Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Dolo got his wish for notoriety. Be careful what you wish for, comes to mind.

Tim Bosma case: Accused Mark Smich played 'Dexter' role in rap video

Oakville, Ont.'s Mark Smich, 25, who was arrested Wednesday, played a key role in the 2012 homemade video for the rap song "Ghozted," produced by a rapper and producer JayDolo, who is listed on several websites as a James Robertson, also of Oakville.

On a YouTube page, a Mark Smich was listed as playing a murderous "Dexter" character — a reference to the popular TV series in which the main character is a psychopath who kills criminals.

The YouTube page was disabled after Smich's arrest, and JayDolo posted a message both explaining why he took the video down and giving readers a glimpse into his relationship with Smich.

"I have taken it down because the media is trying to blow it up as if it's connected to the Tim Bosma case," writes JayDolo, who on this page refers to himself as "DoloPro RUMG."

"Mark is innocent until proven guilty and in my opinion as his friend he is only being pinpointed because he knew Dell (Dellen Millard). If he is guilty he will serve his time and accept his consequence(s)."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/05/20130523-101523.html

I am still trying to figure out why someone with the financial means that DM had and his jet setting lifestyle....European trips, boats, sea-doos etc .....was associating with someone like MS who appears at this point to be nothing but a under achieving 25 year old living at home with several run ins with LE. He just does not fit the profile of DM's other "friends" I wonder if suspect 3 is someone more closely associated with DM or with MS.
JMO

I've been wondering what this connection is too. A lot of disparity in the association.

This is a bit O/T, but, the courtroom artist commented on drawing MS in court today:

Quick courtroom sketch of Mark Smich this morning for the Post. He couldn't sit still.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...in-tim-bosma-murder-case-to-plead-not-guilty/

Mike Faille Illustration

Thanks guys. Ya, it is kinda weird. But usually, the accused looks so normal. The only time I truly felt a bad vibe off somebody was when I drew Michael Rafferty.

https://www.facebook.com/MikeFailleIllustration?hc_location=stream

I've followed most of the posts but might have missed one or two so I apologize if someone has shared this link before re DM:

http://www.genebase.com/node/f67215b7bb

It certainly raises questions. Why is he searching for genetic relatives? Surely if he were adopted it would be through an adoption registry. Was he a product of donor implantation/insemination? He did not appear to be close to his family but I haven't seen any information about this sort of thing.

Just could be a small piece of the puzzle.

I can honestly say, that with pretty much every case I have followed at WS, this idea of filming the crime is speculated. As does the topic of Dexter, for that matter.

In this digital age, we see how prolific the younger generation is with filming everything, pictures or video. So, it's not as wild of a suggestion as it used to be in the past, that of filming a murder.

All I hope, is that LE completed the warrants for the computers, phones and other devices thoroughly, completely and properly. I don't want to find out after the jury goes to deliberations, about evidence on those devices that were incorrectly searched due to warrant issues.

JMO

I don't disagree about the proliferation of recording devices and the eagerness with which young people use them, however you have to keep in mind what they are making recordings of. Recording yourself murdering a human being is a world apart from recording a fist fight, or your friends using drugs, or even a sexual assault like the ones seen in the news recently.

Sadistic maniacs like Luka Magnotta and Mark Twitchell recorded their heinous crimes for publicity and other sick, twisted reasons. I very highly doubt DM and MS are those kind of people, none of the facts so far point to anything like that as far as I'm concerned.

i put forth an opinion before about how "marks" (on people) could have been avoided, and still left evidence of a struggle...

We know from the le reports that dm was the "test driver" and that tb was in the front passenger seat, that leaves ms to sit behind tb.

He is not that "big" of a guy ms i mean...

So he's in the back seat kinda leaning forward on the front seat and chatting about the truck, pulls out a rope, over tb's head and around his neck...

At this point, ms pushes back into the seat and pulls with all his might.. .tb would not be able to reach him... If dm even stopped and stepped outa the truck or slid over against the door, tb could not reach him... But, he could thrash, kick and struggle to try to get free... Total time from the house to the death... Less than 10 min.

:( :(
my exact thoughts!!! This is the way i thought it may have happened from the beginning!!

I am still trying to figure out why someone with the financial means that DM had and his jet setting lifestyle....European trips, boats, sea-doos etc .....was associating with someone like MS who appears at this point to be nothing but a under achieving 25 year old living at home with several run ins with LE. He just does not fit the profile of DM's other "friends" I wonder if suspect 3 is someone more closely associated with DM or with MS.
JMO

Really wondering if this is drug related, distribution chain of some sort. DM and MS are worlds apart in most ways, something brought them together. Maybe DM worked for a bigger person at the top of the chain, MS worked for DM? TB is in HVAC, did he do a job where he may have seen an exchange happen, did he find something while doing a job? Were they told to "clean up" a mess they created? Could see how DM could be involved in drug distribution, has the means for transporting, gets his adventure fix, he's already filthy rich so the money he made doing this could be easily hidden. Funny that in earlier articles SL said DM told him he was giving LB cocaine, MS has a trafficking charge. Sounds like "breaking bad" gone really REALLY bad.

I don't disagree about the proliferation of recording devices and the eagerness with which young people use them, however you have to keep in mind what they are making recordings of. Recording yourself murdering a human being is a world apart from recording a fist fight, or your friends using drugs, or even a sexual assault like the ones seen in the news recently.

Sadistic maniacs like Luka Magnotta and Mark Twitchell recorded their heinous crimes for publicity and other sick, twisted reasons. I very highly doubt DM and MS are those kind of people, none of the facts so far point to anything like that as far as I'm concerned.

BBM

No, they only murdered a man for his truck and then burned his body. Nothing sick about that at all.

The missing detail would be the cell tower logs. If TB's phone hung around in the area and then later returned to within a mile then the logs would reflect that and LE would still be combing the area in and around TB's home. They would also have a rough triangulation of where the phone was in that time.

Another frustrating observation occurs to me about the evidence. If the perps were smart enough to turn off Tim's phone almost immediately, how could they be stupid enough to leave so much evidence scattered across DM's properties? I know some will say "they didn't plan on getting caught", but come on.. that is not a good enough answer. If this was your plan, and you knew well enough to turn the phone off, you'd know that having any of this stuff anywhere near your property would be a bad, bad idea, no matter what.

BBM

No, they only murdered a man for his truck and then burned his body. Nothing sick about that at all.

There is clearly a big difference between killing someone to steal their property and sadistically butchering a person for sexual / perverse thrills. There is no evidence to suggest that these guys planned this murder or get off on this type of thing, that's all I'm saying. Jumping to this conclusion or even theorizing about it (without any basis for doing so) is just fantasy, and it's kind of weird if you ask me.

Originally Posted by thinker5
How about if a person is without a doubt convicted of KILLING YOUR FAMILY, that he should also be persecuted, as "an EYE FOR AN EYE", ergo "DEATH for DEATH"? Innocent? There have been many screw ups in the past, yes, but I have faith in our investigators, police, forensics, dna testing, etc., etc., etc.. What I have less faith in is our legal system, quirky defense lawyers, especially Bernardo and Holmoka's, time to put together an appeal. How about strap this guys in for the ride and make them talk! Possible death to you, DM and MS, if you don't talk now!

Someone mentioned in the beginning of all of this, that the dutch community was small here...may I finally say... OH NO IT is not. Its huge ... I see the Comment above from one I think is from that mind set. The dutch here in the afea are normal people, and some shady businness deals go down, like any other religion...but they stick togeather most of the time.

So sad, but so true. I hope I have not broken any rules here, it not about religion, this whole area this is all happpening in...is very Dutch. And they keep to themselfs. And are never wrong. Sorry if I offend any one... But I see something that might not be right. Its all about making money.

Mr. Bolo or Mr. Crockett, was interviewed by The Globe and Mail here. Says he hasn't seen MS for 3 months. Also in this article, neighbours confirm the SS picture.

Online photo shows Bosma suspects together

JUSTIN FAUTEUX AND AMBER DAUGHERTY

HAMILTON — The Globe and Mail

A man named James Crockett on Thursday responded to an e-mail sent to Dolo Productions, which produced the video. He said the “offensive/fake” video was shot “for art” for Halloween last year, and another user put it online, prompting Mr. Crockett to take it down.

He confirmed that it is Mr. Smich in the video, and described him as “the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs,” and who “always helped out whoever he could.”

Mr. Crockett said on his YouTube account that he was the man who was tied up and being tortured in the video, and the video was his own idea.

Mr. Crockett said he stands behind his friends, and added that he has not seen Mr. Smich in three months.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ree-murder-in-tim-bosma-case/article12090623/

There is clearly a big difference between killing someone to steal their property and sadistically butchering a person for sexual / perverse thrills. There is no evidence to suggest that these guys planned this murder or get off on this type of thing, that's all I'm saying. Jumping to this conclusion or even theorizing about it (without any basis for doing so) is just fantasy, and it's kind of weird if you ask me.

They murdered an innnocent man for his truck.

They burned that man's body beyond recognition.

And, at no time did they ever come forward to turn themselves in.

What's the fantasy about, Ernesto?

In this digital age, we see how prolific the younger generation is with filming everything, pictures or video. So, it's not as wild of a suggestion as it used to be in the past, that of filming a murder.

JMO

True, except there's a problem. To be callous about it, the inside of a truck in the dark of night would present a difficult filming challenge, imo

Anyone have the MSM links that described DM's Oakville residence being converted into a '24 hour party place'? These articles mentioned giant fishtanks and multiple TV's and game consoles. It would be very interesting to see where that house was located in relation to where MS was living. Almost a no-brainer (IMO) for how a rich kid with bought friends would meet a jobless slacker/druggie.

Another frustrating observation occurs to me about the evidence. If the perps were smart enough to turn off Tim's phone almost immediately, how could they be stupid enough to leave so much evidence scattered across DM's properties? I know some will say "they didn't plan on getting caught", but come on.. that is not a good enough answer. If this was your plan, and you knew well enough to turn the phone off, you'd know that having any of this stuff anywhere near your property would be a bad, bad idea, no matter what.

Then where would they put it?? Were they supposed to park the truck/trailer in a strangers lane way...? I'm pretty sure someone would notice a random vehicle on their property and would investigate it immediately. Were they supposed to try and dispose of a body in an unfamiliar area and be discovered red handed?

Of course they would put the truck on their property, how is that a bad idea compared to just leaving to somewhere randomly? At least on your property you have a sense of control.

And how is them not planning on getting caught not a good enough answer? Obviously they didn't think would, why would they go through with a crime if they thought they would be caught? Murderers get lazy afterwards. This is very, very common.

Also, in this modern age, knowing to turn a cellphone off to prevent being traced is not rocket science. My nephew knows that you can track people through their IPhones and he's 6.

Hey All, New here but have been following the case since it started and have been reading these treads almost non stop since yesterday and just got around now to registering. After reading most of the posts I thought I would share some info about the truck it self that may be of interest to some, I am a Dodge (Cummins Diesel) nut and know pretty much everything about them from 1989 when the Cummins diesel was first shoe horned under the hood right up to the current models which I actually just bought a few months ago.

Unlike any other make or model of truck these Cummin's powered trucks are different in that there are major motor changes in certain half years which can, and does make them very desirable. Here is a run down of some changes thru the years

1989-was the introduction of the 5.9L Cummins to the Dodge Trucks
1993.5 was the intro introduction to inline "P-pump" (diesel injection pump and is the most desirable of all the fuel systems)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements)
1994 was the introduction of the new body style 2nd Generation trucks which still ran the "P-Pump" until 1998
1998-the body style stayed the same but they introduced the Quad Cab (4 doors instead of 2) This is the most rare of all Dodge Cummins trucks having the "quad cab" and the P-Pump and if you are lucky enough to have a 5 speed manual truck, that truck is known to all diesel nuts as the "holly grail" as the horsepower was increased for that 1/2 a year if it had a 5-speed manual transmission.
1998.5 was the introduction of a very undesirable injection pump called the VP44)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements) the truck still had the 2nd Generation body
2003- was the change to the 3rd Generation body (the style of TB's truck) and again due to emissions changes the motor had a fuel system change to a "common rail, high pressure injection system. (there was issues in the first few model years of this generation with the drivetrain not holding up to the power of the motor and the later years are by far the most desirable)
2007.5-although the truck still had the 3rd Generation body, the entire motor was changed to something all new due to emission changes yet again. This new motor was the 6.7L Cummins Turbo diesel and had MANY MANY issues of the motor because of the emissions equipment of the truck and is probably the least desirable Cummins powered dodge trucks of all time.
2010-brought the current 4th Generation body style and a very revamped fuel/emissions system.

I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them. It is quite possible that the other truck DM and MS took for the test drive the day before was non a 2007 but a 2007.5 (the LE did say that the previous test drive was a newer model!) and if that truck wasn't on there hit list than it was no use going any further with it and they started to look elsewhere!

I am sure if this theory was true they had a chance to make some major fast money and would only have had to get TB out of the truck and a quick short trip to the container loading docks along the lake....TB being the guy he was and taking pride of his belongings probably put up a fight and that's where he met his fate.

As far as a few other answers to a few posts on here....
-These dodge trucks only have a bench seat in the rear...no bucket seats although the seat does flip up giving access to storage under the seat.

-As far as the incinerator goes...although it would need power to run the blowers and thermostat, the amount of watt's required to run it would be very minimal and there are VERY VERY quite gas generators available such as ones you will see RV's having that make next to no noise. With this combination, you would have a hard time hearing it run from even a few hundred feet away...put a wooded area into the mix and that distance would become even shorter!

Thanks for all the great info previous to this and lets hope an end to this madness happens soon and all those involved are behind bars!

RyeGuy#1

Anyone have the MSM links that described DM's Oakville residence being converted into a '24 hour party place'? These articles mentioned giant fishtanks and multiple TV's and game consoles. It would be very interesting to see where that house was located in relation to where MS was living. Almost a no-brainer (IMO) for how a rich kid with bought friends would meet a jobless slacker/druggie.

That was referring to his Etobicoke home:

His Maple Gate home, which police searched after his arrest, was completely customized as a party pad where he and his friends could relax and have fun, featuring a large aquarium stocked with fish and turtles, said Mr. Ménardo.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

They murdered an innnocent man for his truck.

They burned that man's body beyond recognition.

And, at no time did they ever come forward to turn themselves in.

What's the fantasy about, Ernesto?

Good grief, thank God! Simple, yet true! I'm gonna back meadsipper on this 100%. You are all good sleuths, but facts are facts and sometimes you just gotta look straight at what you have.

have we ever been told how the phone was found? was it found because of the searches that were conducted by LE as to where the truck was last seen in Brantford, tower pings etc? I dont recall someone turning in the phone or calling LE about the phone..I was under the presumption that it was found during all the searches LE did combing different areas? any links on references to how the phone was found?

I don't have a link just now, so I'll hunt. But it's my understanding that a woman found the phone, with the battery not far from it. She replaced the battery in the phone and called the preset for "home". Whomever answered the phone at TBs residence notified police. It was found in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn, from what I understand.

I'll try to find the source now and repost when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro