Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it that the realtor was speculating about the fiancee as in those with money marry looks. I haven't seen anything that really confirms there ever was a fiancee other than heresay. With respect to the fiancee, has there been any confirmed notices of the engagement? These are fairly common and more so amongst those with money. I'm thinking something along the lines of an engagement part, upcoming wedding announcement or stag & doe gathering. Also, if a wedding was upcoming, the future bride may have started making plans like booking a hall, the church, etc.

One option to this is his gf is Informant #1, informing police who the suspect was with the "Ambition" tattoo, and who also knew of activities at the farm where "something" was buried... I'm sure only a select few would have known about that, and maybe even the gf wasn't told of something being buried at the farm, but had seen evidence of digging there. After their engagement was called off, for what ever reason, gf was bitter and now is getting her revenge. (Perhaps DM wasn't as loyal as she expected...or was more involved in activities she disapproved of... could be many reasons to call off the engagement... you just have to speak to the girl...)

Well, uhm, not to put too fine a point on it but that NP article sounds to me as if a top level employee was being raked over the coals for not doing his job satisfactorily. Moreover, it was evidently DM, not WM, who was taking the executive lead in reviewing contracts, etc.

Did you read the whole thing? It continues after the links...

Although the Millard family is often described as an aviation dynasty, in reality, neither Wayne nor Dellen — both of whom were their parents’ only children — had been heavily involved in Millardair, which was founded by Wayne’s late father Carl in 1954 and remained Carl’s baby up until his death in 2006.

As for the family company, a former Millardair pilot who did not wish to be named said that, by 1990, “it wasn’t much of a business … and was more of a hobby for Carl.”

To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets.
]

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

I think the locals would rather open up to a local reporter, and NOT some Toronto hack that doesn't understand they way things are around here.

In the agricultural, rural community, Locals look after their own first, period.

Even weekend-warrior, hobby-farming city slickers will get the out-sider treatment.

The above statement would be logical.

It's especially interesting to read that they needed a loan, or loans from the bank to continue with the new hangar project. Large projects like that seldom are finished on budget. How much more money was needed to get to the point where they were, just before WM died? And were there any signed maintenance contracts at that point? It really sounds like DM was sick of the whole plan and really didn't want any part of it.

I'm not a numbers person. Nevertheless I understand that keeping track of numbers is essential in many endeavours. News reporting, for instance and, even more essentially LE reportage. So I'm puzzled by the numerical deficiencies that seem to characterize the few bits of information we've received so far, MOO.

1. "Suspect # 1 (Millard) has "numerous" tattoos on his arm". He had 2 that might possible be visible but then only if sleeves were rolled up. You might possibly see a third tattoo on his arm if his shirt was off altogether.

<snipped for space>

Regarding the tattoos, if DM was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, there would be FOUR tattoos that are completely visible -- one on each wrist (small and somewhat faint) and one on the inside of each forearm (large, and the 'font' is quite dark). Given the placement of his Baja tattoo, the bottom portion may be visible as well, depending on the length of the short sleeves.

1297416800284_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/15/crime-out-of-character-for-accused-bosma-killer-lawyer

You can see four tattoos in that photo (and we know the one on his right wrist would be visible as well from a different angle). JMO but I would consider someone with five visible tattoos to have "numerous" tattoos.

To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets.
]

Carli say: "When an elephant is rolling over, a wise rider will jump off its back as soon as possible." IMO.

Interesting that the Realtor met the fiancee. That's the first I've heard of it! <respectfully snipped>

Yes--agree!

[removed comments about lack of social bonds after reading jash's subsequent post--thanks, jash!]

So DM was engaged but no photo or other newspaper evidence of published bans exist?

Wondering if this woman is fiction (i.e., another story) or a confused statement arising from the fact that his father had been recently engaged. All JMO, IMO, MOO!

Yes--agree!

Just a question about DM's social life than anything else: Have we ever seen photographic evidence of any close social bond between DM and a female? (not questioning his sexuality at all--just strictly his social preferences).

When looking over the FB photos of AM for example, AM is shown with the same woman repeatedly. They look close--as friends might.

In the photos that we've seen up to this point, I don't recall ever seeing DM with any females--although I have seen at least one photo (for instance, the one with LB and another man) where he's included in a group photo.

So engaged but no photo or other newspaper evidence of published bans exist?

Wondering if this woman is fiction (i.e., another story) or a confused statement arising from the fact that his father had been recently engaged. All JMO, IMO, MOO!

DM did/does have a girlfriend.

"One friend of Mr. Millard&#8217;s girlfriend shared the impression of him as a modest man who acted neither spoiled nor particularly well-off. &#8220;He&#8217;s a soft-spoken sort of a guy,&#8221; said the friend, who cannot be named due to a publication ban. &#8220;I didn&#8217;t even know he had money. He never acted like it.&#8221;

Though the two never became close, the friend said Mr. Millard seemed to treat his girlfriend well, taking her on skydiving trips and tropical vacations
."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...arged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

This girlfriend is likely the one whose fb profile pic showed DM hugging/kissing her (account is now private), and who still appears in some of the French friends' photos from their visit to Canada (went skydiving with them, sang on stage).

In addition, "The Crown has said Millard's girlfriend may be an important witness in this case."
http://www.cjbk.com/localnews/story.aspx?ID=1961824

Regarding the tattoos, if DM was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, there would be FOUR tattoos that are completely visible -- one on each wrist (small and somewhat faint) and one on the inside of each forearm (large, and the 'font' is quite dark). Given the placement of his Baja tattoo, the bottom portion may be visible as well, depending on the length of the short sleeves.

1297416800284_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/15/crime-out-of-character-for-accused-bosma-killer-lawyer

You can see four tattoos in that photo (and we know the one on his right wrist would be visible as well from a different angle). JMO but I would consider someone with five visible tattoos to have "numerous" tattoos.

I tried to figure out where in the world that picture was from, what looks to be "Bar D'el Mar" or "Bar Del Mar" isn't exactly a Croatian sounding name, more Spanish if you ask me, and he's wearing a Union Jack shirt, but I hadn't heard of him spending any time in the UK. Maybe it was briefly on a stop-over on the way to Croatia. Note that the sign inviting people to "go to my seafront terrace" is in english.

I tried to figure out where in the world that picture was from, what looks to be "Bar D'el Mar" or "Bar Del Mar" isn't exactly a Croatian sounding name, more Spanish if you ask me, and he's wearing a Union Jack shirt, but I hadn't heard of him spending any time in the UK. Maybe it was briefly on a stop-over on the way to Croatia. Note that the sign inviting people to "go to my seafront terrace" is in english.

I believe it's in Mykonos, Greece. They visited Greece as well as Croatia.

Edit: yes -- here's the website: http://www.bardelmar.gr/photo4.html

Well, uhm, not to put too fine a point on it but that NP article sounds to me as if a top level employee was being raked over the coals for not doing his job satisfactorily. Moreover, it was evidently DM, not WM, who was taking the executive lead in reviewing contracts, etc. IMO. He also mentions "didn&#8217;t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon". Apart from being a rather extraordinary view for an employee to express about a boss or the boss' family, this suggests that DM had deadlines and was expected to be at work at a particular time of day. IMO this is a picture that seems in conflict with the popular image being generated of a hard living Eurotrash wannabe, who selfishly spends daddy's money with reckless abandon and murders anybody standing in the way of what he wants, imo. When was this employee on the Millardair staff, I wonder, because he mentions DM's red mohawk. From all the pictures we've seen, that "do" seems to have been associated with the 2011 race. It hasn't appeared in more recent pictures and was certainly not mentioned in the LE description of "Suspect # 1". Views expressed are 100 percent MOO.

I see from the LinkedIn that it's a Texas based consulting firm so the observations about DM's work habits and the knowledge of who owned what around the hangar was probably secondhand, imo. IMO we understand that WM owned several vehicles kept there including one plane that had been part of CM's collection. The links are out there.

But setting aside such quibbles, this whole event is such a sad saga from almost every point of view.

BBM - I agree that he didn't retain the pink/red mohawk in recent times but I'm not sure it was just for the race. That was speculated on here, and I think while likely true of his racing partner's hair, I think there is evidence that DM sported that "do" for a number of months. He had it in the photo of the blue Nova in front of MS's house, which was posted to facebook early April 2011. He obviously had it for the Baja roadtrip and race, which was May/June 2011. He still had it when the friends from France were visiting which was July/Aug 2011. And, according to the man from Manitoulin, he still had it when he rented the yacht in Aug/Sept 2011. So DM had the mohawk for at least 4 or 5 months in 2011.

BBM - I agree that he didn't retain the pink/red mohawk in recent times but I'm not sure it was just for the race. That was speculated on here, and I think while likely true of his racing partner's hair, I think there is evidence that DM sported that "do" for a number of months. He had it in the photo of the blue Nova in front of MS's house, which was posted to facebook early April 2011. He obviously had it for the Baja roadtrip and race, which was May/June 2011. He still had it when the friends from France were visiting which was July/Aug 2011. And, according to the man from Manitoulin, he still had it when he rented the yacht in Aug/Sept 2011. So DM had the mohawk for at least 4 or 5 months in 2011.

And this was the same time the Hangar was under construction that he was supposed to be looking over??

Business acumen of MillardAir may indeed have been lacking, imo. It would be interesting to know, for instance, how WM hooked up with the Texan contract hunter consultant. (That LinkedIn education reference to 1 year's training at Texas AeroTech; Central Texas Collage for instance, might have given many hiring departments pause. Generally speaking, it's preferable to hire graduates who know how to spell "college") IMO Proof is in the pudding of course, but then that's very, very definitely MOO. I assumed it was the VP who had been brought in to do the corporate heavy lifting around the place during the company's last few months.

"Wayne Millard, a former pilot who carried on his family's airline legacy, negotiated the hangar lease and the building's construction was finished in February 2012."

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/3250211-stolen-vehicles-found-inside-millard-s-airport-hangar/

What I want to know is when they ripped down the Pearson hangar, as it happened long before this...just to know how many months they went with no income.

Not sure when this was published, but it was before CM passed http://www.wingsmagazine.com/content/view/2477/ The article states that the Co no longer had an Certificate to Operate (neither an AMO nor FBO) and they were selling parts and planes. The lease at Pearson was up in 2011 (not sure of the month) The actual hangar may have been completed in February 2012, but it would still have had to be tooled to handle the large aircraft and getting the AMO from Transport Canada to work on those planes would have taken a long time as well and would have required employment of a senior Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part5-standards-573s-243.htm

http://skiesmag.com/news/articles/17044-built-for-bigger.html

IMO, AS was correct when he said that the biggest hurdle was getting that AMO and it was just obtained on Nov 1/12. Once the Co. had the AMO, he would have needed to have a shiny well tooled hangar to show potential contracts thru and would have had a very hard time doing this with a bunch of ripped apart cars, boats and old planes cluttering it. The AMO's for the big birds look like operating rooms not boy toy storage facilities and certainly not chop shops. IMHO, AS had his hands full and he knew it. Chances are WM knew it too. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME