Tax Stimulus Rebate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so looking foward to the extra funds, Im going to put it toward me daughters tuitio for next year, it will reduces some stress in my life.

And.....Im gonna get a little something for myself too.

Mine was originally scheduled to be sent out on the 16th, but I thought mailing was moved up for everyone?

I was hoping ours would deposit today, but according to the IRS site, our rebate will deposit on May 9. That is still a week or two sooner than I had originally thought. Ours will go towards bills and a nice dinner out.

Tammie in Miami

Can anyone tell me if it's true that stimulus checks NOT designated for direct deposit were starting to be mailed Friday? I hope so, because I have severely overspent my budget today.

I have no clue sorry! I hope you get it soon. I did that one year with our taxes and spent it before hand and it was late :(

Im suppose to get mine tomorrow :woohoo:I hope it comes! There is a huge sale on swing sets and one I want to get this week.

Mine keeps saying there is no info on it yet? Mmmm, I hope they hurry it up!

Well Frick!!!! I feel like someone just pee'd in my cheerios.
JULY!!!@$@#:#"

I'm in the same boat as you. I did a free file through HR Block and at no time was I prompted to enter DD info. No biggie right? I can be patient and wait for a check. A week later I find out my check won't be here till the end of June. Am I a second class citizen or what?

I was prompted to enter my Direct Deposit info ..But Cheetah says that it will still be mailed.

My daughter accidentally enclosed her federal taxes with her state taxes. :crazy: She just received them back last week and mailed them (the federal) in. Will that keep her from getting her rebate? :waitasec:

I was prompted to enter my Direct Deposit info ..But Cheetah says that it will still be mailed.

The IRS updated this on their site...I'm sure ALOT of taxpayers are affected by this :(

"Taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loans or financial agreements with a tax professional, such as agreeing to have return preparation fees deducted from their refunds, cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get paper checks based on the paper check distribution schedule."

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182735,00.html

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't July :eek:.They should mail them out faster!

My daughter accidentally enclosed her federal taxes with her state taxes. :crazy: She just received them back last week and mailed them (the federal) in. Will that keep her from getting her rebate? :waitasec:

She will get it as long as she files this year, but it will just take a little longer.

We haven't gotten ours yet either. Our # is 77. I could really use it right about now.

I have been stimulated via direct deposit into my checking account. 10 days in California here we come!!!

$1800, thanks Mr. President. Now if you could just do something about gas prices before we go (road trip)....would appreciate it.

Whoo Hoo....:woohoo:

OMG...2000 posts, I think I need to get a life ;)

Ours came and has been spent already...
DH used it for a down payment on a new Harley..... WTF do I get????? lol

Ours came and has been spent already...
DH used it for a down payment on a new Harley..... WTF do I get????? lol

Same dang thing I got, nothing. Ours was spent shipping a boat from CA that was given to us by his dad.

Did anyone else not get as much as they expected?

I received $818; that's head of household plus one dependent. Hmm, free money is free money, but I think that $600 + $300= $900. :waitasec:

Trish

We got $600 for both kids, plus another $780 for my hubby and me. I thought it was $1200 for a couple, plus $300 per kid. I don't get it.

I received $818; that's head of household plus one dependent. Hmm, free money is free money, but I think that $600 + $300= $900. :waitasec:

Trish

Totally agree...however, I only received $600 and I'm HOH + dependent. I don't get it-I thought I would get $900. Maybe someone can tell me why??

I checked the site:
and this is the answer I got ..We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus payment is not available WTF my 2 #s were due 5-9
I owed taxes of 92$ and the took it out of my bank account on 04/16/2008 IRS/USATAXPYMT/ -92.00 So I do not understand.

A few of you posted that you had received less than $600 per adult person for your stimulus rebate. According to the stimulus plan, a person is allowed to receive the lesser of $600.00 or the amount of taxes you owed on your 2007 return. So, if your total federal tax bill for 2007 was $423, you would receive $423 for your stimulus check. The federal government is only giving a rebate greater than the amount due on your federal 2007 tax bill if you only had Social Security or Veterans benefits. This means, if someone who only had Social Security or Veterans funds you are eligible for the $300 basic stimulus rebate. If you will go back and look at the tax form and see the total amount of tax that was owed on your tax return, you should see the amount you are receiving or $600 per adult if your tax bill was more than $1200 for 2007.

It is not well explained at all, is it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back