Articulate - Wow.

Did you notice the look on KC's face -- that pursing of the lips angry look, like we saw in the jailhouse videos. It was kinda scary, and I think it was because she didn't want to hear any of it and couldn't just walk away. Reality is hitting in I guess.

MOO

Considering AL's comments regarding female prosecutors, LBD might just be waiting for the trial, so she can mop the floor with her and be done with it.... :innocent:

Speaking of AL's comments....One of my favorite parts of JA's presentation was his little "kick" regarding AL's comments that she feels jurors are killers. I forget his exact wording, but the punch was priceless!!

This defense is certainly out of their league!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hard to know if reality is finally hitting home and KC is recalling horrific images from the crime or .... if she was just told to put on the emotional portrayal of her life, for her life (or both).

Either way, this is just a small taste of what KC is going to face in trial. Time to plead out.

I honestly think that Casey's emotional tears today were not real. I didn't see any real tears, just Casey making a grimace and covering her face with her hand. JB hands her a tissue and she dabs at her eyes, but there's no evidence of tears or any fluid on her cheeks.

I was reminded of the day of the grand jury indictment and Casey arrested - October 14th. JB and Casey held a press conference and at that time Casey acted as if she were crying, but no one saw any tears.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of her attorneys (AL?) advised her to act emotional at times. Who knows........maybe when JB leaned over and said something to Casey, he was giving her the cue to start crying.

He is an AMAZING Prosecutor. Very passionate and that is a very key trait for conviction! He commands the ear of everyone in the room. I LOVE HIM. The Prosecution team is exceptional in this case! And...Caylee is their top priority!

i think casey wishes he were on her side instead of the prosecutor cause he was much better than her attys i felt!! i was in elevator with him and said- your very good-- he said we try!!

this was just him talking for a few minutes about IF this should be a dp case. can you imagine what he's going to be like during the trial and closing remarks!! he certainly painted a vivid image of what they think happened to caylee.

And in just talking for a few minutes, look at the reaction he got from Casey! When it comes to trial, Casey may not be able to contain her anger.

In that brief moment she was beginning to react like she did in the jail visit with her parents when she claimed they weren't letting her talk.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hard to know if reality is finally hitting home and KC is recalling horrific images from the crime or .... if she was just told to put on the emotional portrayal of her life, for her life (or both).

Either way, this is just a small taste of what KC is going to face in trial. Time to plead out.

I would be really surprised if the Pros offered Casey a plea deal. They have no reason to offer her anything. She has nothing to offer them in return. Didn't they offer her a plea at the beginning of this case and she turned it down? A plea is usually offered if the killer has something to give in return and then they will trade say telling them where the body is for LWOP instead of the DP. I think she is out of luck. I sincerely hope so anyway. Let her stew over the DP and thinking that she might up getting the death penalty. A jury might not give her the DP but until that moment she won't know one way or the other. Let her have nightmares about being put to death. I hope that what she has done is beginning to sink in but knowing Casey she probably still believes that she is going to walk out of the courtroom a free person. I'm sure that her honey...Baez keeps reassuring her that they won't find her guilty.

Watched him with the media after the hearing and you can tell that he loves being right in front of the cameras. He is such a media *advertiser censored*. He complains about the media yet who is the first face in front of the cameras every chance he gets!!! He is such a creep. His sidekick Lyons is something else. She thinks she is the Queen and Casey is the Princess. Baez thinks he is the super studd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back