Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here sleuth his friends on the side anymore?

I am trying to remember the early sleuthing after MS' arrest. Did MS have ties to or ever work in Brantford?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Not that I remember..but will have another look. Some FB sites have some info on Mark.

Does anyone here sleuth his friends on the side anymore?

I am trying to remember the early sleuthing after MS' arrest. Did MS have ties to or ever work in Brantford?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I thought I had read somewhere...maybe FB that MS has known DM for quite a while, that the Smich family use to live in the same neighbourhood as the Millard's.

I thought I had read somewhere...maybe FB that MS has known DM for quite a while, that the Smich family use to live in the same neighbourhood as the Millard's.

I read that MS attended a Catholic school (Philip Pocock Catholic Secondary School) at Tompken/Eglinton located about 6k away from DM's childhood home. There is a <modsnip> JS that was a track star there...sister? Perhaps DM attended the same school before transferring to the TFS?

Why do I get the impression MS is talking and looking for a plea deal? Probably because he knows exactly what happened to LB and TM. He was involved in TB demise and I have a belief DM told MS what happened to LB. OR MS also assisted DM in disposing of LB. BUT MS was not the actual murderer in both cases; at least that is what he is claiming. My speculation and JMHO.

Why do I get the impression MS is talking and looking for a plea deal? Probably because he knows exactly what happened to LB and TM. He was involved in TB demise and I have a belief DM told MS what happened to LB. OR MS also assisted DM in disposing of LB. BUT MS was not the actual murderer in both cases; at least that is what he is claiming. My speculation and JMHO.

That is my impression too, that MS is talking. He's gotta know that DM has the money to fund a defence and that the finger pointing will start soon.

Keep in mind that just because DM had the properties does not mean it wasnt his friends that were making the plans ans schemes. Everyone thought the notion of DM not knowing about an incinerator at his farm was preposterous, meanwhile three police forces missed whatever has been stashed in the barn, so go figure.

I agree as well. And thanks to your trip the other day, we know the farm wasn't being guarded, so IMO that means this 'new information' that led to a search of the barn is something that just came up and needed to be acted on in a hurry.

But I agree. Both of the accused must have full disclosure now and are starting to talk.

IMO ..the POLICE did not miss something....that thing was uncovered ...".New INFO" as in Tip has been told....I agree with posters above me....someone is talking.........sept.12 is approaching.....and it means a pre trial will be set....IMO ...I think someone is getting nervous.....I hope ...robynhood....JMHO...LE have a lot of evidence too....

Keep in mind that just because DM had the properties does not mean it wasnt his friends that were making the plans ans schemes. Everyone thought the notion of DM not knowing about an incinerator at his farm was preposterous, meanwhile three police forces missed whatever has been stashed in the barn, so go figure.

I wouldn't be too gleeful........

It's never "missed" until AFTER the verdict is returned.

ETA.... as posted numerous times before, discovery is pretty much a has been/is well over. With the also previously mentioned fact that evidence can be brought before the court even during trial.

Susan Clairmont is tweeting that Mark Smich has been moved to the Toronto West DC and may have new counsel as Dugey was not there, different lawyer.

Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 1h
Mark Smich is appearing the same day as Millard for pre trial, Oct 22. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont is tweeting that Mark Smich has been moved to the Toronto West DC and may have new counsel as Dugey was not there, different lawyer.

I wonder if his first lawyer dumped the case?

And I believe there was an error. The jail visit article says Smich is at Toronto East, not West. Not that it matters, unless you're from the East end or planning on visiting him.

Maybe thats why he slammed the phone shut on a reporter Monday.
It will be interesting to read if his first lawyer did in fact dump the case. The timing would seem right if MS is the one talking.
Here is a criminal lawyer thinking he is defending a guy that has been railroaded by some rich kid and the most he'll get is a few years for accessory to murder.
Now, as the facts of the case are coming to light, the kid is now talking about LB and the barn and what happened to her and now all of a sudden, this whole accessory defense is changing.
If in fact, it is MS talking, and his lawyer is present, he is probably thinking, hey, I never signed up for this. If these murders are as grisly and horrific as some people think, ( isn't there a quote somewhere where LE says it would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ) his lawyer may be thinking, no matter how much publicity I get or how much money I make, this crap is not worth me living through this for the next three years. I'm outta here. :seeya:

Just my own opinion, and only my opinion if in fact his lawyer has left the building.

It will be interesting to read if his first lawyer did in fact dump the case. The timing would seem right if MS is the one talking.
Here is a criminal lawyer thinking he is defending a guy that has been railroaded by some rich kid and the most he'll get is a few years for accessory to murder.
Now, as the facts of the case are coming to light, the kid is now talking about LB and the barn and what happened to her and now all of a sudden, this whole accessory defense is changing.
If in fact, it is MS talking, and his lawyer is present, he is probably thinking, hey, I never signed up for this. If these murders are as grisly and horrific as some people think, ( isn't there a quote somewhere where LE says it would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ) his lawyer may be thinking, no matter how much publicity I get or how much money I make, this crap is not worth me living through this for the next three years. I'm outta here. :seeya:

Just my own opinion, and only my opinion if in fact his lawyer has left the building.

Since it was technically a remand and simply two attorneys/firms agreeing on their schedules and dates for a forthcoming JP slot, it could have been almost anyone in the firm, even a articling student IIRC.

It will be interesting to see however.

MS has been moved from the Niagara Detention Centre to Toronto Detention Centre. Why would he be moved? Is it possible that his move was due to the fact that MS decided to start talking? TPS may want him in their jurisdiction??

Curious why MS would implicate himself in another possible confinement/murder case in order to get a deal on the first charge. Would they offer him a cushy deal for both murders? If he knows so much about both cases, it would seem he was possibly there for both cases.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members