Supreme Court Nominee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The president also voiced confidence in the investigative process. "The FBI I believe is doing a really great job," he said. They have been all over already. They have free rein. They're going to do whatever they have to do, whatever it is they do. They'll be doing things that we've never even thought of, and hopefully at the conclusion everything will be fine."

FBI contacts 2nd Kavanaugh accuser; Trump says extra scrutiny may be 'blessing in disguise'

FBI contacts 2nd Kavanaugh accuser; Trump says extra scrutiny may be 'blessing in disguise'

The FBI has reached out to a second woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault -- a day after President Trump ordered the bureau to conduct a new background investigation.

An attorney for Deborah Ramirez, who claims that Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a Yale college party several years ago, said that the FBI had reached out to her.

"We can confirm the FBI has reached out to interview Ms. Ramirez and she has agreed to cooperate with their investigation," attorney John Clune said in a statement. "Out of respect for the integrity of the process, we will have no further comment at this time."

Haha! @Elley Mae. Jinx. :D

FBI contacts Kavanaugh accuser Deborah Ramirez in investigation

Swetnick is represented by Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stormy Daniels, the adult film star and director who says she had a sexual liaison with Trump. The president denies the affair, as he does allegations of sexual misconduct from more than a dozen women.

On Saturday, Avenatti told the Post he did not “know how this investigation could be called complete” if the FBI did not contact his client.​

Trump, meanwhile, repeated a familiar attack on a Democratic member of the Senate judiciary committee, Richard Blumenthal, over what the president called his “fraudulent service in Vietnam”.

Like Trump, Blumenthal received deferments from service as a student. Unlike Trump, he then served in the US Marine Corps without leaving the US. Before being elected in 2010, Blumenthal occasionally said he had been “in Vietnam”.​

Report: White House Is Controlling Who FBI Interviews in Kavanaugh Investigation

When President Trump ordered the short FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh that Senator Jeff Flake had abruptly demanded on Friday, it was not quite clear exactly how the bureau would proceed. Would it restrict its inquiry — which the Senate Judiciary Committee specified would concentrate on “current credible allegations” — only to Christine Ford’s accusation of sexual assault, which was the focus of Thursday’s dramatic hearing? Or would it dig into the full suite of allegations that have swirled around the judge over the last week?

The agency appears to be going in a third direction, but not necessarily because it wants to.

Just hours before President Trump authorized the new inquiry, the FBI had reached out to Deborah Ramirez, the second woman to come forward with recollections of alleged sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh.

But on Saturday afternoon, NBC News reported that the White House was limiting the scope of the probe to cover only Ford and Ramirez — not Julie Swetnick, the third woman to come forward with allegations of misconduct against Kavanaugh. “Instead of investigating Swetnick’s claims,” according to NBC, “the White House counsel’s office has given the FBI a list of witnesses they are permitted to interview, according to several people who discussed the parameters on the condition of anonymity.”
bbm

Alyssa Milano: Difficult to attend Kavanaugh hearing, but 'felt like I needed to be there' - CNNPolitics

"It was a very hard day to be in that room, but I was proud to be a woman and I was proud to be a survivor, and I felt like I needed to be there for other survivors that couldn't be there," Milano told CNN's Ana Cabrera.

"I thought it was important to stand in solidarity with Dr. Ford and all women and men who have been victims of crazy abuses of power," she added. "And I felt blessed to be able to do that and to be there, no matter how stoic I had to be and sort of prevent myself from, you know, rolling my eyes. I just had to sit there and be stoic, and that was difficult. It was definitely an exercise in how to constrain and restrain yourself."

Milano also criticized Kavanaugh's behavior during the hearing, implying that the nominee escaped some criticism for his behavior because he was man.

"If a woman acted like that during a line of questioning, she would have been considered totally unhinged or like she was having a meltdown, which I think proves that he doesn't have the temperament to be on the Supreme Court," she said of Kavanaugh.​

Report: White House Is Controlling Who FBI Interviews in Kavanaugh Investigation

When President Trump ordered the short FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh that Senator Jeff Flake had abruptly demanded on Friday, it was not quite clear exactly how the bureau would proceed. Would it restrict its inquiry — which the Senate Judiciary Committee specified would concentrate on “current credible allegations” — only to Christine Ford’s accusation of sexual assault, which was the focus of Thursday’s dramatic hearing? Or would it dig into the full suite of allegations that have swirled around the judge over the last week?

The agency appears to be going in a third direction, but not necessarily because it wants to.

Just hours before President Trump authorized the new inquiry, the FBI had reached out to Deborah Ramirez, the second woman to come forward with recollections of alleged sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh.

But on Saturday afternoon, NBC News reported that the White House was limiting the scope of the probe to cover only Ford and Ramirez — not Julie Swetnick, the third woman to come forward with allegations of misconduct against Kavanaugh. “Instead of investigating Swetnick’s claims,” according to NBC, “the White House counsel’s office has given the FBI a list of witnesses they are permitted to interview, according to several people who discussed the parameters on the condition of anonymity.”
bbm
The FBI investigation is a fraud. Also records not allowed to be subpoenaed. Kavanaugh's drinking not to be discussed because several Yale classmates have come forward to say he was lying about his drinking during his testimony. Ramirez classmates knew about the incident at the time according to the New Yorker but now I don't know if they will be talked to. Like a degree from Trump University this investigation is a fraud. What did we expect?

President Trump said Saturday the FBI has "free reign" to conduct its investigation into Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh but that he hopes the investigation uncovers who leaked the letter his accuser Christine Blasey Ford sent lawmakers.

Trump: FBI should find leaker in Kavanaugh investigation
Of course Trump is not interested in the truth. And he's lying again (over 5000 lies since he took office per the Washington Post) FBI not given "free reign" per NBC news.

Bah.

I'm an incurable cynical optimist. LOL

The FBI investigation is a fraud. Also records not allowed to be subpoenaed. Kavanaugh's drinking not to be discussed because several Yale classmates have come forward to say he was lying about his drinking during his testimony. Ramirez classmates knew about the incident at the time according to the New Yorker but now I don't know if they will be talked to. Like a degree from Trump University this investigation is a fraud. What did we expect?

Alyssa Milano: Difficult to attend Kavanaugh hearing, but 'felt like I needed to be there' - CNNPolitics

"It was a very hard day to be in that room, but I was proud to be a woman and I was proud to be a survivor, and I felt like I needed to be there for other survivors that couldn't be there," Milano told CNN's Ana Cabrera.

"I thought it was important to stand in solidarity with Dr. Ford and all women and men who have been victims of crazy abuses of power," she added. "And I felt blessed to be able to do that and to be there, no matter how stoic I had to be and sort of prevent myself from, you know, rolling my eyes. I just had to sit there and be stoic, and that was difficult. It was definitely an exercise in how to constrain and restrain yourself."

Milano also criticized Kavanaugh's behavior during the hearing, implying that the nominee escaped some criticism for his behavior because he was man.

"If a woman acted like that during a line of questioning, she would have been considered totally unhinged or like she was having a meltdown, which I think proves that he doesn't have the temperament to be on the Supreme Court," she said of Kavanaugh.​

In reference to Kavanaugh being emotional/mad/angry, I don’t blame him.

I like my father am a very emotional person, cry at the drop if a pin.

I don’t go to funerals, too much crying.

When he spoke about his children I too cried.

When he got angry and chided them about the way he had been treated, I thought finally someone to say what I have felt for so long.

I truly believe he will pass.

FBI contacts Kavanaugh accuser Deborah Ramirez in investigation

Swetnick is represented by Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stormy Daniels, the adult film star and director who says she had a sexual liaison with Trump. The president denies the affair, as he does allegations of sexual misconduct from more than a dozen women.

On Saturday, Avenatti told the Post he did not “know how this investigation could be called complete” if the FBI did not contact his client.​

Trump, meanwhile, repeated a familiar attack on a Democratic member of the Senate judiciary committee, Richard Blumenthal, over what the president called his “fraudulent service in Vietnam”.

Like Trump, Blumenthal received deferments from service as a student. Unlike Trump, he then served in the US Marine Corps without leaving the US. Before being elected in 2010, Blumenthal occasionally said he had been “in Vietnam”.​
Cadet Bone Spurs cracks me up when he calls anyone else out about Vietnam service. Reportedly he couldn't even tell a reporter which foot had bone spurs. Biggest CON ever.

In reference to Kavanaugh being emotional/mad/angry, I don’t blame him.

I like my father am a very emotional person, cry at the drop if a pin.

I don’t go to funerals, too much crying.

When he spoke about his children I too cried.

When he got angry and chided them about the way he had been treated, I thought finally someone to say what I have felt for so long.

I truly believe he will pass.
We don't want our justices to throw juvenile tantrums. Worse he told many lies during Thursday's testimony. Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath (and I was hard on Clinton at the time for doing so) Kavanaugh should be impeached from current position, not promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3