Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole DM story intrigues me as I am sure it does with a lot of people. The so called aviation dynasty, the wealth, the beautiful but aloof mother, the vacations, the real estate, the quirkey little half smile, the sad father...the missing ex girlfriend....etc.etc... the stuff authors write romance novels about.....it just seems so atypical that he could be involved in any of this... MS on the other hand..... your typical looking skinny meth head. Kind of boring.

I don't like to generalize but what I don't like more is lying so I will just be honest about it. I would love to think that I am such a great person who would not judge MS for his "look" but I have experienced this type as I live among them; people whose look and dress are specifically styled around the look of a gangsta , not only do they not mind the stereotype, they welcome it, because people will then be intimidated by them, fear them (until they're in the prisoner's box of course at which point they no longer welcome it).

I don't like to generalize but what I don't like more is lying so I will just be honest about it. I would love to think that I am such a great person who would not judge MS for his "look" but I have experienced this type as I live among them; people whose look and dress are specifically styled around the look of a gangsta , not only do they not mind the stereotype, they welcome it, because people will then be intimidated by them, fear them (until they're in the prisoner's box of course at which point they no longer welcome it).

Maybe one of the reasons folks are so intent on digging into whatever they can on DM is to help ensure that, if he is guilty, he doesn't go free due in any way to a perception of privileged upbringing, GQ style, reasonably lavish lifestyle, etc. We remember the crisp uniform of ex-Colonel Russ Williams, the Heisman Trophy held by OJ (acquitted :rolleyes: IMO) the pretty boys Paul Bernardo, Scott Peterson, the Colin Thatchers and Peter Demeters that walked among us ... most of them perceived by society to be celebrity or upstanding citizens, until the limelight helped cast them in a truer, more different light.

Maybe one of the reasons folks are so intent on digging into whatever they can on DM is to help ensure that, if he is guilty, he doesn't go free due in any way to a perception of privileged upbringing, GQ style, reasonably lavish lifestyle, etc. We remember the crisp uniform of ex-Colonel Russ Williams, the Heisman Trophy held by OJ (acquitted :rolleyes: IMO) the pretty boys Paul Bernardo, Scott Peterson, the Colin Thatchers and Peter Demeters that walked among us ... most of them perceived by society to be celebrity or upstanding citizens, until the limelight helped cast them in a truer, more different light.

I can totally appreciate that. If he is guilty he is a total and can be scribbled in at the bottom of that list before being thrown into jail for life. I think we've seen enough of these guys by now to know that looks and clothes mean nothing. When it comes down to it, DM and MS are equal when they first sit down in the prisoner's box, but if generally speaking about which one of the two most of us would prefer to sit beside on the subway, let's be real here. MS looks like the type that won't even move his backpack for you to sit down in the first place.

On another let's be real note, if DM had the assets of MS there would be less to sleuth, less accusations/speculations made and therefore less "defending" going on, period.

I haven't read anything about DM having an 'affection for drugs', can you please post links to support that, TIA.

BBM I did post a link. Guess you didn't read the link article. No problem. The first paragraph is mine and the remaining of my post is C&P from the article HTH.

Then there is the information from SL where DM said LB contacted him looking for drugs and a place to stay. Pretty good indication DM was either into drugs or had sources. MS? And there is much speculation about drugs and DM and let's not forget MS. ;) JMO.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

Ms. Babcock and Mr. Millard had begun a sexual relationship in the first half of 2012 while Mr. Millard had a girlfriend, said Shawn Lerner, Ms. Babcock’s ex-boyfriend and close friend. The phone records of Ms. Babcock, a 24-year-old University of Toronto graduate, show she was last in touch with Mr. Millard on July 3. Police say Ms. Babcock had started working in the sex trade. Mr. Millard, who is being investigated in relation to Ms. Babcock’s disappearance, later told Mr. Lerner that she had been asking him for drugs and a place to stay, which Mr. Millard said he declined.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

<modsnip>

Not sure if MS was employed at the time of his arrest or ever employed but I find it quite telling and I'm assuming he wasn't. Typically the MSM is all over that type of information and all we got was the hint MS was hired to make that gore video. Pay or no pay...unclear. The producer of that video stated, Mr. Smich is &#8220;the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs. Maybe that was his employment and he was paid for it. JMO.

Mr. Smich&#8217;s rap sheet includes possession of cocaine and magic mushrooms, failure to appear in court, breach of a mandated curfew and driving while impaired. In the fall of 2012, he and another man were chased by police after allegedly spray-painting a highway overpass, authorities said at the time.

These are just the points and each point goes into more detail is interested.

7 Ways to Spot Someone with a Cocaine Addiction
1. The individual is prone to getting nosebleeds.
2. The individual has a tendency to &#8220;crash&#8221;.
3. The individual has sudden financial problems.
4. The individual suffers at work and loses interest in friends and family.
5. The individual forgoes old friends and begins to run with a different crowd.
6. The individual experiences paranoia or panic attacks.
7. The individual has a tendency to talk very fast.

http://www.michaelshouse.com/cocaine-addiction/7-ways-spot-someone-cocaine-addiction/

The chch clip says "a long list of 17 individuals and two families"

couldn't the two families simply be Tim's side and Sharlene's side? I tend to think the prosecution asked who they wanted on a no-contact list and Shar, two kids, Tim & Shar's parents and then other close family members would quickly add to 17 IMO

Possible, I knew someone similar to your example, didn't fit in with his age group yet was "the man" with the 2-3 yr. younger crowd during high school.

Like I posted earlier, drugs make odd relationships. I've read several cases similar to this one (as far as business deals gone bad), but they involved drugs or gangs in some way, mostly on the suspects part.

I think TB was totally innocent to any of that however it wouldn't matter if the other two were into drugs/gangs or satanic stuff.

I do believe DM would have the nature and financing to be the initiator of a ship of fools. Maybe everything was fun, games and adrenaline until someone got in the way.

[bbm]

right on the money there IMO

Here's an interesting tweet from Spec reporter Justin Robertson on the day of MS's arrest that hasn't been posted before:

https://twitter.com/justinatthespec/statuses/337311183478611968

I had seen that a while back and found it curious as well , I think it had to do with the arrest of MS at his home .... it was like he was watching and expecting it .... when police pulled up he fled out the back door and got away (for a while) .... and apparently "dropped" paraphernalia as he went ..... then the load of stones hauled away as though they had traces of something on them.

Not sure if I got that right ... never heard whether anything was ever discovered on the stones .... could it have been blood spatter ??? .... or drug residue ????

I wish the neighbour had said what colour that truck was.

Did the neighbours of MB indicate what colour the truck was which delivered DM's trailer with Tim's truck inside to MB's driveway? I realize this is a flat bed but I could have also served as the one that made the delivery that Wednesday or Thursday night. Or it just may have been more involved in the crime. Evidence of blood, tire tracks?

Could the perps have loaded Tim's truck on it after his murder that night and could this have been what the witness it Brantford saw; a flat bed truck carrying a Dodge Ram. Maybe that is why it got hauled away from MS's. :scared: The two accused could have done this easy enough. One drove the Yukon and one drove the flat bed. They parked the flat bed somewhere close to Tim's or in Brantford, then the two drive the Yukon to a sideroad close to Tim's, park it on a side road, walk to Tim's, the three of them leave in Tim's truck for the test drive, murder Tim in the truck, go to where they left the flat bed (maybe Brantford where they found Tim's cell phone), load Tim's truck on the flat bed truck, and then drive the flat bed to the farmland. Then they are in a hurry to get back and pick up the Yukon before SB called LE reporting Tim missing. They don't want LE to find Yukon parked on a side road. They leave TB to burn on the farm, which explains why he wasn't reduced to ashes. Of course it's JM theory and MOO.

In an update Friday, Hamilton investigators said a witness also spotted the 32-year-old's truck passing through Brantford downtown around 10:10 p.m. Monday.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...as-tim-bosma-s-cellphone-found-truck-spotted/

Here's an interesting tweet from Spec reporter Justin Robertson on the day of MS's arrest that hasn't been posted before:

https://twitter.com/justinatthespec/statuses/337311183478611968

This is very interesting, thanks, I had not seen this one. But it begs the question, who puts stones on a flatbed where they can easily roll off while the truck is in motion?

And Swedie, I think if you go through earlier threads about the trailer, you will see that it took a certain type of hitch, a gooseneck I believe, to pull the trailer, it would not make sense that it would have been pulled by a flatbed truck, in my opinion. Nor would it make sense that the perps left DM's Yukon anywhere near TB's house for the duration of the test drive, since it was apparently seen following the test drive truck, if I recall correctly. HTH.

Stones, especially quarried ones, are usually moved on flatbeds or lowboys.

ford_dieselalum_flatbed_99112654806096497.jpg

This is very interesting, thanks, I had not seen this one. But it begs the question, who puts stones on a flatbed where they can easily roll off while the truck is in motion?

And Swedie, I think if you go through earlier threads about the trailer, you will see that it took a certain type of hitch, a gooseneck I believe, to pull the trailer, it would not make sense that it would have been pulled by a flatbed truck, in my opinion. Nor would it make sense that the perps left DM's Yukon anywhere near TB's house for the duration of the test drive, since it was apparently seen following the test drive truck, if I recall correctly. HTH.

Yes that's right <modsnip>. That's what happens when trying to sleuth when tired. ;) And yes it is very interesting. Wonder who's truck it was and why was it carrying stones? :waitasec:

SB mentioned in an interview that TB bought landscaping stones very shortly before his murder:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/15/tim_bosma_comes_home_heartbreakingly_in_a_small_box.html

Interesting. Wonder who TB bought the rocks from? Could it have been from MS and DM and SB had seen them previously if they were the ones who delivered the rocks to the Bosma home?

A couple more things I found interesting from that article. Wording is key IMO. To me the way it is written, it sounds like DM and MS were inside the Bosma home.

With the second point, five weeks seems like a long time before a burial. I'm curious to know why it took that long. It's been stated he died the night of May 6th, his remains were found May 14th. I am guessing they kept his remains until test results came back. JMO

Tim left shortly after 9 p.m., headed out the door with the men who said they were interested in buying his Dodge Ram, which he had put up for sale a few weeks earlier.

Tim Bosma’s remains were returned to his family last week and, more than a month after he went missing and was found dead at a farm near Waterloo, he was buried Monday at a Hamilton cemetery.

Nothing has been normal for Sharlene: how her husband died, the national media attention it received, and waiting five long weeks for a proper burial.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/15/tim_bosma_comes_home_heartbreakingly_in_a_small_box.html

[/B]

Yes that's right <modsnip>. That's what happens when trying to sleuth when tired. ;) And yes it is very interesting. Wonder who's truck it was and why was it carrying stones? :waitasec:

Since it was at MS's house, and not stored at the farm or the hangar, I'm going to go all out here and guess that it was his truck. Or he had a job we don't know about and it was a company truck.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member