Tape Discussion#2- Anthony's hired DC to find Caylee dead or alive *CLIP ADDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wanted to mention what I heard on local radio. 104.1 one of the news reporters Amy Caufeld (sp?) said that she heard there is an offer of up to $20k for one particular still from the Hoover video. No mention of to whom the offer was made. There must be some still that holds something of extreme interest to someone.

:eek:

One thing I am pretty sure of, I don't believe that Cindy nor George had any knowledge that Caylee's body was lying in the woods. I do believe they were searching for and believed in their heart and soul that Casey's story of some kind of "threats to the family by the kidnapper(s)" were real. I cannot fathom that they found the truth through the course of time and just allowed Caylee to remain in the woods. If in fact , as some suggest, that they knew...and were protecting their daughter...they would have retrieved her body themselves and disposed of it. I do NOT see that as anything either George or Cindy would have done. Thus, is why I am confused by all the comments that the A's should be held in contempt, charged, jailed, etc. Am I missing something here?

The attorney arguing about ownership of this tape has allowed it to be seen, without his first viewing it because it shows nothing and the Anthonys don't want anyone profiting from the death of this child. If anyone loses his license it will be Hoover for shopping around work product he doesn't own. If you volunteer to work for someone, then you are working for them, it doesn't matter if you get paid or not.

Funny them complaining about Hoover making money. The A's and DC vehemently stated Caylee was alive, even putting that pic out there of the little girl at the mall and continued to collect donations for a live Caylee after the tape was made. IMO, the A's don't want anyone but THEMSELVES profiting from the death of Caylee.

WOW...... What's this now? Someone who is thinking logically, taking time to reasonably look at the apparent facts, and not reading anything into them that is likely not there?

It seems MORE than reasonable that RK became frustrated with LE, called the tip into the other number, sees that even THEY can't find it and finally risks going back there by himself.

Raeann, I believe what you just stated is more than probably what occured. At least in my opinion. I do not believe that Krunk had any tip or lead. I believe he was a man that was persistant in that the goings on in this case was frustrating to him (as it is to us) and because he was familiar with the area...he did what he had to do whenever he had the chance to do it. I do not believe he was led on by anyone other than his own frustrations in wanting to solve and find Caylee in a likely/possible location and he ended up being right on his thought processes.

I could almost agree with the tape being worthless because of this post..however, you have an attorney on TV arguing over the rights of this tape. If it didn't hold anything of value, why the hell waste your time on fighting over the rights for it? Wouldn't your time be well served dealing with the deposition coming up of your clients in a civil suit? There is more to this tape than what we seen for BC to threaten to have someone's license revoked. JMHO

One thing that arguing over the ownership will accomplish is keeping Hoover from getting money, or perhaps getting any MORE money, for selling the tape. A potential lawsuit quickly tightens up the pockets of potential buyers who would obviously consult their own lawyers before buying such an item.

The attorney arguing about ownership of this tape has allowed it to be seen, without his first viewing it because it shows nothing and the Anthonys don't want anyone profiting from the death of this child. If anyone loses his license it will be Hoover for shopping around work product he doesn't own. If you volunteer to work for someone, then you are working for them, it doesn't matter if you get paid or not.

I do agree. If Hoover was trying to sell the video or any still pictures from it to profit from this horrible murder of a child, then he should loose his license. As should Cindy if she did the same thing..As should ANYONE else in this case who is looking to make a dime off Caylee..If Baez offers up an interview with Casey, he as well should loose his...JMHO

As nasty as you seem to have gotten, bunnyp, I will answer your questions.
1. The PI, Casey, was working with for the Anthonys at the time the tape was made. Of course, PI Casey wasn't lying, Hoover wasn't employeed by his firm. Why would he lie about that, it is easily proved one way or another.
2. Hoover volunteered to work FOR the Anthonys, there's no such thing as his "own time", the work product in relation to the case, belongs to the Anthonys.
3. This is not evidence of anything, it is not subject to the Judge's order, because Casey was NOT working for JB at the time the tape was made. Of course, JB asked that a master be appointed at any questioning of the PI, whether he was working for the client or not - the questioning COULD involve work product belongin to his client, KC - NO attorney would allow an employee directly employed or employed by contract to be questioned about the case without either his presence or the presence of an attorney. (FYI, the privilege belongs to the client, not the attorney, it is the attorney's duty and responsibility to protect that privilege.) And no, we don't know if this was in the exact area, a foot away or a mile away, we have no proof that the tape was made for any reason, other than to record a man shoving a stick into the ground. We can speculate, we can surmise, we can wonder, but this tape is absolutely worthless as evidence.

Now, if LE had confiscated the tape last week from Hoover, where and how did the Anthonys get a copy of it to release to the media?

I do agree. If Hoover was trying to sell the video or any still pictures from it to profit from this horrible murder of a child, then he should loose his license. As should Cindy if she did the same thing..As should ANYONE else in this case who is looking to make a dime off Caylee..If Baez offers up an interview with Casey, he as well should loose his...JMHO

Can I insert my own word after "loose his..." :)

Thank you Patty G!

DC needs to buy a real knife from Cabelas or something. What's he using a steak knife out of his kitchen?

ETA: looks like a leatherman maybe.

I am curious about the idea of JH (or DC) losing his license because he tried to make money off of a tape he made. Now disregarding the potential ownership of the tape, would it be illegal to sell a tape he made and owned?

Let me put it another way. Let's say I went down there December 1, and made a video of this area for my own personal review, with no tips or connection to LE, but my own personal convictions leading me to tape it.

Then the remains are found on the 11th and I think, wow, I taped that area and I saw nothing! I think nothing was there! I'd better alert the media! I do, and LE comes and insists on getting a copy and my story, which I willingly give. They are pleased and ask me to not release the tape until they are done reviewing it. I agree. Then, a few days later, LE calls and says they have what they need. After I speak to LE, I get a call from Geraldo, offerring me a million bucks for the rights to the world exclusive. I say sure and hand it over, get my million bucks and live happily ever after.

At this point, have I done anything illegal (other than perhaps trespassing)? I know people here would be disgusted with the thought of "making money off of Caylee" but I would maintain that if this had happened, I would have done nothing illegal.

So what is illegal about what JH has done? His story is different from mine in the following ways:
1. He may be a licensed PI.
2. He may have gone on a tip.
3. He might have been loosely working for someone at the time of the taping, although those same people would not have paid a nickel for it prior to December 11, and may have even returned the tapes to him after viewing because they were of no use to them.
4. Geraldo didn't pay him.

So which one of those reasons should cause him to lose his license (if he has one) or be charged with a crime? Genuinely curious here.

What difference does it make if the OCSO and the FBI now have the tape anyway? The way I see it...the A fam and JH are now just arguing over who is going to cash in on it.

Thank you Patty G!

DC needs to buy a real knife from Cabelas or something. What's he using a steak knife out of his kitchen?

ETA: looks like a leatherman maybe.
LOL Probably the one Cindy had washed which came out of Casey's car....just saying...

One thing I am pretty sure of, I don't believe that Cindy nor George had any knowledge that Caylee's body was lying in the woods. I do believe they were searching for and believed in their heart and soul that Casey's story of some kind of "threats to the family by the kidnapper(s)" were real. I cannot fathom that they found the truth through the course of time and just allowed Caylee to remain in the woods. If in fact , as some suggest, that they knew...and were protecting their daughter...they would have retrieved her body themselves and disposed of it. I do NOT see that as anything either George or Cindy would have done. Thus, is why I am confused by all the comments that the A's should be held in contempt, charged, jailed, etc. Am I missing something here?

I AGREE ,I really believe some how some way KC and loverboy are behind it.
Making the parents look to be the biggest liars in the world.
If the parents are despised will someone on the jury feel poor KC ,what must have her childhood been like? Who gains the most if KC gets off the one who holds the movie deal in his hand . Baez has KC power of attorney .

Say they did know where the body was....and the plan was the body to be found by a confession call from the kidnaper...only the THE killer would know the location of the body....But she was found TOO soon, before the setup was in place.

Didn't KC say" This cant be happening NOW!"

I will never believe that LE or the FBI would conduct any sort of 'sting' where the body of a small child or even any other human being is concerned.

Btw~ I changed my earlier post on this "sting" idea and also on the thread. I don't want it to be said that I am not 100% behind OCSO, the FBI, and TES in this case!!!

So what if they just had a very strong suspicion that her remains were there and wanted to be led to the body?

Who put it up and when did that fence go up that people reported on?! Where is that fence now?

I agree, LaLaw, they would not operate a "sting" with this kind of evidence - and what purpose would it have? Their suspect is and was locked up. Who were they trying to sting?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back