Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with this, and this would happen to me in my college drinking days. Everyone would say I was acting fine and suddenly incapacitated. I'm on the fence whether she was drugged. I definitely think she needed a bathroom, as I posted on another thread. For girls, a gas station bathroom is almost worse than just going behind a tree, IMO. Not surprised she didn't go to Shell and do think that's what she asked for at mcgradys.

I agree with this, and this would happen to me in my college drinking days. Everyone would say I was acting fine and suddenly incapacitated. I'm on the fence whether she was drugged. I definitely think she needed a bathroom, as I posted on another thread. For girls, a gas station bathroom is almost worse than just going behind a tree, IMO. Not surprised she didn't go to Shell and do think that's what she asked for at mcgradys.
Fancy, do you not think she was looking for a person at Mcgradys? Just a toilet?

I am in the fence about the drugged theory, also. This theory would presume that JM had the drug on him...which I suppose for HIM would be believable, especially on a weekend evening...

In my wildest theorizing, I think the women he high fived on the Tuels video passed him the date rape drug to use on HG.

There is about a half hour between the time JM paid for two drinks and when the checker outside Tempo saw JM and Hannah outsde. I don't think that is that much time if you consider she might have had a drink, used the rest room, and waited for JM to buy the drinks and bring them over. Add in the fact that she was feeling a dip in her capacities, and might have wanted to sit and try to clear her head, and it makes sense. Don't know if there is a bench outside of Tempo where she could have waited or an area inside by the side door or if she flat out came into the Tempo. My guess is that JM knew of a little "pocket" near that side door where she could sit unseen by the main area, and she sat there.

Fancy, do you not think she was looking for a person at Mcgradys? Just a toilet?

I am in the fence about the drugged theory, also. This theory would presume that JM had the drug on him...which I suppose for HIM would be believable, especially on a weekend evening...

In my wildest theorizing, I think the women he high fived on the Tuels video passed him the date rape drug to use on HG.

I am not on the fence about her being drugged. I may be wrong, but I very strongly believe she was slipped something without her knowledge or consent. And I am equally convinced that it was JLM who gave it to her. I just don't see any other explanation for the seemingly so sudden change from walking well to literally having to be held up. JMO

I am not on the fence about her being drugged. I may be wrong, but I very strongly believe she was slipped something without her knowledge or consent. And I am equally convinced that it was JLM who gave it to her. I just don't see any other explanation for the seemingly so sudden change from walking well to literally having to be held up. JMO
I wish there was video of her barely walking after Tempo to really see what state she was in. Is there just one witness to that, or does LE have video they aren't releasing?

I wish there was video of her barely walking after Tempo to really see what state she was in. Is there just one witness to that, or does LE have video they aren't releasing?

Very good question.

BBM. How true this is....

Snipped for focus.

I know you said wildest, but I can't come up with any reason that would remotely be the case.

Snipped for focus.

I know you said wildest, but I can't come up with any reason that would remotely be the case.
I know. It was conceptualized in the very beginning, when I was sure there was a larger human trafficking ring this was all a part of. WG, BG, and high five lady were all a part in it. I no longer believe this theory myself :)

I know. It was conceptualized in the very beginning, when I was sure there was a larger human trafficking ring this was all a part of. WG, BG, and high five lady were all a part in it. I no longer believe this theory myself :)

Fair enough :) Those poor women... if they only knew! :D

All possible. He could have also given Hannah's cell phone a beer douse and soak before pitching it. That would have killed the battery.

I did not get the sense that the person who placed Hannah in the bar had much info or insight in the matter. Though I think it's probably that Hannah was in Tempo, the ID of one witness at that time of the night in a bar is not particularly reliable, especially, if indeed there was someone dressed like her in the place as the manager of Tempo said. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info from Tempo, and LE isn't pushing the issue of whether Hannah was in there or not. I guess it's not all that important as she did leave the area alive, though not walking steadily as she was when going TO Tempo.

We are led to believe that the person didn't have much insight...but LE seems to holding a lot of things close to the vest on this case...so I can see them downplaying that witness if it was indeed actually a helpful witness...I can also see if he was an acquaintance of JM them being worried he might change his mind with too much pressure.

All possibilities.

Fair enough :) Those poor women... if they only knew! :D
LOL! I know! I had them pinned as human trafficking conspirators! Meanwhile, it's more likely they're just choir women from JMs church. Or nurse co-workers at the hospital. LOL
Gotta love a good imagination, though[emoji5]

There is about a half hour between the time JM paid for two drinks and when the checker outside Tempo saw JM and Hannah outsde. I don't think that is that much time if you consider she might have had a drink, used the rest room, and waited for JM to buy the drinks and bring them over. Add in the fact that she was feeling a dip in her capacities, and might have wanted to sit and try to clear her head, and it makes sense. Don't know if there is a bench outside of Tempo where she could have waited or an area inside by the side door or if she flat out came into the Tempo. My guess is that JM knew of a little "pocket" near that side door where she could sit unseen by the main area, and she sat there.

That sounds very plausible to me.

If HG went to the bathroom that could have been when JLM grabbed her phone as well (provided she still had it with her at this point)

And it could have been when he put the date rape drug in her drink (if he did so)

Assuming it took 5-10 minutes for HG to go to the bathroom (sometimes theres a long line at the door to the ladies room as many women can attest) and that it took JLM a couple of minutes to order and receive the beers (its been documented that JLM ordered two beers and payed for them a minute later...so it stands to reason that the bartender got back to him with the beers just as quickly)

Then JLM and HG would have had 17 to 22 minutes to drink their beers and talk before leaving the bar together. A bit longer if she went to the bathroom while he ordered drinks.

To me thats important because according to all other accounts, JLM had been drinking shots of bourbon all night.

Again why the change in pace and in drinks?

Either JLM was almost out of money at this point (beer is usually cheaper than shots of liquor) OR it was

because HG wanted a beer and wanted to drink it slowly (because she didnt know him well enough to trust him yet and or/realized she was still inebriated)

After re-watching all of the surveillance videos I find it hard to believe that a single beer put HG into such a state as described by the door person when she was leaving the bar with JLM at 1:45.

To me, it looked like she had been sobering up up until then.

BBM:

As trashy as it is, when I go out and don't have pockets or a purse, I stick my phone in my bra.

(O/T, so wierd you just said that---my friend was just telling me tonight about possible links to Breast Cancer from doing this, not sure how valid it is, just saying...)

I agree. Here is the street view from Tempo outside. I see at least one camera on the building to the right.

http://goo.gl/maps/TJazH

http://goo.gl/maps/t6jAq

http://goo.gl/maps/QgoyW

Thank you for these views. I have pictured a patio area in front of the restaurant (like some of the restaurants along the main part of DM) but these views nip that. I thought earlier accounts by patrons and employees mentioned people milling around outside and possibly even dancing around, including JM. If that's the case, I can see how this would be congested and confusing for any eyewitness to have an accurate account, especially at last call when people are closing tabs, gathering their belongings & group they're with, etc.
What is Virginia's law for outdoor drinking if there isn't a patio? I know that the smoking laws in NC have loosened up a lot of alcohol policy bc of people having to go outside to smoke (we know that JM is a smoker). But can someone just have an open container and stand around on a sidewalk? If so, then could JM and HM have discreetly carried their beers to JM's car to drink them?
Also, there is a lot of talk about the receipt time stamp of his last Tempo's transaction. We need to factor in the time it takes to get bartender's attention, place order, have bartender pour the drinks, ring the tab, settle the tab, etc. A 5-10 minute turnaround is not uncommon, especially the last hour at a bar when bartender is pre-occupied with staff's last calls, his last calls, cleaning up, settling tabs, etc. It's not uncommon for the bartender to be the go-to person of a bar/restaurant. I'm sure that JM didn't have his undivided, immediate attention.

In my wildest theorizing, I think the women he high fived on the Tuels video passed him the date rape drug to use on HG.[/QUOTE

Honestly I'm not sure she was looking for anyone there but a bathroom. From what I understand from google maps issue walked past the pub first- then came back and went to the door.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 133

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members