Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh yeah - any how many different prom dresses did we see in photos? How much was cheerleading camp? Your cheerleading uniform? Your car? Your orthodontia? Your private school tuition?

This young woman is incredibly hateful and unfortunately doesn't know how ignorant she sounds or how she comes across. Just not likeable.

Rachel posted a self-righteous Facebook rant (today) Friday slamming her parents’ generation — ironically enough — as greedy and entitled:

“Suburban baby boomer types are the spoiled lot, they make massive amount of money a year, they are used to flying to luxury destinations when they want, and buy things that they don't need, people should be inclined to see things my way,” Canning wrote in an early morning outburst on Friday.

The now-middle-aged parents prefer “retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children's college and young adult years,” she said in the unexpected commentary, which expanded to making sweeping statements about the current state of the job market.

“In today's economy there are no more meaningful jobs and without family help it's usually military or bust,” read the rant.

“I see parents like this every day, children were always an accessory to them and nothing more, once that accessory grew up and went out of fashion, much like a marriage that people allegedly commit to, the child becomes a throwaway, that's just how it is,” Canning wrote on Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...facebook-rant-article-1.1714105#ixzz2vIVOJ9JQ
This is the part that gets me! It's all about her!!! Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!!!

I've provided for my child in what others call excess. It comes with strings. He knows as long as he holds up his end by following the rules and studying and now working part time... His life couldn't be any better. If he choses to be anything close to having problems like this girl... He looses all the extras he's come accustomed to and I only provide the bare bones basic.
It is gonna be my way or the highway in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am amazed at how many parents are still providing their underage children and their friends with alcohol, in a time when parents are being prosecuted for it. I guess they don't want their kids to be unpopular-god forbid!

Well .... the friend's father, the one she's living with, the lawyer "helping" fund the lawsuit, who allowed the underage drinking is, well connected.:

Named one of the Top 100 "powerful people" in New Jersey by Politicker NJ for 2013, Inglesino is an ally and financial contributor to Gov. Chris Christie, and served as a freeholder from 2001 to 2007. Appointed by the governor to the state’s Education Funding Task Force, he serves as township attorney for Parsippany, the planning board attorney for Morristown and Florham Park, and special counsel to Lopatcong and Rahway.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/03/nj_teen_rachel_canning_sues_parents_morris_county.html

Education for Rachel - Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/educationforrachel

Rachel Canning, 18, of New Jersey launched a fan page on Facebook yesterday (March 5) called “Education for Rachel,” with the slogan “Money for education, that’s all.”

“This page is dedicated to support my cause for legally requesting my education tuition to be fully paid by my parents,” the Morris Catholic HS senior wrote in the page description.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/06/teen-suing-parents-spawns-dueling-facebook-pages/

"Educating children is first in parenting skills". Quote from the Education for Rachel Facebook. Why does Rachel think she knows anything about parenting skills? Has she ever had to deal with a spoiled, entitled, vicious teenage brat?:floorlaugh:

This girl is out of her ever-lovin' mind. Can't wait for the judge to read this. She is sharpening the blade for her own execution. What an idiot. I doubt she would even make it through college, partying the way she already does and she wanted, what... $654.00 PER WEEK from them.

Get a job and pay for community college.

I wouldn't give her one red cent unless and until she completed two years of community college- with good grades- then I would send her to whatever University she chose- after that, and only after she had proven herself changed, reliable and responsible.

Luckily, I believe that $654 per week responsibility would only be until she graduates high school per previous posts from websleuthers knowledgeable about the law. (Sorry I can't give proper credit - please don't make me go back!) So a few short months. Bye, bye, Rachel.

This girl is out of her ever-lovin' mind. Can't wait for the judge to read this. She is sharpening the blade for her own execution. What an idiot. I doubt she would even make it through college, partying the way she already does and she wanted, what... $654.00 PER WEEK from them.

Get a job and pay for community college.

I wouldn't give her one red cent unless and until she completed two years of community college- with good grades- then I would send her to whatever University she chose- after that, and only after she had proven herself changed, reliable and responsible.

I believe this is why her parents are reluctant to pay for her college. They want to have some type of influence on her so that she successfully obtains her degrees since they are being asked to fund it. How many parents out there have told their kids they will pay as long as the good grades are maintained? Probably thousands upon thousands. Jeez, my children know if they don't get "good student discount" on their auto insurance they pay the difference. It is called accountability - NOT bad parenting.

I also don't see this young woman successfully earning a biomedical engineering degree. Very tough major. Very tough. And the competition doesn't come from the "affluenza" kids. It comes from the kids who know what it takes to make it in this world.

"Educating children is first in parenting skills". Quote from the Education for Rachel Facebook. Why does Rachel think she knows anything about parenting skills? Has she ever had to deal with a spoiled, entitled, vicious teenage brat?:floorlaugh:

She's wrong, in any event. Not all parents can afford private high school, much less college. You are not entitled to a college education courtesy of your parents-if that was true, lots of parents would be in some deep legal trouble, and they're not. She has no idea what she's talking about, irrespective of the fact that she's living in a house with a lawyer.

Well .... the friend's father, the one she's living with, the lawyer "helping" fund the lawsuit, who allowed the underage drinking is, well connected.:

Named one of the Top 100 "powerful people" in New Jersey by Politicker NJ for 2013, Inglesino is an ally and financial contributor to Gov. Chris Christie, and served as a freeholder from 2001 to 2007. Appointed by the governor to the state’s Education Funding Task Force, he serves as township attorney for Parsippany, the planning board attorney for Morristown and Florham Park, and special counsel to Lopatcong and Rahway.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/03/nj_teen_rachel_canning_sues_parents_morris_county.html

I wonder how Gov. Christie is enjoying his connection to a guy who is doing this stuff-especially the booze bashes for teenagers? That might keep the cops away from the Inglesinos door, but this really doesn't look good to most people, and Christie doesn't need any more connections to creeps to whom the rules don't apply.

IMO this case is only going to get worse. She's going to amp up her allegations or do something awful.

It reminds me of a big rock plopped into the middle of a still stream. Oh the ripples that are going to just keep on coming, rolling all the way into every nook and cranny of the shoreline.

I think this is going to cause repercussions for Lawyer, female lawyer, best friend, the entire Inglesino family, future employment, college apps, party invitations, any political aspirations, etc.

Oh, and she can barely post anywhere (1,000's of remarks). Wonder how long it's going to take her before she goes stir-crazy in her perfect little bubble of her NOW perfect family life?

(Where is TMZ when we really need them??!!)
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Does not seem any other family members have stepped up to take her in. Hmm...

ciao

Doesn't seem like any of her fb friends are coming to the rescue on fb, either. Seems like everyone is on "jaw-flappin' lock-down". hahahahahahahaaa!

*(I get to laugh because I survived raising 4 kids all a year apart.) Those high school years were a real show stopper, let me tell you!

At our Thanksgiving prayer every year I was thankful that: For THAT particular year: no one was in the hospital, no squad cars pulled up in front of our house, no one was pregnant, and no one was on drugs. Of course, different years varied... :)

My mother thought I was being blasphemous.

I'm wondering if this temper tantrum of hers has caused her to lose her scholarships?
I can't imagine any college wanting her.
She still working for TGIF?
Can't imagine any employer hiring her or continuing to employ her. She's bad for business. A liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Any HR person who does a search on her name is going to drop her CV to the bottom of the reject list faster than they can start to laugh.

I can't imagine any employer in their right mind would hire someone like that knowingly.

She may feel incredibly important right now, but she is wrecking the rest of her life.

Her siblings must be so embarrassed by her. No judge in there right mind would rule in her favor. The parents would probably welcome the prodigal daughter home with opens arms though. I suspect they had a very hard time using some tough love on her.My guess she has been manipulating them for years. These parents are going to have to make some tough decisions. If they dont, look out for the ones coming behind her.

If she wins her case she will basically be stealing her siblings opportunity to go to a good university to pay for it all, so I can't imagine they are too thrilled about this. It is not just her parents she will be taking money from.

Any HR person who does a search on her name is going to drop her CV to the bottom of the reject list faster than they can start to laugh.

I can't imagine any employer in their right mind would hire someone like that knowingly.

She may feel incredibly important right now, but she is wrecking the rest of her life.

There's always *advertiser censored*....or stripping;)
She'll probably receive a call from Larry Flint by the end of next week!

I'm still a little surprised Casey Anthony turn down his offer.

more on the Facebook post:

The NY Post has slightly different quotes from the screed: they imply that Rachel re-edited the page and took out all the first person pronouns, making it third person to distance herself from it.

“We have been stunned by the financial greed of modern parents who are more concerned with retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children’s college and young adult years,” the tirade continued. “In today’s economy there are no more meaningful jobs and without family help it’s usually military or bust.”

Read more: http://pix11.com/2014/03/07/nj-teen-suing-parents-goes-on-facebook-rant/#ixzz2vJIzh5bm

One hour before that post, Rachel also wrote:

In New Jersey (as in most states) parents are required to support their kids through high school unless legally emancipated, which I'm not. This means that they can NOT put conditions on me being at home, which they did. They can't get out of this. The fact that they cut my tuition was also clear bad faith, and a breach of contract with the school. What did they expect me to do, drop out? I am absolutely amazed at some of the cruel (and legally ignorant) comments I'm reading here.

http://gothamist.com/2014/03/07/nj_teen_suing_parents_thinks_baby_b.php

Unless I am missing something, being unemancipated means that you do NOT have the freedom to do as you are please. Once she turned 18 and walked out that door voluntarily, she was emancipated. You don't require a judge to sign off on it.

Unless I am missing something, being unemancipated means that you do NOT have the freedom to do as you are please. Once she turned 18 and walked out that door voluntarily, she was emancipated. You don't require a judge to sign off on it.

Bingo!

But she alleges she was tossed out and abandoned....and she also claims she was forced to leave due to the (investigated & unfounded )abuse.

But her written words and the voice mail message clearly prove IMO she emancipated herself and she was willing to come home if her parents met her demands.... (Continuing to see her boyfriend.)

I'm thinking when she's unemployable, scholarships yanked, she would have a much better shot at suing her friends dad & her lawyer for damages for giving her horrifically bad legal advice;)

Bingo!

But she alleges she was tossed out and abandoned....and she also claims she was forced to leave due to the (investigated & unfounded )abuse.

But her written words and the voice mail message clearly prove IMO she emancipated herself and she was willing to come home if her parents met her demands.... (Continuing to see her boyfriend.)

I'm thinking when she's unemployable, scholarships yanked, she would have a much better shot at suing her friends dad & her lawyer for damages for giving her horrifically bad legal advice;)

bbm
Now wouldn't that be a hoot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member