Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So are you saying the RAT that lived in Ft Walton is not our RAT?

My people search skills are pitiful. I dont have a clue but am willing to give it my best shot . Just got home and will start if someone lets me know if our RAT has been ruled out as him.

the rat in ft walton is not our rat

Hmmmmmm...don't serials sometimes purposely give out "clues" as part of the thrill of their "game"? I'm not suggesting sleuthing land owners with that name, wait a minute, maybe I am hahaha kidding. I do believe that name could be significant somehow.

A while back when I was checking out this name, I noticed many deceased by that name, so thought maybe that could be why he might have tried to assume one of those identities.

In Roseland and Madison Heights, in Nelson County, these are historical "landowners." The social stigma attached to the land is there also. This is yet another similarity to Morgan Harrington's case. If this family has a main historical family farm... that might be a place to search.

Wow, nice work, all of you.

Do we know for a fact he used that alias? Or when and under what circumstances?

I have yet to see a source. Was it found by someone who saw Breeden listed as an Alias on one of the charges/complaints.

I spent today pouring through the VA court records just to come up with this timeline:

10/2/1992 to 5/24/1993 NORFOLK, VA. 23513
5/1993-9/1996 JAIL
9/1996 to 4/7/2003 7 year Gap
4/7/2003 to 5/14/2003 LOVINGSTON, VA 22949
10/3/2003 to 10/23/2003 LOUISA, VA 23093
11/26/2003 RUCKERSVILLE, VA 22968
12/14/2003 to 8/14/2004 Charlottesville, VA
8/20/2004 to 7/17/2009 BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
5/28/2010 to 8/11/2010 Charlottesville, VA
9/12/2010 to 9/14/2011 BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
9/14/2011to 8/1/2013 RUCKERSVILLE, VA 22968
8/3/2013 to 8/12/2003 LOVINGSTON, VA 22949

Don't know where he was prior to 1993. That is as far back as the VA electronic records go
Don't know where he was for 7 years between 1996 and 2003. This guy does not have caps in his record.
You can also see that after the big arrests he often moves. Probably kicked out or lost his job?

both a rat & LB live/lived on 6th st in charlottesville

OK, I finally figured out this Breeden issue. The 29 Stalker is said to have used that name. I think someone jumped the gun and suggested that RAT has been proven to use that name. I think the most that can be verified is that RAT either rented from a 66 year man by that name or shared an apartment with him. Now if it turns out that RAT is responsible for any of the 29 Stalker attacks, then one might say that he once again used someone's name that was associated with him. Another way to point the finger at someone else who may just be the unlucky associate of this career criminal, RAT.

Let's say someone tried to point the finger at him, RAT, then he was probably prepared to make Mr L Breeden his patsy. Sound familiar?

OK, I finally figured out this Breeden issue. The 29 Stalker is said to have used that name. I think someone jumped the gun and suggested that RAT has been proven to use that name. I think the most that can be verified is that RAT either rented from a 66 year man by that name or shared an apartment with him. Now if it turns out that RAT is responsible for any of the 29 Stalker attacks, then one might say that he once again used someone's name that was associated with him. Another way to point the finger at someone else who may just be the unlucky associate of this career criminal, RAT.

Let's say someone tried to point the finger at him, RAT, then he was probably prepared to make Mr L Breeden his patsy. Sound familiar?

There are also quite a few Breedens living in Fluvanna county as well.

I spent today pouring through the VA court records just to come up with this timeline:

10/2/1992 to 5/24/1993 NORFOLK, VA. 23513
5/1993-9/1996 JAIL
9/1996 to 4/7/2003 7 year Gap
4/7/2003 to 5/14/2003 LOVINGSTON, VA 22949
10/3/2003 to 10/23/2003 LOUISA, VA 23093
11/26/2003 RUCKERSVILLE, VA 22968
12/14/2003 to 8/14/2004 Charlottesville, VA
8/20/2004 to 7/17/2009 BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
5/28/2010 to 8/11/2010 Charlottesville, VA
9/12/2010 to 9/14/2011 BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
9/14/2011to 8/1/2013 RUCKERSVILLE, VA 22968
8/3/2013 to 8/12/2003 LOVINGSTON, VA 22949

Don't know where he was prior to 1993. That is as far back as the VA electronic records go
Don't know where he was for 7 years between 1996 and 2003. This guy does not have caps in his record.
You can also see that after the big arrests he often moves. Probably kicked out or lost his job?

And what was his motivation for ending up in the rural mountains of SW VA and specifically a valley...for the most part.

I keep thinking he met someone while in prison and that this person had to have had ties to the Shenandoah Valley. Then it seems, RAT lies low during the critical years of the 29 Stalker. 1996-2003 is seven years off the radar.

One thing we know about that time frame. He had the son. If the child is now 14, that had to be some time between 1998 and 1999. Maybe he was straight and narrow for the first five years of his son's life and the early time with the mother of his child.

One thing we know about that time frame. He had the son. If the child is now 14, that had to be some time between 1998 and 1999. Maybe he was straight and narrow for the first five years of his son's life and the early time with the mother of his child.

That would be a fairly common pattern for a certain kind of serial killer. They go dormant when life's going well. Got out of jail in 96, got married fairly soon after, had the kid.

I can see RAT being involved in quite a number of disappearances/murders, but the pattern of his locations really doesn't overlap with either the Route 29 stuff or the Colonial Parkway murders. They're out of his territory. Whatever brought him to the Charlottesville area, he doesn't seem to have wandered very far since then.

That would be a fairly common pattern for a certain kind of serial killer. They go dormant when life's going well. Got out of jail in 96, got married fairly soon after, had the kid.

I can see RAT being involved in quite a number of disappearances/murders, but the pattern of his locations really doesn't overlap with either the Route 29 stuff or the Colonial Parkway murders. They're out of his territory. Whatever brought him to the Charlottesville area, he doesn't seem to have wandered very far since then.

I would still hope that LE looks into a possible connection between this man and Morgana Dana Harrington as the area, age and time frame all fit.

I would still hope that LE looks into a possible connection between this man and Morgana Dana Harrington as the area, age and time frame all fit.

They have DNA for Morgan's killer, so if he's the one, they'll know. They probably already know, but won't necessarily tell us.

BUT, he has stayed right on Rt 29 for nearly a decade or more. He has had nearly immediate access to I-64 from the 29 corridor and he has continued to travel to the Tidewater area or maintain some kind of connection to that tri-city area of Norfolk & Hampton/Hampton Roads, Newport News, Virginia Beach as well.

Just want to add, that his connection to the a man named Breeden (another big landowner name on adjacent properties to the Anchorage Farm) just raises my curiosity as it pertains to Morgan Harrington's case.

His connections to the other name, that of the complainant's name in the Charlottesville Assault case, makes me wonder. This surname also is connected to another major landowner in that area.

The deeper we get into this the more I believe that RAT may have been responsible for MH.

They have DNA for Morgan's killer, so if he's the one, they'll know. They probably already know, but won't necessarily tell us.

If it is not his DNA then I would still believe he could be an accomplice. Where MH was found, most everyone felt that more than one person was involved. Based on statements made by her mother, it sounded like more than one person left her covered in DNA. :(

BUT, he has stayed right on Rt 29 for nearly a decade or more. He has had nearly immediate access to I-64 from the 29 corridor and he has continued to travel to the Tidewater area or maintain some kind of connection to that tri-city area of Norfolk & Hampton/Hampton Roads, Newport News, Virginia Beach as well.

Just want to add, that his connection to the a man named Breeden (another big landowner name on adjacent properties to the Anchorage Farm) just raises my curiosity as it pertains to Morgan Harrington's case.

His connections to the other name, that of the complainant's name in the Charlottesville Assault case, makes me wonder. This surname also is connected to another major landowner in that area.

The deeper we get into this the more I believe that RAT may have been responsible for MH.

Yes, his locations stay tight to Route 29, but I don't think we have anything reliable that places him north of Culpeper or south of Lovingston. The Route 29 rapes and killing were mostly farther north. But he does resemble the one sketch pretty strongly.

I definitely think the Norfolk area needs to be investigated further, and also Richmond since he has to go through/past that to get to the Tidewater area. But Norfolk/Va Beach is south of the Colonial Parkway, and the victims were all couples, which doesn't fit with the two cases we know about.

I wish we knew more of his pre-1993 life. I hope LE has found out more than we have.

If it is not his DNA then I would still believe he could be an accomplice. Where MH was found, most everyone felt that more than one person was involved. Based on statements made by her mother, it sounded like more than one person left her covered in DNA. :(

Quite possible. They only released information about the one match, but if the other(s) didn't come up with a match, they would most likely not have said. They've kept most of that information very close to the vest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aideen24
Back