Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is vague in this article about searching peoples' residences, there is a protocol LE MUST follow. IF that protocol is not followed there could be huge problems. Maybe Archangel can explain this situation. TIA AA.

If these officials do not follow the proper legal steps and conduct a search, that search can be classified as unreasonable; if things are taken during the search, the seizure can also be classified as unreasonable.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-unreasonable-search-and-seizure.htm

I'm sure there is, swedie, but in this instance, who exactly would be determining if things were taken or if searches might be considered unreasonable. Only one person was familiar with the contents of the home and that individual was and is incarcerated. Given the background of this family there is every reason to believe that this home contained photographs, correspondence and mementos important not only to the family but to Canada's aviation historians. The MSM description of a place strewn with papers and clothes with a black cat wandering through the mess sounds absolutely dreadful (and how is it they were inside the house?) The home of both a murderer and a slob! Incidentally, rooting back through that remarkable history searching for that 50/50 reference, I happened on this history, if anybody happens to be interested. Intriguing to note that WM was reportedly flying at the age of 10. MillardAir information starts at page 146.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/9634_MaltonBook_PartThree.pdf

Does this help you Carli? This was posted in the properties thread by MsSherlock, post 262. And there is no denying this original land title. HTH.

C&P from MsSherlock's post.
I'm also posting the Land Titles Parcel Register for Riverside. This is public information. "charge" refers to a lien/mortgage registered on title. To explain: On August 14, 2007, WM took sole title to the property as a result of CM's death. On November 15, 2007, title was transferred to DM for 1,085,900 and at the same time, WM took back a mortgage of 1,060,900.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:RiversideLandTitles.jpg
Views:12
Size:115.9 KB
ID:36214

The only thing this tells me is that DM may have given his father $25,000. The vtb mortgage was probably never meant to be repaid.

And yes I keep those cards, not that I plan to but they're there. Between spouse and I we never know if one agreed to a card and don't want to throw the wrong thing away. I think I will cut them up tomorrow if I remember.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

What’s involved in settling the estate?
Once the funeral is over, family members and beneficiaries are
often anxious to know about the estate, what happens next, and
when they will receive their inheritance.
On average, the time needed for an executor to settle an estate is
usually about 12 to 18 months. However, highly complex and/or
multi-jurisdictional estates or contested wills can take years.
Some
of the factors that influence how long estate administration will
take include:
• The nature and location of assets
• The type of debts and the claims against the estate
• The financial arrangements and estate planning the deceased
completed during his/her lifetime
• The complexity and the clarity of the will, if one exists
• The level of animosity or distrust that may exist among family
members or others involved in the estate
• The skills, ability and expertise of the executor/administrator

https://www.libro.ca/learn/Library/LetsTalk/ExecutorsGuideSettlingEstate.pdf

Hate to be a contrarian again, but I am familiar with a situation where an only son was the son of a deceased parent who was, himself, the only son of a deceased grandparent and a large estate, including a corporation in which all were or had been family shareholders and principals was settled in just under 2 months. This was primarily because, as in the case of the Millard family, so far as I can see, most estate planning and transfers in various forms had taken place before the persons died and/or the primary assets were in the name of the company and, as such, were not subject to estate settlement. The point is, in very small families, where wills are in place and financial affairs are in order there is nothing to stand in the way of prompt settlement. IMO, it's irrelevant anyway. I've lost track of why it is that we're trying to prove DM is penniless. Is it the idea that the only way he could possibly lay his hands on money was to murder his father by shooting him in the eye? Again, anyone who has been the sole in-home support person for an alcoholic parent knows it's not necessary to take any direct action to hasten their demise. The everyday challenge is to figure out how to keep them alive. MOO.

The only thing this tells me is that DM may have given his father $25,000. The vtb mortgage was probably never meant to be repaid.

And yes I keep those cards, not that I plan to but they're there. Between spouse and I we never know if one agreed to a card and don't want to throw the wrong thing away. I think I will cut them up tomorrow if I remember.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Snoofo, JMHO, but the way I read a transaction like this is entirely for estate planning purposes. Investment real estate is subject to capital gains, so how do you get the benefit of the income without having title to the property and triggering capital gains? IMO, you sell your interest to your beneficiary and register a mortgage on title for the full amount. That way, the beneficiary cannot access the equity in the property, because while you're alive, there isn't any equity. If the person even tried to put a line of credit or anything against the property, it would have to take second position to the first mortgage. If they sold it, they'd have to pay the mortgage off. If you die, the mortgage becomes part of your estate and is dealt with in probate. IMO, for some reason, WM felt it was necessary to put this mortgage on and it could speak volumes as to the relationship between DM & WM. MOO

I do not recall this information ever being revealed or discussed here on WS and found it quite shocking and revealing IMHO. The reporter in the video from May 17th, says @ 45 seconds into the video.

Today police were back at Millardair's Waterloo airport hangar. They were also at Millard's Etobicoke home where inside a shot gun, photos of a young Dellen and a stack of credit cards belonging to his late father Wayne laid strewn about.

IMHO who leave a shot gun laying around? Especially if DM was known to have friends over to his house. It obviously does not say whether the gun was loaded but still... :scared::gasp: Wonder how many guns were found in the house? Seems DM may have had some interest in guns? Could this have been the gun WM supposedly used to kill himself six months prior? Wouldn't you think LE would have confiscated the gun used in WM's death? If they did, then there was more than one gun in the house JMO. A whole new can of worms I fear.

Also if you pause the video @ 58 seconds, you can see credit cards belonging to WM and one Visa card shows expiration date of 07/15. To the right there is a container of bb pellets. There also appears to be some sort of a card to the left and a brochure under the plate. Was DM using his father's credit cards and credit? Was WM's estate in limbo and DM had no access to money since his father's death? Maybe due to the ongoing investigation, WM's estate was frozen. The fact WM's death seemed so hush hush, did DM even register his father as deceased? IMO this whole thought sets off so many more troubling thoughts and red flags for me... :gasp::gasp: ALL :moo:

Maybe DM was a sloppy housekeeper and disorganized, but something tells me he was sloppy in committing crimes also. I bet LE found a wealth of information to help them in their investigation, in his house alone. Again :moo:

Click on the video link to the right Expanding the Investigation. HTH.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

My thought is that, if the gun was not safely stored and locked away, LE would have confiscated it when they searched the house. Since there are BB pellets on the table, I wouldn't be surprised if the "shotgun" seen was actually a mere pellet gun.

I also noticed that there were file folders under the dish of credit cards and what looked to be a box behind the dish. Perhaps he was still in the process of sorting through all of his father's personal papers to see what could be tossed and what might still require some action (eg. cancellation of the cards).

JMO

Hate to be a contrarian again, but I am familiar with a situation where an only son was the son of a deceased parent who was, himself, the only son of a deceased grandparent and a large estate, including a corporation in which all were or had been family shareholders and principals was settled in just under 2 months. This was primarily because, as in the case of the Millard family, so far as I can see, most estate planning and transfers in various forms had taken place before the persons died and/or the primary assets were in the name of the company and, as such, were not subject to estate settlement. The point is, in very small families, where wills are in place and financial affairs are in order there is nothing to stand in the way of prompt settlement. IMO, it's irrelevant anyway. I've lost track of why it is that we're trying to prove DM is penniless. Is it the idea that the only way he could possibly lay his hands on money was to murder his father by shooting him in the eye? Again, anyone who has been the sole in-home support person for an alcoholic parent knows it's not necessary to take any direct action to hasten their demise. The everyday challenge is to figure out how to keep them alive. MOO.
Carli, I've bolded the part about the alcoholic parent because I'm not sure we know for a fact that WM was still suffering from alcohol abuse and we're not even sure how long DM had lived with WM at the time of WM's death. Seeing that the Derry Rd property closed June 15/12, there is a possibility that DM lived there and had just recently moved in with WM. MOO

Sent using Tapatalk 2

LOL re cards, Snoofo. I should probably tell my husband to cut up those old CC and store loyalty and membership cards too. Is it possible to go anywhere these days without having yet another one foisted on you? But then, I guess hubby too is something of a slob when it comes to that sort of thing. Despite that I don't think he's harbouring murderous intentions, at least none that are immediately evident. On the plus side, while it's arguably slobbish to leave various cards lying about, the result is that his wallet is very tidy and does not have the broken seams that might be expected if he carried all that junk around with him every day. IMO :rockon:

LOL re cards, Snoofo. I should probably tell my husband to cut up those old CC and store loyalty and membership cards too. Is it possible to go anywhere these days without having yet another one foisted on you? But then, I guess hubby too is something of a slob when it comes to that sort of thing. Despite that I don't think he's harbouring murderous intentions, at least none that are immediately evident. On the plus side, while it's arguably slobbish to leave various cards lying about, the result is that his wallet is very tidy and does not have the broken seams that might be expected if he carried all that junk around with him every day. IMO :rockon:

Well I'd better get rid of mine - and not just for security purposes. It has now occurred to me if someone was to come over and see them, they may think I'm a criminal.
:what:

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Well I'd better get rid of mine - and not just for security purposes. It has now occurred to me if someone was to come over and see them, they may think I'm a criminal.
:what:

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Well, damn the torpedoes. I insist he keep his stash of Canadian Tire money and his Cobs Bread free loaf punch ticket and his Costco membership and his Indigo 20% discount card, I don't what care WHAT they say! :scared:

Well, damn the torpedoes. I insist he keep his stash of Canadian Tire money and his Cobs Bread free loaf punch ticket and his Costco membership and his Indigo 20% discount card, I don't what care WHAT they say! :scared:

A couple of weeks ago I went to order something from Amazon. If I wanted to qualify for a $15 discount on my total order, I could apply for an Amazon card. Soooo yay, with my good credit history, I went through the whole online application hoopla (where it seemed they already had my history from like 20 years ago) to receive a message to the effect "sorry, we are unable to complete ... please call 1-800-blahblah to speak with a blahblah". Being somewhat intolerant/impatient and not wishing to speak with blahblah the human being, I mentally said "oh screw it" and ditched the whole online process. A few days later an Amazon card arrived in the mail. :floorlaugh:

Um ... yes, I did activate it ;)

I do not recall this information ever being revealed or discussed here on WS and found it quite shocking and revealing IMHO. The reporter in the video from May 17th, says @ 45 seconds into the video.

Today police were back at Millardair's Waterloo airport hangar. They were also at Millard's Etobicoke home where inside a shot gun, photos of a young Dellen and a stack of credit cards belonging to his late father Wayne laid strewn about.

IMHO who leave a shot gun laying around? Especially if DM was known to have friends over to his house. It obviously does not say whether the gun was loaded but still... :scared::gasp: Wonder how many guns were found in the house? Seems DM may have had some interest in guns? Could this have been the gun WM supposedly used to kill himself six months prior? Wouldn't you think LE would have confiscated the gun used in WM's death? If they did, then there was more than one gun in the house JMO. A whole new can of worms I fear.

Also if you pause the video @ 58 seconds, you can see credit cards belonging to WM and one Visa card shows expiration date of 07/15. To the right there is a container of bb pellets. There also appears to be some sort of a card to the left and a brochure under the plate. Was DM using his father's credit cards and credit? Was WM's estate in limbo and DM had no access to money since his father's death? Maybe due to the ongoing investigation, WM's estate was frozen. The fact WM's death seemed so hush hush, did DM even register his father as deceased? IMO this whole thought sets off so many more troubling thoughts and red flags for me... :gasp::gasp: ALL :moo:

Maybe DM was a sloppy housekeeper and disorganized, but something tells me he was sloppy in committing crimes also. I bet LE found a wealth of information to help them in their investigation, in his house alone. Again :moo:

Click on the video link to the right Expanding the Investigation. HTH.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

First of all, I am not sure how news cameras got access to view the inside of a private citizen's home, but that seems completely disrespectful of their rights and likely illegal trespassing. Surely the police search would have been completed before the news would be permitted to even get that close to the home, so we have to assume that what appears to be a shotgun is likely a harmless BB gun or even a toy replica.

I would not jump to the conclusion that a pile of credit cards have a nefarious purpose. My father died over 20 years ago, and I still have a hard time throwing out or destroying anything with his name on it, but it was impossible to do while the pain was still fresh.

So do these vehicles belong to S or to Millardair?

My thought is that, if the gun was not safely stored and locked away, LE would have confiscated it when they searched the house. Since there are BB pellets on the table, I wouldn't be surprised if the "shotgun" seen was actually a mere pellet gun.

I also noticed that there were file folders under the dish of credit cards and what looked to be a box behind the dish. Perhaps he was still in the process of sorting through all of his father's personal papers to see what could be tossed and what might still require some action (eg. cancellation of the cards).

JMO

Actually, a closer look at the photograph of these cards - 7 in all - shows that the green TD Visa bank card is in WM's name but the various other TD cards, Sunoco cards and (possibly) the AirMiles card are all in the MillardAir corp name. (Of course, as CEO of the company, DM would have be able to use these cards at any time.) A clip with a note is attached to one of the cards, the size of the clip suggesting that all these cards were clipped together at some point. Possibly the note was from an accountant or a cover note describing what was contained under the clip or requesting bookkeeping updates on the status of the cards. Also on the tray is a booklet or brochure of some kind and possibly a business card. Looking around the table, among the items I can identify, we see a charcoal sketch or drawing of some kind; a soft drink bottle; a greeting card; an in-out tray; file folders; a cardboard container; an opened envelope addressed to MillardAir and its return envelope; an A-Flex external hard drive; various papers and miscellaneous other items. The table surface is blonde "birch" exactly like the Ikea Expedit desk I'm sitting at right now. In fact, this obviously is a photograph of a corner of a desk where a number of half completed tasks are either abandoned or in progress. MOO. IMO. I'm afraid the back corner of my own desk is much messier than this.
:gasp:

JMO

What could be assumed as BBs, could be ammunition for the shot gun. These pellet are contained within shotgun shells itself. Shotguns are used by LE and military, might I add hunters and criminals also. Many people make their own ammunition. I have seen nothing in MSM to suggest DM was interested in hunting. Other then that one very brief video a friend took of him at the hangar outside acting goofy, with a gun (paintball or airsoft?). Also it is not hard to determine a toy gun as apposed to a real gun, as another poster suggested. Toy guns come with a bright orange tip/ring on the end of them. HTH.

Five months after his father's death, there are numerous credit cards sitting out in the open. Being as his father is deceased, why not destroy them upon finding them. Typically when sorting through stuff, one destroys or garbages unnecessary items as they go through them...no?!. He obviously trusted friends and/or people entering his house and never considered the possibility of a break in at his home, where someone could steal them and use them. Unless he cancelled them. If DM used them and maxed them all out with cash advances, maybe he did gather enough money to pay off the condo? Yes I see more than one box. Just guessing DM packing up his father's belongings? Maybe his belongings for a move to the condo? Did MB start packing so she could put the house up for sale? Did LE uncover the credit cards? Many not be a big deal, just happened to noticed. According to MSM this was his residing address prior to his arrest. I am lumping other posters thoughts/suggestion and my responses into one post, HTH.

I see nothing wrong with reporters going into someone's home when they are invited to do so. Obviously someone outside of LE allowed/invited them in, after the investigation was complete. Once again, LE have strict protocols to follow and this would be one rule; NO ONE be allowed onto premises while an investigation is under way. This is one way of risking tainting of evidence. Obviously someone known to DM had access to his home, allowing the media in. Someone had to have, otherwise it could lead to a lawsuit against the reporting company, as it is considered break and enter. MB, DP, friend, tenant? HTH and MOO.

Some shotgun info.
http://www.firearmsid.com/A_distshotpatt.htm

What could be assumed as BBs, could be ammunition for the shot gun. These pellet are contained within shotgun shells itself. Shotguns are used by LE and military, might I add hunters and criminals also. Many people make their own ammunition. I have seen nothing in MSM to suggest DM was interested in hunting. Other then that one very brief video a friend took of him at the hangar outside acting goofy, with a gun (paintball or airsoft?). Also it is not hard to determine a toy gun as apposed to a real gun, as another poster suggested. Toy guns come with a bright orange tip/ring on the end of them. HTH.

Five months after his father's death, there are numerous credit cards sitting out in the open. Being as his father is deceased, why not destroy them upon finding them. Typically when sorting through stuff, one destroys or garbages unnecessary items as they go through them...no?!. He obviously trusted friends and/or people entering his house and never considered the possibility of a break in at his home, where someone could steal them and use them. Unless he cancelled them. If DM used them and maxed them all out with cash advances, maybe he did gather enough money to pay off the condo? Yes I see more than one box. Just guessing DM packing up his father's belongings? Maybe his belongings for a move to the condo? Did MB start packing so she could put the house up for sale? Did LE uncover the credit cards? Many not be a big deal, just happened to noticed. According to MSM this was his residing address prior to his arrest. I am lumping other posters thoughts/suggestion and my responses into one post, HTH.

I see nothing wrong with reporters going into someone's home when they are invited to do so. Obviously someone outside of LE allowed/invited them in, after the investigation was complete. Once again, LE have strict protocols to follow and this would be one rule; NO ONE be allowed onto premises while an investigation is under way. This is one way of risking tainting of evidence. Obviously someone known to DM had access to his home, allowing the media in. Someone had to have, otherwise it could lead to a lawsuit against the reporting company, as it is considered break and enter. MB, DP, friend, tenant? HTH and MOO.

Some shotgun info.
http://www.firearmsid.com/A_distshotpatt.htm

I remember seeing this on the news the day it was reported and IMO I believe these photos were taken threw the windows from the outside in, also if the reporter was in the house I believe we would have been seeing more of the inside of the house. Again just :moo:

Carli, I've bolded the part about the alcoholic parent because I'm not sure we know for a fact that WM was still suffering from alcohol abuse and we're not even sure how long DM had lived with WM at the time of WM's death. Seeing that the Derry Rd property closed June 15/12, there is a possibility that DM lived there and had just recently moved in with WM. MOO

True on both counts, MsSherlock. My assumptions probably arose from the comments by Elizabeth Glass' brother at http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
"according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009."

and the reference by the sales guru AS later in the same article...

"While Mr. Sharif said he knew nothing about his client’s romantic life, he acknowledged he was feeling business pressures and “had heard rumblings that … Wayne was drinking again.”

There are other references around and about the web, but not MSM items.

With respect to how long DM may have been living with his father, I probably created that notion out of whole cloth, presuming he may have moved back to the family home upon EG's death in 2009, if in fact, he'd ever resided anywhere else, keeping in mind that when his Mom sold it, the place was referred to as DM's childhood home. However I don't think I know of anyplace where his residence information since childhood is specifically cited. Derry Rd was his grandfather's address, wasn't it, so I'm not sure why that would affect living arrangements - or am I mistaken? It appears that WM and DM may have inherited it, perhaps, since they were both on title?

True on both counts, MsSherlock. My assumptions probably arose from the comments by Elizabeth Glass' brother at http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
"according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009."

and the reference by the sales guru AS later in the same article...

"While Mr. Sharif said he knew nothing about his client’s romantic life, he acknowledged he was feeling business pressures and “had heard rumblings that … Wayne was drinking again.”

There are other references around and about the web, but not MSM items.

With respect to how long DM may have been living with his father, I probably created that notion out of whole cloth, presuming he may have moved back to the family home upon EG's death in 2009, if in fact, he'd ever resided anywhere else, keeping in mind that when his Mom sold it, the place was referred to as DM's childhood home. However I don't think I know of anyplace where his residence information since childhood is specifically cited. Derry Rd was his grandfather's address, wasn't it, so I'm not sure why that would affect living arrangements - or am I mistaken? It appears that WM and DM may have inherited it, perhaps, since they were both on title?

As with most of the info on this case it's a matter of assumption/presumption imo. I am trying to figure out why it is relevant to know where DM was living, I think he would have been able/welcome to stay at any of the locations associated with him, his father or grandfather...jmo

I think it is safe to say that based on the media 'quotes' from SG, AS and MB that there is sufficient reason to assume that WM was a drinker. JMO so I agree with you.... your observation is based on the information we have and not some wild, out there, conjured up nonsense so I think there is likely truth to it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro