Suspect Drew Peterson #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully these type men have a different mindset. I have known of abusers, more than one, who may already be married to someone else, or dating someone else and STILL think of the woman who left them as their possessions. When he first met SP he was married to another beautiful woman, Kathleen. He didn't just walk away. He had to show KP that she would never get away with taking his children(his possessions) and all the money.
NOPE..sorry Mysticj..I strongly think he thought of all his wives as possessions.:blowkiss:

No prob...yes in the way you say I also believe that....I was thinking of his mindset that day. I do know what you speak of.

Drew wants Steve to have the guns..because he knows Steve will give him atleast one of them. He wants them because he wants everything that is his..remember he is a controller. He has to have everything his way. You know by the time the computers and cell phones were returned he had bought new ones..that wasn't the point..they were his and he wanted them back....So why doesn't he search for Stacy and want her back..because he knows that is not a possiblity..he murdered her and that is that.

That is the trueth.

The Chicago Tribune story of today's hearing:

Drew Peterson may be allowed to transfer his guns to son
Ex-cop may be allowed to transfer ownership to son Ex-cop suspected in wife's disappearance awaits transfer ruling

"Schoenstedt said he would issue his decision May 22."

more interesting is:

"Meanwhile on Tuesday, State Police Sgt. Thomas Burek said authorities remain confident the Stacy Peterson case will be solved.

"We're real comfortable in the way it's moving," he said. "We are confident that there will be an arrest."

Last fall, more than five dozen state police investigators were assigned to the case, and Burek said the size of the team remains the same.

Though he would not reveal where investigators have searched or are searching, Burek said there are no plans for major water searches."

Art thou sureth about that, Mysticj?;)

Susan

Since her reply was to my comment.. I guess I am wondering where you are left pondering rather not Drew is responsible for these deaths? What proof is there that he did not do this..do you believe that he is just an extremely unlucky, or very lucky man, depending on how you look at this?

Since her reply was to my comment.. I guess I am wondering where you are left pondering rather not Drew is responsible for these deaths? What proof is there that he did not do this..do you believe that he is just an extremely unlucky, or very lucky man, depending on how you look at this?

I was kidding Mysticj about spelling "truth" with an "e". I guess it didn't come across the way I meant it!

She wrote:

That is the trueth.

I am totally with you in my opinion of DrewP. I just hope we get intelligent people on the jury and a no nonsense judge.

Respectfully these type men have a different mindset. I have known of abusers, more than one, who may already be married to someone else, or dating someone else and STILL think of the woman who left them as their possessions. When he first met SP he was married to another beautiful woman, Kathleen. He didn't just walk away. He had to show KP that she would never get away with taking his children(his possessions) and all the money.
NOPE..sorry Mysticj..I strongly think he thought of all his wives as possessions.:blowkiss:

This is very true. And I do believe that DrewP thought of his wives as his possessions. But what do you do with a possession that isn't working as you would like, or that you are done with? You throw them away. But in throwing them away, the abuser decides....when, where and how.

Two wives or ex-wives having fatal accidents would attract attention. He would have to make Stacey's death different. The one thing that has always stood out for me is Kathleen saying that DrewP told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident. And that is what happened. Stacey made Cass promise to look for her if she came up missing. I believe she was told at some point that he could make her disappear.

On the surface, I too am surprised that he told that she left with a man. Him saying he was cuckholded???? Him saying that Stacey left with a man! But he had to make her disappearance believable. That could more easily be done by saying that she was having an affair and she left with him. Being believable was more important. So he took the shot in order to try to be safe.

And while publically he may say she left with a man, he knows she didn't. He isn't worried about what other people think. It is him. He doesn't have to think about her sleeping with another man. He doesn't have to see her with another man. He doesn't have to think about another man tucking his kids into bed at night or giving them piggy back rides. He also protects his other secret of Kathleen, he doesn't have to pay child support or alimony. He doesn't lose any of his pension or other assets. He threw out what was broken (both times). That is what he thought about IMO.

This is very true. And I do believe that DrewP thought of his wives as his possessions. But what do you do with a possession that isn't working as you would like, or that you are done with? You throw them away. But in throwing them away, the abuser decides....when, where and how.

Two wives or ex-wives having fatal accidents would attract attention. He would have to make Stacey's death different. The one thing that has always stood out for me is Kathleen saying that DrewP told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident. And that is what happened. Stacey made Cass promise to look for her if she came up missing. I believe she was told at some point that he could make her disappear.

On the surface, I too am surprised that he told that she left with a man. Him saying he was cuckholded???? Him saying that Stacey left with a man! But he had to make her disappearance believable. That could more easily be done by saying that she was having an affair and she left with him. Being believable was more important. So he took the shot in order to try to be safe.

And while publically he may say she left with a man, he knows she didn't. He isn't worried about what other people think. It is him. He doesn't have to think about her sleeping with another man. He doesn't have to see her with another man. He doesn't have to think about another man tucking his kids into bed at night or giving them piggy back rides. He also protects his other secret of Kathleen, he doesn't have to pay child support or alimony. He doesn't lose any of his pension or other assets. He threw out what was broken (both times). That is what he thought about IMO.

Mysteriew......................I agree with your synopsis. I think DP used the phrase "I can kill you and make it look like an accident" with the second wife too. I remember the second wife's daughter, Lisa Ward, mentioning that when Greta interviewed her.

I've always felt that DP didn't plan on killing Stacy that Sunday, October 28th, although he may have been thinking about it and was planning it out, his plans weren't finalized yet. I think Stacy was killed on the spur of the moment and in a fit of rage on that Sunday and DP had to think as he went along. Everything we know about his case has all the earmarks of a poorly carried out murder.

Had DP planned on killing Stacy, he would have made sure it was at a time when the two older boys were in school. He probably would have gotten her out of the house by suggesting that they get a babysitter and go out for lunch. Once he had her out of the house and in his car, he could take her anywhere........to a secluded place well out of town, and later would have a cover story to fit the circumstances.

I also feel that on that Sunday, October 28th, DP never imagined, not even in his wildest dreams, that Stacy's disappearance would attract the national media, and that Stacy's disappearance would result in Kathleen Savio's death being re-examined. These were things that he couldn't have known that day, and couldn't have planned on.

I think possibly he watched the Stebic case and learned how well that line worked. Lisa also "left with a mystery man".

You are right. He probably thought NO ONE could doubt the great DP! He would say it was so and they would believe him no questions asked. Life would go on without her and he would remarry very soon to get a "new mommy" for his children's care. Women are a convenience to him.

A man like Drew Peterson would tell (threaten) Stacy with, "I could kill you and your body would never be found." I really think that Drew had many scenarios planned out along with places. Drew is not worried about Stacy's body being found. Unless Cassandra messed up his plans, she won't be found. I think that the only hope is that he rushed and was not able to clean up all of the forensics. However, I suspect that he strangled her (got her in a chokehold).

Drew thinks all of this is fun. He thinks that he is smarter than everyone else. I really feel sorry for his kids, especially the two older ones.

I feel sorry for the kids too. I also think he thought about this quite a lot and how to carry it out, but did act in rage that Sunday morning.

We know Stacy was trying to get him to move out, she had his belongings packed in the garage. We know she said as much to both her sister and Sharon. We know she had spoken with Kathleen's divorce attorney and made an appointment for Monday.

What I believe happened is she told him to get out Sunday morning and not be there when she and the kids got back from painting. Her sister has said that Stacy was going to meet her sister's friend to paint the house their brother had been renting. She also said Stacy had planned on taking the kids with her that day. I think they argued, she gave him her ultimatum to be gone when they got home, and may have in anger even told him about the lawyers appointment she had set for Monday. He got mad and realized if he didn't do it now before she saw the lawyer and if they separated, he might not have another chance at such a convenient kill. If Cassandra hadn't been right on him, he may have had more time to take care of the details. Something was found in that house when the search was done that lead police to know that Stacy did not leave that Sunday of her own volition.

I wonder if DrewP found out about the appointment with the lawyer and knew it was with Kathleen's lawyer. He may have believed Stacy was going to confess to him what she knew about Kathleen's death so DrewP had to get rid of her before that happened. If only Stacy had not given him any warning. :(

VB

I agree with you Leila. I think it was a spur of the moment rage killing. It's amazing how many of these cases happen that way. I think Jessie Davis's murderer Bobby Cutts was in a rage also. I can think of many more but I know you all already can name them also.

A man like Drew Peterson would tell (threaten) Stacy with, "I could kill you and your body would never be found." I really think that Drew had many scenarios planned out along with places. Drew is not worried about Stacy's body being found. Unless Cassandra messed up his plans, she won't be found. I think that the only hope is that he rushed and was not able to clean up all of the forensics. However, I suspect that he strangled her (got her in a chokehold).

Drew thinks all of this is fun. He thinks that he is smarter than everyone else. I really feel sorry for his kids, especially the two older ones.

I think this is exactly what happened..........he got her in a choke hold and strangled her - quickly, before there were any sounds of a struggle.

DP was sloppy...........he hadn't intended on killing her that day and he had to think as he went along, and he left a lot of clues to his crime.

Like Delta Dawn and Vegas Bride suggested, I also feel that Stacy and DP argued that morning and she confronted him with an ultimatum. He learned that she had an appointment with Kathleen's attorney the next morning and that sent DP into a murderous rage. He feared she would divulge what she knew of him murdering Kathleen.

Like SeriouslySearching said, DP thought everyone would believe him - that Stacy had run off with another man. After all, he got away with Kathleen's murder and the "other man" story had worked for Craig Stebic. DP had friends that would help cover for him too, so he thought he could get away with it. If the news had stayed local, he might have been able to once again, get away with it. Of course, he didn't know then what lay ahead of him, with the national news media and re-examination of Kathleen's death.

And like CuriousityCat said, more often than not these murders happen in sudden rage, rather than being carefully planned.

The one thing that really worries me is DP's apparent confidence that Stacy won't be found. He's way too glib and self-assured.

On the other hand, he had to deal with an unplanned murder and make snap decisions, and I'm hoping he made a mistake with disposing of Stacy's body. I think she is in water - the missing diving weights from DP's garage are a big clue. I think he used these to weigh the container/body down. One of the pings from DP's cell phone places him near one of the canals, and that's another clue. But, he could have been meeting someone in that location too, and I do think DP had some help with the disposal of Stacy's body.

The one thing that makes me feel that this case will be resolved, is the statements we've heard from the ISP. They appear to be confident that the case will be resolved and an arrest made. I'm hoping they do have evidence of foul play and that will result in DP being indicted.

One additional thought about the ISP statement that Stacy didn't leave her home willingly, and that they have evidence. The missing nightstand.........although I believe, like so many here do, that DP got Stacy in a choke hold and strangled her, there could have been a brief struggle and in her attempt to break away from DP, she could have hit her head on the corner of the nightstand. DP could have strangled her on the bed. We all know that head wounds bleed a lot, and there could have been blood on the bed, bed frame, corner of the mattress, something that DP missed when he cleaned up.

A man like Drew Peterson would tell (threaten) Stacy with, "I could kill you and your body would never be found." .

IMHO, that's a pretty common statement by these abusers. We've seen others say the same thing and I've heard it said from someone I know that was abused.

All these guys think they're so smart and can outwit everyone else, including LE. They just don't get it. There's an MO. They fit right in the mold.

I can't wait until DP gets what's coming to him!:behindbar

JMHO
fran

Has it been determined that the gunshot going through the bedroom floor to the garage is factual? That Stacy was down there retrieving something from the freezer? If so, that could have been a warning to her that he meant what he said but she still pursued seeing a lawyer and wanting him out of the house. I think she felt somewhat confident that he wouldn't REALLY hurt her maybe because of the younger kids. But, he was more confident that he would hurt her. You can never second guess these kind of people as if they hurt someone once they are liable to do it again whenever they don't get their way.

I think his rage walks with him and it applies indiscriminately to anyone that goes against him.

Hi DeltaDawn,

I was saying what you said was true. I believe he did it.

Has it been determined that the gunshot going through the bedroom floor to the garage is factual? That Stacy was down there retrieving something from the freezer? If so, that could have been a warning to her that he meant what he said but she still pursued seeing a lawyer and wanting him out of the house. I think she felt somewhat confident that he wouldn't REALLY hurt her maybe because of the younger kids. But, he was more confident that he would hurt her. You can never second guess these kind of people as if they hurt someone once they are liable to do it again whenever they don't get their way.

I think his rage walks with him and it applies indiscriminately to anyone that goes against him.

I think the gunshot could have been either an attempt, but by missing then he planned to wait for a bit and make sure that blowed over, or it could have been a threat. But Stacy didn't start making plans to leave until Oct. and she went missing in Oct. I am thinking that after the shot, that DrewP may have told Stacy that he wouldn't ever shoot her. And I think that may have been when he told her that if he ever wanted to kill her that he would make sure she was never found. That may also have been when he started fantasizing about how to make her go missing.

I too think it was done out of rage on that Sunday, but I believe that he had fantasized about it. And in that fantasy he planned it out. So when it happened, I believe he fell back on that fantasy/plan. I also believe he had threatened it before.

And I do believe there was more than strangling. I believe there was blood. LE found something in that house. Strangling wouldn't have left too many clues. Blood would. How much blood, probably not enough to prove death, or he would most likely have been arrested by now. But some.

I am also beginning to believe that LE has something up their sleeves. First there was the officer's statement out of the blue, talking confidently, talking about a barrel. More recently the statement from the district attorney. They don't talk that way about a suspect, they don't accuse unless they have something solid. Personally I think the statements are hints to DrewP, just letting him know, maybe to make him nervous but they are sending him some message. I think they are just waiting for the GJ to indict him and I think they are confident of getting that indictment.

I think the gunshot could have been either an attempt, but by missing then he planned to wait for a bit and make sure that blowed over, or it could have been a threat. But Stacy didn't start making plans to leave until Oct. and she went missing in Oct. I am thinking that after the shot, that DrewP may have told Stacy that he wouldn't ever shoot her. And I think that may have been when he told her that if he ever wanted to kill her that he would make sure she was never found. That may also have been when he started fantasizing about how to make her go missing.

I too think it was done out of rage on that Sunday, but I believe that he had fantasized about it. And in that fantasy he planned it out. So when it happened, I believe he fell back on that fantasy/plan. I also believe he had threatened it before.

And I do believe there was more than strangling. I believe there was blood. LE found something in that house. Strangling wouldn't have left too many clues. Blood would. How much blood, probably not enough to prove death, or he would most likely have been arrested by now. But some.

I am also beginning to believe that LE has something up their sleeves. First there was the officer's statement out of the blue, talking confidently, talking about a barrel. More recently the statement from the district attorney. They don't talk that way about a suspect, they don't accuse unless they have something solid. Personally I think the statements are hints to DrewP, just letting him know, maybe to make him nervous but they are sending him some message. I think they are just waiting for the GJ to indict him and I think they are confident of getting that indictment.

Actually, I think this as well. There is blood evidence. Just like in the case of Theresa Parker...just a spot but in an unlikely place. No body, no crime doesn't apply.

If SP was rightly convicted with no blood, surely DP can be convicted of Stacey's death. Everyone in that town who knew Stacey, said she would never, ever abandon her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth