Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was curious about the Catholic high school that Rachel attended. Based on the school's philosophy, high standards, and stellar reputation, it was a privilege for this young woman to attend the prestigious private high school. I would imagine that the publicity surrounding this case has become a source of embarrassment for Morris Catholic.

http://www.morriscatholic.org/index.aspx

Unless I am missing something, being unemancipated means that you do NOT have the freedom to do as you are please. Once she turned 18 and walked out that door voluntarily, she was emancipated. You don't require a judge to sign off on it.

That quote is what makes me think that Rachel actually put that page up. Plus the NY Post claiming she told them it was hers.... If this is what the inside of her head looks like ..... Heaven help her parents and her younger sisters..... I am interested/ frightened to see how she reacts....

Her father spoke today:

Sean Canning on Saturday said he and his wife cannot bear to see Rachel being “savaged” in the court of public opinion and want her home. He has said that a college tuition fund in her name will be there for her.

“The war drums keep beating against her. My wife and I are pained to see this, to see her be savaged, to see Rachel be tabloid fodder.”

While Rachel could not immediately be reached Saturday, Sean Canning said he does not believe Rachel is the author of rants against “greedy parents,” on a Facebook page entitled “Education for Rachel” and established Wednesday.

Sean Canning said: “We don't think Rachel wrote those; maybe it's someone close to her. We just think this is a terrible tragedy, it's just become tabloid material. We want Rachel to come home.”

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...aughter-savaged-by-public-after-lawsuit-filed

After reading the Dad's pleas, I really feel for her parents more than ever. Can you imagine having a very personal family matter become nationwide fodder, and having no control over it? I applaud him speaking out about his daughter in a protective way.

IMO - this situation would never have gotten this far without the full on "assistance" of Mr. Inglesino. I wonder if many of his cronies would like to be standing next to Mr. Inglesino as he now appears, to me, to reek like last week's garbage.

I was curious about the Catholic high school that Rachel attended. Based on the school's philosophy, high standards, and stellar reputation, it was a privilege for this young woman to attend the prestigious private high school. I would imagine that the publicity surrounding this case has become a source of embarrassment for Morris Catholic.

http://www.morriscatholic.org/index.aspx

Just for a little perspective, Morris County NJ has some extremely wealthy old money areas. The towns these people live in are not those towns. Denville (where the school is), Lincoln Park (where the Cannings live), Parsippany (where Inglesino works) are decidedly blue collar for the most part. I think I read Inglesino lives in Randolph, which is the same. Most of the kids at Morris Catholic are from those towns and towns like them. It is private, but not very prestigious. If you want prestige, you would go to nearby Mendham, Chester, Morristown -- that general area.

It does surprise me is that the school allows the student to live with another student's parent against her own parents' wishes and still attend.
jmo

in another matter:

Parsippany councilmen call for Inglesino to resign

“If the mayor refuses to remove Mr. Inglesino, or Mr. Inglesino does not resign effective Monday, March 10, 2014 at 4 p.m., the council will consider a resolution removing him,” Carifi wrote.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...ppany-councilmen-call-for-Inglesino-to-resign

It's interesting. The other night while I was digging around I found some previous issue between Inglesino and Carifi. Apparently there was a law suit between Carifi's brother and the city (who Ingesino was the attorney for.) Carifi's brother was a police chief, I believe. It sounds like the city forced him out and was trying to revoke his pension. At that time Carifi was trying to oust Ingelsino for conflict of interest.

I think there is definitely some political background here.

I'll see if I can find the links.

ETA-
Attorney won't tell Parsippany councilmen what he's doing for township

Councilmen Jonathan Nelson and Paul Carifi over the last month requested full copies of legal bills for Inglesino's firm from 2013.

Instead, they received the bills with the section blacked out describing the services Inglesino performs when he's charging the township. . . .

Paul Carifi's brother, retiring police Capt. James Carifi, is embroiled in a longstanding feud with Parsippany. James Carifi is also at the center of what Barberio and Inglesino say constitute conflicts of interest for Nelson and Paul Carifi.

James Carifi has sued the township, accusing it of blocking his ascension through the department's ranks because he blew the whistle on departmental misconduct. Though a judge granted a procedural motion to dismiss the suit, Inglesino and James Carifi's attorney each said they expect it to be reinstated.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/...y_councilmen_what_hes_doing_for_township.html

More articles on the same issue. . .

http://www.parsippanyfocus.com/inglesino-up-in-the-air/

http://parsippany.patch.com/groups/...ly-over-council-attorney-conflict-of-interest

http://paterson.icito.com/tag/council-president-carifi/

Part of the court session:

[video=youtube;cDxR8aAti9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxR8aAti9U[/video]

Where is the rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for a little perspective, Morris County NJ has some extremely wealthy old money areas. The towns these people live in are not those towns. Denville (where the school is), Lincoln Park (where the Cannings live), Parsippany (where Inglesino works) are decidedly blue collar for the most part. I think I read Inglesino lives in Randolph, which is the same. Most of the kids at Morris Catholic are from those towns and towns like them. It is private, but not very prestigious. If you want prestige, you would go to nearby Mendham, Chester, Morristown -- that general area.

It does surprise me is that the school allows the student to live with another student's parent against her own parents' wishes and still attend.
jmo

There is a certain degree of "prestige" associated with any student whose parents opt to send them to private or parochial schools. Rachel's parents have paid $12,000+ annually (plus books, fees, transportation, uniform, etc.) for their daughter to attend a Catholic high school rather than the local public schools. I'm sure that there are schools that are more elite, pricier, and perhaps more prestigious, but Morris Catholic still offers a private education as opposed to Rachael attending public school.

jmo

BBM - If you watch the video above, you'll hear RC's attorney state it was the School who called the Inglesino's and asked that they take her RC in. (Hmmm... if that's true.)

You'll also learn what causes RC to smile in the photo we've seen - her attorney was discussing why RC was suspended from the school for two days, noting it was not due to suspected drinking, but rather a tweet RC sent out - FMC. The judged states "I got it" with the understanding that it means F%&$ Morris Catholic. This causes Ms. Independence to giggle.

BBM - If you watch the video above, you'll hear RC's attorney state it was the School who called the Inglesino's and asked that they take her RC in.

I watched and read the papers, too. I think the girl's lawyer was gilding the lily on a lot of her claims -- including this one. Based on the pleadings, I think it will come out that the school called the Inglesino's as an alternative because Rachel was staying with her boyfriend and THAT was totally unacceptable to the school. Not sure what the school's understanding was about why Rachel was not staying at her home, but I think they had initiated the DYFS investigation based on Rachel's reporting. So maybe the timing of the school letting her go to the Inglesino's as an initial matter was pending the DYFS investigation that found no abuse, idk. I'd also like to read the Schilling affidavit. The lawyer says that Rachel was absolved of the drinking, but I think it was more like they just couldn't prove it. The list goes on. Fortunately, it sounds like the Judge isn't having any of it. He was basically saying to Rachel's lawyer, work it out amongst yourselves, because you won't like what I do. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back