Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know I am a big believer in the fact that it is a parents job to parent until a child attains legal majority. And in that post listed by the gothamist the girl made a good point that the parents should be parenting. (Just wait and keep reading.)

As parents they should be legally obligated to support her. Standard child laws exist and should be applied. I wonder if she can live on standard child support?

As parents they also have an obligation to protect her from bad influences. Obviously she has put herself in a vulnurable position through her poor decisions and exposed herself to some poor influences who may be taking advantage of her.

As parents they should try to reduce those influences. Since most of those influences seem to be connected to the school somehow...... the school has got to go. They should formally withdraw her from private school (parents can do that.) And immediately enroll her in public school. If any refunds are due back from the private school, dispensation can be made to the person who paid the fee in the first place. The girl should be immediately and legally advised of her change of school and that failure to attend will be noted and will result in legal charges (truency, incorrigible or whatever applies.) Or better yet at age 18 and not attending school, wouldn't she be considered emancipated?

As far as college fees go standard law should apply. Does standard law say the child has to go to the most expensive school? Do they apply a grade standard?

If parents can afford it I would advise them to hire a private detective and find out just exactly what this little girl is up to. I also believe there is more going on.

bbm,
I read this one earlier today.

NEW JERSEY FATHER ORDERED TO PAY $112,000 FOR DAUGHTER’S LAW SCHOOL TUITION

http://njfamilylaw.foxrothschild.co...-pay-112000-for-daughters-law-school-tuition/

But is it fair and just? The father, a Rutgers University professor, did offer to pay a portion of the cost of Rutgers University Law School, a state school, whose total cost is approximately $22,000 per year.

By contrast, Business Insider ranks Cornell - total tuition $76,680 – as #7 in their list of Top 10 Most Expensive Law Schools, broken down as follows:

bbm,

http://njfamilylaw.foxrothschild.co...-pay-112000-for-daughters-law-school-tuition/

But is it fair and just? The father, a Rutgers University professor, did offer to pay a portion of the cost of Rutgers University Law School, a state school, whose total cost is approximately $22,000 per year.

By contrast, Business Insider ranks Cornell - total tuition $76,680 – as #7 in their list of Top 10 Most Expensive Law Schools, broken down as follows:

That stinks!

Or the court could go the foster care route. Foster kicks them out of the system at 18.

Or they could appoint the other parent as foster parent for her if she is still in need of supervision. Standard child support, and it becomes his responsibility to provide for all her needs and take responsibility for her. Including putting her through college.

Elly
W/S has a thread on story you linked below. Interesting situation, but quite different facts and legal issues.
Divorced dad ordered to pay half of 26-year old child's ivy league law school tuition - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

bbm,

Now, Ingelsino is saying that the Education for Rachel page is a hoax:

"This page is a hoax," attorney John P. Inglesino said in an email to the Los Angeles Times on Friday morning. He was referring to this Facebook page.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/share...arents-20140307,0,6952793.story#ixzz2vJ0jTERe

But the New York Post said that she previously told them she set it up to support her cause.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/07/teen-suing-parents-baby-boomers-are-the-spoiled-ones/

Oooo look who's in damage control mode;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's well over $2,000/month!!! Without doing the math. As a family of 3, we try to exist on one income on $2,000/month! What does that little brat need that kind of money for???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

In fairness, the cost of living here is ridiculously high.... What? The dollar doesn't go as far as it used to... The cost of hairspray, spray tans, mani/pedis and designer clothes...the real necessities ....LMAO!
There is no flipping way any 18 year kid should EVER be handed $2400 a month.

I agree with a poster way back... the next people to be sued by this little twit will be the Iglesino's!

Absolutely 100% agree as well. They better watch out. If she wins, she will sue them for mismanaging her support money. If she loses, she'll sue for fraud or something. They better watch it.

You know I am a big believer in the fact that it is a parents job to parent until a child attains legal majority. And in that post listed by the gothamist the girl made a good point that the parents should be parenting. (Just wait and keep reading.)

As parents they should be legally obligated to support her. Standard child laws exist and should be applied. I wonder if she can live on standard child support?

As parents they also have an obligation to protect her from bad influences. Obviously she has put herself in a vulnurable position through her poor decisions and exposed herself to some poor influences who may be taking advantage of her.

As parents they should try to reduce those influences. Since most of those influences seem to be connected to the school somehow...... the school has got to go. They should formally withdraw her from private school (parents can do that.) And immediately enroll her in public school. If any refunds are due back from the private school, dispensation can be made to the person who paid the fee in the first place. The girl should be immediately and legally advised of her change of school and that failure to attend will be noted and will result in legal charges (truency, incorrigible or whatever applies.) Or better yet at age 18 and not attending school, wouldn't she be considered emancipated?

As far as college fees go standard law should apply. Does standard law say the child has to go to the most expensive school? Do they apply a grade standard?

If parents can afford it I would advise them to hire a private detective and find out just exactly what this little girl is up to. I also believe there is more going on.

The parents have no power to withdraw her from school or enroll her in school. She is 18.

Also, the parents are no longer obligated to support her as she is over 18 and not living with either. Standard child support laws obligate parents to continue paying support for a child who is over 18 but still in high school if that child is in the custody of at least one of the parents. This kid voluntarily and willfully left. Heir obligation is thus over.

bbm,

Totally different case. He contracted in his divorce decree to do so with no stipulation as to what school, etc. The law governing that case does not apply here.

BBM: I'm thinking that it is too bad she can't be put into the military for a while after she graduates high school. Maybe a real, tough as nails drill sargent could make her rethink her opinion of her parents.

the only problem with that is, girls (or even guys) like her RUIN the military. they are a disruption, they make false claims, get in continual trouble etc. i have seen a ton of screws up like her fail the military....even after having DIs yell in their faces.

this girl is way too screwed up to be in the military. the military should not be about fixing mentally ill children. it is about our national defense. and that girl is not military material.

now what would maybe work would be an 'outward bound' type of program. but please, keep horrible vile people like her out of our military!!

Here's the link talks about trying to open profile in father's name. Look at last paragraph.

Just the thought that now your own child can ruin you on the internet. Something for all parents to think about. Jmo

Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ciao

yeah, that puts my previous comment about LOL and this being a lifetime moving into perspective. as wacky as this case is........you are right, this is also very scary. back in the day it was rebellious kids calling CPS saying "my dad hit me". now it is SO easy to absolutely destroy someone's life online.

this girl is nothing short of dangerous. she is not immature. she is a calculating psychopath.

BBM: I'm thinking that it is too bad she can't be put into the military for a while after she graduates high school. Maybe a real, tough as nails drill sargent could make her rethink her opinion of her parents.

This situation really happened to a family I know and was close too. The family was close doing the two girls younger years then really started to have problems with the oldest one during high school years. sneaking out after curfew to party with boyfriend and friends drinking etc. Finally Dad and mom put their foot down when she was 17 going on 18. She made the choice to move out to live with boyfriend and his parents. Dad and mom let her go even though their hearts were heavy refused to pay for anything school wise also.
Daughter then found out life was tough but she ended up joining the air force
(cause she had no where else to go). Today her title is Doctor and her and her families bond is as strong as ever. Oh, she did end up marrying the same boyfriend and now has two children of her own. Happy ending...

the only problem with that is, girls (or even guys) like her RUIN the military. they are a disruption, they make false claims, get in continual trouble etc. i have seen a ton of screws up like her fail the military....even after having DIs yell in their faces.

this girl is way too screwed up to be in the military. the military should not be about fixing mentally ill children. it is about our national defense. and that girl is not military material.

now what would maybe work would be an 'outward bound' type of program. but please, keep horrible vile people like her out of our military!!

Last thing that girl needs is a gun;)

I'm wondering if this temper tantrum of hers has caused her to lose her scholarships?
I can't imagine any college wanting her.
She still working for TGIF?
Can't imagine any employer hiring her or continuing to employ her. She's bad for business. A liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Her best friend (Lawyer's daughter) works at TGIF, too. What a treat for TGIF. Double trouble.

I wonder if this will come up when her boyfriend's father testifies that his son had nothing to do with her hijinks:

According to her parents, Rachel and her boyfriend had been suspended from school for posting inappropriate messages on social media and for skipping class and was removed as captain of the cheerleading squad for her behavior.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-payments-expenses-are-they-still-dependents/

this must be when the boyfriend's father was dropping her off home:

Additionally, her parents claimed that she stayed out too late drinking during the school week, coming it at least once at 3:00a.m.

Her best friend (Lawyer's daughter) works at TGIF, too. What a treat for TGIF. Double trouble.

... if they still have jobs. I'm sure it's the talk of the town.

:eyeroll:

If RC was mine she (Kitzmiller) would not be able to count the number of times she and I had a verbal smack down. Not sure of the situation about RC going over to this boys house to drink ( did parents let her go or did she sneak) but bring my child home drunk without being really ticked off yourself, you will get words. I want to see the flames coming out your head especially if they did that under your watch.
I'm sure RC's parents know him enough to judge his character so I will say if they dislike him and his family then what was said was pretty mild. I have said way worse to the face of the person that I felt was wrong and not doing right.

If true, I am surprised the parents didn't walk RC up to the door and let her parents know she was drunk. Clearly the drinking was, as stated by RC's parents, allowed and even encouraged at that home. I certainly don't understand it - I would not want the responsibility, let alone LIABILITY, for letting my teen's underage friends drink in my home.

Rachel posted a self-righteous Facebook rant (today) Friday slamming her parents’ generation — ironically enough — as greedy and entitled:

“Suburban baby boomer types are the spoiled lot, they make massive amount of money a year, they are used to flying to luxury destinations when they want, and buy things that they don't need, people should be inclined to see things my way,” Canning wrote in an early morning outburst on Friday.

The now-middle-aged parents prefer “retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children's college and young adult years,” she said in the unexpected commentary, which expanded to making sweeping statements about the current state of the job market.

“In today's economy there are no more meaningful jobs and without family help it's usually military or bust,” read the rant.

“I see parents like this every day, children were always an accessory to them and nothing more, once that accessory grew up and went out of fashion, much like a marriage that people allegedly commit to, the child becomes a throwaway, that's just how it is,” Canning wrote on Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...facebook-rant-article-1.1714105#ixzz2vIVOJ9JQ

Wow - every time this little brat opens her mouth I feel steam coming out of my ears. Poor, poor Rachel. Your parents wealth isn't your wealth, darling! They EARNED it. Go out and earn your own.

Rachel posted a self-righteous Facebook rant (today) Friday slamming her parents’ generation — ironically enough — as greedy and entitled:

“Suburban baby boomer types are the spoiled lot, they make massive amount of money a year, they are used to flying to luxury destinations when they want, and buy things that they don't need, people should be inclined to see things my way,” Canning wrote in an early morning outburst on Friday.

The now-middle-aged parents prefer “retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children's college and young adult years,” she said in the unexpected commentary, which expanded to making sweeping statements about the current state of the job market.

“In today's economy there are no more meaningful jobs and without family help it's usually military or bust,” read the rant.

“I see parents like this every day, children were always an accessory to them and nothing more, once that accessory grew up and went out of fashion, much like a marriage that people allegedly commit to, the child becomes a throwaway, that's just how it is,” Canning wrote on Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...facebook-rant-article-1.1714105#ixzz2vIVOJ9JQ

Oh yeah - any how many different prom dresses did we see in photos? How much was cheerleading camp? Your cheerleading uniform? Your car? Your orthodontia? Your private school tuition?

This young woman is incredibly hateful and unfortunately doesn't know how ignorant she sounds or how she comes across. Just not likeable.

Willing to bet that, as a retired police chief, Rachel's father probably knows more about the Kitzmiller kid than we are allowed to know-and probably knows trouble when he sees it. It doesn't help, though, that the Cannings created their own monster by indulging her to the point where she expects it.

I am amazed at how many parents are still providing their underage children and their friends with alcohol, in a time when parents are being prosecuted for it. I guess they don't want their kids to be unpopular-god forbid!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back