Talk on the Net/Blogs/Round town about this case - NOT FACTS/RUMORS *merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How else are they going to get into the book or movie? /sarcasm (not directed at you)

Honestly, I can't decide if that really is the case or if they have good intentions, but are going too far.

It seems like everyone wants IN on what is really going on and are determined to find out. I mean people are calling CA asking for "tips"..and for what reason? Is this person going to go to PR and hunt Caylee down? I doubt it..so I guess it all seems pointless to me. While I would like to believe people have good intentions it's hard to see through all the smoke and believe it for real.

It seems like everyone wants IN on what is really going on and are determined to find out. I mean people are calling CA asking for "tips"..and for what reason? Is this person going to go to PR and hunt Caylee down? I doubt it..so I guess it all seems pointless to me. While I would like to believe people have good intentions it's hard to see through all the smoke and believe it for real.

I just hope none of it hurts the case. I'm worried most about 'what's to come'...who and what will be next. It would be wonderful if this find is something big and the end is near. For Caylee's sake...and my sanity.:crazy:

I think this is the first significant information we've had in a long time. I also think it's worth it to contemplate it's possibility. Could someone send this person a IM and ask if they could come here and discuss?

There's been lots and lots of speculation on this board regarding theories, etc. I'm not sure why this particular bit of info is being scrutinized to the point of making it's messenger feel unwelcome.

If it's the remains of something, of course it's going to smell to high heavens once it's removed from the water. And no, it's not necessarily going to be just bones if it is Caylee's body. Laci & Conner Peterson were in the ocean for 3 months and they weren't "just bones".

I heard that there were possibly skull fragments found. I can't find where that rumor started, though. Can someone help me out with that? I read someone mention it was in Casey's trunk, someone else mentioned possibly in the Amscot dumpster.

They were scalp fragments - not skull fragments.

I know, just the other day I said, THERE SURE ARE ALOT OF BONES IN FLORIDA, it's actually kind of scary.

FLorida is full of history. There are alot of indian burial grounds around - quite often when a sinkhole appears they'll find artifacts and bones of days gone by. There is even a burial ground in Miami that was discovered during some construction.

We found a dead raccoon one time while fishing and thought it would be funny to fish it outta the water and scare some of the gals with it. The joke was on us. The whole coastline that our condo inhabited smelled like that for days. Take it or leave it.

Ha! You're mean. That sounds like something my brother would do!

I just hope none of it hurts the case. I'm worried most about 'what's to come'...who and what will be next. It would be wonderful if this find is something big and the end is near. For Caylee's sake...and my sanity.:crazy:

That is my fear as well. I hear you about the sanity...mine is all but gone.

I'm sure they didn't disregard a missing child network t-shirt

Any ideas?

I think they WOULD disregard a missing child network t-shirt as Caylee wasn't missing and the shirts weren't even made when Casey would have been trying to dispose of Caylee's remains. I don't think it was a bracelet or other piece of jewerly, impossible to find in a body of water, I think it was a ball cap. Hopefully with a hair attached so that they can connect it to her.

I think this is the first significant information we've had in a long time. I also think it's worth it to contemplate it's possibility. Could someone send this person a IM and ask if they could come here and discuss?

There's been lots and lots of speculation on this board regarding theories, etc. I'm not sure why this particular bit of info is being scrutinized to the point of making it's messenger feel unwelcome.

If it's the remains of something, of course it's going to smell to high heavens once it's removed from the water. And no, it's not necessarily going to be just bones if it is Caylee's body. Laci & Conner Peterson were in the ocean for 3 months and they weren't "just bones".

Hi there. I think they would be bones....cold ocean water is a lot different than a Florida freshwater swamp.

I don't think anyone is making the messenger feel unwelcome, although I or anyone else could claim to be a searcher ... so I personally am a little cyncial when it comes to believing what I read online.

On the other hand, I'm not discounting this entirely. If TES found a body, I understand it would take a while to get DNA confirmation that it is Caylee (what maybe two weeks again?). I'm still not buying why they completely called off the search early. I live here and there is standing water, but I can't believe that they didn't search other areas while waiting for the water to recede.

The item was under water so it probably wouldnt have much of an odor until they pulle dit out and opened it. The searchers were sent home and the big guys were called in immediately so it is very possible IMO that they didnt open it revealing the smell until after the regular searchers were evacuated from the scene. Im not saying it was human or not but human decomp smeel is extremely strong and can linger for a significant amount of time even if its only in a place for a short time. I.A. caylees barely decomposing body was still smelled weeks later in the trunk.

'Barely decomposing' is a stretch. We don't know where or how the body was stored before being placed into the trunk, what state it was in, the amount of time that it spent in the trunk.

As for the scent of human decomposition, and lingering... trunks are enclosed spaces containing porous materials which odors can seep into. They're also very hot, and heat will amplify a scent.

I imagine that even if whatever was found tightly wrapped was pulled out and opened on site, it was done so on heavy plastic or a tarp -- to avoid losing evidence, or contaminating it. There'd be nothing remaining 3 days later to leave an odor, especially with the airflow available in an open space.

Not nit-picking here, but I do have a question. If you were not there, how can you say what the smell was like. And, secondly, how can a human nose distinguish between animal and human post-mortem scent? I'm confused. :waitasec:

My hubby is a funeral director and said that there is no mistaking the smell of human decomposition for animal decomposition. Human decomp is, in his poinion, the worst smell he has ever encountered and said that he will never forget that smell.

What would smell is the mud from an object being removed and stirring it up. I agree, the "body" would stink if it was there. And even though water slows down decomp, in FL and the heat, I don't think it would be enough. She would be bones after 87 days.

Wrapped up in something and submerged in fresh water. Especially fresh water without an active scavenger population, such as that created by flooding?. I think there would be a bit more then just bones, even after all of this time. Decomposition would be advanced, but I don't think it would be to the point of skeletalization yet.

Wrapped up in something and submerged in fresh water. Especially fresh water without an active scavenger population, such as that created by flooding?. I think there would be a bit more then just bones, even after all of this time. Decomposition would be advanced, but I don't think it would be to the point of skeletalization yet.

But what about the maggots and flies that we know were in the trunk?

Maybe not. However, anywhere in FL is an "active scavenger" population! We have vultures as big as dogs and alligators that travel! I don't think decomp smell would be present in an open area....a trunk of a car because it is a closed space. I'm just saying, the mud itself really stinks..... really bad. I thought something was dead driving down a road here, and I realized it was the mud and standing water from the overflowing St John's River.

I don't think Caylee will ever be found it is now day 87. Casey had 31 days to get rid of the body really well. I want to know the last known mileage on her car and what it was after it was found, I want cell phone pings and I want to know who rode in har car last and where she parked the car while at TOny's.

I want to know these things.

Laci Peterson went missing on Dec.25,2002. Her body was found washed up on the San Francisco Bay shore on April 15,2003.

I have high hopes for Caylee being found.

But what about the maggots and flies that we know were in the trunk?

Flies and baby flies (maggots) don't live underwater, or without air (assuming this "thing" was wrapped in plastic). So, if they were there, they woulda' died.

Yeah, it's the gators I'm worried about. I think it's a huge possibility that there is nothing left of Caylee.

Some posters are wondering why would LE be looking by the college if a body was found during the TES search. If they did find a body, they would have to do DNA testing right? Those results probably aren't available yet, right? So, I would expect LE to continue to follow up on any leads. Right?

Some posters are wondering why would LE be looking by the college if a body was found during the TES search. If they did find a body, they would have to do DNA testing right? Those results probably aren't available yet, right? So, I would expect LE to continue to follow up on any leads. Right?

The bones and body parts could've been scattered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties