Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed the point of the analogy, which was that -- no matter what your age -- you can think you've come up with a clever plan for dealing with evidence when, in reality, you have not.

My 7-year-old brother had a plan -- put meal in laundry basket -- and claim he ate it. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but was easily uncovered by parents who knew more.

Likewise DM had a plan -- buy burner phone and incinerator -- and claim he had nothing to do with murder victims. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but easily uncovered by police who knew more.

I see your thought process, thank you.... I just don't see the logic based on what we know and the information that has been provided. JMO MOO

I think you missed the point of the analogy, which was that -- no matter what your age -- you can think you've come up with a clever plan for dealing with evidence when, in reality, you have not.

My 7-year-old brother had a plan -- put meal in laundry basket -- and claim he ate it. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but was easily uncovered by parents who knew more.

Likewise DM had a plan -- buy burner phone and incinerator -- and claim he had nothing to do with murder victims. It was in keeping with his life experience at the time, but easily uncovered by police who knew more.
I tend to agree with you Curiosity-and IMHO, there's a lot more to the psyche of DM than what's been portrayed by his lawyer. Actually, now that I think about it, aside for AS, DM's lawyer is the only one coming forward to give us an idea about how wealthy and bright DM is-but JMHO, he may be a bit subjective in his views. On another note, I don't believe wealthy and/or bright preclude people from sociopathic/psychopathic behavior and the belief that they are so bright and/or wealthy that they will never get caught...or that they can always get away with the crime. MOO

I tend to agree with you Curiosity-and IMHO, there's a lot more to the psyche of DM than what's been portrayed by his lawyer. Actually, now that I think about it, aside for AS, DM's lawyer is the only one coming forward to give us an idea about how wealthy and bright DM is-but JMHO, he may be a bit subjective in his views. On another note, I don't believe wealthy and/or bright preclude people from sociopathic/psychopathic behavior and the belief that they are so bright and/or wealthy that they will never get caught...or that they can always get away with the crime. MOO

Actually I believe there was at least one report that a friend or friends had said that DM was unassuming type of guy who did not talk about his money. The Real Estate agent (farm) said he was a nice guy. Farm sellers apparently said he drove a hard bargain when buying the farm.... doesn't sound too dim to me JMO

Actually I believe there was at least one report that a friend or friends had said that DM was unassuming type of guy who did not talk about his money. The Real Estate agent (farm) said he was a nice guy. Farm sellers apparently said he drove a hard bargain when buying the farm.... doesn't sound too dim to me JMO

You are punching a straw man. I have never said DM was dumb. I think he was average with a way inflated ego and sense of self.

And even if was brilliant, as Ms. Sherlock notes, wealth and brilliance don't mean you can't be a socio/psychopath too.

You are punching a straw man. I have never said DM was dumb. I think he was average with a way inflated ego and sense of self.

And even if was brilliant, as Ms. Sherlock notes, wealth and brilliance don't mean you can't be a socio/psychopath too.

No I didnt say you said he was dumb. And right... wealth and brilliance doesn't mean you can't be a socio/psychopath....but it doesn't mean that DM is either IMO Thank you for your opinion.

No I didnt say you said he was dumb. And right... wealth and brilliance doesn't mean you can't be a socio/psychopath....but it doesn't mean that DM is either IMO Thank you for your opinion.

IMO just about everything about DM points to him being a sociopath.

I just read what 'Captains Courageous' is about and it is similar to 'Largo Winch' (both about heirs) and in Captains Courageous, the main character is a spoiled rich kid. In another of Dee Em's facebook fave movies, American Beauty, the father who is the central character, is murdered by being shot but dies happy. Very peculiar, IMO.

I just read what 'Captains Courageous' is about and it is similar to 'Largo Winch' (both about heirs) and in Captains Courageous, the main character is a spoiled rich kid. In another of Dee Em's facebook fave movies, American Beauty, the father who is the central character, is murdered by being shot but dies happy. Very peculiar, IMO.

I think the one you missed is more interesting: Largo Winch

After a powerful billionaire is murdered, his secret adoptive son must race to prove his legitimacy, find his father's killers and stop them from taking over his financial empire.

JMO

This is probably the wrong thread to address this but here goes.

First of all, this trust scenario seems IMNSHO way off base. There was nothing complicated about any of DM's real estate transactions and the fact that his mother is now running things indicates, there is no complicated behind-the-curtains trust operation with unknown people pulling the strings.

Secondly, I do not think DM is dense or a simpleton. I just don't think he's smart or highly intelligent, as his lawyer has maintained. He seems average IQ with a major ego to me.

As for leaving the evidence pointing at himself, as has been said many times before on this board, when he moved the trailer to his mother's, he was not a suspect. And presumably he was moving it from somewhere that people might be suspicious and could tie it to him -- ie the hangar -- to his mother's where no one had any idea about a chop shop, incinerator and all DM's other bad habits.

A trailer sitting at the chop shop hangar was far more likely to have people poking around inside it than a trailer parked outside Mom's house where the neighbours were not about to break it open looking for some new Harleys.

Finally, the body on the farm. If you believe as I do that DM killed Laura and disposed of her in the incinerator, he wouldn't be too worried about remains/evidence on the farm either. The whole point of buying the incinerator was IMO because DM believed it successfully got rid of evidence.

And yeah, I do believe that DM was dumb in a lot of his actions, which doesn't make him as a person dumb, it just makes him like a lot of other criminals, who don't realize everything they're leaving behind.

Addendum: I see others made some of the same points I did while I was busy writing.

I question why one would think the trailer would be less suspicious in his mother's driveway than at the hangar. A trailer that size was very likely to have been stored at the hangar for space, and people working there would be used to seeing it parked there for months at a time without suddenly becoming curious whether anything was inside. Whereas parking it in a residential driveway for even a few days would draw attention. Not sure about in Kleinburg, but where I live, it is against city bylaws to park a trailer in a residential driveway for longer than 24 hours. Neighbours don't like how it looks.

I don't believe (at least not at this point) that DM murdered LB and disposed of her in the incinerator. But, if he had done exactly that, and completely disposed of any evidence of her, apparently successfully, I wonder why he didn't do the same with TB.

JMO

Since when was an opinion about people a conspiracy theory ? Shall we just agree to differ ?

You yourself say: "Wealthy people or paupers IMO are subject to many conspiratorial plots and possibly even moreso the wealthy due to the gravitation towards money for many people."

I on the other hand do not see conspiratorial plots playing out everywhere. And, yes, by all means, we must absolutely agree to differ.

I question why one would think the trailer would be less suspicious in his mother's driveway than at the hangar. A trailer that size was very likely to have been stored at the hangar for space, and people working there would be used to seeing it parked there for months at a time without suddenly becoming curious whether anything was inside. Whereas parking it in a residential driveway for even a few days would draw attention. Not sure about in Kleinburg, but where I live, it is against city bylaws to park a trailer in a residential driveway for longer than 24 hours. Neighbours don't like how it looks.

I don't believe (at least not at this point) that DM murdered LB and disposed of her in the incinerator. But, if he had done exactly that, and completely disposed of any evidence of her, apparently successfully, I wonder why he didn't do the same with TB.

JMO

people working there would be used to seeing it parked there for months at a time without suddenly becoming curious whether anything was inside. Really? If they were transporting stolen vehicles using trailers, as they are reported to have done with the Harley, I would think the chop shop people would be in and out all the time.

And yes, I agree, a trailer in Mom's driveway would cause talk, but no one would be entering it to take a look or wondering why all of a sudden the trailer was off-limits. IMO, it's way less of a problem at Mom's for a few days than in the hangar.

I wonder why he didn't do the same with TB. We have absolutely no idea what he did with TB. So I'm not sure why you are speculating TB and, hypothetically, LB, were treated differently, when there is zero evidence that we know of in either direction.

people working there would be used to seeing it parked there for months at a time without suddenly becoming curious whether anything was inside. Really? If they were transporting stolen vehicles using trailers, as they are reported to have done with the Harley, I would think the chop shop people would be in and out all the time.

And yes, I agree, a trailer in Mom's driveway would cause talk, but no one would be entering it to take a look or wondering why all of a sudden the trailer was off-limits. IMO, it's way less of a problem at Mom's for a few days than in the hangar.

I wonder why he didn't do the same with TB. We don't know what he did with TB.

We don't know that HE did anything with TB JMO MOO

You yourself say: "Wealthy people or paupers IMO are subject to many conspiratorial plots and possibly even moreso the wealthy due to the gravitation towards money for many people."

I on the other hand do not see conspiratorial plots playing out everywhere. And, yes, by all means, we must absolutely agree to differ.

It is well known that company embezzlement and kidnappings and the like are more likely to happen with wealthy people IMO.... what is that if not conspiratorial?? JMO MOO

I focused on the word conspiratorial after you mentioned it here:

''What's more, I am surrounded by wealthy people who manage to go about their lives without buying burner phones, heading out on test drives from which one person never comes back, and being the victims of elaborate, conspiratorial plots. Go figure.''

We do. We know he went on a test drive with TB. And TB never returned. And DM is charged with his murder.

We KNOW nothing imo.... Lets say it was DM that went on test drive...we do NOT know whether DM got out....whether he got into another car...whether someone else got into the truck...whether DM was also threatened.... we know very little....

We can however speculate JMO

I wonder why he didn't do the same with TB. We have absolutely no idea what he did with TB. So I'm not sure why you are speculating TB and, hypothetically, LB, were treated differently, when there is zero evidence that we know of in either direction.

Do you have a link to more information about the Harley? To my knowledge, the Harley was stolen in it's own trailer, not one of DM's trailers. Who is "they" that was reported to have stolen the Harley? The owner said it was seen being towed away by a black truck. The only people I've seen with a black truck, that are connected to this story, are not suspects. If the "chop shop people" weren't concerned about a stolen Harley being stored at the hangar, why would they be concerned about DM's own trailer?

You're correct, we don't know what he did with TB. But we do know that he didn't make all evidence of the body disappear.

JMO

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse