Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you so much! That's a great shot. It is a camera yes? :)

Yes, I am pretty certain that is a camera, and as close as it is to Tempo, I feel confident that LE surely checked it, early in the investigation, and possibly obtained pertinent video from it that we have not been made privy to. Great find! JMO

IMO, If Hannah's iPhone battery did die, JM could have gotten her to his car with the promise of a battery charger inside.

The fact that Hannah's phone was no use to her after she met Jesse Matthew reminds me of Morgan Harrington. Her phone was found in a parking lot near where she was last seen. The battery had been removed and is missing. Both women lost the use of their phones with Jesse. Morgan's phone was deliberately tampered with, and Hannah's disabled phone at 1:20-1:30AM was a coincidence? I doubt it.

The fact that Hannah's phone was no use to her after she met Jesse Matthew reminds me of Morgan Harrington. Her phone was found in a parking lot near where she was last seen. The battery had been removed and is missing. Both women lost the use of their phones with Jesse. Morgan's phone was deliberately tampered with, and Hannah's disabled phone at 1:20-1:30AM was a coincidence? I doubt it.

When I first read about MH's battery being missing, I thought the same thing. But, I've since read that MH was seen dropping her phone and someone said that a witness said the back of the phone fell off while it was still in her possession. Now I'm not sure if her killer did it or if the phone was disabled before she left the parking lot.

When I first read about MH's battery being missing, I thought the same thing. But, I've since read that MH was seen dropping her phone and someone said that a witness said the back of the phone fell off while it was still in her possession. Now I'm not sure if her killer did it or if the phone was disabled before she left the parking lot.
Interesting. If this is true, the losing of ones phone would surely make someone feel even more vulnerable/scared/alone, with no way to reach out to friends or call a cab (assuming the cab driver isn't a SK).

After Morgan left the arena, she accosted a man in the line, and dumped her purse perhaps looking for her ticket. Then she left the arena, and wandered across the parking lot to Lannigan Field.
At the same time, her purse appeared to have been dumped in the parking lot at Lannigan Park Field, even though witnesses reported that she crossed the Copley Bridge. When the phone was dumped in the parking lot, the battery not only fell out of her phone, but it was removed from the scene.

Interesting. If this is true, the losing of ones phone would surely make someone feel even more vulnerable/scared/alone, with no way to reach out to friends or call a cab (assuming the cab driver isn't a SK).

Let's suppose that she lost her phone, and that the battery popped out at the time that she lost the phone.

Where is the battery?
Why wasn't it next to the phone?
Given that the battery was removed from the scene, doesn't that mean that the dead phone was not an accident?

Wouldn't that increase the chance that Hannah's dead phone in the company of Jesse Matthew shortly before her abduction is not a coincidence?

I still think there's a strong possibility that JLM tasered Hannah. I can't think of anything else that would cause her to instantly become incapacitated.

Have you ever seen someone be tasered? You tube it, you might change your mind

I too think there was something wrong before 1:15. I keep thinking about her 12:45 arrival at McGrady's that drew the attention of at least four people (including the bouncer - who's seen it all) when she went off the screen for two minutes. I can't imagine what those people saw Hannah doing but it seems to have been extraordinary based on their reactions.

I don't think it would have to be that extraordinary. Its not really a street that too many girls would be walking down alone, at that time if night. So that alone would have stood out to them. They had seen enough of her at that point to know she was intoxicated. So you combine those two things and I can see how they would have been watching her. If she had tripped and fell, but then picked herself up and appeared ok, I can see that reaction. Or if she had gotten into a conversation with someone and voices where raised, if they where already watching, I can see this reaction if they thought it might be escalating.

Or If she was just denied a bathroom...perhaps she went to duck behind a car to pee. I know I pulled that a few desperate times in college. Maybe she wasnt as well hidden as she thought she was, or lost her balance.

Just some other possibilities.

After Morgan left the arena, she accosted a man in the line, and dumped her purse perhaps looking for her ticket. Then she left the arena, and wandered across the parking lot to Lannigan Field.
At the same time, her purse appeared to have been dumped in the parking lot at Lannigan Park Field, even though witnesses reported that she crossed the Copley Bridge. When the phone was dumped in the parking lot, the battery not only fell out of her phone, but it was removed from the scene.

It was never found, removed from the scene is speculation.

It was never found, removed from the scene is speculation.

The battery for Morgan Harrington's phone was not found. Her phone was found in the Lannigan Park Field parking lot - minus battery.

The fact that Morgan's phone was found without a battery suggests that someone tampered with her phone around the time that she was abducted. When Hannah's phone cut out at 1:20-130AM, when she was with Jesse Matthew, and given that Morgan Harrington had similar phone problems, I think that Jesse tampered with Hannah's phone.

JMO. Seems like he had a routine of trashing and /or taking phones....wasn't he accused of attempting to steal the lawyer's phone? Not sure if it was before or after he assaulted the man. JMO * The guy who LJ wound up taking to the hospital, and LJ blubbered about how sorry he was?

I suppose it is as least possible that someone found Morgan's phone, grabbed it and then tossed it out a bit later when discovered missing had been lost/fallen out/removed. Jmo

I suppose it is as least possible that someone found Morgan's phone, grabbed it and then tossed it out a bit later when discovered missing had been lost/fallen out/removed. Jmo

Or, if when she dropped it she saw the battery come out and she threw it...because she wasn't in the best of moods at the time.

I think it is extraordinary that no one who knew HG ever said she had a boyfriend,was seeing someone,used any drugs;all we know is she was a loving daughter,got straight A's,played sports, and was in the high school band. Usually friends will say something about the person they knew. Yet we heard nothing. So why was she downtown that night? she had to have been looking for someone she thought would be there. You don't have to track down someone to get drugs,everyone knows who uses,or sells. It feels like she was purposely hunting someone,her walk,run,etc depicts her looking. She didn't have a purse;but she probably had her ID,room key,and we know her phone. She was dressed to draw attention (sequined top). She probably had new roommates ,school was just starting. Who were her closest friends? They should know why she went downtown. Just some observations.

The battery for Morgan Harrington's phone was not found. Her phone was found in the Lannigan Park Field parking lot - minus battery.

The fact that Morgan's phone was found without a battery suggests that someone tampered with her phone around the time that she was abducted. When Hannah's phone cut out at 1:20-130AM, when she was with Jesse Matthew, and given that Morgan Harrington had similar phone problems, I think that Jesse tampered with Hannah's phone.

Sure that's one theory. Here's another....

.I think in this case its "possible" she had lost it before she had gotten in his cab. I think otherwise its "possible" she would have been calling someone while waiting on the bridge informing them she was going to take a cab home. She had first tried to get a ride somewhere from a group of Basketball players, they denied her because she was a stranger and because of her state. One of them witness her drop her phone, and saw the back come off. In her state, and trying to follow the boys, she might not have realized the back had popped off, and just reached for the main part of the phone, the battery might have still been attached, as some can fit pretty tight in there...but if she had dropped it again..walking on pavement it could have popped it out, perhaps sent it in a sewer or in in a pile of leaves....I'm not sure. But I can see how her cell would be the one thing shed be carrying while wearing her purse/backpack on her back. If she's trying to get a ride home she's not going to be returning her cell to her purse every time...and if she was in a heavily altered state for whatever reason...I can see her dropping her phone, while walking multiple times...so JM might not have needed to worry about that at all...he might have just gotten really lucky! She might have even said "I lost my cell phone" or "my phone won't work, I dropped it and lost the battery"

Part of the reason I think its a likely scenario in this case, its because I have trouble comprehending, if MH got into the back of the cab, which is the norm...and JM was driving up front how he would have gotten his hands on it, I doubt he would have "assaulted" her to get her phone when she first got in the cab, or even within the city limits...and it would have pinged at some point showing the direction away from Cville MH was headed. I think the cell was already lost or not working when she got into the car. I think JM knew that, and I think he knew because of that his movement couldn't be tracked, and he was "safe" driving her to Anchorage Farm....which is where I believe the change from nice cabi to SK happened.

I think it is extraordinary that no one who knew HG ever said she had a boyfriend,was seeing someone,used any drugs;all we know is she was a loving daughter,got straight A's,played sports, and was in the high school band. Usually friends will say something about the person they knew. Yet we heard nothing. So why was she downtown that night? she had to have been looking for someone she thought would be there. You don't have to track down someone to get drugs,everyone knows who uses,or sells. It feels like she was purposely hunting someone,her walk,run,etc depicts her looking. She didn't have a purse;but she probably had her ID,room key,and we know her phone. She was dressed to draw attention (sequined top). She probably had new roommates ,school was just starting. Who were her closest friends? They should know why she went downtown. Just some observations.

Just because her closest friends have not spoken of these things to the media does not mean that they have not told LE everything they know. LE probably has asked her friends that may have provided such information not to speak to the media, as they may be called to testify in any trial that results in this case. Also, not everyone with information seeks out the spotlight of being in the media. JMO

I had seen a post on the Find Hannah... FB page from someone who sounded like a roommate/friend that knew her from their freshman year. She had listed quite a few good memories of HG, some personal stuff about going to Starbucks and the spelling of her name, about taking pictures first thing in the morning, and a few other things I can't recall. When I went back to see it again, the post was gone. Her friends must have been asked not to say anything about her publicly.

My guess is that JM was able to sneak Hannah inside through some side door, and that there was a side area that was not easily viewable from bar or restaurant. I think Hannah might have sent her text if it was indeed written at 1:06am which is the last I read about the time of that, telling friends she was at a location she was not, with the intention that she would be dropped off there very soon. She also probably used the restroom, that may have been close to the side door Wish someone could give us a layout of Tempo including restroom, off areas, side door possibilities.

Here's an interesting photo I found that shows what appears to be an alley adjacent to Tempo that cuts through to the next street (a Stop sign is visible further into the photo):
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...aurant-october-2-2014-in-news-photo/456557788

The downward-facing street lamp shown in this photo appears elsewhere in a WS HG thread (I just saw it within the past hour, but cannot locate it at the moment. Someone--otto?-- showed a close-up of this light fixture, in discussing whether it may have been a camera.)

I see what you're seeing! Thank you.

Someone was asking for this picture. This is the camera on the next building over from Tempo. Thank you Otto for making it so clear. The links I posted are used as a reference point from Tempo to the adjacent business/ building. I have tried to zoom in on the storefront on that business but can't determine the name. I'll post it here and maybe you guys can figure it out. :)

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2fb3tqz1wmti6z2muzr8z2u

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth43china
Back