Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget, those piles of evidence include everything they've collected, not just what applies to the case. They haven't even finished going through it or testing the biological samples yet. Whatever turns out to be "nothing" is still included in those piles of evidence.

JMO

I'm having deja vu reading your post. IIRC people assumed LE probably wouldn't find much evidence on MR including his computer. Hopefully LE got warrants in this case for everything they are searching. I feel positive LE learnt something from that case. Not that I believe any mistakes were made, just past experiences solidifies the need to be thorough in these cases. And most importantly that the evidence will stick come trial time as not to allow the defense or judge any wiggle room from withholding any evidence. IMHO Judge Heeney must have felt there was sufficient evidence without the evidence of MR's laptop and hard drive. His decision was also based on the fact he did not want to take a risk of seeing the instigator walk free or the potential of another trial based on violations against the mastermind rights. JMHO.

Being as the perps seemed to be pretty sloppy in TB's case, I feel there will be an abundance of evidence in this case to present at trial, if it goes to trial. MOO.

Thanks AD. Mr. B doesn't specify, so I wonder what well-known Ontario case he was referring to.

Just a little coinkydink I noticed ... Mr. B is in the same building as RR, the Admin contact for Millard Air dot com. Small world I guess.

Sorry for quoting self, but more strange coinkydinks

Rummaging on the addy for RR, it seems his same suite number at 5000 Eglinton is used for numerous companies, one of which is an immigration company (D***ti Immigration owned/run by SD) with a direct affiliation with IK that we discussed in Mariam's case. SD is also a mortgage lender.

I don't think I can link, but if you google the Yonge St addy and Suite number, it's not too hard to find.

Interesting for quite another reason, imo. Note that the initial registration for millardair.ca is dated today, Aug 2, 2013, that lists RR as the contact. The previous registration, for millardair.com as per the ARIN database 2012-06-05 and current up until recently seems now defunct although I stll have a screen capture (and I think it was mentioned earlier on these threads somewhere). It gave then Millarair employee SS as the domain contact and the email address for DM. I've not seen RR anywhere among the Millardair employees.

I definitely saw RR's name as the admin contact many weeks ago, as I've had the name in my head since I first saw it (unless I've got it bookmarked somewhere, i'd have to say within the first couple of weeks after DM was arrested). I had also previously cross-referenced his phone number to an admin assistant, SM who worked for a roofing company at RR's Eglinton addy.

ETA: This is at least one site that I had seen the info on (domain created and updated Feb 21 2013):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ahman"+"millard+air"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Thank you BQ, I am aware of that, but I was not referring to DM. You had said to the effect that you wouldn't enter a plea until full disclosure. So, I am curious how anyone who might initially choose to plead Not Guilty would change to a Guilty plea after full disclosure was received.

I can see how someone initially planning to plead Guilty would change their mind to plead NG if full disclosure indicated a lack of substantial evidence, but am curious why an innocent person who initially planned to plead Not Guilty would ever somehow feel the need to plead Guilty under any circumstances.

Hope that makes sense.

It is the way its done sillybilly.... I think you have read too much into my post. I simply said that I would not plead anything until I knew what I was actually there for. I thought it was simple...but obviously not simple enough.

How on earth can someone plead when they have not been informed to the full extent of what they are being charged for? Regardless of whether or not DM knows he did not kill TB..he would still want to know what is happening and what they are claiming he did. You can only truthfully respond when you know FULLY what is being alleged. He had already said through his lawyer he planned to plead not guilty but as the lawyer said...we are waiting to see all the evidence (which is the norm)

I myself simply said that I would not put forth a plea until I had full disclosure...regardless of whether my plea were the same as I had claimed it would be at the start.

I hope that clarifies it better...I didnt realize it was so hard to understand... my apologies for not simplifying it further at the start....

Thanks AD. Mr. B doesn't specify, so I wonder what well-known Ontario case he was referring to.

Just a little coinkydink I noticed ... Mr. B is in the same building as RR, the Admin contact for Millard Air dot com. Small world I guess.

Thats why you wait for the arraignment before making a plea...you NEED all the evidence or alleged evidence.... Crown will offer a plea deal if they think they will not likely win the case or have a hard time of it. Pretty much explains why you cannot plea until all the ducks are in order.... simple as that ! MOO

Just wanted to add a link in regards to the burner phone. I don't recall reading that LE had traced it directly back to DM, but found a quote from Sgt. Kavanagh:

That same afternoon, Mr. Millard also had arrangements to meet a Toronto man to test drive another Dodge Ram diesel truck advertised on Kijiji and Auto Trader, Staff Sgt. Kavanagh confirmed, but that man missed the meeting because he took a nap and overslept.

“Fate is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?” he said, adding that police found that Toronto man through calls on a disposable cellphone traced to Mr. Millard.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...bosma-killing/article12370401/?service=mobile

Thats why you wait for the arraignment before making a plea...you NEED all the evidence or alleged evidence.... Crown will offer a plea deal if they think they will not likely win the case or have a hard time of it. Pretty much explains why you cannot plea until all the ducks are in order.... simple as that ! MOO

Yes, I've worked in law and I understand the process. It was only your prior post wrt to you that I had questioned .... simple as that ;)

Interesting for quite another reason, imo. Note that the initial registration for millardair dot ca is dated Feb 21, 2013 that lists RR as the contact. The previous registration, for millardair dot com as per the ARIN database 2012-06-05 and current up until recently seems now defunct although I stll have a screen capture (and I think it was mentioned earlier on these threads somewhere). It gave then Millardair employee SS as the domain contact and the email address for DM. I've not seen RR anywhere among the Millardair employees. The actual website for the February registered millardair dot ca still lists DM as the contact and RK as VP Ops, so I suggest the RR name inclusion and addy must refer to an intermediate domain handler. IMO

I definitely saw RR's name as the admin contact many weeks ago, as I've had the name in my head since I first saw it (unless I've got it bookmarked somewhere, i'd have to say within the first couple of weeks after DM was arrested). I had also previously cross-referenced his phone number to an admin assistant, SM who worked for a roofing company at RR's Eglinton addy.

ETA: This is at least one site that I had seen the info on (domain created and updated Feb 21 2013):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ahman"+"millard+air"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I did a little more searching regarding RR and it looks like he does work for a web services company and is the admin contact for a couple of other websites as well. So he probably designed the website for them and is the web admin contact only.

Now for the address. There are a number of companies with that same address and same suite number. It appears that it is a virtual office, where the "companies" don't actually have office space so they use a virtual office for an answering service, remote receptionist, etc. It gives them a high profile business address at a much lower cost than actually buying or renting a real office.

I do remember seeing SS as the contact on the previous website as well. That's one person I wish the reporters had asked about.

JMO

Hi all, I've had to remove some posts that referenced RK. At this point in time RK is off limits.

:tyou:

Hi all, I've had to remove some posts that referenced RK. At this point in time RK is off limits.

:tyou:

Thank you for that... I just wonder if you can confirm.... Is it just RK that is off limits . ? Just wanted to know if RK is off limits but RR is ok .. (Is this correct ?)

Thank you for that... I just wonder if you can confirm.... Is it just RK that is off limits . ? Just wanted to know if RK is off limits but RR is ok .. (Is this correct ?)

Thank you for asking. I do have that question posed to Admin, so for the time being lets keep RR out of the discussion as well. Once I hear back I will let you guys know.

Thank you for asking. I do have that question posed to Admin, so for the time being lets keep RR out of the discussion as well. Once I hear back I will let you guys know.
Ok thank you...didn't realize the off limits list came from admin...TIA

This was stated very early on, May 13th. There could be more evidence which has been discovered, showing DM's was more involved in TB's murder. IMHO the fact there was a burner cell phone with a fictitious name, but belonging to DM, and used to contact other seller of Dodge trucks, MS and DM walking instead of driving, to first witnesses business and TB's house, (yes I whole heartedly believe they were the two, as I believe SB and BO were able to positively able to ID both), stolen vehicles at the hangar, just a few things which lead me to believe the perps were up to something nefarious from the get go. And of course, if DM helped to get rid of evidence makes him guilty of first degree murder. To add to that, the fact he did not report TB's murder to LE...guilty. MOO

Mr. Millard will be charged with first-degree murder because the Criminal Code considers someone being held against their will at the time of a killing to be an aggravating factor.

Investigators believe the same suspects had taken a similar test drive with a Toronto man selling a similar truck before Mr. Bosma’s disappearance. In that incident, however, there was not a second vehicle waiting at the bottom of the driveway, police said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...olice-anxious-as-hunt-for-suspects-continues/

This was stated very early on, May 13th. There could be more evidence which has been discovered, showing DM's was more involved in TB's murder. IMHO the fact there was a burner cell phone with a fictitious name, but belonging to DM, and used to contact other seller of Dodge trucks, MS and DM walking instead of driving, to first witnesses business and TB's house, (yes I whole heartedly believe they were the two, as I believe SB and BO were able to positively able to ID both), stolen vehicles at the hangar, just a few things which lead me to believe the perps were up to something nefarious from the get go. And of course, if DM helped to get rid of evidence makes him guilty of first degree murder. To add to that, the fact he did not report TB's murder to LE...guilty. MOO

Mr. Millard will be charged with first-degree murder because the Criminal Code considers someone being held against their will at the time of a killing to be an aggravating factor.

Investigators believe the same suspects had taken a similar test drive with a Toronto man selling a similar truck before Mr. Bosma’s disappearance. In that incident, however, there was not a second vehicle waiting at the bottom of the driveway, police said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...olice-anxious-as-hunt-for-suspects-continues/

Please can you post the link where it says that the burner phone was DM's. I was of the opinion that the phone traced DM not that it was his. Maybe i missed something TIA

Thank you also for posting again your opinion on different aspects. I know it gets posted over and over but its always handy to keep it in the fore to know how people are thinking.

So far as I can tell though... much of this is still unfounded and we still have very little factual information to go on. As someone said earlier it is a mysterious case that leaves many people with many questions... I am one of them, as I feel there is something very strange about this case. The fact that we are repeatedly bombarded with suggestion still doesn't help for me..... I am one of those people that really needs facts and without them I am left with many questions and much suspicion about the whole case.

I guess it will be better if/when we know more. Lets hope so anyway. JMO

Just to clarify, MOO as to the possibility DM could be a psychopath, sociopath, have narcissistic personality disorder or a combination of these mental illnesses, is because of what I read in this article, in which a former head of the OPP's criminal profiling unit wrote in regards to this case. This profiler suggests what type of person could be capable of committing such a horrific crime. DM is not the only one I suggested but also MS or any other person who commits such brutal and disturbing crimes.

When you connect the characteristics suggested in the profilers article, and are well versed in mental health disorders, it leads to my above suggested the accused very well could have my suggested disorders/illnesses. HTH and JMHO.

Bosma's killer is abusive, exploitative and a risk-taker: profiler
The question is whether Millard had it in him to steal the truck Tim Bosma had put up for sale, and also kill him in cold blood.
James Van Allen, former head of the OPP's criminal profiling unit, believes whoever is responsible had murder in mind from the get-go.

"This could have been a standard carjacking: overpower him, leave him," said Van Allen, who heads the Behavioural Sciences Group in Langley, B.C.

"But we see a determination here to not be detected, to delay discovery or identification of the body. When Mr. Bosma went for the test drive, he was a marked man."

What doesn't add up, he said, is why anyone would murder for a truck. And "is the crime incongruent with the person charged?" DM is a member of a pioneering aviation family in Canada, and a man of apparent wealth who attended a private school in Toronto. He would seem to have had the resources to buy a truck like the one Bosma was selling.

But the profiler also pointed out that simply because someone has an education and money — Millard lived on a street in Etobicoke where his neighbour's house was recently listed for just under $1.6 million — it doesn't mean they aren't capable of heinous acts.

"It's not uncommon for allegedly smart people to be caught by police for crimes like this. They think they are smart enough to commit a crime but don't have the skills to avoid detection. There is often overconfidence there. And there can be risk gratification involved as well."

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler/

Articles on traits of psychopaths and sociopaths. HTH.
http://learus.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/the-difference-between-a-sociopath-and-a-psychopath/

http://docbonn.wordpress.com/2013/0...h-which-is-a-serial-killer-more-likely-to-be/

http://voices.yahoo.com/sociopath-vs-psychopath-there-difference-1906224.html?cat=72

Hare estimates that about 50 - 75% of the prison population meet criteria for antisocial personality disorder but only 15-25% exceed the cut-off point for psychopathy. Hare also estimates that psychopaths make up about 1% of the general population. Thus psychopathy appears to be a more severe disorder than antisocial personality disorder but fortunately a less common one.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...wers/201103/what-do-we-know-about-psychopathy

Psychopaths often make successful businessmen or world leaders. Not all psychopaths are motivated to kill. But when it is easy to devalue others, and you have had a lifetime of perceived injustices and rejection, murder might seem like a natural choice.

The following are environmental factors, psychiatrists say, which create a sociopath:
Studies show that 60% of psychopathic individuals had lost a parent;
Child is deprived of love or nurturing; parents are detached or absent;
Inconsistent discipline: if father is stern and mother is soft, child learns to hate authority and manipulate mother;
Hypocritical parents who privately belittle the child while publicly presenting the image of a "happy family".

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/psych_6.html

Please can you post the link where it says that the burner phone was DM's. I was of the opinion that the phone traced DM not that it was his. Maybe i missed something TIA

Thank you also for posting again your opinion on different aspects. I know it gets posted over and over but its always handy to keep it in the fore to know how people are thinking.

So far as I can tell though... much of this is still unfounded and we still have very little factual information to go on. As someone said earlier it is a mysterious case that leaves many people with many questions... I am one of them, as I feel there is something very strange about this case. The fact that we are repeatedly bombarded with suggestion still doesn't help for me..... I am one of those people that really needs facts and without them I am left with many questions and much suspicion about the whole case.

I guess it will be better if/when we know more. Lets hope so anyway. JMO

Traced to, belonging to = semantics.
Because the writer who wrote this article chose to use the word traced instead of belonging to, people assume there is a conspiracy and DM was set up. Staff Sgt. Kavanagh is basically saying because of this burner phone records, we were able to catch the perps. I feel confident evidence will show the burner phone belonged to DM. Connect all the dots and it's apparent the phone was used for criminal intent. Logic, DM set up the appointments using the phone and he showed up at the appointments. HTH and that's MOO.

Under either scenario, police say two men appeared to arrive at Mr. Bosma’s home on foot. Mr. Millard also seemed to arrive on foot when he test drove another Dodge Ram in Etobicoke on May 5 – a move that ultimately led to Mr. Millard’s arrest because the seller recalled the “ambition” tattoo on his wrist.

That same afternoon, Mr. Millard also had arrangements to meet a Toronto man to test drive another Dodge Ram diesel truck advertised on Kijiji and Auto Trader, Staff Sgt. Kavanagh confirmed, but that man missed the meeting because he took a nap and overslept.

“Fate is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?” he said, adding that police found that Toronto man through calls on a disposable cellphone traced to Mr. Millard.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

Just to clarify, MOO as to the possibility DM could be a psychopath, sociopath, have narcissistic personality disorder or a combination of these mental illnesses, is because of what I read in this article, in which a former head of the OPP's criminal profiling unit wrote in regards to this case. This profiler suggests what type of person could be capable of committing such a horrific crime. DM is not the only one I suggested but also MS or any other person who commits such brutal and disturbing crimes.

When you connect the characteristics suggested in the profilers article, and are well versed in mental health disorders, it leads to my above suggested the accused very well could have my suggested disorders/illnesses. HTH and JMHO.

Bosma's killer is abusive, exploitative and a risk-taker: profiler
The question is whether Millard had it in him to steal the truck Tim Bosma had put up for sale, and also kill him in cold blood.
James Van Allen, former head of the OPP's criminal profiling unit, believes whoever is responsible had murder in mind from the get-go.

"This could have been a standard carjacking: overpower him, leave him," said Van Allen, who heads the Behavioural Sciences Group in Langley, B.C.

"But we see a determination here to not be detected, to delay discovery or identification of the body. When Mr. Bosma went for the test drive, he was a marked man."

What doesn't add up, he said, is why anyone would murder for a truck. And "is the crime incongruent with the person charged?" DM is a member of a pioneering aviation family in Canada, and a man of apparent wealth who attended a private school in Toronto. He would seem to have had the resources to buy a truck like the one Bosma was selling.

But the profiler also pointed out that simply because someone has an education and money — Millard lived on a street in Etobicoke where his neighbour's house was recently listed for just under $1.6 million — it doesn't mean they aren't capable of heinous acts.

"It's not uncommon for allegedly smart people to be caught by police for crimes like this. They think they are smart enough to commit a crime but don't have the skills to avoid detection. There is often overconfidence there. And there can be risk gratification involved as well."

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler/

Articles on traits of psychopaths and sociopaths. HTH.
http://learus.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/the-difference-between-a-sociopath-and-a-psychopath/

http://docbonn.wordpress.com/2013/0...h-which-is-a-serial-killer-more-likely-to-be/

http://voices.yahoo.com/sociopath-vs-psychopath-there-difference-1906224.html?cat=72

Hare estimates that about 50 - 75% of the prison population meet criteria for antisocial personality disorder but only 15-25% exceed the cut-off point for psychopathy. Hare also estimates that psychopaths make up about 1% of the general population. Thus psychopathy appears to be a more severe disorder than antisocial personality disorder but fortunately a less common one.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...wers/201103/what-do-we-know-about-psychopathy

Psychopaths often make successful businessmen or world leaders. Not all psychopaths are motivated to kill. But when it is easy to devalue others, and you have had a lifetime of perceived injustices and rejection, murder might seem like a natural choice.

The following are environmental factors, psychiatrists say, which create a sociopath:
Studies show that 60% of psychopathic individuals had lost a parent;
Child is deprived of love or nurturing; parents are detached or absent;
Inconsistent discipline: if father is stern and mother is soft, child learns to hate authority and manipulate mother;
Hypocritical parents who privately belittle the child while publicly presenting the image of a "happy family".

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/psych_6.html

Again, thank you so much for your insight on this, swedie, and your reminders about the known facts of the tragic circumstances of this case and its self evident perpetrators. The message also involves an extremely important warning imo. For instance, I happen to live it what many might consider a very upscale neighborhood, but I have always refused to have any interaction whatsoever with my neighbors. Like you, I believe, exposing vulnerability to high achievers in the community at hand or at large can hve very dangerous, even lethal consequences. In my experience many or most wealthy persons have a clear narcissistic streak, which is, of course, a psychopathic indicator - I believe this has been proven in research - so one is very wise to be wary or refuse to associate with such families. MOO. IMHO.

Traced to, belonging to = semantics.
Because the writer who wrote this article chose to use the word traced instead of belonging to, people assume there is a conspiracy and DM was set up. Staff Sgt. Kavanagh is basically saying because of this burner phone records, we were able to catch the perps. I feel confident evidence will show the burner phone belonged to DM. Connect all the dots and it's apparent the phone was used for criminal intent. Logic, DM set up the appointments using the phone and he showed up at the appointments. HTH and that's MOO.

Traced to and belonging to do not necessarily have the same meaning hence ...not semantics. IMO .... it can be twisted to mean whatever someone wants it to mean I suppose...but it doesn't alter the reality IMO

Under either scenario, police say two men appeared to arrive at Mr. Bosma’s home on foot.

They also say they were dropped off and that an SUV was following them... I wonder which is true !!!!

Mr. Millard also seemed to arrive on foot when he test drove another Dodge Ram in Etobicoke on May 5
– a move that ultimately led to Mr. Millard’s arrest because the seller recalled the “ambition” tattoo on his wrist.

So we are told

Traced to ... has many possibilities IMO

Watched a show tonight called True Crime Scene ( I think it was called that ) and wow, did some parallels to this case every ring home.
Here is a websleuther commenting on the case a few years ago.
I just found the similarities of interest.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140217"]Rafay Murders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

“Fate is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?” he said, adding that police found that Toronto man through calls on a disposable cellphone traced to Mr. Millard.[/I]

Traced to ... has many possibilities IMO
Please explain the many possibilities. Traced to DM to me means somehow LE figured out it was DM's phone. (They traced the phone to DM). Maybe he had used it to call friends? Maybe he paid for it with his cc? Maybe he used his fb name or his steam name? I don't believe Sgt. Kavanagh is speaking in riddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme