Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Inglesino played a major role in publicizing this very private matter, he should pay for Mr. and Mrs. Canning's legal bills.

I certainly hope she's been humbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it.

I see their lives continuing in the same vein as before; lots of highs and lows. Not necessarily any different from many families' dysfunctions, but hopefully from now on they will use other less public forms of dealing with their issues.

Gotta say, the Canning parents are stronger than I could ever be in this situation.

The allegations RC made against her father were shattering.

I hope that RC can open her eyes, and her head, and most importantly, HER HEART, and realize what an amazing family she has.

earlier today on her "Education for Rachel" page:

If higher education was not as absolutely messed up as it is, things would've been different, but right now its pretty messed up.

Not living with your parents should not be punishable by loss of a quality education, this is how how messed up higher education is, and that’s not Rachel's fault. If things have to be that extreme, then there is no reason why the parents should be able to keep their welfare benefits that will be paid out of her wallet.

There is no moral reason why Rachel's parents should be rewarded with a higher lifestyle when at the same time they are actively lowering their daughter's income.

https://www.facebook.com/educationforrachel

Ever the victim - still blaming the entire world for her problems. Her parents aren't "actively lowering their daughter's income". What income? Their income isn't her income! Some serious entitlement issues going on there. They aren't taking away anything Rachel earned herself as "income". :banghead:

Late to the game here - I see she has supposedly moved back home. I do not believe this will go well within their four walls. Rachel has demonstrated how utterly immature and vicious she is when it comes to her parents. She will not change overnight. It is very sad that the two younger siblings will be living in a house full of strife caused by their older sister.

Gotta say, the Canning parents are stronger than I could ever be in this situation.

The allegations RC made against her father were shattering.

I hope that RC can open her eyes, and her head, and most importantly, HER HEART, and realize what an amazing family she has.

IF she has an amazing family. She didn't grow up in a vacuum - Rachel is the person she is today in part because of her upbringing. I'm not willing to hang a halo on these parents' heads.

The lawyer representing Rachel's parents held a press conference Wednesday afternoon confirming that the family has been reunited.

'My clients will be known for this for quite some time... As far as my clients are concerned it's over, it's done,' attorney Angelo Sarno said. 'Rachel's back home.'

'This is a long process, it's only the beginning,' he said. 'This is a private matter. It should have never been brought to the court's attention. It should have never been brought to the public.'

Mr Sarno added that the family wishes for the matter to remain private from now on, but felt the pressure to address their reunion in case it came out later.

'Her return home is not contingent on any financial and/or other considerations,' Mr Sarno said in an earlier statement released Wednesday.
'They're not athletes, they're not actors. They didn't ask for this attention... Please respect the Canning's privacy. 'This is a happy situation.' 'It's ancient history, it's done...over on a different level, not legal.'

He said that while they are happy that it is now resolved, their two other children have been affected. 'Nothing good can come from this,' Mr Sarno said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sued-parents-returns-home.html#ixzz2vmN10uFZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IF she has an amazing family. She didn't grow up in a vacuum - Rachel is the person she is today in part because of her upbringing. I'm not willing to hang a halo on these parents' heads.

Thank you. I had similar thoughts about the family dynamic. As the saying goes, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Something isn't right here, and there is likely much more to this family saga than has been made known - as public as the case has become. Hopefully, the entire family will seek help with their issues before Rachel's younger siblings take a similar path to resolving family conflicts. :moo:

It seems RC took advantage of her parents marital issues. If they were in a struggle to mend their relationship maybe R C felt left out. If R C could have just given it some time she wouldn't ended up in the frame of mind she was in. Marital discord happens to the best of couples. Hopefully they can all work together to get their peaceful family life back. Hope this has a happy ending with the help of a more positive person than that horrible attorney , advisor RC got involved with. He is despicable.....

We can argue nature vs nurture til the cows come home but the truth of the matter is that we don't know that the parents are the cause of this problem. The "family problems" that were put out there for everyone to see appear to be more Rachel problems instead. Drinking (underage), skipping school, saying dad was inappropriate towards her, etc all point to HER being the problem. This "child" is showing that she is a spoiled brat that will use whatever blackmail she can to get her way.

I'm disappointed that the parents let her move back home. The problems are going to be even worse, IMO, because she got her way. What happens when/if she decides to go after her younger siblings? I hope that Rachel learned a lesson, but I really doubt that she did.

MOO

We can argue nature vs nurture til the cows come home but the truth of the matter is that we don't know that the parents are the cause of this problem. The "family problems" that were put out there for everyone to see appear to be more Rachel problems instead. Drinking (underage), skipping school, saying dad was inappropriate towards her, etc all point to HER being the problem. This "child" is showing that she is a spoiled brat that will use whatever blackmail she can to get her way.

I'm disappointed that the parents let her move back home. The problems are going to be even worse, IMO, because she got her way. What happens when/if she decides to go after her younger siblings? I hope that Rachel learned a lesson, but I really doubt that she did.

MOO

Echoes of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias. Parents know that something isn't right with their loved one. They are reluctant to do anything about it. Don't upset the apple cart. Keep this in-house. Pretend that everything is fine. I shudder to think what might happen inside the Canning home :scared:

Hours after Rachel Canning returned home today, her attorney requested a court-appointed legal guardian for the 18-year-old who sued her parents for support.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...al_guardian_for_nj_teen_who_sued_parents.html

“Just a few days ago, Rachel Canning indicated she could not go back home with her parents and she required a promise of some financial assistance going forward," Helfand wrote. “Now, after speaking with her mother yesterday, she said she is waiving her complaint and is receiving no promises or consideration in return.”

She said it was critical that if her client does dismiss the matter, that it be done “of her own free will and not due to the extreme pressure of her parents and the media.”

Hours after Rachel Canning returned home today, her attorney requested a court-appointed legal guardian for the 18-year-old who sued her parents for support.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...al_guardian_for_nj_teen_who_sued_parents.html

“Just a few days ago, Rachel Canning indicated she could not go back home with her parents and she required a promise of some financial assistance going forward," Helfand wrote. “Now, after speaking with her mother yesterday, she said she is waiving her complaint and is receiving no promises or consideration in return.”

She said it was critical that if her client does dismiss the matter, that it be done “of her own free will and not due to the extreme pressure of her parents and the media.”

How does an 18 yr. old need a legal guardian she is not disabled. She is an adult now. This attorney just can't let go.

This does NOT bode well for her staying at home. If I were her parents, I'd throw her out again. She's 18 now, they have no further financial obligations. She could transfer to a public high school to finish out the year- no cost there!!

What on earth? Why is the attorney messing around? Didn't the girl go home less than 24 hrs ago? The attorney has to be acting under someone's orders, correct?

I predicted that Rachel and her attorneys would immediately begin trying to settle, once the ex parte ws denied. Because that judge fully indicated they would lose the case. This may be a byproduct of her attorneys explaining to her that it would be a battle, so they should try to settle, thus she and possibly the Inglesinos decided they couldn't take the backlash anymore and it was no longer worth it.

What on earth? Why is the attorney messing around? Didn't the girl go home less than 24 hrs ago? The attorney has to be acting under someone's orders, correct?

Three words: Outstanding attorney's fees.

"A psychologist certified that the parents are abusive. School faculty certified that the parents abuse the child," Helfand wrote, asking that the parents pay for a legal guardian and that a gag order be placed on all parties to refrain from discussing the case.

Family Division Judge Peter Bogaard in Morris County, who is handling the case, denied the application.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...seeks_guardian_for_teen_who_sued_parents.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back