Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, January 25, 2013

Woman makes up story of assault, carjacking, and threatened rape so her boyfriend would not find out she was playing video poker.

http://www.cotwa.info/2013/01/woman-makes-up-story-of-assault.html

Maybe LE found parts of this victims Highlander in DM's hangar...

Man stabbed in Vaughan carjacking
680News staff Jan 15, 2013 10:22:21 PM

two male suspects approached the victim in a Walmart parking lot near Bathurst Street and Centre Street and allegedly forced him into the back of his 2001 Toyota Highlander, police say. There is currently no description of the suspects.

Police are searching for the victim’s vehicle.

http://m.680news.com/2013/01/15/man-stabbed-in-vaughan-carjacking/

Worst blind date ever starts with
a stroll, ends with a carjacking
Published April 25, 2013

http://www.wheels.ca/news/worst-blind-date-ever-starts-with-a-stroll-ends-with-a-carjacking/

I am confused. Are you suggesting DM might be one and the same as the 19 year old in Florida shown in the last link? I dont understand the purpose.

<rsbm>

(hey, somebody wanna straighten that mirror on DP's wall ... really bugging me .. Napolean would NOT have had a crooked mirror on his wall).

rsbm

Hey, SB......

Never mind.........there are so many posts in my head referencing the picture:floorlaugh: However, I shall leave it alone.....

I am confused. Are you suggesting DM might be one and the same as the 19 year old in Florida shown in the last link? I dont understand the purpose.

Let me help unconfuse you by just saying I posted random car jacking cases which I thought were bizarre. BBM Of course not, I did read the articles you know. HTH :floorlaugh:

BUT the one article regarding the Highlander...hmm. Two suspects, broad daylight, Vaughan? Made me think of the first witness (BO) and how it was during the day. You never know.

http://www.680news.com/2013/01/15/man-stabbed-in-vaughan-carjacking/

It's a good thing those two are behind bars then because I'm in that very same parking lot in Vaughan weekly and my favourite deli is just a hop-skip from there. Rest assured I will not be afraid to follow my nose to the luscious smoked meat on Centre Street, since DM and MS won't be around to jack my car.
:giggle:

In all seriousness, one big friggin W-Mart store and not one surveillance camera to give a description of the perpetrators? Now THAT's a mystery right there! Something tells me there was more to that crime.

rsbm

Hey, SB......

Never mind.........there are so many posts in my head referencing the picture:floorlaugh: However, I shall leave it alone.....

C'mon ... you know "crooked" and "frame" are running through your head :D

Let me help unconfuse you by just saying I posted random car jacking cases which I thought were bizarre. BBM Of course not, I did read the articles you know. HTH :floorlaugh:

BUT the one article regarding the Highlander...hmm. Two suspects, broad daylight, Vaughan? Made me think of the first witness (BO) and how it was during the day. You never know.

http://www.680news.com/2013/01/15/man-stabbed-in-vaughan-carjacking/

I cannot tell if you are joking or not when you say that you have been posting things that you have not read yet, because of the laughing meme. I would hope that if one is making a point by posting things, that they have read them enough to know what point they are actually making, so that they can stand behind what now become their words by proxy.

I am also confused by why there are so many links to random crimes, are you suggesting that all these crimes should be attributed to DM as well? What does this have to do with the case in question, please? Thanks in advance.

More information, including descriptions, were released a few days later regarding the Vaughan carjacking. Looks like this one can't be pinned on DM and MS after all.

Suspect #1
&#9726;Male, Hispanic
&#9726;Wearing a Chicago Bulls baseball hat

Suspect #2
&#9726;Male, Asian
&#9726;Wearing glasses

http://markhamnews24.com/york-region-crime-news/552-update-police-seeking-two-suspects-in-vaughan-carjacking-incident

I cannot tell if you are joking or not when you say that you have been posting things that you have not read yet, because of the laughing meme. I would hope that if one is making a point by posting things, that they have read them enough to know what point they are actually making, so that they can stand behind what now become their words by proxy.

I am also confused by why there are so many links to random crimes, are you suggesting that all these crimes should be attributed to DM as well? What does this have to do with the case in question, please? Thanks in advance.

If you open the link, you will find I was not confusing this perp to DM, considering location and appearance. Snoofo was hoping I wasn't confusing this 19 year old perp with DM. That is why I :floorlaugh: and said I DO READ the article and not just post them. I posted these links as I found them bizarre. Go back and reread my post to Snoofo for clarification. HTH. :seeya:
http://www.wheels.ca/news/worst-blind-date-ever-starts-with-a-stroll-ends-with-a-carjacking/

I do not recall this information ever being revealed or discussed here on WS and found it quite shocking and revealing IMHO. The reporter in the video from May 17th, says @ 45 seconds into the video.

Today police were back at Millardair's Waterloo airport hangar. They were also at Millard's Etobicoke home where inside a shot gun, photos of a young Dellen and a stack of credit cards belonging to his late father Wayne laid strewn about.

IMHO who leave a shot gun laying around? Especially if DM was known to have friends over to his house. It obviously does not say whether the gun was loaded but still... :scared::gasp: Wonder how many guns were found in the house? Seems DM may have had some interest in guns? Could this have been the gun WM supposedly used to kill himself six months prior? Wouldn't you think LE would have confiscated the gun used in WM's death? If they did, then there was more than one gun in the house JMO. A whole new can of worms I fear.

Also if you pause the video @ 58 seconds, you can see credit cards belonging to WM and one Visa card shows expiration date of 07/15. To the right there is a container of bb pellets. There also appears to be some sort of a card to the left and a brochure under the plate. Was DM using his father's credit cards and credit? Was WM's estate in limbo and DM had no access to money since his father's death? Maybe due to the ongoing investigation, WM's estate was frozen. The fact WM's death seemed so hush hush, did DM even register his father as deceased? IMO this whole thought sets off so many more troubling thoughts and red flags for me... :gasp::gasp: ALL :moo:

Maybe DM was a sloppy housekeeper and disorganized, but something tells me he was sloppy in committing crimes also. I bet LE found a wealth of information to help them in their investigation, in his house alone. Again :moo:

Click on the video link to the right Expanding the Investigation. HTH.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

I do not recall this information ever being revealed or discussed here on WS and found it quite shocking and revealing IMHO. The reporter in the video from May 17th, says @ 45 seconds into the video.

Today police were back at Millardair's Waterloo airport hangar. They were also at Millard's Etobicoke home where inside a shot gun, photos of a young Dellen and a stack of credit cards belonging to his late father Wayne laid strewn about.

IMHO who leave a shot gun laying around? Especially if DM was known to have friends over to his house. It obviously does not say whether the gun was loaded but still... :scared::gasp: Wonder how many guns were found in the house? Seems DM may have had some interest in guns? Could this have been the gun WM supposedly used to kill himself six months prior? Wouldn't you think LE would have confiscated the gun used in WM's death? If they did, then there was more than one gun in the house JMO. A whole new can of worms I fear.

Also if you pause the video @ 58 seconds, you can see credit cards belonging to WM and one Visa card shows expiration date of 07/15. To the right there is a container of bb pellets. There also appears to be some sort of a card to the left and a brochure under the plate. Was DM using his father's credit cards and credit? Was WM's estate in limbo and DM had no access to money since his father's death? Maybe due to the ongoing investigation, WM's estate was frozen. The fact WM's death seemed so hush hush, did DM even register his father as deceased? IMO this whole thought sets off so many more troubling thoughts and red flags for me... :gasp::gasp: ALL :moo:

Maybe DM was a sloppy housekeeper and disorganized, but something tells me he was sloppy in committing crimes also. I bet LE found a wealth of information to help them in their investigation, in his house alone. Again :moo:

Click on the video link to the right Expanding the Investigation. HTH.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814
Swedie-IMO you've made some extremely valid points here. Amazing how complex this whole case is. With WM's death at the very end of November, IMO, it would be a real feat to have his entire estate probated by May. There would have to be a final tax return filed for WM. I'm in the camp that thinks DM was responsible for WM's death and IMO, DM may have acted on impulse/anger and didn't really take time to think about what would happen financially after WM's death. Capital gains triggered? Contracts that still have to be honored, etc.

The bowl of credit cards with Millardair on them spoke volumes for me-were they being used? As did the fact that the Riverside property was secured by a mortgage in favor of WM. IMO, when WM died, cash flow for DM increased significantly, but DM may have been surprised that investments WM had were subject to Capital Gains. DM may have found himself over his head, especially if he had purchased the Distillery Condo pre-WM's death and found himself faced with raising the capital to close it after WM died.

The same with Millardair-DM may have acted in haste to shut the whole thing down, not realizing that he may not look as good financially after. JMHO.

Swedie-IMO you've made some extremely valid points here. Amazing how complex this whole case is. With WM's death at the very end of November, IMO, it would be a real feat to have his entire estate probated by May. There would have to be a final tax return filed for WM. I'm in the camp that thinks DM was responsible for WM's death and IMO, DM may have acted on impulse/anger and didn't really take time to think about what would happen financially after WM's death. Capital gains triggered? Contracts that still have to be honored, etc.

The bowl of credit cards with Millardair on them spoke volumes for me-were they being used? As did the fact that the Riverside property was secured by a mortgage in favor of WM. IMO, when WM died, cash flow for DM increased significantly, but DM may have been surprised that investments WM had were subject to Capital Gains. DM may have found himself over his head, especially if he had purchased the Distillery Condo pre-WM's death and found himself faced with raising the capital to close it after WM died.

The same with Millardair-DM may have acted in haste to shut the whole thing down, not realizing that he may not look as good financially after. JMHO.

Gosh, I dunno. We're talking about the lifestyles of two adult bachelors here and a house in which a tragedy took place. Do we know that DM has actually been living there since his father's death? Anyway, many guys, my own hubby included, leave credit cards, loose change and various keys lying about on a tray somewhere. I don't find it even remotely peculiar. Perhaps it would be advisable not to place such an item in front of a window, but then, nobody was expecting the press to arrive to take pictures, either. I'd have to look for the link but I recall reading that DM and his father shared CM's inheritance 50/50. That would suggest that DM used his money to buy property and WM used his to try to restart the business. MOO IMHO. Where did we learn that DM's Riverside property was secured by a mortgage from his father? I somehow missed that in the roundabout. It would probably have been better estate planning if WM had just purchased the property outright and gifted it to his son, but I could be wrong on that. Actually, come to think of it, I AM wrong because I understand Riverside to be an income producing property, so interest on the closely held mortgage with his father would have been a deductible expense. Whatever. I'll admit it still makes me feel intensely uneasy to be snooping around the private financial affairs of several generations of this family. MillardAir was/is not a public company. DM is not charged with fraud. Neither WM or CM were charged with financial wrongdoing or any other crime either. In fact, one might say, they too are victims in this whole ugly affair. MOO IMHO :moo:

I will admit I have a small box full of unused credit cards that the banks and credit companies have sent me over the years. WMs could have been in that bowl or in a drawer before LE turned the place upside down. Same with shotgun. Just because it was out in the open AFTER LE visit, doesnt mean it wasnt in a safe or locked closet before!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Gosh, I dunno. We're talking about the lifestyles of two adult bachelors here and a house in which a tragedy took place. Do we know that DM has actually been living there since his father's death? Anyway, many guys, my own hubby included, leave credit cards, loose change and various keys lying about on a tray somewhere. I don't find it even remotely peculiar. Perhaps it would be advisable not to place such an item in front of a window, but then, nobody was expecting the press to arrive to take pictures, either. I'd have to look for the link but I recall reading that DM and his father shared CM's inheritance 50/50. That would suggest that DM used his money to buy property and WM used his to try to restart the business. MOO IMHO. Where did we learn that DM's Riverside property was secured by a mortgage from his father? I somehow missed that in the roundabout. It would probably have been better estate planning if WM had just purchased the property outright and gifted it to his son, but I could be wrong on that. Actually, come to think of it, I AM wrong because I understand Riverside to be an income producing property, so interest on the closely held mortgage with his father would have been a deductible expense. Whatever. I'll admit it still makes me feel intensely uneasy to be snooping around the private financial affairs of several generations of this family. MillardAir was/is not a public company. DM is not charged with fraud. Neither WM or CM were charged with financial wrongdoing or any other crime either. In fact, one might say, they too are victims in this whole ugly affair. MOO IMHO :moo:

RSBM

I would be interested in that link.

TYA

DM's cash flow from WM would cease once WM died. Being there were properties involved and Millardair plus who knows where else WM may have put money and owed money, yes, DM would not have access to estate monies. When was it figured DM had purchased the Distillery condo? I know reports have said he purchased it the day after TB disappeared, but there would have been a date where the purchase originated. May 7th would have been the finalizing/closing date of the condo.

Did he use WM's multiple credit cards (right after WM's death) to get cash advances to gather enough money to pay of the condo? OR could DM have been using his father's credit cards prior to his death and this is what may have caused a rift in which WM ended up dead? I don't think DM would have been concerned about collecting life insurance on his father because he may have believed there would be enough in the estate settlement to have fun with, and carry him through life. Depending on the insurance company itself, WM may not have had the suicide coverage. If it did, he would have had to had the policy in effect two years prior. Maybe WM didn't even have a life insurance policy.

DM's haste to close up shop and get it out of his hands leads me to believe also he was strapped for money, selling Millardair he felt would give him instant money. Why do I assume DM wasn't very knowledgeable in estate settlements, selling/buying properties and legalities? :waitasec::deal::giggle:

What’s involved in settling the estate?
Once the funeral is over, family members and beneficiaries are
often anxious to know about the estate, what happens next, and
when they will receive their inheritance.
On average, the time needed for an executor to settle an estate is
usually about 12 to 18 months. However, highly complex and/or
multi-jurisdictional estates or contested wills can take years.
Some
of the factors that influence how long estate administration will
take include:
• The nature and location of assets
• The type of debts and the claims against the estate
• The financial arrangements and estate planning the deceased
completed during his/her lifetime
• The complexity and the clarity of the will, if one exists
• The level of animosity or distrust that may exist among family
members or others involved in the estate
• The skills, ability and expertise of the executor/administrator

https://www.libro.ca/learn/Library/LetsTalk/ExecutorsGuideSettlingEstate.pdf

RSBM

I would be interested in that link.

TYA

I'm looking, Coldpizza. Much of the family holdings appear to have been tied up in the MillardAir corp entity and so continued after CM's death without division (DM being CEO and WM being Pres). CM's shares in the co would, one presumes, have been subject to probate but he may have divested himself of his share position before his death. There's no way of knowing whether that's the case and the relative share positions of DM and WM would not be public documents.

Deep down in http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/14/tim_bosma_disappearance_suspect_is_completely_in_shock_by_the_charges.html we learn that

" In court documents, Millard is listed as living on Maple Gate Crt. in Etobicoke, which was transferred from grandparents Carl and Della to Dellen and his father in April 2008.

He was also listed on a Derry Rd. W. home in Mississauga alongside his father in April 2008. That property was sold for $795,000 in June 2012, several months before his father’s death.

"Millard purchased a rural Waterloo Region property on Roseville Rd. in 2011 for $835,000."

I'll keep looking for the 50/50 asset dispersal reference because I definitely recall having read it somewhere. Meanwhile, it is quite clear that in this very small family, where each member and each generation were financially looking out for each other, their actual access to cash sources was co-mingled (in just the same way as many husbands and wives have shared bank accounts, shared home ownership and shared investments in their joint names.) This is why, IMO, it makes no sense whatsoever to tease with the idea that DM murdered his father in order to get his stuff. He already had such access. In exactly the same way, it would make no sense for a wife to obliterate her husband with a rolling pin in order to get to the cash or own the family home. She already has these things.

As a matter of fact, (AS' self-serving commentary notwithstanding) that given DM's self professed interest in business management and his fairly substantial real estate portfolio (for his age) and considering the reports of WM's struggles with alcohol, it seems more likely that DM took the lead in the business affairs well before WM's death - something anyone dealing alone with a parent's substance abuse will understand very well. :moo:

Anyway, back with the link as soon as I can find where I stuffed it.

I will admit I have a small box full of unused credit cards that the banks and credit companies have sent me over the years. WMs could have been in that bowl or in a drawer before LE turned the place upside down. Same with shotgun. Just because it was out in the open AFTER LE visit, doesnt mean it wasnt in a safe or locked closet before!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Wow! I cut mine up as advised by credit card companies. Why would I want to keep them? I cannot stand keeping unnecessary/useless things such as that hanging around to clutter up or take up space in my drawers. But that's just me.

:gasp: Wouldn't you think if LE found a gun or guns in DM's house, they would have taken them as possible evidence? I would sure hope so. :facepalm: It is funny how television can have an influence on ones perception. I have seen on many movies where LE turn peoples' homes upside down while investigating a case, but in the real world, they don't deliberately go in and trash peoples' homes. A great indication of this is, Michael R's nor TLM's home were trashed during LE search, you will see numerous evidence photos LE took while doing their search in link provided. LE must follow a protocol while investigating. In the Russell W's case, his wife was upset LE scratched her great room floor, more than likely by accident during their search, moving boxes out of the house as an example. She insisted that her floor be replaced and it was. Had LE trashed her house, I'm certain we would have heard of that also. HTH.

IMHO DM was just probably a slob who turned his deceased grandfather and father's home into a dumping ground. I know...everyone knows someone who has had LE search a house, tear it apart and trash it. ;) Well seems LE didn't do too much damage as it wasn't long before the house was on the market for sale and sold rather quickly too I might add. :D

His residence at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, a Toronto suburb, used to belong to his grandparents.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html

TLM's house, evidence pictures.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html

MR's house evidence pictures.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599891.html

I'm looking, Coldpizza. Much of the family holdings appear to have been tied up in the MillardAir corp entity and so continued after CM's death without division (DM being CEO and WM being Pres). CM's shares in the co would, one presumes, have been subject to probate but he may have divested himself of his share position before his death. There's no way of knowing whether that's the case and the relative share positions of DM and WM would not be public documents.

Deep down in http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/14/tim_bosma_disappearance_suspect_is_completely_in_shock_by_the_charges.html we learn that

" In court documents, Millard is listed as living on Maple Gate Crt. in Etobicoke, which was transferred from grandparents Carl and Della to Dellen and his father in April 2008.

He was also listed on a Derry Rd. W. home in Mississauga alongside his father in April 2008. That property was sold for $795,000 in June 2012, several months before his father&#8217;s death.

"Millard purchased a rural Waterloo Region property on Roseville Rd. in 2011 for $835,000."

I'll keep looking for the 50/50 asset dispersal reference because I definitely recall having read it somewhere. Meanwhile, it is quite clear that in this very small family, where each member and each generation were financially looking out for each other, their actual access to cash sources was co-mingled (in just the same way as many husbands and wives have shared bank accounts, shared home ownership and shared investments in their joint names.) This is why, IMO, it makes no sense whatsoever to tease with the idea that DM murdered his father in order to get his stuff. He already had such access. In exactly the same way, it would make no sense for a wife to obliterate her husband with a rolling pin in order to get to the cash or own the family home. She already has these things.

As a matter of fact, (AS' self-serving commentary notwithstanding) that given DM's self professed interest in business management and his fairly substantial real estate portfolio (for his age) and considering the reports of WM's struggles with alcohol, it seems more likely that DM took the lead in the business affairs well before WM's death - something anyone dealing alone with a parent's substance abuse will understand very well. :moo:

Anyway, back with the link as soon as I can find where I stuffed it.

Does this help you Carli? This was posted in the properties thread by MsSherlock, post 262. And there is no denying this original land title. HTH.

C&P from MsSherlock's post.
I'm also posting the Land Titles Parcel Register for Riverside. This is public information. "charge" refers to a lien/mortgage registered on title. To explain: On August 14, 2007, WM took sole title to the property as a result of CM's death. On November 15, 2007, title was transferred to DM for 1,085,900 and at the same time, WM took back a mortgage of 1,060,900.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: RiversideLandTitles.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 115.9 KB
ID: 36214

Although it is vague in this article about searching peoples' residences, there is a protocol LE MUST follow. IF that protocol is not followed there could be huge problems. Maybe Archangel can explain this situation. TIA AA.

If these officials do not follow the proper legal steps and conduct a search, that search can be classified as unreasonable; if things are taken during the search, the seizure can also be classified as unreasonable.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-unreasonable-search-and-seizure.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member