Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

So I didn't realize that it's been nearly a decade since we legalized SS marriage here in Mass.

I think we can safely say, now, that nothing bad has happened as a result. The wrath of god has not struck. We have not become a veritable sodom here, with orgies in public and burning of heterosexuals in effigy. We still even have churches, and straight folks getting married. My own opposite sex marriage is, in fact, still intact.

So can we call it a day now, for those still in doubt? for those who say that marriage equality will somehow erode "traditional" marriage? We're doing okay here. How can people not take notice of that, and say "Huh. Well, you know, maybe the world won't end if gays can marry.".

And really, that's all anyone wants, is the same rights. You don't have to be gay, you don't have to be a gay ally, or activist... You can go right on thinking that homosexuality is a sin if you want. Just so long as you recognize that it's about time that everyone should have equal rights under the law.

Watching the SC action closely, here! :please:

I got such a positive vibe hearing Edie Windsor and her lawyers talk to the press just now. I think the fact Justice Kennedy seemed to be leaning to the right side of history on this is a HUGE deal. A lot of people were disheartened by yesterday. My eggs were in todays basket. And i hope that the positive vibes they were throwing out after the hearing are a sign of the change about to come.

I live in MA and my marriage is recognized by the State, i am a SAHM to an Autistic son, my wife is a Federal Employee so despite living in this diverse and wonderful State, we still need DOMA gone for the safety and security of our family.

I have every faith that once DOMA is put back in the nasty hateful closet it came from, change will come all across the country. I have been blown away by the support i have seen this last few days, just as i have been shocked and humbled at seeing peoples opinions shift over time. I may just be caught up in hearing all the stories at the Rally outside the court today but i do think something good is going to come from this.

It's time to wake up America, and give Edie Windsor back her $363,000!!

"It's gonna be good"...Edie Windsor. I hope so!!!

So I didn't realize that it's been nearly a decade since we legalized SS marriage here in Mass.

I think we can safely say, now, that nothing bad has happened as a result. The wrath of god has not struck. We have not become a veritable sodom here, with orgies in public and burning of heterosexuals in effigy. We still even have churches, and straight folks getting married. My own opposite sex marriage is, in fact, still intact.

So can we call it a day now, for those still in doubt? for those who say that marriage equality will somehow erode "traditional" marriage? We're doing okay here. How can people not take notice of that, and say "Huh. Well, you know, maybe the world won't end if gays can marry.".

And really, that's all anyone wants, is the same rights. You don't have to be gay, you don't have to be a gay ally, or activist... You can go right on thinking that homosexuality is a sin if you want. Just so long as you recognize that it's about time that everyone should have equal rights under the law.

On the contrary, yours is one of the few states in the union that isn't in dire economic straits. My son-in-law has his choice of jobs there.

I got such a positive vibe hearing Edie Windsor and her lawyers talk to the press just now. I think the fact Justice Kennedy seemed to be leaning to the right side of history on this is a HUGE deal. A lot of people were disheartened by yesterday. My eggs were in todays basket. And i hope that the positive vibes they were throwing out after the hearing are a sign of the change about to come.

I live in MA and my marriage is recognized by the State, i am a SAHM to an Autistic son, my wife is a Federal Employee so despite living in this diverse and wonderful State, we still need DOMA gone for the safety and security of our family.

I have every faith that once DOMA is put back in the nasty hateful closet it came from, change will come all across the country. I have been blown away by the support i have seen this last few days, just as i have been shocked and humbled at seeing peoples opinions shift over time. I may just be caught up in hearing all the stories at the Rally outside the court today but i do think something good is going to come from this.

It's time to wake up America, and give Edie Windsor back her $363,000!!

"It's gonna be good"...Edie Windsor. I hope so!!!

I swear if some people could see my CPA bills for tax prep, they would decide that marriage equality is nothing but a matter of simple fairness.

(Note, for the moment my husband and I are married in CA, but "not married" any time we cross the border into AZ.)

We are required to file jointly for state income taxes, but separately for federal. Yet because California is a community-property state, the Feds require us to divide up our income and file half on each separate return. EXCEPT when it comes to money we take out of 401K accounts or the interest thereon, which are subject to entirely different rules.

Meanwhile, the harm of gay civil marriage is what, exactly?

I swear if some people could see my CPA bills for tax prep, they would decide that marriage equality is nothing but a matter of simple fairness.

Meanwhile, the harm of gay civil marriage is what, exactly?

Respectfully bolded and snipped by me.

Regarding fairness: As a woman married to a man, I can exercise all sorts of rights and privileges simply by saying "I'm his wife." I don't have to carry any legal documentation or jump through any financial hoops. My word is enough.

Basic fairness should offer any other person who says "he's my husband" or "she's my wife" the same good faith in his or her word. Or we should each be required to obtain a "marriage license" as valid identification just like a driver's license.

IMHO, marriage is marriage. Gay or straight and civil or religious are just labels. In my perfect little world, we become married when we each commit to the other in making a life together.

CatDaddy and I were married in the hall of our local volunteer fire company, and our ceremony was "officiated" by a non-denominational reverend wearing a wiccan ring. We'll have our eleventh anniversary in November. That makes us married. Nuff said.

Sounds like a fund wedding, Cat. We had ours in the backyard (108 degrees in July) as soon as the sun went behind the mountain. Then we had a drunken brawl inside where everyone danced to music from the year we were "really" married (1976).

It was hot and sweaty, but our friends and family were amazingly good sports. Did "YMCA" with hand gestures and all!

I am looking forward to the day when we can look back and say, "Remember when gay marriage was illegal? And now it's just a part of normal, accepted society..." I believe that more and more Americans are supportive of their gay brothers and sisters every day, and recognizing their civil rights. And it's about time.

I am looking forward to the day when we can look back and say, "Remember when gay marriage was illegal? And now it's just a part of normal, accepted society..." I believe that more and more Americans are supportive of their gay brothers and sisters every day, and recognizing their civil rights. And it's about time.

I'm with you. We are at an incredible time in American history. A time when civil rights are still denied to a significant portion of the population. A time when the highest court in our nation is actually debating whether certain people deserve civil rights and using social and religious arguments to do so.

All I can do is hope and pray that we are going to join the rest of the developed, democratic world, stop embarrassing ourselves and do the right thing. I get sick to my stomach with nerves thinking about this momentous occasion. I hope my anxiety is able to turn to joy and not sorrow.

Kat, I mean a "fun" wedding, not a "fund" wedding. I hope that was clear. :)

New Zealand Gay Marriage: Lawmakers Approve Marriage Equality Bill
04/17/13 05:54 AM ET EDT

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Hundreds of jubilant gay-rights advocates celebrated at New Zealand's Parliament as the country become the thirteenth in the world and the first in the Asia-Pacific region to legalize same-sex marriage.

Lawmakers voted 77 to 44 Wednesday night in favor of the gay-marriage bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/new-zealand-gay-marriage_n_3098762.html

Excellent post!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delaware!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I jumped the gun a little bit last week.

Now gay marriage is legal in Minnesota. Marriages can start August 1st.
12th state. 2nd in Midwest to legalize.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay