Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That one does say in the tweets below that he was in leg irons. The one I posted earlier that said he wasn't in shackles was from here.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3243068-lawyer-says-millard-to-plead-not-guilty-in-tim-bosma-murder/

Either way, it's a far cry from the extra security that was brought in for MS. (And the 10 person tactical team called in for his arrest.)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2882879-second-arrest-made-in-tim-bosma-murder/

JMO

Tall and gangly, his head shaved, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his baggy black pants, the sullen 25-year-old Oakville man has the nervous twitch of someone who’s itching for a fix. He also has the black eye and facial cuts of someone on the wrong end of a scuffle - whether with arresting officers or with his new roommates at the local jail. A wannabe gangsta punk, he looks like trouble.

This is reality: his feet in shackles, he shuffles into the prisoner’s box and reluctantly stands when asked to do so by the justice of the peace and hears aloud that he is the second man formally charged with the chilling, senseless first-degree murder of Tim Bosma.

So who is Mark Smich? We know his parents are split and he lives with his mom in a nice suburban home. We know that in legal parlance, he is known to police. Smich has an outstanding charge of mischief under $5,000 for allegedly tagging graffiti on a highway overpass. He also has five minor convictions - two of them for drug possession dating back to 2005 and 2006 and one for impaired driving in 2009.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

A lot of the theories and conspiracy theories have been surrounding DM. Maybe it's MS. I'm not saying he's the mastermind, just that maybe MS and his peeps have more involvement then the DM side.

A lot of the theories and conspiracy theories have been surrounding DM. Maybe it's MS. I'm not saying he's the mastermind, just that maybe MS and his peeps have more involvement then the DM side.

Or maybe they were just sent to lure the victim to his fate. Or maybe they were not there when murder took place. Or maybe they were both used as DM suggested he had been. He does not have any convictions for violence..... two were for breaches...which I might add accounts for 90% of the jail population. Breaches are big business for correctional facilities. (That is an area that really needs addressing IMO...on a side note) So until we have the details we are stuck with the speculation, which make it a hard sleuthin' road. JMO MOO

Re: shackles...Sometimes depends on the guard at a jail/courthouse.... some like to be more 'in control' than others JMO

There is always a Policy in every detention center and Police station that determines protocol on prisoner cuffing/shackling.

It includes policy on whether cuffs are front or back, shackles or not and at one time even covered shackling to the floor of the transport vehicle when to and from court or outside medical facilities.

After some transport vehicle accidents involving fire, many agencies no longer shackle to floor.

I would wager all are shackled whom are physically in a court or a public medical facility.

It isn't left up to the guard unless a razor is held to his throat.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/04/10/sk-escaped-inmate-arrested-1304.html
JMO

There is always a Policy in every detention center and Police station that determines protocol on prisoner cuffing/shackling.

It includes policy on whether cuffs are front or back, shackles or not and at one time even covered shackling to the floor of the transport vehicle when to and from court or outside medical facilities.

After some transport vehicle accidents involving fire, many agencies no longer shackle to floor.

I would wager all are shackled whom are physically in a court or a public medical facility.

It isn't left up to the guard unless a razor is held to his throat.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/04/10/sk-escaped-inmate-arrested-1304.html
JMO

Not in some cases I've seen... I have also known of someone being tased for trying to ask questions...

Or maybe they were just sent to lure the victim to his fate. Or maybe they were not there when murder took place. Or maybe they were both used as DM suggested he had been. He does not have any convictions for violence..... two were for breaches...which I might add accounts for 90% of the jail population. Breaches are big business for correctional facilities. (That is an area that really needs addressing IMO...on a side note) So until we have the details we are stuck with the speculation, which make it a hard sleuthin' road. JMO MOO

I got to throw the BS flag on 90% in jail on breaches.
I will agree it's high but only because they SHOULD have been in jail to start with. Just because some hug a judge was lenient to begin with and gave them house arrest or similar instead of jail colors the issue.

here's a link on breaches for you http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2012001/article/11646-eng.htm#a2 I believe they add up to 18%(failure to comply with court order + breach of probation)
JMO

ATTENTION PLEASE!

If you've noticed one or more of your recent posts removed, then this message is for you.

Please stay within the guidelines of Websleuth's TOS.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209802"]Terms of Service & The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We're all adults here and we should not have to spell it out for you, the rules speak for themselves. But if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or any other mod you may feel more comfortable with.

We're here to voice our opinions. All opinions are welcome and encouraged. You are not going to agree with every post or poster. Isn't that one of the reasons we're here, to throw ideas and different opinions about?

Don't expect to change anyone's mind. IF you do, fine. If not, just agree to disagree and move on.

If you're irritated with any one particular poster and reading their posts make you anxious, or whatever, that's why we have an 'ignore' feature.

If you come across a post that you feel is way out of line or against TOS, please do not respond but use the triangle 'alert' button at the right top of each post.

:tyou:

ATTENTION PLEASE!

If you've noticed one or more of your recent posts removed, then this message is for you.

Please stay within the guidelines of Websleuth's TOS.

Terms of Service & The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We're all adults here and we should not have to spell it out for you, the rules speak for themselves. But if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or any other mod you may feel more comfortable with.

We're here to voice our opinions. All opinions are welcome and encouraged. You are not going to agree with every post or poster. Isn't that one of the reasons we're here, to throw ideas and different opinions about?

Don't expect to change anyone's mind. IF you do, fine. If not, just agree to disagree and move on.

If you're irritated with any one particular poster and reading their posts make you anxious, or whatever, that's why we have an 'ignore' feature.

If you come across a post that you feel is way out of line or against TOS, please do not respond but use the triangle 'alert' button at the right top of each post.

:tyou:

:ditto:

I am at work and not a happy camper that I had to take time from my busy day to come in here and see what's going on. Follow Coldpizza's direction or get the ray gun. :saber:

I got to throw the BS flag on 90% in jail on breaches.
I will agree it's high but only because they SHOULD have been in jail to start with. Just because some hug a judge was lenient to begin with and gave them house arrest or similar instead of jail colors the issue.

here's a link on breaches for you http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2012001/article/11646-eng.htm#a2 I believe they add up to 18%(failure to comply with court order + breach of probation)
JMO

Interesting, from your link, that only 64% of adult criminal cases in Ontario result in a guilty finding.

JMO

Sounds like some people believe Smich has been ignored, so I am bumping this thread.

I wonder if he'll wear the orange jumpsuit again on the 12th.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like some people believe Smich has been ignored, so I am bumping this thread.

I wonder if he'll wear the orange jumpsuit again on the 12th.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

We dont hear too much about Mark.... Without knowing a few more details its hard to know how it all fits together... He could be just in wrong place at wrong time.... as with DM.... or maybe theres more we need to find out..... The whole case is eerily quiet...imo

Does anyone here sleuth his friends on the side anymore?

I am trying to remember the early sleuthing after MS' arrest. Did MS have ties to or ever work in Brantford?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member