SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

Unfortunately, I don't believe that they will ever look for anyone else unless they are forced to. To do so would be to admit that they were wrong.
True, but Damien just stated in the press conference that they themselves "will continue to investigate". I believe he will make this his life mission, to clear their names.

How ironic that is, that the three falsely accused and incarcerated (imo) for killing the three little boys, may actually be the ones to finally bring the little boys justice.

True, but Damien just stated in the press conference that they themselves "will continue to investigate". I believe he will make this his life mission, to clear their names.

How ironic that is, that the three falsely accused and incarcerated (imo) for killing the three little boys, may actually be the ones to finally bring the little boys justice.

Now that would be awesome!

Ironic, yes, but sometimes that is the way that it happens! And Damien seems just like the kind of guy who really would continue to work and investigate even after release. I hope they are successful.

I am very glad that Fox News has ignored this story.

They haven't ignored it.....they have gone over it several times in the last couple of hours on air....I have no idea if there is an online article, tho.

Ironic, yes, but sometimes that is the way that it happens! And Damien seems just like the kind of guy who really would continue to work and investigate even after release. I hope they are successful.
I really think Damien and his wife, Lori, along with some of their active supporters have already uncovered more evidence that is not yet publicly known.

I think that as of yet undisclosed evidence played a huge part in how & why they will be sleeping outside of prison walls tonight, for the first time in over eighteen years.

Wow. What a day!

"This was not justice," he said. "In the beginning, we told nothing but the truth that we were innocent. And they sent us to prison for the rest of our lives for it. And then we had to come here and the only thing the state would do for us is to say 'hey, we'll let you go, but only if you admit guilt.

"That's not justice no matter how you look at it. They're not out there trying to figure out who really murdered those boys."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/aug/19/breaking-plea-reached-west-memphis-murders/

I hope they can overcome it. I hope they can all get decent jobs and become contributing members to society. The odds are stacked against them after having been locked up for 18 years and being convicted murderers. It's really sad. They truly are victims.
This post just made me wonder... if Damien writes a book about what he has gone through, it will certainly make him quite a bit of money. But, because he was forced (imo) to plead guilty to win his freedom, will he be barred from profiting?

This post just made me wonder... if Damien writes a book about what he has gone through, it will certainly make him quite a bit of money. But, because he was forced (imo) to plead guilty to win his freedom, will he be barred from profiting?

I wonder if his wife could write the book. :waitasec:

"I haven't had direct sunlight on my skin in almost 8 years now. I haven't touched grass or tree or earth in almost 17 years," said Echols.
Feb/2010

23 hours a day in lock down, isolation, the knowledge that your life could be taken at any time.

No matter what "side" you fall on can any of us really say they don't understand why this deal was excepted?
Damien wasn't just living in prison he was living in hell

I am very glad that Fox News has ignored this story.

Did you know that the one confession was from a mentally challenged 16 yr old, who told the cops that they kidnapped the boys in the morning. In fact the 3 boy scouts had been in school all day, and were Not taken in the morning.

That's right. There were no multiple confessions to multiple people. Never happened. One confession by a mentally challenged teen who was told he could go home if he confessed. He recanted immediately,

It's shocking how little you know about the case.

"Eight months after his original confession, on February 17, 1994, Misskelley made another statement to police with his lawyer Dan Stidham in the room continually advising Misskelley not to say anything. Misskelley ignored this advice continually and went on to detail how Damien and Jason abused and murdered the boys, while he watched until he decided to leave."

So much for a single confession and immediate recantation.

Nope ,because I would be admitting they had evidence to convict me (based on definitions posted here) Which I am under the impression there is no evidence SO why would I plea saying there is?
I will be the first to admit I am not as 'noble' as others, because if I had been sitting on Death Row for 18 years, for a crime I knew I didn't commit, and I was told the only way I could end the unjustified incarceration was to grudgingly plead 'Guilty', I would plead guilty in a heartbeat.

But, just like Damien, I would make sure I told anyone and everyone who would listen, that I had not committed the crime. Like Damien, I would swear to work to clear my name- to prove my innocence.

Damien is behaving just like a falsely accused person would, in my opinion.
O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony should take note.

(Okay, I just threw that last sentence in there because it felt good)!

Well...pooh...Fox did a roundtable thingy about the case. But, true to form with other media and attorneys and celbs., the 3 murder victims were not mentioned by name. :innocent:

It's shocking how little you know about the case.

"Eight months after his original confession, on February 17, 1994, Misskelley made another statement to police with his lawyer Dan Stidham in the room continually advising Misskelley not to say anything. Misskelley ignored this advice continually and went on to detail how Damien and Jason abused and murdered the boys, while he watched until he decided to leave."

So much for a single confession and immediate recantation.

Watch the 48 hours episode I linked.

Feb/2010

23 hours a day in lock down, isolation, the knowledge that your life could be taken at any time.

No matter what "side" you fall on can any of us really say they don't understand why this deal was excepted?
Damien wasn't just living in prison he was living in hell

At least he's alive....18 years for 3 murders is a deal any killer would take! I don't blame any of them for taking that sweetheart deal!

Watch the 48 hours episode I linked.

For some reason, linking to 48 hours episodes has been a problem for MONTHS. Every link magically turns into the link for the Michelle Le case (I think that's the one). So to actually watch the 48 hours, you'll need to go to the actual network/show website to find it.

One would think they could have fixed this linking bug after all this time, but...

Anyway, I was happily surprised to see the news that these guys are out! I haven't read all the details of how and why, though, but my first reaction is that it's kinda lame they had to plead guilty to get released.

I better go back and read:)

For some reason, linking to 48 hours episodes has been a problem for MONTHS. Every link magically turns into the link for the Michelle Le case (I think that's the one). So to actually watch the 48 hours, you'll need to go to the actual network/show website to find it.

One would think they could have fixed this linking bug after all this time, but...

Anyway, I was happily surprised to see the news that these guys are out! I haven't read all the details of how and why, though, but my first reaction is that it's kinda lame they had to plead guilty to get released.

I better go back and read:)

I managed to fix the link. It now goes to the right page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back