Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the probability that suspect #3 has been apprehended, or given him/herself up is pretty low. First, an arrest in Canada cannot be kept secret (except through the provisions of War Measures Act). The accused has a right to have charges revealed in a hearing before the judge within 48 hours to be kept in custody. Given the public interest in this case it would be something of a miracle if the arrest and remand hearing somehow escaped media attention. There may be some small chance that the 3rd suspect did talk to the police and the LE decided not to charge him/her. But I doubt that also, given that the police has said they were looking for a third suspect (not POI). They (or the prosecutor) would be obligated by the rules of the game to reveal that the 3rd person is no longer a suspect in the case to the defense of the two accused. Not to do so could seriously jeopardize the case against DM & MS.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where the police / Crown would want to keep such information from the public. For the world of me, I can't.

st,
J.

Can a deal be negotiated before someone turns themselves in? Maybe #3 had arranged something and feared for his/her life. Could #3 maybe have been an informant on the inside of a drug or car theft ring. Just throwing it out there.

Can a deal be negotiated before someone turns themselves in? Maybe #3 had arranged something and feared for his/her life. Could #3 maybe have been an informant on the inside of a drug or car theft ring. Just throwing it out there.

I think that is what happened with I think that is what happened with Holmoka, she got a lawyer, who went to the crown, to cut her a deal.

other possibility is that there is a #4 who is still out there, and #3, has cut themselves a deal

As someone said earlier, every scenario anyone comes up with, leads you further down a dark hole. If in fact, this is the stolen wood chipper from Oakville, and I believe it could be, then now we have a 100 acre farm, a virtually empty airplane hanger, an incinerator, a wood chipper and a little excavator. I know this sounds corny, but perhaps TB didn't die in vain. If these guys are as sick as I think they are, maybe TB's death unraveled what could have been the start of some very dark times. JMO.

As the LE said " anything is possible", and if he doesn't know what a "thrill kill" is, perhaps he should do some reading.

Cause of death has not been revealed. Not sure what you mean "would have taken longer than it did"? The body was discovered on Monday, May 13, and memorial was on May 22. Cremation probably performed the day before. So that's was a week at least for the coroner to complete the examination.
also in reports it says that they were at the farm since the Friday so it's possible thats when the remains were found but only announced it on the Monday

Agreed. Which is a big part of the reason I'd be surprised if they did. I don't think we'll hear a cause of death until the trial.

As seen in the murder of Noelle Paquette back on NYE, they still haven't released the COD due to a publication ban on that case. You are right, we won't hear anything until trial, unless someone close to case spills it...could be a couple years!

ETA...the COD is evidence...

also in reports it says that they were at the farm since the Friday so it's possible thats when the remains were found but only announced it on the Monday

It could also be, that the family had a memorial, but the body/remains are still not released yet. You don't need to, to have a memorial...

As someone said earlier, every scenario anyone comes up with, leads you further down a dark hole. If in fact, this is the stolen wood chipper from Oakville, and I believe it could be, then now we have a 100 acre farm, a virtually empty airplane hanger, an incinerator, a wood chipper and a little excavator. I know this sounds corny, but perhaps TB didn't die in vain. If these guys are as sick as I think they are, maybe TB's death unraveled what could have been the start of some very dark times. JMO.

As the LE said " anything is possible", and if he doesn't know what a "thrill kill" is, perhaps he should do some reading.

I had a tough time digesting that comment from LE during that particular press release... not knowing about a "thrill kill". To me, it doesn't seem plausible they've never heard this term before and makes me think they were/are trying to divert the public's attention from that possibility. JMO

June 13 is the scheduled video appearance of DM & MS --will this be a yawner day -- what is the normal sequence of events?

Nothing new will be learned from this appearance, they will be remanded back to custody and another court date will be made for their next appearance.

I think the probability that suspect #3 has been apprehended, or given him/herself up is pretty low. First, an arrest in Canada cannot be kept secret (except through the provisions of War Measures Act). The accused has a right to have charges revealed in a hearing before the judge within 48 hours to be kept in custody. Given the public interest in this case it would be something of a miracle if the arrest and remand hearing somehow escaped media attention. There may be some small chance that the 3rd suspect did talk to the police and the LE decided not to charge him/her. But I doubt that also, given that the police has said they were looking for a third suspect (not POI). They (or the prosecutor) would be obligated by the rules of the game to reveal that the 3rd person is no longer a suspect in the case to the defense of the two accused. Not to do so could seriously jeopardize the case against DM & MS.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where the police / Crown would want to keep such information from the public. For the world of me, I can't.

Best,
J.

Some things to consider........

Any undercover agent theory would mean UA reporting on these guys but wouldn't let a violent crime transpire with his knowledge or presence.

#3 could be out of direct jurisdictional reach as in another country(US)? With authorities there looking/searching but haven't located yet and yet no threat to Canada due to Detain on Sight orders at the border.

#3 may be in custody somewhere and may be fighting extradition.

#3 may already be in jail on unrelated charges and local LEs have placed a hold on them should they be released while LE gets their ducks in a row for questioning/arrest. Remember, LE isn't "sure" of the possibility of #4, #5 etc.

They may feel #3 is dead but haven't the proof yet.

I doubt remains have been released back to family if the link below holds water. When I read this article when it first came it out it stuck out to me about the 6-8 months. Is it normal for it to take that long in a homicide case, or is it going to take that long due to the remains being burned beyond recognition I wonder?

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-qu...illard-emerge-as-police-investigate-1.1287627

Hamilton police say results of the forensic examination aren’t expected for some time. A coroner’s report with details on how Tim Bosma died could take six to eight months to complete.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-qu...as-police-investigate-1.1287627#ixzz2VGDQukdX

I doubt remains have been released back to family if the link below holds water. When I read this article when it first came it out it stuck out to me about the 6-8 months. Is it normal for it to take that long in a homicide case, or is it going to take that long due to the remains being burned beyond recognition I wonder?

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-qu...illard-emerge-as-police-investigate-1.1287627

Hamilton police say results of the forensic examination aren’t expected for some time. A coroner’s report with details on how Tim Bosma died could take six to eight months to complete.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-qu...as-police-investigate-1.1287627#ixzz2VGDQukdX

Thanks for finding that article. I've been looking for any reference to TB being cremated. When doing a google search articles come up, but it seems the cremated reference has been removed from the publications.

A lawyer cannot agree to represent a fugitive from justice. There can be no negotiation until the suspect turns him/herself in. So as long as the police advertize that there is a suspect in the case who is at large, you can bet your bottom dollar the suspect is not in custody or negotiating.

As for people snitching on DM & MS I would say there is > 90% probaibility the police has had substantial input from an informant inside the ring. There may have been people associated with DM's illicit operations who were not aware there was a sinister, homicidal angle to it. They would have likely tried to jump the sinking ship and provided the cops with significant leads in their investgation. Some of the indicators that LE has inside info:

* police have maintained that Bosma was targeted. (I don't think police would have speculated to describe the intent without a significant tip)
* the early knowledge that the hangar was a chop shop. (Note that Paradkar specifically dismissed this 'rumour' in the impromptu news conference he gave on the May 15th.)
* LE have said that he was likely killed the same evening he was taken. (again this would seem a large speculation if the only clue was TB's turned-off cell)
* the statement of Sgt Det Kavanagh on May 21 - day before Smich's arrest - expressing belief that the public was not' in any danger'. (again making this sort of statement without thorough understanding of the players and circumstances would be irresponsible).
* the subsequent 'focused' digging on the property last week of May (this however has been widely advertized as stemming from the expanded investigation into LB disappearance and WM suspicious death.)

None of this is conclusive of course but in the aggregate the police seem to have been very fast in getting at the core issues. That is why I believe they had significant input from the inside of DM&SM circle of friends and associates.

Best,
J.

A lawyer cannot agree to represent a fugitive from justice. There can be no negotiation until the suspect turns him/herself in. So as long as the police advertize that there is a suspect in the case who is at large, you can bet your bottom dollar the suspect is not in custody or negotiating.

As for people snitching on DM & MS I would say there is > 90% probaibility the police has had substantial input from an informant inside the ring. There may have been people associated with DM's illicit operations who were not aware there was a sinister, homicidal angle to it. They would have likely tried to jump the sinking ship and provided the cops with significant leads in their investgation. Some of the indicators that LE has inside info:

* police have maintained that Bosma was targeted. (I don't think police would have speculated to describe the intent without a significant tip)
* the early knowledge that the hangar was a chop shop. (Note that Paradkar specifically dismissed this 'rumour' in the impromptu news conference he gave on the May 15th.)
* LE have said that he was likely killed the same evening he was taken. (again this would seem a large speculation if the only clue was TB's turned-off cell)
* the statement of Sgt Det Kavanagh on May 21 - day before Smich's arrest - expressing belief that the public was not' in any danger'. (again making this sort of statement without thorough understanding of the players and circumstances would be irresponsible).
* the subsequent 'focused' digging on the property last week of May (this however has been widely advertized as stemming from the expanded investigation into LB disappearance and WM suspicious death.)

None of this is conclusive of course but in the aggregate the police seem to have been very fast in getting at the core issues. That is why I believe they had significant input from the inside of DM&SM circle of friends and associates.

Best,
J.

There was a published # of tips of at least 700 per MSM.

Even if only a small percentage of that was good intel, it would have significant affect on an investigation spanning this many agencies, locations, and jurisdictions.

Thread for today's presser here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9535302#post9535302"]PC June 3, 2013 --Toronto Police Update on Laura Babcock - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wouldn't you know, one of the rare times I post without a link... :facepalm:

To avoid confusion, I've removed my post for now while I look for the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat