Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not checked this thread out for some time. Just wondering if L.E. are speculating there is a 3rd person involved or have they got evidence that there was another vehicle with a third person?

Have not checked this thread out for some time. Just wondering if L.E. are speculating there is a 3rd person involved or have they got evidence that there was another vehicle with a third person?

Hi Marg from Oz! Last I heard they were still looking for a third suspect, at least, but I think they are being quiet about it because it may be a bit embarrassing for them to have had all this time pass and they still don't even know how many people were involved, let alone who they might have been. It actually makes me wonder who the third (or more) might be, if they were careful/clever enough not to have left anything behind to incriminate themselves the way DM and MS seem to have. They must have done something right to still remain free. Perhaps that is the mastermind behind the plan, if there was a plan.

We're all in the dark on this one with you Marg. I believe the following is the last we heard about the possibility of a third suspect (as per lead investigator Det Sgt Matt Kavanagh):

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2882383-clairmont-no-id-yet-of-two-other-suspects-in-bosma-murder/

"You'll just have to trust me on this," he said when asked to explain.

Police have previously said there were at least three people involved in the abduction and murder of Bosma: the two men who went with him to test drive his Dodge Ram pickup truck that was for sale and another person following behind them in another vehicle. Police had left open the possibility there could be more than one individual in that following vehicle, which has only been described as an "SUV-type vehicle."

Now, however, Kavanagh says he believes there was only one person inside the second vehicle.

Subsequent to the above, we have not heard that a 3rd person is still being sought, so I guess/believe the 3rd person may have been driving the SUV, is known to LE, but possibly had no knowledge that a crime was about to be committed.

After that, Det Kavanagh said they didn't even know if there was a third person.

“It’s possible that there’s only two involved and it’s also possible that there may have been a third. And so we’re looking into that and we still have some doors to shut, some avenues of investigation.”

However, Staff. Sgt. Kavanagh said investigators do not know who was driving the SUV and are probing the possibility that it was Mr. Smich.

“In reality, it could have been Smich,” said Staff Sgt. Kavanagh. “Smich could have got out of the Bosma truck and into the Yukon. So that’s why I say I’m not sure.”

The other possibility under investigation is that a third person dropped the pair off at Mr. Bosma’s home and then followed them as they drove west to Brantford and beyond.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-question-existence-of-third-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

That pretty well leaves it wide open.

JMO

Welcome Marg! There was a of publication bans placed on this case May 15th, so it just goes to reason there has been no further information released about this case and likely won't be until the pretrial or trial itself. DM was arrested May 10th and TB's remains were found May 14th, IIRC, the day before the PBs was issued by the judge. According to Shawn J's tweets, Several publication bans were also put in place to protect witnesses.

IF there were others involved maybe they are being protected under the PB as witnesses. They may have been involved not knowing the intentions of the perps or end results until they learnt about it after the facts. They may have come forward giving information/evidence to LE. All JMO.

A pair of publication bans were put in place during the proceedings before Millard was returned to the Barton St. jail to await his next court appearance June 13.

“We’re really waiting for the police investigation to be completed,” Paradkar said. “There are other suspects out there ... and once they’ve been apprehended I think you’ll have a fuller picture of what’s going on.”

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/05/15/tim-bosma-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-in-hamilton-court

If there was a 3rd suspect I bet he decided to become a witness in the early days once he saw DM was nailed.

Probably he will try to claim he was just a driver that day and not involved with the actual murder ..... or maybe he is pulling a Homolka deal.

Probably something like that is going on because LE has gone mum regarding the 3rd suspect.

But we do know just two accused have been arrested and two perps could pull this off with just two people. I don't think too many people who knew the perps were informed of what they planned involving Dodge Ram truck test drives. The more who know, the greater the chance of it getting leaked. I think someone was smart enough to keep it to a very minimum of people involved. ;) JMHO.

If there were only 2 people then ..... they parked the suv on the road in front of TB's , both walk to the house , then DM in drivers seat of truck ... TB in pass seat ... MS in back seat .... drive ahead a few feet to end of driveway ,... stop , let one person out to drive the suv .... and then what ?? The one person driving truck subdues TB ? ... or do they stop and the suv driver re-join them and then subdue TB ???

Seems a bit convoluted to me .... why wouldn't the suv driver just drop DM off at the end of the driveway and remain in suv to follow the truck??

If there were only 2 people then ..... they parked the suv on the road in front of TB's , both walk to the house , then DM in drivers seat of truck ... TB in pass seat ... MS in back seat .... drive ahead a few feet to end of driveway ,... stop , let one person out to drive the suv .... and then what ?? The one person driving truck subdues TB ? ... or do they stop and the suv driver re-join them and then subdue TB ???

Seems a bit convoluted to me .... why wouldn't the suv driver just drop DM off at the end of the driveway and remain in suv to follow the truck??

I have always found the idea that someone got out of the truck at the end of the driveway to be a bit of a ridiculous notion considering the short length of the driveway. And I also find the idea ridiculous that if there were just the two of them there to commit a crime, that one wouldn't choose to remain in the truck instead of going to the door. Why risk both being seen by a witness just so that you can drive to the end of a short driveway?

I have always found the idea that someone got out of the truck at the end of the driveway to be a bit of a ridiculous notion considering the short length of the driveway. And I also find the idea ridiculous that if there were just the two of them there to commit a crime, that one wouldn't choose to remain in the truck instead of going to the door. Why risk both being seen by a witness just so that you can drive to the end of a short driveway?

I don't think we know precisely where the SUV was parked, whether at the end of the driveway or further up the road. IMO, doesn't matter if there were 1 or 2 perps arriving at the house; they would not have known if there was one witness or ten, so seems it didn't matter to the perps. I think they just thought their identity wouldn't be an issue because they were from out of town.

I don't think we know precisely where the SUV was parked, whether at the end of the driveway or further up the road. IMO, doesn't matter if there were 1 or 2 perps arriving at the house; they would not have known if there was one witness or ten, so seems it didn't matter to the perps. I think they just thought their identity wouldn't be an issue because they were from out of town.

I imagine that if they thought that their identity wouldn't be an issue because they were from out of town, then they surely must have disguised themselves the day before for the Etobicoke test drive, in DM's own neighbourhood, by that reasoning.

I think it is rather important to know about MS' life/ past and present if possible. Tho he lacks the notoriety that DM has, for the sake of TB and family, information may assist in the understanding of the possible partners in crime.

I'm with Sidekick. I'd like to hear more about MS and his background. No offence to anyone, but there is more information about DM's grandfather on this website, who definitely had nothing to do with the murder of TB, than there is about one of the accused. Just because he may not have set any records or be from a dynasty should not preclude him from the same treatment DM has received with regards to people digging into his life, in my opinion.

Well, we're all ears! If you can find some information on MS, post it!

I'm with Sidekick. I'd like to hear more about MS and his background. No offence to anyone, but there is more information about DM's grandfather on this website, who definitely had nothing to do with the murder of TB, than there is about one of the accused. Just because he may not have set any records or be from a dynasty should not preclude him from the same treatment DM has received with regards to people digging into his life, in my opinion.

I would also. Isn't this is what sleuthing is all about; uncovering information about the person's past and what may have lead up to the end result? Many have tried to uncover the story behind the two charged and IMO there isn't much more to uncover about MS on the www. Unfortunately it's not as ample as the background information on DM. While DM's grandfather and father nor his mother had any direct involvement in TB's murder, some may believe his upbringing may have been factors in the predicament he now finds himself in. Typically this is the case in of these types of criminals; their upbringing plays a role. The same could be said for MS but obviously the information is just not out there. IIRC wasn't their a lot of MS's information revealed in the early days right after his arrest? Feel free to share should you uncover such information.

Isn't this or similar articles statements which started the ball rolling? Nothing of the sort on MS so I HTH to understand why so much focus is placed on DM and his family aviation background.

Snipped from the article linked.
Dellen Millard is a member of a pioneering aviation family in Canada, and a man of apparent wealth who attended a private school in Toronto.

On another note, I would also be interested in learning anything positive regarding the two accused. Is there anything positive to report? There has been much positive information regarding CM and WM but I have yet to read anything positive about either one of the charged other then DM holding a record at the age of fourteen years of age under the probable influence of his father and grandfather. Respectfully, maybe those so quick to defend DM could at bring forth some of that positive information if they are privy to such. JMHO.

I wonder if this is a fitting description of DM or MS? Maybe both? We don't know because no one has provided this type of information. But if it is a true/fitting description known by some, then maybe great consideration should be given that both or either charged are highly capable of murder regardless of their outward appearance, background or heritage. All JMHO.

He added that the killer is someone who is exploitive, abusive, lacks any empathy and is a risk-taker.
The murder deviates from what is typically seen in the car theft racket, he said, where excessive violence is not the norm.

AND
But the profiler also pointed out that simply because someone has an education and money it doesn't mean they aren't capable of heinous acts.
"It's not uncommon for allegedly smart people to be caught by police for crimes like this. They think they are smart enough to commit a crime but don't have the skills to avoid detection. There is often overconfidence there. And there can be risk gratification involved as well."

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler/

SB mentioned in an interview that TB bought landscaping stones very shortly before his murder:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/15/tim_bosma_comes_home_heartbreakingly_in_a_small_box.html

It's been some time since I last posted, I find this "bought some landscaping stones" interesting. Could some one please re-link or post links to the equipment photos from the farm. The excavator and the bobcat. Just a hunch "boulders.ca" has similar equipment and they deliver stones, rent skid steers, bobcats and possibly excavators.
They are in Oakville & mississauga. cheers

It's been some time since I last posted, I find this "bought some landscaping stones" interesting. Could some one please re-link or post links to the equipment photos from the farm. The excavator and the bobcat. Just a hunch "boulders.ca" has similar equipment and they deliver stones, rent skid steers, bobcats and possibly excavators.
They are in Oakville & mississauga. cheers

Not sure if this helps. They all look the same to me.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKy_XsUCEAMwhGD.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKQa0tmCUAAw1E3.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKQZ3ntCMAE8Twl.jpg

https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn/status/334422275145224192/photo/1

Well, we're all ears! If you can find some information on MS, post it!

I'm not an investigative journalist.

But I would be more interested to hear more about MS than I would be to hear about the grandfather of the accused or a workplace accident that DM may have witnessed as a youth. In my opinion, the things that may actually be relevant to the case seem to take a sideline to the sensationalism caused by one of the accused being from a good family. I doubt that when it comes time for court, that the "Millard dynasty" will play as big a role as it seems to here.

I'm not an investigative journalist.

But I would be more interested to hear more about MS than I would be to hear about the grandfather of the accused or a workplace accident that DM may have witnessed as a youth. In my opinion, the things that may actually be relevant to the case seem to take a sideline to the sensationalism caused by one of the accused being from a good family. I doubt that when it comes time for court, that the "Millard dynasty" will play as big a role as it seems to here.

At WS, we discuss everything and anything that we can find on whatever case is at hand and which is permissible according to TOS. Unfortunately in this case, it seems we simply haven't been able to find as much on MS as we have on DM ... certainly not for lack of trying by sleuthers (and I'm sure AB isn't the only investigative journalist who has tried to dig stuff up).

There are many cases where those accused don't have the same background as DM, but they are scrutinized just as closely in the MSM and at WS IF and WHEN we are able to find information that relates to them. It has nothing to do with money or social status or being or not being part of a dynasty. Accused perps at opposite ends of the spectrum that spring to mind would be the Gary Hiltons or John Coueys of the world compared to the Dennis Olands or Gerard Baden Clays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member