SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Huh?? They just admitted that they killed the little boys! They ARE the REAL killers!!

If you were arrested for a crime you didn't commit, railroaded and sentenced before you were ever even found guilty, then really sentenced to serving life in prison or the death sentence...and then you spent 18 years behind bars dealing with horrific rapes, and terrifying criminals...and someone said to you, "Say you are guilty and everything goes away. You can go home and won't be bothered by us anymore."

You'd probably say you were guilty.

prosecutor:

Mathmatically, it is appropriate. This is the right resolution to this case at this time. Only time will tell if this was a right decision on my part.

Sounds like justice will be up to regular civilians to sleuth this out and find who did it. Maybe if someone gets enough evidence, the cops will take it seriously.

One can only hope that happens.

DA basically said in so many words he couldn't win at new trials due to witness statements, deaths, some victim families now on defendant's side, etc. Said defense came to Attorney General with deal. Said he did not give victim's families veto power over deal.

And this is the reason I do not understand why the defense does not want to go all the way. Even the prosecuter's don't think they could get a conviction this time. So basically the 3 just want out, to me I still question why they don't want new trials if opinion is so overwhelming that they would be acquitted.

I don't see it that way.

And the prosecutor just admitted, the plea is so they cannot sue for the millions that would normally be sued for.

Whatever....they admitted to killing 3 little boys. But, hey, they are FREE!! :innocent:

jmo, cya. They know they are innocent. Pursuing other leads would mean they effed up. And they did! Jmo

they won't swallow their pride and look for the killers imo

god bless the murdered boys, and the state will not look for their killers. Tragic imo

ita!!

An Alford Plea is not an "I did it" plea. Just an fyi, and they were forced into this so they cannot sue, and probably so the State will not prosecute the perp.

I can see why the prosecution did this, I still do not understand why the defense would.

I don't know a lot about this case but from the bit I have read I do believe they are innocent and I just don't understand why they wouldn't continue to pursue the new DNA information and other information that has come into play after these 3 were convicted. If these 3 men are truley innocent it's a real shame what they had to go thru and how their lives will be difficult after 18 years in prison and with all this on their records. Also I do not even want to think what will happen if these 3 are indeed evil and re-offend...what a mess. Just so sad for the little boys and that someone out there knows what happened to them.

I look at it like I look at Stockholm Syndrome for what it is worth.

So rather then new trials, the defense wanted a plea also. I wonder why they would not want vindication with new trials.

Maybe they watched the Casey Anthony verdict... and didn't trust that the justice system is anymore rational than it was 18 years ago.

Not many people would want to roll the dice after 18 years... get out today, or risk the rest of your life or the death penalty?

I would have a hard time saying "I won't admit guilt... take me to trial after I've already been wrongly convicted."

I have not been wrongly convicted and spent 18 years in prison for a crime I didn't commit.

I cannot judge the decision these men just made. I can only say I understand why they would make it.

prosecutor:

Mathmatically, it is appropriate. This is the right resolution to this case at this time. Only time will tell if this was a right decision on my part.

I suppose he means....if any one of these 3 kill anymore little boys?? Quite a chance to take. Disgusting and sick. :sick:

Anyone have any idea how long processing will take before they are officially released? I really want to run out for lunch but don't want to miss anything.

Absolutely awesome!!! 18 years for justice for these young men. Again, it's too bad that the state of Arkansas couldn't just admit their error and move to prosecute the ones who were the real murderers. Thank goodness that Lorri Davis wouldn't let this rest. Damien has one heck of a wife.

Whatever....they admitted to killing 3 little boys. But, hey, they are FREE!! :innocent:

You could Google "Innocent people confessing to murder" and get pages upon pages of results.

Can you really say you wouldn't after being innocent and in prison for 18 years, sentenced to life or death? I highly doubt it.

Amster - no disrespect here - I can certainly understand the anger that comes with thinking murderers are being set free. Especially murderers of 3 beautiful little boys that were way too young to die.

I'm wondering how much you know about this case? Have you studied the evidence and transcripts? I (along with many, many, many other people) believe these men to be completely innocent of the charges. They HAD to say they were guilty or they wouldn't have been allowed to go.

@ashblackstone
Several outburts in the courtroom from victim's family members. "Baby killer" "Worst case of misjustice Ive seen in my life." #wm3
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I pray the prosecutor is just saying that today, trying to minimize the blow and that people will nag and nag them and when the dust dies down they will publicize "new" evidence and begin to investigate. Positive thinking...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back