Teacher, 41, resigns, leaves wife, moves in with 18-year-old student

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, give it a year or two or three. Once the thrill wears off of being illicit and in the news, she will leave. JMVHO.

Since she is nearing Graduation....I wonder if Mr Hooker will be her prom date????

Oh, give it a year or two or three. Once the thrill wears off of being illicit and in the news, she will leave. JMVHO.

You never know. I mean, Celine Dion is still with her hubby and Mary Kay I believe is married to the student (who was really young when he met Mary Kay).

I can't help thinking about his daughter and what she must be going through. Divorce is not easy for kids this age anyway. But to have him moving in and living with one of her peers must take it to a whole new level.

If she were my daughter I would have to question her about if he really did love her and want the best for her. If he did, how could he ask her or even permit her to leave school when she is this near to graduating. When waiting just months would have meant she had graduated and had that piece of paper that means so much when trying to surivive in the working world. I don't care what they say, employers do look down on a GED a bit.

If I could talk to him I would have to ask him what he would say if his 17 yr old daughter turned 18 and came to him and said I am quitting school and moving in with my teacher. How comfortable would he be with that? Would he feel the teacher really had his daughter's best interests at heart? Also how does he plan on supporting his daughter, his new household and his new girlfriend now that he doesn't have a job?

And if I was the daughter, I would be tempted to try to set that up. Not to go through with it, but to try to make arrangements where it looked like she was going to do it.

That's an excellent observation and idea. :thumb:

It's the whole teacher/student thing. It makes for an unequal relationship as he has traditionally had the power role. It's just compounded by the inequality of the ages and experiences.

My degree is in teaching and even though I never pursued it, I understand the teacher/student dynamic pretty well. This girl is looking for a father figure and he's looking for someone he can control. He thinks he'll be able to mold her into the perfect woman. If he had an ounce of morals he would have explained to her that her feelings of love aren't boyfriend/girlfriend feelings but daughter/father type feelings, and that's only if she came on to him first. If he played her then he's an uber . JMO

What is with these teachers who have relationships with their students. I noticed they tend to be around 30s and are married.

I can't help thinking about his daughter and what she must be going through. Divorce is not easy for kids this age anyway. But to have him moving in and living with one of her peers must take it to a whole new level.

If she were my daughter I would have to question her about if he really did love her and want the best for her. If he did, how could he ask her or even permit her to leave school when she is this near to graduating. When waiting just months would have meant she had graduated and had that piece of paper that means so much when trying to surivive in the working world. I don't care what they say, employers do look down on a GED a bit.

If I could talk to him I would have to ask him what he would say if his 17 yr old daughter turned 18 and came to him and said I am quitting school and moving in with my teacher. How comfortable would he be with that? Would he feel the teacher really had his daughter's best interests at heart? Also how does he plan on supporting his daughter, his new household and his new girlfriend now that he doesn't have a job?

And if I was the daughter, I would be tempted to try to set that up. Not to go through with it, but to try to make arrangements where it looked like she was going to do it.

I really really like the point you are making. This assumes, though, that this pathetic fella thinks like a normal, mature individual. I suspect he's an extremely childlike, immature narcissist who always expected his wifey-poo to be a "good momma" to him. When this little girl eventually grows up, she too will expect him to act like an adult. Since he likely lacks the capacity, she will then become the "mean momma" and he will move on to yet another child. Poor victims. If SHE has daughters someday, I'm betting she will be enraged if their high school teachers jump their bones and derail their futures before they are mature enough to make good decisions.

This guy is Stupid with a capital S. At best he's losing his family and this relationship will end with her leaving his old *advertiser censored*. At worst, he's going to be put under a microscope and if any illegality is found in his past with this girl, he goes to jail. Dumbass. I feel sorry for his family. They have to live with this humiliation.

Seriously dude look at yourself. Unless you are a millionaire, there is nothing she can really see in you. Following your heart? If by heart you mean male delusions created by male genetalia, then OK. Sounds about right.

LOL "Seriously dude look at yourself" hahahahaha

If there was abuse, then it's news.

If there wasn't, then it's a personal decision, and not news.

JMO.

As an underage juvenile, there WAS abuse. I don't think she woke up the day she turned 18 and decided out of the blue to pick HIM in a random drawing to move in with. And, uh, he must have been anticipating this for more than 15 minutes if he MOVED IN WITH HER, screwed his wife, children, career, and a school full of students. Every one of his students is now messed with in some way or another simply by having this ugly event in their lives. Teachers fall within the category of persons of TRUST. I believe this situation is criminal.

How many of us would offer up our own teenage children for sexual entertainment for bored, narcissistic 40-somethings with impulse disorders? I think most of us would send in Child Protective Services to PROTECT teens from these predators. We certainly don't expect them to come from within the school environment we entrust our children to.

ETA: Not directed at you, Not My Kids. Love reading your posts. Just jumping off of your post here. Xxo

He is also being investigated and could possibly be charged if it can be proven that their relationship started before the girl turned 18. A lot of students at the high school he taught at/she was a student say that their relationship started when she was 14. How anyone can think this shouldn't be news is beyond me.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...g-investigated-for-relationship-with-student/

BBM So "a lot" of students knew that a 14-year-old girl was having a relationship with a much older teacher and in 4 years the gossip mill never reached an adult? A teacher? A parent? I'm sorry, but that is really hard to believe!

I'll have to sit on this story for a while though? I don't really know what to think just yet? I can't help but think... she's an adult now?

Gross all the way around! But when there is no father-figure . . .

One of my HS friends, TG, had an affair/a fling with the Athletic Director while in HS (she was 17 & he was 22). We cheerleaders knew what was going on but didn't say anything except to each other & our parents ("none of our business", my father said but he did tell TGs mother which lead to nothing because TGs mother was ready to get rid of her -- sad).

They eventually married & had 2 children & divorced after 15 years because she had been CONTROLLED by him . . . she finally figured it out & broke free -- she's finally happy. He's distraught & has no clue what happened. DUH?!

TG had no father in her life & was looking for that support

BBM So "a lot" of students knew that a 14-year-old girl was having a relationship with a much older teacher and in 4 years the gossip mill never reached an adult? A teacher? A parent? I'm sorry, but that is really hard to believe!

I'll have to sit on this story for a while though? I don't really know what to think just yet? I can't help but think... she's an adult now?

She was not an adult at 14 years old and apparently is not at 18 years old either!

Please :what:

She was not an adult at 14 years old and apparently is not at 18 years old either!

Please :what:

I didn't say she was an adult at 14? It said that "a lot" of students at the school knew about a relationship between this girl and this man starting when the girl was 14. I call B/S on that! No way could something like this go on for 4 years, with "a lot" of people knowing, and it not get back to an adult.

Now, if the relationship did start before she turned 18... I say prosecute him. But if it didn't start until after she turned 18... then she's an adult.

I believe it! Maybe not the whole 4 years but it happened in our school. Our Math teacher was sleeping with a senior, I believe she was 17. There was a lot of talk about it before it actually came out but as far as we all knew it was nothing more then rumors. I'm sure a teacher had to overhear something at some point. I'm not sure if they didn't believe it or they chose to ignore it but we all heard about it so I don't now how they couldn't have. It finally came out when the girls sister read her sisters diary and gave it to her mom who then contacted the police.

He was married with children as well.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-05-19/news/9905190305_1_sexual-student-sixth-period

I had NG on mute and I guess her mother was on and she or someone provided an awful lot of photos of the girl...wondering why she would want so many photos of her daughter out there? JMO

Regardless of when this relationship started, I don't see how authorities would be able to prove anything. The 18 year old is saying the relationship didn't start until she was 18, and without her cooperation I fail to see how this case could get anywhere.

I didn't say she was an adult at 14? It said that "a lot" of students at the school knew about a relationship between this girl and this man starting when the girl was 14. I call B/S on that! No way could something like this go on for 4 years, with "a lot" of people knowing, and it not get back to an adult.

Now, if the relationship did start before she turned 18... I say prosecute him. But if it didn't start until after she turned 18... then she's an adult.

It's very difficult to parse truth from rumor sometimes and if he denies a relationship and she denies a relationship then what can they do? You have to have a lot more than rumor or innuendo. If the rumors were flying fast and furious they should have asked him to transfer to another school.

They may have and he refused and they couldn't make him move. JMO

This reminds me of the Police song "Don't Stand So Close To Me"

...Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staffroom
The accusations fly
It's no use he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabokov...

Regardless of when this relationship started, I don't see how authorities would be able to prove anything. The 18 year old is saying the relationship didn't start until she was 18, and without her cooperation I fail to see how this case could get anywhere.

The only way would be to make a very strong circumstantial case based on motel receipts possible phone pings and whatever else they could get like friends of hers telling them things. It would be, very, very hard, but I think it could possibly be done. JMO

Even if such things as hotels receipt existed (which we don't have any evidence of), how could anyone prove they weren't sitting there reciting poetry, for example? Unless the 18 year old says anything I don't think this could go anywhere.

Even if such things as hotels receipt existed (which we don't have any evidence of), how could anyone prove they weren't sitting there reciting poetry, for example? Unless the 18 year old says anything I don't think this could go anywhere.

Like I said, it would be very, very hard but it could be done. A lot would have to fall their way though.

I find this absolutely wrong, but.......the joke will be on him someday.
First, what in the world would they have in common?
Music? Dancing? Friends? I say it will get old in a few months.
He will wake up and regret his choice.
It's fun and games..........
She will wake up and think what am I doing with this old guy?
I think his wife and kids are lucky to get this dude out of their lives.
He's in his 2nd childhood. JMOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin