Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<there appears to be a typo in the tags, "alicia murphy"...can a mod please delete, thanks! :)>

How do you lose a house you own due to police harassment? I could see if you were renting, but if he was paying the bank on time or if he actually owned a place outright, how do you lose it because of the police?

Wasn't he living in a trailer park then? Maybe the rules are different there?

It's always someone else's fault. Who knows why he really lost his house?

How do you lose a house you own due to police harassment? I could see if you were renting, but if he was paying the bank on time or if he actually owned a place outright, how do you lose it because of the police?

Wasn't he living in a trailer park then? Maybe the rules are different there?

Police harassment > arrest for crimes he didn't commit > lost job > no income > can't pay bills; loses house; no place to live > son has to go live with mother and RAT starts serious downhill slide.

I haven't found any information as to whether he owned a trailer that was foreclosed on or whether he just couldn't afford rent for a decent place any more.

He may be guilty of the SC murder but the police were so far over the line dealing with him...scary.

There's that persistent rumor that the Route 29 stalker/Colonial Parkway killer/other rapes and murders in the region is in LE. It makes me wonder whether the guilty cop saw this guy with a really hinky story and decided to pin it on him. Not that I really think that. It'd make a good mystery story but in real life, conspiracy theories tend not to make it...

Police harassment > arrest for crimes he didn't commit > lost job > no income > can't pay bills; loses house; no place to live > son has to go live with mother and RAT starts serious downhill slide.

I haven't found any information as to whether he owned a trailer that was foreclosed on or whether he just couldn't afford rent for a decent place any more.

He may be guilty of the SC murder but the police were so far over the line dealing with him...scary.

There's that persistent rumor that the Route 29 stalker/Colonial Parkway killer/other rapes and murders in the region is in LE. It makes me wonder whether the guilty cop saw this guy with a really hinky story and decided to pin it on him. Not that I really think that. It'd make a good mystery story but in real life, conspiracy theories tend not to make it...

so along that line of thinking, maybe RAT put the fake police lights on his car to pretend like he was the cop, trying to pin the blame back onto him? and
so on....maybe they're working together. oh wait, maybe not

Just a guess but I think his DNA has been matched to another/other cold case/cases and possibly with that of another suspect.

Just a guess but I think his DNA has been matched to another/other cold case/cases and possibly with that of another suspect.

BBM 'splain how that happens, not being sarcastic, really want to know

There is an update to RAT's in Albermarle County Circuit Court - CR04017298-02 concerning future hearing dates and status (which is classified as active). The future hearing dates will probably be continued but one never knows.

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

The link may time out but the information can easily be retrieved by going to the Virginia Courts website.

We have spoken of Ultimate Bliss on several occasions yet another business was visited by investigators and named in news articles. That business, also on Angus Rd, was a convenience store, Quick Pix. Very little has been said about that location but possibly LE asked people not to speak on details before those employees spoke to the news outlets.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/2143806-12/arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-nelson-county.html
..."On Thursday, the FBI released photos of Murphy entering a gas station in Lovingston.

Two days later, the FBI confirmed it was showing pictures of people last seen with Murphy to business owners in the area. NBC 29 reported Saturday that agents had paid visits to Ultimate Bliss, an adult shop, and the Quick Pik convenience store, both of which are on Angus Road in Charlottesville.

FBI spokeswoman Dennette Rybiski said Sunday that the people in the photos are not suspects, but agents are trying to identify and locate them.

"These are stills ... from the videos that we have been collecting all week - people that apparently were in proximity to Alexis at some point - and they want to talk to them in the hopes of generating more information," Rybiski said..."

BBM 'splain how that happens, not being sarcastic, really want to know

Still considering the MH case. From suggestions made by her mother, there was more than one contributor of DNA left on MH's remains.

In addition, I suspect RAT might be related to or actually be "Sketch" (the person linked by DNA to MH's murder and the 2005 Fairfax County rape.)

Today, I was looking at the 2009 Miss Virginia USA re:the daughter of RAT's employee. She was awarded the title in October 2008 for the 2009 position. As it turns out, she is a graduate of a Westfield HS, Centerville, VA 2005 (Fairfax County, VA and just off Rt 50 and rt 28.) She later went on to study at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA.)

We are told that RAT worked off & on for about five years. That would put him there around the time the employer's daughter won the title. It was held at VIC Bristol, VA October 2009:
http://vic.edu/college-hosts-miss-virginia-usamiss-virginia-teen-usa/

Still considering the MH case. From suggestions made by her mother, there was more than one contributor of DNA left on MH's remains.

In addition, I suspect RAT might be related to or actually be "Sketch" (the person linked by DNA to MH's murder and the 2005 Fairfax County rape.)

I don't believe he could be the person, "Sketch", since that person is identified through DNA as black.

However, if there was in fact more than one contributor then who knows as far as him being involved at this point.

When it comes to AM, it's interesting though that he continues to state information about a"cornrow" man being there. Though he doesn't know him by name, he did have his lawyer present a picture of the man. He also stated they, he and the man, drank a beer (Icehouse) together as well and that the beer bottle was still in his camper/trailer...whatever you call it. That being the case, it would be interesting to know how the DNA plays into that tid bit of info.

OT: I've been to the websleuths forums for many years and FINALLY joined today. It wasn't for a lack of wanting to, but more due to the fact I didn't have the right type of email domain. Thought this would be as good of a place as any to start posting.

The Familial DNA case is not connected to RAT. They have his DNA to run, straight out from him, not family members.

I'm surprised the Judge let some of the hearing become public today. I am guessing it is because the minor (Alexis) is not yet found, and media attention. J&D cases are normally private from public to protect minors (and stupid family arguments they will regret later).

Still don't think Corn Row is real. I think RAT made it up, but that is just a thought. LE still has to follow through. All those cities looking for old cars with 22" rims, sigh. So sad for the waste of time, and the complete hatred every black male in that kind of car will develop. However, it must be.

I was pulled over once for a burned out tail light. My tail light was fine. This was when I lived in a small town. Had nothing to do with me at all, so I was told. I'll spare the rest of that story.

The Grand Jury date should not be continued (although any kind of delays can happen, Grand Juries are not the same as regular Court days, defense attorneys don't cancel due to conflict, they are simply not allowed in most states ). It is not a "Court Date for a Trial", it is a date for the Grand Jury to decide if there is a case based on whatever evidence and testimony is presented.

FBI went to all shops along the lane where Liberty Gas is, door to door, looking for video or witness identification. That is how they found RAT was at the adult toy store.

I hope all the LE agencies come up with something by September 26, or have more than we know already. I really do. They can't hold RAT forever on what little we know, even if he deserves it.

O/T I still think the DNA in the Morgan Harrington case is wrong. It was a party place, anyone could have picked up something, she was around loads of people and in an altercation. Just being where she was meant lots touching her without the altercation. That is all LE has and they must know it is flawed. I wish more for that case too.

:wagon: Aeronomy! Thanks for joining us and for sharing your insights!

A link to an article concerning the familial DNA which was reported on a few days ago in Virginia. I don't know if any of this information has anything to do with RAT but it is interesting nonetheless.

http://www.psmag.com/science/the-flaws-of-familial-dna-matching-64736/

fascinating, and IMO this is what they are being hush-hush about

, the net is being closed in, not only for RAT, but accomplice--who knows where his/her familial DNA will pop up and related to who knows?

Ultimate Bliss and the Quick Pix are in Charlottesville. The Liberty is in Lovingston...some 30 miles away. Some clue sent them to Ultimate Bliss and the other stores on Angus rd.

About his DNA, this may be the first time since the new laws became active that his DNA has been collected as well as submitted, tested and entered into the system. There is no reason to believe that he might not be related to someone with AA DNA.

For all we know, his DNA is the DNA that was used to run the unknown sample from MH's case against. At any rate, if this is the first time that his DNA has been entered into the data base then he could even be the main contributor. There is no reason to believe that he, himself, does not have some AA DNA.

There is so much not being said and there is so much LE involved that you can be assured that Alexis's case is a mere drop in the bucket. The word "Sensitive" was used even when LE was not releasing the name of the suspect, RAT. The name leaked before they wanted it out in the public. There is, IMO, going to be at least one accomplice.

"The FBI made an arrest in the case of missing Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy on Sunday evening.

Authorities say they're withholding the suspect's name because of the "sensitive" nature of the investigation. The suspect has been charged with kidnapping the 17-year-old girl."
http://www.roanoke.com/news/2143806-12/arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-nelson-county.html

The Familial DNA case is not connected to RAT. They have his DNA to run, straight out from him, not family members.

I'm surprised the Judge let some of the hearing become public today. I am guessing it is because the minor (Alexis) is not yet found, and media attention. J&D cases are normally private from public to protect minors (and stupid family arguments they will regret later).

Still don't think Corn Row is real. I think RAT made it up, but that is just a thought. LE still has to follow through. All those cities looking for old cars with 22" rims, sigh. So sad for the waste of time, and the complete hatred every black male in that kind of car will develop. However, it must be.

I was pulled over once for a burned out tail light. My tail light was fine. This was when I lived in a small town. Had nothing to do with me at all, so I was told. I'll spare the rest of that story.

The Grand Jury date should not be continued (although any kind of delays can happen, Grand Juries are not the same as regular Court days, defense attorneys don't cancel due to conflict, they are simply not allowed in most states ). It is not a "Court Date for a Trial", it is a date for the Grand Jury to decide if there is a case based on whatever evidence and testimony is presented.

FBI went to all shops along the lane where Liberty Gas is, door to door, looking for video or witness identification. That is how they found RAT was at the adult toy store.

I hope all the LE agencies come up with something by September 26, or have more than we know already. I really do. They can't hold RAT forever on what little we know, even if he deserves it.

O/T I still think the DNA in the Morgan Harrington case is wrong. It was a party place, anyone could have picked up something, she was around loads of people and in an altercation. Just being where she was meant lots touching her without the altercation. That is all LE has and they must know it is flawed. I wish more for that case too.

I'm not 100% sure but i followed MH case very closely...I think some of the DNA was from a rape kit or what was left to do a rape kit (cringing as I type this). There may have also been other DNA found, but if we are just speaking of semen~ it's pretty obvious that it couldn't be transferred through casual touch.

I agree with you Eclipse33, but the DNA obtained in regards to Morgan Harrington wasn't from her remains. It was from the shirt she had on which was located months prior to her remains. Also, her shirt is what provided forensic evidence which conclusively linked her murder to a man who had committed rape in 2005.

With that being said, I believe there is quite a bit of information LE has that they've yet to release. I do believe that familial DNA may play a roll when it comes to what's going on now. I do believe RAT is involved, but I don't believe the familial DNA is part of RAT's DNA.

If investigators have evidence that RAT drove Alexis' car to the theater parking lot or that he was inside her car that would be pretty strong evidence. Something sent them to Ultimate Bliss and the other stores on Angus Rd, in C-ville. Maybe they found something like a wrapper, in AM's car, from an item he purchased at the convenience store. That wouldn't fit with his story of following AM to Mr. Cornrow who then followed them to his ramshackle lot & camper home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmaxwell
Back