Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That restaurant is in Alexandria, not Charlottesville. Different place.

Corrected:

"What are your opening hours?
We serve dinner Monday–Saturday from 5:00pm to 10pm. Our bar is open until midnight Monday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.

Where can customers park?
Parking can usually be found on street around the Downtown Mall. There is also a parking garage on the corner of 4th and Water Street.."

http://www.tempocville.com//

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x89b38626e8464649:0x52be039abb5a1d99

What a frightening account! It plainly paints imo a picture of an inebriated Hannah being led by JM. Did JM buy her drinks to further her condition so he would have control over her? READING THAT HE SEEMED TO HOLD HER UP as they walked GIVES ME CHILLS.

It does give you chills. He is obviously a predator. Had I run into him, and he started touching me like that, I would have been scared of him and gotten away as soon as I could. I think Hannah must have been very drunk and/or drugged. It's all so sad and tragic. You wish you could go back in time and save her.

In my posts 162 and 164 above.

It is speculation of course, but fits all the reported facts except the one in dispute (that HG was ever inside Tempo, which the owner addresses elsewhere as a witness confused by the presence of a different woman, similarly dressed at the bar, for a good part of the night.)

I don't think HG was ever in there. She just waited outside while he quickly bought a couple of beers and snuck them out the side door.

Thanks, it reads as if it were a fact though. Someone might read that and later on and repeat it, thinking that it's true. We need to state if we're speculating to avoid rumor and misinformation.

Having said all that - I really like your therory! ;)

If you read the article the bar owner doesn't say "she wasn't in the restaurant" he very carefully (IMHO) and repeatedly says none of us "recall" or "remember" her being in the restaurant. Which seems like the sort of careful statement that would be crafted under the advice of an attorney. Someone mentioned they were unexpectedly closed earlier this week ... maybe an all-hands, get-our-story-straight meeting.

I'm happy they've come forward, and at least seem to have good recall of the most important facts, ie. she left with him, when they left, and that she appeared "incapacitated". I just worry that their, lets say, "less-good-memory" of earlier events might negatively affect the perceived value of their testimony in an eventual case, or more importantly might omit some vital element that might lead us to Hannah.

I actually find their public statement in poor taste. To me it reads as a CYA. There was no need for them to publicly disclose any information they provided to authorities. The "public statement" could have simply addressed their genuine concern for her welfare and ongoing cooperation with the investigation, instead they phrase it in a way to basically publicly relinquish themselves of any potential liability. It didn't even need written the way it was. If they had truly cared, a comment in regards to concern and cooperation would have been issued much earlier than it was. Just my opinion...

It does give you chills. He is obviously a predator. Had I run into him, and he started touching me like that, I would have been scared of him and gotten away as soon as I could. I think Hannah must have been very drunk and/or drugged. It's all so sad and tragic. You wish you could go back in time and save her

I know! Sure wish we knew why she was alone so much that night.

Thanks, it reads as if it were a fact though. Someone might read that and later on and repeat it, thinking that it's true. We need to state if we're speculating to avoid rumor and misinformation.

This ^!! The speculation, assumptions, imagination, and leaps are not helpful and potentially harmful, imo.

OK thanks for the clarification, but no I don't believe that that's possible. The two videos from the mall basically have the same time stamps, so they back each other up.

Hannah is walking toward the direction of Tempo in both videos and in the 2nd video they're both walking together. And WG is in both. So there's not really any doubt that the two videos belong together in the same timeframe. It would be odd for both timestamps to be off by the same large time interval, so I think it's safe to conclude they're reasonably accurate - within say maybe a minute or so of the true time.

I think the only explanation is that the Tempo timestamps are off.

But to your point it is strange though that the door attendants at Tempo said that they walked toward the mall but we don't know of any video footage from any mall cameras showing that.

And yes it is also strange that she seems to be walking alone one minute and literally the next minute be walking comfortably with a complete stranger.

From googling Tempo, I see that it is NOT on the Mall.It is on 5thse which dead ends at the mall. JMO

Corrected:

"What are your opening hours?
We serve dinner Monday–Saturday from 5:00pm to 10pm. Our bar is open until midnight Monday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.

Where can customers park?
Parking can usually be found on street around the Downtown Mall. There is also a parking garage on the corner of 4th and Water Street.."

http://www.tempocville.com//

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x89b38626e8464649:0x52be039abb5a1d99

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left sometime after that. He said that Tempo staffers saw Graham outside the bar and thought she appeared intoxicated. They saw her leave with Matthew on foot.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_e124f40c-16b5-5304-96a7-32a6b9beac75.html

bbm All I got to say is IF I owned a bar and closing was 1:00 ALL bar tabs would be closed before 1 and not after, but that's just me. No need in giving anyone an excuse to pull my liquor license, just sayin. jmo idk

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left sometime after that. He said that Tempo staffers saw Graham outside the bar and thought she appeared intoxicated. They saw her leave with Matthew on foot.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_e124f40c-16b5-5304-96a7-32a6b9beac75.html

bbm All I got to say is IF I owned a bar and closing was 1:00 ALL bar tabs would be closed before 1 and not after, but that's just me. No need in giving anyone an excuse to pull my liquor license, just sayin. jmo idk

JMO She was seen leaving the area held up by JM after last call around 1:45 according to "Abby" the doorperson at Tempo. JMO

The scene at Tempos gives me the impression that they didnt spend much time together at all when at Tempos. If its true from 110 to 145. Where was HG this whole time? outside? why wait for JM?

She wanted to be with him.

If there was some kind of conspiracy by Tempo to deflect responsibility, why would the doorperson & staffers describe her as highly intoxicated? Certainly they would consider the possibility she could be placed inside.

From googling Tempo, I see that it is NOT on the Mall.It is on 5thse which dead ends at the mall. JMO

Yes, you're right on that. I know that Tempo is on 5th, but I still was thinking that the would have walked on Main St. at some point or were at least likely to if they were heading that way. But others have pointed out that it isn't necessarily the case.

Debra Alfarone ‏@DebraAlfarone 9m
Bar owner says underage #HannahGraham could barely walk out of Tempo bar w/o help, says @USATODAY @wusa9 is in #Charlottesville

https://twitter.com/DebraAlfarone

Feeling uncomfortable about this, and struggling to understand, wasn't the Tuels video after they left Tempo? I watched it again over and over this morning, HG's stride seems pretty steady to me. IMO she sure does not look like she can 'barely walk'

Debra Alfarone ‏@DebraAlfarone 9m
Bar owner says underage #HannahGraham could barely walk out of Tempo bar w/o help, says @USATODAY @wusa9 is in #Charlottesville

Feeling uncomfortable about this, and struggling to understand, wasn't the Tuels video after they left Tempo? I watched it again over and over this morning, HG's stride seems pretty steady to me. IMO she sure does not look like she can 'barely walk'

So is tempo changing their story about Hannah being inside?
Hmmm

Respectfully snipped for focus

I agree with the rest of your post and even agree with the sentiment behind the last statement but you wouldnt be open for very long in a college town if you closed an hour earlier than many of your competitors....and missing out on the VERY lucrative bar business of college students for that hour.

A restaurant thats doing well makes a 10 percent profit off of all food items sold.

The profit from alcohol is often 200-300 percent

Debra Alfarone ‏@DebraAlfarone 16m

BBM which is it? She never was in there, or she could barely walk out without help?

During the presser yesterday it was said she was seen inside by someone.

If there was some kind of conspiracy by Tempo to deflect responsibility, why would the doorperson & staffers describe her as highly intoxicated? Certainly they would consider the possibility she could be placed inside.

IMO they said she wasn't allowed in because she'd had too much to drink. We now know she was indeed inside.

Bar owner: Missing student incapacitated from drinking

<snipped>

Tempo Restaurant owner Brice Cunningham told The Associated Press on Thursday that Hannah Graham appeared to be incapacitated as she walked away with Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. nearly two weeks ago.

Matthew - had been drinking at the bar earlier that night before he encountered the 18-year-old sophomore outside on Charlottesville's pedestrian Downtown Mall, Cunningham said.

Matthew then briefly re-entered the bar, ordered what credit card records suggest were two beers, and rejoined the teenager outside. The bar's door monitor told police they walked off with Matthew's arm around her for support, he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/26/hannah-graham-missing-student-uva/16249575/

ETA: To clarify the @USAToday article does NOT say she walked out of the bar, reporters twisting words possibly. (the tweet I posted)

Having said that, these people at Tempo need to shut up! MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107