Support Thread: Tony & Leonard Padilla

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tony.. I dont have a question.. just wanted to relay my thoughts to your uncle.. While I certainly had my reservations about all this in the beginning.. watching him the last couple of nights, he looks so heartbroken and (for lack of better phrase) emotionally beaten down. Obviously he was honestly hoping to find an alive Caylee.. and is tormented by recent outcome. I give him credit in the purity of his soul in wanting to believe a mother could NOT be able to do this to her own baby.. and it also takes a big man to admit he misjudged Casey. He has my respect..

I always tell my son to never be a quitter. No matter how tough it gets or how bad you're getting your *advertiser censored* kicked you have to persevere. We just have to work through this and pray for the best.
Actually, I was talking about risk aversity from a business standpoint, not so much a character thing. But hey, it's your money.

If I were you, I'd be relieved to hear that her bail was revoked. You must be on pins and needles!

I thought is was worth a try to bail Casey out, tho I totally disagreed with Leonard about finding Caylee alive. I figured, like Leonard, that since she hadn't told an ounce of truth in jail, maybe she would once she got out. I appreciate your efforts.

If I'm in ever in trouble I will surely look you up! You are a good looking guy!

Marsha
Citrus Heights, Ca. :clap:

The costs are plentiful. We are all grown ups and knew what we were getting into here. It's hard to justify but we are all still very hopeful that either way we can get closure to a very difficult situation. A resolution for everybody involved is very important.

You should not have to justify your hopes and beliefs. Especially as you are one of the people involved in this case that actually did something positive.

Okay I was waiting for this one.

Remember that the premise of bail is to guarantee a person's appearence in court. Essentially that is what it is. Think about this in the simplest terms possible. 1) There are no new charges in regards to the case. 2) She is still not a flight risk. 3) This is really important; The toughest part of my job is to separate guilt and innocence for people out on bail. Regardless of my thoughts I have to separate emotion from the fact that everybody that I bail or others bail have the right to be out and without any changes to the situation, I have to maintain my professionalism to the industry and protect the integrity of bail and our rights to it. I know that there is enlightening evidence that could and may have a twist on this case but it is imperative that I stay grounded or neutral either way. This is where I beg you to please see this from a side of a business and a right and not a personal attack. I hope this makes some sense and I know there will be numerous naysayers out there.

I understand what you are saying, however you and your uncle have maintained that your sole reason for involvement was to help in the recovery of Caylee, that has not happened. In fact she has refused to cooperate in any way in assisting you. Your job is not to protect the sanctity of every persons right to bond, that is already protected by the Constitution.

Your professionalism and integrity in your line of work should be unaffected and separate considering the facts to your involvement....

This family did not come to you with the intention of paying you for your services rendered, it was money volunteered by your uncle with the intention of aiding in the recovery of a missing child.

You normally do not provide 24/7 security at your own expense to secure bond.

Remember that the premise of bail is to guarantee a person's appearence in court. Essentially that is what it is. Think about this in the simplest terms possible. 1) There are no new charges in regards to the case. 2) She is still not a flight risk. 3) This is really important; The toughest part of my job is to separate guilt and innocence for people out on bail. Regardless of my thoughts I have to separate emotion from the fact that everybody that I bail or others bail have the right to be out and without any changes to the situation, I have to maintain my professionalism to the industry and protect the integrity of bail and our rights to it. I know that there is enlightening evidence that could and may have a twist on this case but it is imperative that I stay grounded or neutral either way. This is where I beg you to please see this from a side of a business and a right and not a personal attack. I hope this makes some sense and I know there will be numerous naysayers out there.

Well, Tony you may be surprised. On this, I agree. It is quite the mess you're in, with the need for extra security and the related costs, possible tension in the household resulting in something untoward...but, I agree, now, you have no choice. I do not envy your position. Although, I must add, I do think charges are coming that may extricate you from this mess.

Tony,

How long is Leonard and gang planning on staying? Is he planning on doing a search/recovery also?

You have been absolutely wonderful and I am thankful to have crossed paths with you. God speed to you all.

Sorry can't comment!

Fair enough.

Completely hypothetically speaking, if a bondsman granted bail to someone, and the circumstances were not what they were represented by anyone involved is it an uncommon thing for them to consider revoking bail? I dont' know how this stuff works...

I agree with your statements. However, Casey would still have the right to bail if you canceled your bail and returned her to jail. Further, she didn't pay the 10% bail bondsman fee, so there is no financial consideration for your promise of bail. The way I see it is you gave a unilateral offer of bail based on the stated understanding that if she was out of jail she would cooperate with Leonard and he would track down the people Casey said took Caylee. That is a unilateral promise that can be accepted by Casey's conduct of cooperation with Leonard. Casey took advantage and got out of jail, but then reniged on her promise to cooperate with Leonard. Further, now there is an unanticipated heightened security issue. In my humble opinion, you would be justified in canceling the bail you provided and returning her to jail based on her failing to cooperate with Leonard and based on the heightened security issue. I don't believe it would impact the bail industry's good faith; I believe it would support it. Would you reconsider this?

I will always be open to any situation that may change here either shortly or long term. I know it soesn't sound pretty but I respect the bail industry and would only send a gloomy cloud into our business. It is difficult at times but I feel important. The security situation is a difficult one. To quote my uncle we will just have to overcome!

Tony I noticed last night when you took the info on TES, that things started moving very quickly on that. Thank you for getting that started.

And I do hope that after this case is over that you will join us on other cases when you can.

Tony,

How long is Leonard and gang planning on staying? Is he planning on doing a search/recovery also?

You have been absolutely wonderful and I am thankful to have crossed paths with you. God speed to you all.

They have made no mention of coming home. I think they want to see some closure too. Thanks for all your support. I know Rob thanks you as well!!!!

Tony I noticed last night when you took the info on TES, that things started moving very quickly on that. Thank you for getting that started.

And I do hope that after this case is over that you will join us on other cases when you can.

Will do!!

To Tony,

On the earlier question and answer posts I cracked up laughing on your "one-liners" it was something I looked forward to. The "Dad" in you was showing. "Don't give 'em too much, just answer the question" is my dad's motto. Whether or not you revoke the bail is your choice.

When I first noticed you on WS I said, "what balls this guy has, no fear"
When I first heard of your uncle Leonard I said he reminded me of an uncle of mine. I knew from the start he was going to do what he said and that's the truth.

Please tell your uncle I was glad to see him wearing his hat tonight! But he does wear his heart on his sleeve but I hope he continues with what he thinks is right.

I didn't think you would be back on the forum board but I was happy to see you here. I was right about your uhm chutzpah.

Best of Luck to you both

P.S. Oh, I am for the REVOKE team if it matters.

I'll buy you two a round of beers no problem...

The report by Channel 9 is "sources close to the case said that the FBI said". Fox news reported that the Body Farm released a report that air samples said that their was a dead body in the trunk. OCLE is not saying one way or the other on anything. As far as it being a fact that the decomp was in the trunk it appears that is correct as far as the decomp is from Caylee nothing reliable or official has been released.
Does this report that is bases on nameless sources is the reason for your Uncle losing hope is it the documents that show how mentally ill Casey appears to be?

Channel 9 also reported that "Concrete results were back from FBI DNA tests on physical evidence found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. The samples, which included hair that investigators said was scientifically linked to Caylee, a stain and dirt, came back positive for signs of decomposition. Investigators said more results were expected from tests done on other evidence but all indications are Caylee Anthony is dead"
http://www.wftv.com/news/17315205/detail.html

To me, the hair is as big, if not bigger, concern than the air samples, but this has not been widely reported.

Do you know any more about this?

Thanks in advance!

I think I am suffering from a case of hero worship for your uncle. He's awesome. I love someone who isn't afraid to say what he's feeling like he does and he just pulls at my heartstrings when you can see how much compassion he is feeling for little Caylee. I think this has probably changed him forever also. Even tonight, his concern was with her parents. He is a truly kind soul.

I understand what you are saying, however you and your uncle have maintained that your sole reason for involvement was to help in the recovery of Caylee, that has not happened. In fact she has refused to cooperate in any way in assisting you. Your job is not to protect the sanctity of every persons right to bond, that is already protected by the Constitution.

Your professionalism and integrity in your line of work should be unaffected and separate considering the facts to your involvement....

This family did not come to you with the intention of paying you for your services rendered, it was money volunteered by your uncle with the intention of aiding in the recovery of a missing child.

You normally do not provide 24/7 security at your own expense to secure bond.

Very true but not evreybody has the insight as you and most people on this site.

Good on you. I want you on my team.

Tony, are you a beer drinking man? if so i bet you could use a cold one about now....

I agree that everyone has the right to post bail, but if they don't have the money they can't. I don't see you posting bail for others that can't pay 10%. Since they didn't put any of their money up I don't see what harm it would do the the bond industry if you say they didn't keep up their end of the bargain and revoke bond. If it were anyone else no high profile didn't keep up their end of the bargain I am sure you wouldn't have any problem revoking bond.
Can tell I am trying to talk you into putting her back in jail?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back