Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure when he was killed but am very curious what happened that it took 20 minutes to travel a mile. They had to be stopped somewhere & maybe restrained him at this time?

Last night there was an average of 1,000 people viewing this thread all night, around 100 members. Tonight there has been 400-500 people viewing the thread.

We welcome new members and encourage our guests to join in with their thoughts and contributions.

We are especially interested in sleuthing out the third suspect, and specifically finding relevant things to the online footprints of the suspects.

Has anyone found anymore email addresses, usernames or forums that both the accused frequented?

Just a question for the sake of clarification... I have never read or seen that it required electricity to operate it... it has a Propane tank and that is the source and I believe (don't quote me) an "ignition" switch. Did you read or see that it requires electricity?

Thanks! :)

Maybe you can go to the manufacturer's website and do some research, but I would think that an incinerator such as this would require a blower of some sort in order to induce a draft to achieve the required burn temperature.

"these animals must die", agreed. Capital punishment should be an option for the public in this case, that way the lawyers representing the alleged would be more serious with their clients. For both of them to plead "not guilty" would only mean they are going for a lessor charge of manslaughter and why not? 1rst degree murder means 25 years in prison and manslaughter means they could be out in 10. Pleading guilty to manslaughter is like bargaining for either 10 or 25 years in prison, but if they had to chose between proving manslaughter against their lives it would be a different story, and maybe it would put the *advertiser censored**in' fear back into murderers here.

I know this can quickly divide the crowd but IMO:

Capital Punishment is NOT the answer.

Say what you will but for me, even a chance of executing 1 innocent person out of 10,000 is too much. Its all fine and dandy until that happens to your friend/relative/etc. I personally don't have that experience with my friends or family, but a death sentence cannot be taken back when you find out you killed the wrong person.

For the record, i have followed this case from day 1 and want the harshest punishment for the guilty parties, period. Just not the death penalty!

Secondary problem is the cost of executing someone, the endless appeals, the millions wasted on death-row inmate(s). Forget that, put them in a dark hole somewhere and feed them water with crackers for 45+ years.

I think you're wrong. It makes more sense for the truck to be the target, with a planned staged carjacking gone wrong.

with DM driving, he would be (willingly) forced off the road, then carjacked. DM, TB, and MS get out of the Ram, and someone from the Yukon jumps into the Ram, and both cars drive off.

then there was no reason for DM and MS to ever hide their identities, because they look innocent. it's only the people in the Yukon that were only seen briefly that look guilty.

same goes for sunday, because they always planned to look like victims.

My guess is TB fought back and somehow got hurt. maybe he jumped in front of one of the cars hoping it would stop, or a gun goes off by mistake, or a stun gun hits him, and we find out he has a heart issue (a stretch for someone who works a farm, but not impossible). or maybe they thought he was just hurt badly, so they threw him into one of the cars (back of the Ram?) to drive off and figure out what to do.

From there things get sloppy. DM knows he has places to hide things and an incinerator.

wasn't there mention of burnt ground at the farm? maybe not burning TB, but burning the truck seat, then burying the steel frame with the excavator that was taken from the farm.

the rest again is sloppy because it was never planned. maybe they figured they'd put the truck into the trailer, store it for a while, paint it red, swap the VIN and some parts from the old dually Ram they used to go to Baja. wouldn't even the engine match? i seem to remember someone saying that at one point.

much more likely than a 'thrill kill'. JMO, and all that...

Good thoughts.

I especially like your point about the excavator being used to bury the burned car seat(s).

BTW, I never said "thrill kill", I don't like that phrase and it is tossed around far too loosely, imo.

In the afternoon video release, after the death had been confirmed in the morning... LE MK was asked by a reporter... (@ 14:43) "In the Etobicoke case (1st Test Drive) do you think they were looking for Bosma and his truck when they took the test drive?"

Response: "Absolutely Not"

And I searched several articles, all had this exact quote:
A police source told CBC News that investigators believe Bosma may have been killed as the result of an attempted carjacking. The same police source said that Bosma's truck was found with seats missing. A spokesperson for Hamilton police wouldn't comment on this information.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

I am sure I did hear it else where, not read it in MSM... one of the videos but, I am just tired.

Nite ;)

In the afternoon video release, after the death had been confirmed in the morning... LE MK was asked by a reporter... (@ 14:43) "In the Etobicoke case (1st Test Drive) do you think they were looking for Bosma and his truck when they took the test drive?"

Response: "Absolutely Not"

And I searched several articles, all had this exact quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

I am sure I did hear it else where, not read it in MSM... one of the videos but, I am just tired.

Nite ;)

CBC News tweeted the news before they wrote up the article, tweet was "truck found with seats missing"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9438043&postcount=662"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9438043&postcount=662[/ame]

Hi all , new guy here , I live 10 mins from Tim Bosma , I used to be a P I some time ago , and as I live so close Ive been following this case real close ,

Ive been tryin to put the people and places together ,but with the ban on most everything ,its hard to put the pcs even remotely close together..

when they told us the name of 2nd arrested guy , I googled him and that's how I found this site . kool site ..

When they arrested D M I looked on facebook but I guess had already been taken down , Did any 1 manage to get pics from his F B page ..

I am assuming they were looking for M S since they found the truck and processed it and got prints.. This guy had to know cops were coming for him, what was he thinking, something don't seem right there.
Now their both pleading innocent and not singing .
MILLARD has tons of coin , yet he stayed around going about his business, owned airline , could have flown anywhere , but didn't .
Who was this 3rd or 4th guy , were they the ring leaders , I don't believe a word of this thrill kill crap ,

Ok now you got 2 guys in jail, none talking , cops have a hell of a job as they have to try to piece together a case when no 1 talking , and even when go to court police and D A have to put together a s story with proof /
and keep in mind if they don't take the stand and no 1 talks, all the D A has is what they they think went down ,

Now we know the police have a lot more then they are sayin , but I think if they knew 3 rd or 4 th person , they would have them by now , or go public with persons of interest direction .

This case is a box of worms ,think murder charges put forth to hold without bail. If im a jury , you better sell the the story with proof, how did he die , how do you know he died in truck , out of the 3 or 4 people , who killed him ,was he taken directly to Cambridge farm , was he put in the incinerator that night....were the people in the 2 trucks that night in contact via texts or calls , im sure cops tracked their cells after the fact , maybe gps in the trucks . if so where are the person in the 2nd truck , surely had cell ,did they stop for gas , where in Brantford did they get rid of tims cellphone , did they stop the trucks and dispose of it or just toss out the window ,
Now the incinerator , we don't really know how bad of condition tims body was in , they just said charred remains, was tim shot , they havnt said, did any of 2 in custody own guns, they not sayin, did they find a bullet, they said blood in truck , that says to me stabbed or shot , unless some 1 talkin and we aint hearing..

We might not ever hear the true story , and even if do , its a he said she said thing , 3 or 4 people sayin the other guy did it , cops and d a have to sell their cases or this case is botched, cases reduced , some could walk ,

I know 1 post here for me , but I realyl don't think im to far out on thing ive said here , interested on hearing your thots and ideas here..

thanx all Shaky Pi

I think the LE are Professionals and well trained enough, with a lot of resources available to do their jobs adequately. I'm sure they have a lot more than they're saying due to the sensitivity of the matter, as well ensuring nothing come out until disclosure is complete.

My biggest question in all this is, was MS in the Truck with DM? or driving the following vehicle? prints in DM's vehicle maybe?

Maybe you can go to the manufacturer's website and do some research, but I would think that an incinerator such as this would require a blower of some sort in order to induce a draft to achieve the required burn temperature.

Two times I went to look at the manufacturer's site... its the "option" side of the items they sell.... we do not know if DM had any of these on the one he purchased... without knowing that... its an edumacated guess ;)

I think the LE are Professionals and well trained enough, with a lot of resources available to do their jobs adequately. I'm sure they have a lot more than they're saying due to the sensitivity of the matter, as well ensuring nothing come out until disclosure is complete.

My biggest question in all this is, was MS in the Truck with DM? or driving the following vehicle? prints in DM's vehicle maybe?

LE named the second person in TB's truck as Suspect #2 which they announced was MS. Suspect #3 was in the Yukon

Unfortunately DM was driving his Yukon around for 4 days after the murder: the evidence in the Yukon would have been contaminated

I know this can quickly divide the crowd but IMO:

Capital Punishment is NOT the answer.

Say what you will but for me, even a chance of executing 1 innocent person out of 10,000 is too much. Its all fine and dandy until that happens to your friend/relative/etc. I personally don't have that experience with my friends or family, but a death sentence cannot be taken back when you find out you killed the wrong person.

For the record, i have followed this case from day 1 and want the harshest punishment for the guilty parties, period. Just not the death penalty!

Secondary problem is the cost of executing someone, the endless appeals, the millions wasted on death-row inmate(s). Forget that, put them in a dark hole somewhere and feed them water with crackers for 45+ years.

Give me a break! I said that Capital Punishment would make the lawyers more serious about what plea their clients would enter. Cost? Believe me a two or three year drag out on this case with these two would probably cost more to the public than the appeals. Besides, even with a manslaughter conviction, how do you know they won't appeal anyway and add more costs? How about preventative maintenance? If you knew you could DIE by the public's conviction against murder, don't you think less murders would happen? And also, don't you have faith in new technology to prove without a doubt that someone has commited murder? Don't you agree that our technological advances have improved substancially over the last 20 years?

was just thinking could that photo of DM from his steam profile with the bullet wound to the eye, may that have been a Halloween photo? putting the date back to October?

looks like the first application of blood was maybe too large and wiped off and reapplied.

JMO - I feel this photo is from a number of years ago, when you look at things like his facial hair (stubble) and eyebrows compared to very recent pictures its seem he is a younger man i'd say 20-22 yrs old. Also you can see it is make-up and not digital as there is a slight reddish circle below the red make-up with a longer "drip" that goes down his face, looks like it was redone and wiped away or something.

My brother and I ate chocolate hamster treats as kids. (I don't imagine they were made of the highest-grade chocolate available, but they tasted fine to us and did no harm.)

Hey...so did I. I also ate dog treats. And here I thought I was the only one.

Keep in mind this isn't official from LE. A "police source" told the CBC that seats (plural) had been removed, without specifying front seats, back seats, or all seats

The seats were removed, an ambiguous release. Several possibilities:

All the seats were removed, because the truck was going to stripped down for the parts -- engine, tranny, etc. -- and the culprits wanted only the parts important to them.

All the seats were removed because they were all soiled with evidence of a struggle.

Some seats were removed because they were soiled with evidence of a struggle, and LE doesn't want which seats to be known for reasons critical to the investigation.

Here is one thing I have to say about the "artistic" killing video.

The WORST thing MS friend ever could have done was draw attention to that video.

I can just hear Millard's defense attorney bringing it up over and over during the trial, to defend his client.

We seen it with Derstine against TLM in the Rafferty trial. Over and over the lyrics of the Gansta raps, the online crap, all the facebook stuff. We WILL see this stuff in the trial of these 2 accused, I can guarantee it.

He played “the killer” in a disturbing online video, a Dexter-like character who butchers his victim in a plastic-lined room. That was fiction. This is reality: his feet in shackles, he shuffles into the prisoner’s box and reluctantly stands when asked to do so by the justice of the peace and hears aloud that he is the second man formally charged with the chilling, senseless first-degree murder of Tim Bosma.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/killer-video-for-bosma-accused

Please provide a link to "who" says Tim was dead by the time they reached the farm. I haven't heard that at all.

Hi wonder girl , I had heard that on news or read in tor sun , I hope I heard right , but swear heard this..
If you think bout it , what would they do with him , im sure having living hostage definatly not part of the plan..

some 1 else said they thought some 1 else jumped in tims truck from Yukon ,if that's the case , now theres a 4th person involved.

Does anyone here hold the opinion that, given the filmmaking and photographic interest of DM and MS, there is possible photographic and/or video footage of this crime somewhere?

If you knew you could DIE by the public's conviction against murder, don't you think less murders would happen?

There is no conclusive evidence that capital punishment deters crime. Do some research, and you'll see that both sides of the debate have done legitimate studies on this question, and all of it is at odds. My opinion? People don't think about the consequences for murder for one of two reasons - they are doing it in a fit of passion, or they have planned it and believe they'll get away with it.

Here is one thing I have to say about the "artistic" killing video.

The WORST thing MS friend ever could have done was draw attention to that video.

The same "friend" tweeted the video url repeatedly, created a "Free Mark Smich" FB page, and generally drew all sorts of attention to himself.

Then he deleted his FB page, the FB page of his production company, his twitter, etc. etc. funny thing is he left up his web store, angry seeds dot com, and if you go there you'll see why that's worth a giggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06