Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly FYI: The paranormal, dream interpretations, predictions, the occult, and psychic sciences are all taboo on WS.

:tyou:

Friendly FYI: The paranormal, dream interpretations, predictions, the occult, and psychic sciences are all taboo on WS.

:tyou:

Yes. I typically roll my eyes at such things and I can't believe I even went there.

:blushing:

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

Well, technically, a trustee can benefit because the trustee does get paid, does he not? However, the only way I can envision this scenario, it seems like it's too late. But I also have a hard time believing that, no matter how dense some may think DM is, that anyone (let alone someone with a distinctive tattoo) would commit a murder, leave all of the evidence pointing directly at themself, and expect not to get caught.

JMO

Yes there are ways a trustee can be paid/pay themselves.

I agree the evidence is just too 'convenient' for me... It would have made far more sense to go into Algonquin park and pitch a tent pretending to camp alongside the trailer rather than put it on your own doorstep. JMO

Well, technically, a trustee can benefit because the trustee does get paid, does he not? However, the only way I can envision this scenario, it seems like it's too late. But I also have a hard time believing that, no matter how dense some may think DM is, that anyone (let alone someone with a distinctive tattoo) would commit a murder, leave all of the evidence pointing directly at themself, and expect not to get caught.

JMO

Well technically, one can be convicted of murder in many ways. Most murders are caught because they don't realize the determination put forth by LE or the evidence that they leave behind. Similar to a child concocting a story about why they are late, it sounds perfect to them but to a responsible adult, it has enormous holes and evidence the child isn't aware of. JMO

Yes there are ways a trustee can be paid/pay themselves.

I agree the evidence is just too 'convenient' for me... It would have made far more sense to go into Algonquin park and pitch a tent pretending to camp alongside the trailer rather than put it on your own doorstep. JMO

Yes, you would drop the body anywhere except your own property. And, if you still had the truck 5 days later, you wouldn't deliver it directly to your mother's house. JMO

Well technically, one can be convicted of murder in many ways. Most murders are caught because they don't realize the determination put forth by LE or the evidence that they leave behind. Similar to a child concocting a story about why they are late, it sounds perfect to them but to a responsible adult, it has enormous holes and evidence the child isn't aware of. JMO

Even a child would know if he left the evidence on the living room floor. DM just doesn't seem that handicapped to me.

JMO

JMO

Some trustees are paid fees for services, some aren't paid. Much is determined by State/Provincial laws in how they can be "paid". Of the two(one in Canada, other in US) that I am extremely familiar with, neither are paid in any way.

Even a child would know if he left the evidence on the living room floor. DM just doesn't seem that handicapped to me.

JMO

There are people on here that don't understand evidence, I doubt DM has a clue.

Yes, you would drop the body anywhere except your own property. And, if you still had the truck 5 days later, you wouldn't deliver it directly to your mother's house. JMO

Exactly my thoughts. Lets be fair, if you killed someone deliberately or by accident and you wanted to hide the body why would you go through the trouble of incinerating or burning and then leave the remains to be found on your own property.....would you not have at least buried the evidence? Or taken to a remote spot and buried rather than your own land. ??

Once the truck was in the trailer you could have been the other side of the country in 4 days, thus giving yourself an alibi ..and having left the trailer anywhere but moms house. Instead DM is casually driving along the road with the truck/trailer sat at moms house. Something doesn't add up. JMO MOO

Exactly my thoughts. Lets be fair, if you killed someone deliberately or by accident and you wanted to hide the body why would you go through the trouble of incinerating or burning and then leave the remains to be found on your own property.....would you not have at least buried the evidence? Or taken to a remote spot and buried rather than your own land. ??

Once the truck was in the trailer you could have been the other side of the country in 4 days, thus giving yourself an alibi ..and having left the trailer anywhere but moms house. Instead DM is casually driving along the road with the truck/trailer sat at moms house. Something doesn't add up. JMO MOO

Why not just go to the police if it was an accident? Per MSM links there was evidence on the farm regardless of the burning as is usually the case.

If DM was last seen with TB and then took a trip, he'd need more than an alibi to help him.

At the time, DM most likely thought that there was no way he was, or was ever going to be, a suspect in the TB case. With that in mind, there would be no reason to hide evidence anywhere that wasn't under his control. Leaving the remains on his own property and 'casually' parking the trailer at his moms (where Millardair employees and/or friends didn't have access) makes perfect sense.

JMO

This is probably the wrong thread to address this but here goes.

First of all, this trust scenario seems IMNSHO way off base. There was nothing complicated about any of DM's real estate transactions and the fact that his mother is now running things indicates, there is no complicated behind-the-curtains trust operation with unknown people pulling the strings.

Secondly, I do not think DM is dense or a simpleton. I just don't think he's smart or highly intelligent, as his lawyer has maintained. He seems average IQ with a major ego to me.

As for leaving the evidence pointing at himself, as has been said many times before on this board, when he moved the trailer to his mother's, he was not a suspect. And presumably he was moving it from somewhere that people might be suspicious and could tie it to him -- ie the hangar -- to his mother's where no one had any idea about a chop shop, incinerator and all DM's other bad habits.

A trailer sitting at the chop shop hangar was far more likely to have people poking around inside it than a trailer parked outside Mom's house where the neighbours were not about to break it open looking for some new Harleys.

Finally, the body on the farm. If you believe as I do that DM killed Laura and disposed of her in the incinerator, he wouldn't be too worried about remains/evidence on the farm either. The whole point of buying the incinerator was IMO because DM believed it successfully got rid of evidence.

And yeah, I do believe that DM was dumb in a lot of his actions, which doesn't make him as a person dumb, it just makes him like a lot of other criminals, who don't realize everything they're leaving behind.

Addendum: I see others made some of the same points I did while I was busy writing.

At the time, DM most likely thought that there was no way he was, or was ever going to be, a suspect in the TB case. With that in mind, there would be no reason to hide evidence anywhere that wasn't under his control. Leaving the remains on his own property and 'casually' parking the trailer at his moms (where Millardair employees and/or friends didn't have access) makes perfect sense.

Not to me... JMO

JMO

Children are always doing crazy things to hide evidence. I remember my brother swearing he ate his supper after he disposed of it in the laundry basket.

Just like DM -- with his burner phone and incinerator -- my brother thought he had a pretty good plan. And just like DM, he was very quickly shown to be wrong.

This is probably the wrong thread to address this but here goes.

First of all, this trust scenario seems IMNSHO way off base. There was nothing complicated about any of DM's real estate transactions and the fact that his mother is now running things indicates, there is no complicated behind-the-curtains trust operation with unknown people pulling the strings.

Secondly, I do not think DM is dense or a simpleton. I just don't think he's smart or highly intelligent, as his lawyer has maintained. He seems average IQ with a major ego to me.

As for leaving the evidence pointing at himself, as has been said many times before on this board, when he moved the trailer to his mother's, he was not a suspect. And presumably he was moving it from somewhere that people might be suspicious and could tie it to him -- ie the hangar -- to his mother's where no one had any idea about a chop shop, incinerator and all DM's other bad habits.

A trailer sitting at the chop shop hangar was far more likely to have people poking around inside it than a trailer parked outside Mom's house where the neighbours were not about to break it open looking for some new Harleys.

Finally, the body on the farm. If you believe as I do that DM killed Laura and disposed of her in the incinerator, he wouldn't be too worried about remains/evidence on the farm either. The whole point of buying the incinerator was IMO because DM believed it successfully got rid of evidence.

And yeah, I do believe that DM was dumb in a lot of his actions, which doesn't make him as a person dumb, it just makes him like a lot of other criminals, who don't realize everything they're leaving behind.

Addendum: I see others made some of the same points I did while I was busy writing.

I try not to base my opinion on something that seems obvious ... because true life has taught me that nothing is usually as it seems. I do not believe DM killed LB...but I do believe LB knew who abducted her or killed her...or that she is in hiding because of them. thats JMO and MOO

I see no evidence of a dumb DM.... but I do see evidence of someone who had resources that could well have been taken advantage of.... JMO MOO

Children are always doing crazy things to hide evidence. I remember my brother swearing he ate his supper after he disposed of it in the laundry basket.

Just like DM -- with his burner phone and incinerator -- my brother thought he had a pretty good plan. And just like DM, he was very quickly shown to be wrong.

How old was your brother when he hid his supper in the laundry basket ?

I try not to base my opinion on something that seems obvious ... because true life has taught me that nothing is usually as it seems. I do not believe DM killed LB...but I do believe LB knew who abducted her or killed her...or that she is in hiding because of them. thats JMO and MOO

I see no evidence of a dumb DM.... but I do see evidence of someone who had resources that could well have been taken advantage of.... JMO MOO

Well there you go, life has taught me that most things are usually exactly what they seem.

What's more, I am surrounded by wealthy people who manage to go about their lives without buying burner phones, heading out on test drives from which one person never comes back, and being the victims of elaborate, conspiratorial plots. Go figure.

Well there you go, life has taught me that most things are usually exactly what they seem.

What's more, I am surrounded by wealthy people who manage to go about their lives without buying burner phones, heading out on test drives from which one person never comes back, and being the victims of elaborate, conspiratorial plots. Go figure.

Thats very nice... but IMO in the real world many things happen that are not as obvious as at first it seems. Wealthy people or paupers IMO are subject to many conspiratorial plots and possibly even moreso the wealthy due to the gravitation towards money for many people. MOO JMO

How old was your brother when he hid his supper in the laundry basket ?

I think you missed the point of the analogy, which was that -- no matter what your age -- you can think you've come up with a clever plan for dealing with evidence when, in reality, you have not.

My 7-year-old brother had a plan -- put meal in laundry basket -- and claim he ate it. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but was easily uncovered by parents who knew more.

Likewise DM had a plan -- buy burner phone and incinerator -- and claim he had nothing to do with murder victims. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but easily uncovered by police who knew more.

Thats very nice... but IMO in the real world many things happen that are not as obvious as at first it seems. Wealthy people or paupers IMO are subject to many conspiratorial plots and possibly even moreso the wealthy due to the gravitation towards money for many people. MOO JMO

Not surprised we disagree on this then as I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState