Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the MSM links that described DM's Oakville residence being converted into a '24 hour party place'? These articles mentioned giant fishtanks and multiple TV's and game consoles. It would be very interesting to see where that house was located in relation to where MS was living. Almost a no-brainer (IMO) for how a rich kid with bought friends would meet a jobless slacker/druggie.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/17/dellen-millard-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-death-was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

Hey All, New here but have been following the case since it started and have been reading these treads almost non stop since yesterday and just got around now to registering. After reading most of the posts I thought I would share some info about the truck it self that may be of interest to some, I am a Dodge (Cummins Diesel) nut and know pretty much everything about them from 1989 when the Cummins diesel was first shoe horned under the hood right up to the current models which I actually just bought a few months ago.

Unlike any other make or model of truck these Cummin's powered trucks are different in that there are major motor changes in certain half years which can, and does make them very desirable. Here is a run down of some changes thru the years

1989-was the introduction of the 5.9L Cummins to the Dodge Trucks
1993.5 was the intro introduction to inline "P-pump" (diesel injection pump and is the most desirable of all the fuel systems)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements)
1994 was the introduction of the new body style 2nd Generation trucks which still ran the "P-Pump" until 1998
1998-the body style stayed the same but they introduced the Quad Cab (4 doors instead of 2) This is the most rare of all Dodge Cummins trucks having the "quad cab" and the P-Pump and if you are lucky enough to have a 5 speed manual truck, that truck is known to all diesel nuts as the "holly grail" as the horsepower was increased for that 1/2 a year if it had a 5-speed manual transmission.
1998.5 was the introduction of a very undesirable injection pump called the VP44)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements) the truck still had the 2nd Generation body
2003- was the change to the 3rd Generation body (the style of TB's truck) and again due to emissions changes the motor had a fuel system change to a "common rail, high pressure injection system. (there was issues in the first few model years of this generation with the drivetrain not holding up to the power of the motor and the later years are by far the most desirable)
2007.5-although the truck still had the 3rd Generation body, the entire motor was changed to something all new due to emission changes yet again. This new motor was the 6.7L Cummins Turbo diesel and had MANY MANY issues of the motor because of the emissions equipment of the truck and is probably the least desirable Cummins powered dodge trucks of all time.
2010-brought the current 4th Generation body style and a very revamped fuel/emissions system.

I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them. It is quite possible that the other truck DM and MS took for the test drive the day before was non a 2007 but a 2007.5 (the LE did say that the previous test drive was a newer model!) and if that truck wasn't on there hit list than it was no use going any further with it and they started to look elsewhere!

I am sure if this theory was true they had a chance to make some major fast money and would only have had to get TB out of the truck and a quick short trip to the container loading docks along the lake....TB being the guy he was and taking pride of his belongings probably put up a fight and that's where he met his fate.

As far as a few other answers to a few posts on here....
-These dodge trucks only have a bench seat in the rear...no bucket seats although the seat does flip up giving access to storage under the seat.

-As far as the incinerator goes...although it would need power to run the blowers and thermostat, the amount of watt's required to run it would be very minimal and there are VERY VERY quite gas generators available such as ones you will see RV's having that make next to no noise. With this combination, you would have a hard time hearing it run from even a few hundred feet away...put a wooded area into the mix and that distance would become even shorter!

Thanks for all the great info previous to this and lets hope an end to this madness happens soon and all those involved are behind bars!

RyeGuy#1

Welcome, RyeGuy, awesome first post......are you sure we can't change your name to DodgeGuy?! Well, Rye and Dodges go hand in hand, some might say, lol.

Fantastic info about the emissions and the history of the Cummins Diesel. Very useful. Thanks!

Don't kid your self, once they had truck , they went into panic mode, driving round with a dead guy or a live hostage, it was like let's get to the farm. Think reality set in, okay. Now we got a stolen truck and at the very least a man being held hostage, I do think at somepoint joined by person from Yukon, I do think 4th person..
I do think Tim killed in trucks reported, shot stabbed...think blood on seat and that's y seat. Removed as reported here earlier..
Tim was something of an inconvenience, they were under knife, figured wife called cops.they on road with a hostage or a dead guy and a hot truck..
Jmo. But I truly believe from when thisstarted at 940 pm. , it was just over an hour and theywere at farm..

If wereyou, would you panic,would you tryto get this hot truck and a dead guy off the road, think about it people, they thought they pulled perfect crime...get the truck. And get to farm right away...unfortunately I think killing guy part of plan, they could have dumped him interest sticks any timealong the way....

I'm not stopping for a burger,not stopping to video anything,,I'm getting to that farm.

That's just me people. Shaky

There are ZERO mentions of this online, as far as I can find. Google "bosma cell battery" or "bosma phone battery" and you won't find a single hit. I'd like to know where this info came from too.

Exactly! This has been so annoying everytime i read this on the threads...this is rumour and not confirmed by any MSM or LE ....and if I am wrong perhaps we should have the link to the confirmation posted. Just trying to stick to the facts. JMO

Don't kid your self, once they had truck , they went into panic mode, driving round with a dead guy or a live hostage, it was like let's get to the farm. Think reality set in, okay. Now we got a stolen truck and at the very least a man being held hostage, I do think at somepoint joined by person from Yukon, I do think 4th person..
I do think Tim killed in trucks reported, shot stabbed...think blood on seat and that's y seat. Removed as reported here earlier..
Tim was something of an inconvenience, they were under knife, figured wife called cops.they on road with a hostage or a dead guy and a hot truck..
Jmo. But I truly believe from when thisstarted at 940 pm. , it was just over an hour and theywere at farm..

If wereyou, would you panic,would you tryto get this hot truck and a dead guy off the road, think about it people, they thought they pulled perfect crime...get the truck. And get to farm right away...unfortunately I think killing guy part of plan, they could have dumped him interest sticks any timealong the way....

I'm not stopping for a burger,not stopping to video anything,,I'm getting to that farm.

That's just me people. Shaky

I don't think there was any blood. If he was making enough of a commotion inside the truck, there would have been blood everywhere, including all over the windows. They drove through the downtown of Brantford, and would have had spatter all over the windows - that's something I would notice on a passing vehicle. If they were in that much of a hurry to get to the farm, they wouldn't have gone that way. They would have followed Trinity road (where Tim lives) north to highway 8 and the back roads to the farm or airport. No one in a hurry drives through the downtown of Brantford. It's like going to Detroit from Toronto via Buffalo, Ohio, etc. It's the long way.
If they were looking to sell the truck, having tons of blood in it wouldn't be good, as it would need to be cleaned really well so that it wouldn't stink. If TB had cloth seats in the truck, they would hold skin, hair and bodily liquids released upon death - it would have to go. I think he was suffocated/strangled. He would have been flailing and his steel toe boots would have left dents all over the interior.

Exactly! This has been so annoying everytime i read this on the threads...this is rumour and not confirmed by any MSM or LE ....and if I am wrong perhaps we should have the link to the confirmation posted. Just trying to stick to the facts. JMO

I wonder if this story came from someone on the "inside" such as a police officer that someone knows. I know a couple of city police, but I don't know if they would say anything to me about the case. It may also have been on the radio - I don't know if they post transcripts of their broadcasts on the internet.

hmm...

I've been reading the posts for a while now, and apologies if I missed out on this, but something has been on my mind for a long time...

Both DM and MS (MS especially) had plenty of time to hide. Whether killing TB was premeditated or unplanned, it's evident they tried to get rid of the evidence (truck in trailer, burning of body, etc). Next step would be to hide in hopes that LE doesn't catch you, right?

Even if we argue that they didn't think they were going to get caught - after the arrest of DM, MS surely knew that LE was onto something and would have attempted to hide somewhere.

All JMO, but I am still somewhat for the theories of organized crime.

Yes, we should have the link posted. This is an excellent example of why links are so important. Had someone alerted on this in the beginning, it never would have gone this far. I'm going to try to trace it back through the threads now and get it straightened out once and for all.

I don't think there was any blood. If he was making enough of a commotion inside the truck, there would have been blood everywhere, including all over the windows. They drove through the downtown of Brantford, and would have had spatter all over the windows - that's something I would notice on a passing vehicle. If they were in that much of a hurry to get to the farm, they wouldn't have gone that way. They would have followed Trinity road (where Tim lives) north to highway 8 and the back roads to the farm or airport. No one in a hurry drives through the downtown of Brantford. It's like going to Detroit from Toronto via Buffalo, Ohio, etc. It's the long way.
If they were looking to sell the truck, having tons of blood in it wouldn't be good, as it would need to be cleaned really well so that it wouldn't stink. If TB had cloth seats in the truck, they would hold skin, hair and bodily liquids released upon death - it would have to go. I think he was suffocated/strangled. He would have been flailing and his steel toe boots would have left dents all over the interior.

Windows and hard surfaces, easily cleaned. Cloth seats, not so easy as any liquids pass through cloth to the underlying foam.

IMO, MS sounds defiant. Like he can't be bothered to show respect to the court (hands in his pockets, etc).

No, I think he got caught, and now that he's sober, is finally realizing what kind of trouble he's in! "Cowering in the prisoner's box" doesn't sound defiant - sounds scared. His other crimes weren't like this one. :jail:

Windows and hard surfaces, easily cleaned. Cloth seats, not so easy as any liquids pass through cloth to the underlying foam.

There are lots of cracks and seams - vents, radio, speakers in the door - lots of places you couldn't put a pressure washer. Blood would dry in there and stink (depending on quantity) - any tissue would stink, too. ick...

There have been a few references to Dexter, the tv show. In it's defense, I would like to say that I LOVE that show! It's so fascinating! I watched the whole first season on Netflix in 2 days - it was quite the rush! I am in no way a murderer, or have murderous tendencies. I have never fantasized about reenacting anything I see on that show. It takes a pre-disposition to this kind of violence. My best friend's son plays Call of Duty and Modern Warfare. He has played for a few years and is now only 14. He is very passive and loves to read. He plays hockey but won't play on a team where there is much body contact. He is not pre-disposed to violence. COD and MW are just games to him. He knows the difference between a game and reality. And he's a kid. Blaming someone's behaviour on video games, tv shows, rap music or whatever is a copout for the criminal. :twocents:

No, I think he got caught, and now that he's sober, is finally realizing what kind of trouble he's in! "Cowering in the prisoner's box" doesn't sound defiant - sounds scared. His other crimes weren't like this one. :jail:

from the reports from the courtroom reporters, he was "agitated and looking sick" COMING DOWN OFF DRUGS I would suspect!??! No doubt he seemed like a wannabe .

Just a thought....LE seemed very confident that there is no" public risk" during the presser regarding the arrest of suspect 2 MS. Earlier pressers LE stated that the driver of the vehicle that followed TB's truck as it left that fateful day was driven by suspect 3 and possibly more suspects....(I believe they said they could not tell if there was more than one person in that vehicle). The most recent presser did not mention any other suspects other than suspect 3....no more mention of more than one outstanding suspect. Also at earlier presser prior to MS being arrested LE stated clearly "she or he" meaning that a female may be involved.
What is curious to me is:
why the certainity that the public is not longer at risk since MS arrest?
why is there only talk of a single outstanding suspect when previously it was stated that there were at least 3 suspects (I think they said they could not tell how many people were in the vehicle that followed TB truck)
and finally the "she" pronoun has not been used since the presser when they gave that information.
Do they know who this person is? are they waiting for forensics from the now identified Yukon that trailed TB's vehicle? During the presser yesterday LE spent the first several minutes discussing how that vehicle has been thoroughly processed and they will have results in time....and towards the end they encouraged suspect 3 to turn themselves in. I just wonder if anyone else thinks that they know who this person is and are just waiting on forensics? JMO

There have been a few references to Dexter, the tv show. In it's defense, I would like to say that I LOVE that show! It's so fascinating! I watched the whole first season on Netflix in 2 days - it was quite the rush! I am in no way a murderer, or have murderous tendencies. I have never fantasized about reenacting anything I see on that show. It takes a pre-disposition to this kind of violence. My best friend's son plays Call of Duty and Modern Warfare. He has played for a few years and is now only 14. He is very passive and loves to read. He plays hockey but won't play on a team where there is much body contact. He is not pre-disposed to violence. COD and MW are just games to him. He knows the difference between a game and reality. And he's a kid. Blaming someone's behaviour on video games, tv shows, rap music or whatever is a copout for the criminal. :twocents:

Absolutely love that show as well. I haven't read the posts talking about it, but IMO there are other defects that lead someone to commit crimes like this. Movies, video games and music don't cause it.

WOW! slipped in the shower? grrr wish we could have seen the black eye ((they take a long time to heal and we'd be able to see how 'old it was' but I didn't see black eye in wedding photo -- did anyone else?)

:floorlaugh: Slipped in the shower while high on illegal drugs, JMO. We have not been privy to much information about MS yet but there could have been numerous ways in which he received a black eye. You can't see it in the wedding photo because it's possible make up was used. Who would want someone in their wedding party looking like a freak show? OR he could have received the black eye later that night of the wedding, drinking and celebrating and a clash of personalities? OR he received it when LE aprehended him the day of his arrest. Maybe he put up a fight with them or was knocked to the ground. OR maybe he got it from a cellmate, OR wasn't following orders in jail OR MS is a gangster wannabe, bad *advertiser censored* dude always looking for trouble and he found it recently. JMO

Millard's lawyer says posting bail is still a possibility, though bail would likely be set around $1 million and come with strict conditions, possibly including house arrest.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mark-smich-formally-charged-in-tim-bosma-murder-1.1293433#ixzz2UBTUvxg0

Well the way I picture it is this guy has been in trouble a lot more than we know about. Typically you can commit a crime many times before you actually get caught. I bet MS was a regular drug user, probably drove impaired many times but was never caught until this one time and probably did graffiti more than the one time in which he got caught. :moo:

:floorlaugh: BBM. DM getting bail?! Only in his or his lawyer's dreams. He won't get bail, no way, no how. It won't even be considered by the judge. Who are they trying to fool?! :floorlaugh:

According to court records, Smich has been in trouble with the law several times before, including drug charges in 2005, impaired driving charged in 2009 and a graffiti offence in 2012.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mark-smich-formally-charged-in-tim-bosma-murder-1.1293433#ixzz2UBUmx3H1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme