Supreme Court Nominee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when considering a nominee the most important part is to review past cases and their demeanor and fairness toward both sides at the time. Plus their knowledge of the law and demeanor on the bench.

16 of his opinions in the WDC..appellate court was also adopted in the majority opinions of the SC as well. That is an amazing achievement.

Even defense attorneys have said JK is a fair judge. I haven't seen anyone who has appeared before him in the last 12 years say otherwise.

He is known for his calm temperament giving respect to both sides. Like he said...the one who has the law on their side will be the one who wins. That is how any judge should rule
Not one who interprets the law and how they want it read but upholds the laws as they are written.

Even though he showed anger and emotional sadness in his latest testimony when he personally was being attacked and accused imo that has nothing to do with his temperance when he is in a courtroom.. He is well known to consistently have the demeanor needed to be a good judge that listens closely to each side of the argument.

Imo the worst thing for anyone would be if they felt they were being falsely accused of a sex crime they insist they did not do. So I found his anger justified and anyone accused of the same would be madder than heck if they knew those claims were false. It showed JK.....as a human being who hurts and feels anger like everyone does during traumatic times in their lives.

The situation for him and Dr. Ford were totally different situations.. She was handled with kid gloves by both parties...rightly so.

He faced 10 crouching tigers ready to spring to attack him and they did just like he had seen them do in the media for many days before he was finally allowed to testify again.

No one seem to care that he and his family were also getting death threats during the time he had to wait to testify again.

Imo

I think about the many hours Hillary Clinton was examined for Benghazi and she did not have a break out in emotional display. I think Michelle Obama never broke out in tears from being called names . Obama never broke down even with death threats and having his effigy hung, for instance.

So we can see in public servants that they do not collapse under pressure.

P
I need short baby answers

hard to ask questions when one is not really sure ehat they are asking

cause everything is a mess in my mind how all this works

randomly!

so witnesses in this tragedy:

if they say they are cooperating

can they say they wont go under oath

is that still considered cooperating

can they say they will cooperate and then take the fifth

the fifth stuff is insane

like with all the other DC stuff

if x happens and they try to plead the fifth they can go to jail

but in some other scenario they can plead the fifth and that is fine

so then with Judge he is at risk for being involved so does his lawyer try to tell them he will talk as long as he is under immunity

WIth the male bonding that this group apparently "did" much of it appears to be about conquest - so I really can imagine after she escaped from the rapist the conversation going like man i gave it to her she loved it bla bla

so then that could make all of em like accomplices or something

Calender: do any of you know the first and last names of the names on calendar

tia

NAMES ON CALENDAR (sorry, I don't know how to snip, and I just saw you added this part).

Yes, I know the full names of all those listed on K"s calendar for July 1, 1982, anyway, and those folks are likely the most relevant. But, TOS I think applies to posting their names or sleuthing them? Do I have that latter part right or not?

The title of this tread is Supreme Court Nominee, not Brett Kavenaugh FBI investigation. So I don't think anyone is off topic to show evidence of why he is unsuited to the postition of Supreme Court Justice.

#1, Someone on this or the #1 thread posted "Falsus in uno, Falsus in omnibus." In that light I beleive that weather he is a liar or not reflects upon the veracity of his response to the sexual assault allegations. (let alone the coroboration of his heavy drinking)

#2. Brett Kavanaugh is not and will not be a non partisan arbiter.

"Both Ted and Brett had what one could only be called an unhealthy obsession with the Clintons — especially Hillary. While Ted was pushing through the Arkansas Project conspiracy theories claiming that Clinton White House lawyer and Hillary friend Vincent Foster was murdered (he committed suicide), Brett was costing taxpayers millions by pedaling the same garbage at Starr's office."

"Kavanaugh was not a dispassionate finder of fact but rather an engineer of a political smear campaign. And after decades of that, he expects people to believe he's changed his stripes."

Opinion | David Brock: The Brett Kavanaugh I knew shouldn't sit on the Supreme Court

David brock- american liberal political consultant
& founded mediamatters.
Mediamatters funded by soros.
No Thank You.

Her personal yearbook?

School yearbooks from her HS years that have been removed from the web.

The yearbook title is SCRIBE. The relevant issues are SCRIBE 82, SCRIBE 83 and SCRIBE 84, corresponding to Blasey’s sophomore, junior and senior years, when she and her classmates (and Kavanaugh) were 15-17 year old juveniles.

P

NAMES ON CALENDAR (sorry, I don't know how to snip, and I just saw you added this part).

Yes, I know the full names of all those listed on K"s calendar for July 1, 1982, anyway, and those folks are likely the most relevant. But, TOS I think applies to posting their names or sleuthing them? Do I have that latter part right or not?

I posted them upthread. They are in the “annotated” WaPo calendar story. Some probably aren’t sleuthable per ToS. The names he listed most frequently are already quite public, like Judge.

ETA link, calendar images and prior post:

View attachment 149086
View attachment 149085
View attachment 149087
View attachment 149088

Analysis | Kavanaugh’s 1982 calendar, annotated

Among the people named repeatedly are Mark Judge (“Judge”), a classmate of Kavanaugh’s who is now a conservative writer — and who was said to have been at the party where the alleged assault occurred. Another alleged attendee was Patrick Smyth (“PJ”), also a classmate. There are also repeated references to Chris Garrett (“Squi”), who played on the football team with Kavanaugh.

There’s a conspiracy theory floating around about the “scrubbing” of Ford’s yearbook images.

Can’t link because the (many alt-right) sources are against ToS. The sources are Google-able.

She is an alleged victim.

Her privacy deserves to be protected.

As does the privacy of all the private people named and photographed in that yearbook who have little or nothing to do with this case.

IMO

QUOTE="EuTuCroquet?, post: 14434118, member: 195741"]I posted them upthread. They are in the “annotated” WaPo calendar story. Some probably aren’t sleuthable per ToS. The names he listed most frequently are already quite public, like Judge.]
------

Other than Judge, imo the most relevant person for the FBI to interview is "Squi." Squi was a good friend of K's, AND Dr. Ford's boyfriend for several months in 1982. Squi introduced Dr. Ford to K, and it was Squi's friendship with K that led to Dr. Ford attending gatherings/parties that K also attended over those months.

I don't envy Squi. He was also the boy targeted by Whelan in his since deleted accusation that Dr. Ford likely was attacked, but by Squi, a "look alike," not by K.

Wonder on top of all that how it felt to him to have Dr. Ford immediately jump in to save HIS name after Whelan accused him, and that she refused to drag in his name during her public testimony? Especially since Squi had earlier signed his name to the list of Georgetown Prep era folks saying they supported K's nomination?

Squi seems to have been in a position to have observed K drinking & his behavior in general while drinking, and including K's treatment of girls while/after he was drinking.

I posted them upthread. They are in the “annotated” WaPo calendar story. Some probably aren’t sleuthable per ToS. The names he listed most frequently are already quite public, like Judge.

ETA link, calendar images and prior post:

View attachment 149086
View attachment 149085
View attachment 149087
View attachment 149088

Analysis | Kavanaugh’s 1982 calendar, annotated

Among the people named repeatedly are Mark Judge (“Judge”), a classmate of Kavanaugh’s who is now a conservative writer — and who was said to have been at the party where the alleged assault occurred. Another alleged attendee was Patrick Smyth (“PJ”), also a classmate. There are also repeated references to Chris Garrett (“Squi”), who played on the football team with Kavanaugh.

And Leland Keyser, she was there as well.

David brock- american liberal political consultant
& founded mediamatters.
Mediamatters funded by soros.
No Thank You.

Media Matters for America is a progressive tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, with the stated mission of "comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media". Wikipedia

Not sure what any of that has to do with Ford, Kavanaugh, Ramirez, Judge, Swetnick or anyone else. The rumors are unfounded, irrelevant and ridiculous, imo.

Debunking 5 (More) Viral Rumors About Kavanaugh’s Accusers

Claim: Ms. Ramirez has ties to the liberal megadonor George Soros.

Verdict: False.

This week, two distinct — but equally false — rumors spread about links between Judge Kavanaugh’s accusers and George Soros, the liberal billionaire and Democratic megadonor. (Mr. Soros makes frequent appearances in internet conspiracy theories.)

The first claim was that Ms. Ramirez, who lives in Colorado, had received a fellowship in 2013 from the Open Society Foundations, a philanthropic organization started by Mr. Soros.

In fact, a different Deborah Ramirez — a law professor at Northeastern University in Boston — received a grant from the organization.

The false claim began to pick up steam on conservative social media on Monday morning. John Fund, a columnist for National Review, tweeted that the “irony of this is just too great.” Mr. Fund subsequently apologized and issued a correction on Twitter.

The accusation also quickly appeared on r/the_donald, a pro-Trump forum on Reddit, the popular message board. It then spread to several right-wing media outlets. Big League Politics, a website founded by former Breitbart employees, published a story titled “BUSTED: Kavanaugh Second Accuser Was George Soros Open Society Fellow.” The article has since been deleted, and no correction was issued.

Last edited:
Media Matters for America is a progressive tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, with the stated mission of "comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media". Wikipedia

From same link.

Funding

Media Matters has a policy of not comprehensively listing donors. In 2010, six years after the Democracy Alliance initially endorsed MMfA, financier George Soros — a founding and continuing member of the Alliance — announced that he was donating $1 million to MMfA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3