Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This isn't an alley; the photo is looking down 5th street directly in front of the entrance of Tempo. The light fixture is a public street lamp. As it doesn't seem that Charlottesville has any public cameras, it's doubtful that there is a camera attached to it. The street lamps may be recently installed since they don't appear in the Street View photo from just in front of Tempo, but do appear if you move in Street View to the corner of 5th and Water St.

Edited to add:
Streetlamps aren't visible here: http://www.instantstreetview.com/2fb3tqz1wmti6z1y1zokz2u
But are here: http://www.instantstreetview.com/2fb3mnz1wmtegz2crzlqz0

Although that shot is not of the alley, there IS an alley behind Tempo with the entrance/exit on Water St and the exit/entrance on 4th.

Thank you Hambirg! I can't see the video, I guess LE just confiscates them from the forum? New here.. obviously. I knew she went inside Tempo. They were so concerned about cya in their press statement.

I know, I got excited, too--but the video was of HG at McGrady's.

Well, it's tricky IMHO. LE says they have video of her going "into" the pub and released the McGrady video. BUT that wasn't "breaking news" on the 17th. LE had already told us of the video at McGrady's on Tuesday the 16th. They did have the mall videos on the 17th and they were already searching with bloodhounds near the parking garage on Water street the morning of the 17th.

Yeah. . .media freudian slip perhaps?

I think she was slipped either a date rape drug, or some sort of sedative that would interact badly with alcohol.

Ketamine could be possible. It'a a fast-acting anesthetic and painkiller used primarily in veterinary surgery, and not hard to obtain at all..especially if you live in areas with farms. I live an hour from Cville and it's a very common party drug here. Doing even a little bit of it with alcohol can put you in an immediate "k-hole," a dissociative state your body goes into where you lose all sense of time and space, balance, verbal skills. It's debilitating and sets in almost immediately, lasts for about an hour.

Also, I'm not saying HG went out looking for this drug. I just think it could possibly be what he used. It's not hard to find.

Was it McGrady's or Tempo?

Well, that's a good question. I personally think they meant at Tempo, but the way in which it was released via the media made it appear as if they meant McGrady.

I went back over the first few days of the search. I have a motto, after following so many cases. We can't just go by what we are told, but we have to carefully watch LE behavior and read between the lines. Sooooo . . .

Sunday Sept 14th:
-Hannah is reported missing at 4:34pm
-LE is searching with bloodhounds around UVA Corner, and nothing of significance is found

Monday Sept. 15th
-Hannah's phone records and computer are being searched
-LE is searching the 14th and Wertland area
-Hannah is reportedly last seen at 12:15 at a party
-the hallway pics of Hannah are released

Tuesday Sept 16th
-LE puts search on hold because of new leads via tips
-LE reports they have video
-Search is moved to Grady and eastward
-LE gets tip of Hannah being at the DM
-LE is also searching near UVA hospital (Wha?!!!! Yep, that's right.)
-The report of the Fairfax/MH suspect sighting is released along with the sketch. (To me, this is clearly a sign that LE had already identified JM. There was no sighting. They just wanted to get the sketch out there because they already knew who and what they were dealing with.)

Wednesday Sept 17th
-At 7 am it's reported that there is a witness and video of Hannah with an unidentified woman on the DM.
-By 9:30am it is reported that search and rescue are all over the DM area.
-It is reported that the last text message from Hannah came from the wrong area.
-Reports of SAR with bloodhounds on Water Street near the parking garage.
-Anchorage farm is searched (Did you hear THAT? They are not trying to ID JM, they are already searching Anchorage Farm!)
-Parker Slaybough reports "breaking news" that LE has video of Hannah walking into a pub at 1 am.
-Presser. . .parents fear "foul play" and LE releases McGrady video.

later on the 17th

-LE has reportedly located WG. Says Hannah was walking with black man
-LE releases Sal's video
-LE releases Tuel's video
-LE says there is no woman and it is Hannah's reflection in the Tuel's video (which WS posters were madly posting at the time that that clearly wasn't true. Sleuthers were all over the man with dreads. ;) )

Thursday Sept 18th

-Reported that police will release more video
-Reported that police won't release more video
-Reported that police are pulling more video, but we will have to wait. . .
-And wait
-several reports that the POI is NOT on any of the videos
-reports that the man with dreads is not a POI and has been cleared
-LE says they want to talk to second male, but give no description
-At 4 pm LE gives description of POI black male, who is not on any videos. . .shaved head. . .etc
-$50,000 reward is announced
-reports that a sketch of POI is coming soon
-Vigil held for Hannah

Friday Sept 19th

-reportedly sometime after midnight a search warrant is executed on Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's car.
-search warrant for apartment and phone executed shortly after search of car.

Anywhoo. . .that's where I kind of stopped. I think in hindsight it's quite clear how far along LE was in their investigation, what their media strategy was and the motivation behind what they released when.

Sooo. . .MOO. . .LE didn't need the public's help IDing JM. They were already way beyond that when the released the DM videos and all the silly "POI is NOT on any videos. . .It's a woman. No wait, it's Hannah's reflection" nonsense. So why release those videos at all? There were much better pictures of Hannah, so it didn't have anything to do with recognizing her. I think the only explanation was because JM was already under surveillance and they wanted to stress him. They wanted to lead JM to believe that they weren't on to him YET, but they were getting there. LE was hoping if they rattled him, he would lead them to Hannah.

By Tuesday the 16th they put the Fairfax sketch back into circulation and they went sniffing around his place of employment.

On Wednesday the 17th LE searched Anchorage Farm and released the videos that clearly show JM close up, circling around to drop in behind Hannah, and then walking right along side of her.

On Thursday the 18th, LE put the public in a holding pattern. . .and waited and watched for JM to make a move.

MOO!!!!! :moo:

Well, that's a good question. I personally think they meant at Tempo, but the way in which it was released via the media made it appear as if they meant McGrady.

I went back over the first few days of the search. I have a motto, after following so many cases. We can't just go by what we are told, but we have to carefully watch LE behavior and read between the lines. Sooooo . . .

Sunday Sept 14th:
-LE is searching with bloodhounds around UVA Corner, and nothing of significance is found

Monday Sept. 15th

Tuesday Sept 16th
-The report of the Fairfax/MH suspect sighting is released along with the sketch. (To me, this is clearly a sign that LE had already identified JM. There was no sighting. They just wanted to get the sketch out there because they already knew who and what they were dealing with.)

Wednesday Sept 17th
-At 7 am it's reported that there is a witness and video of Hannah with an unidentified woman on the DM.
-It is reported that the last text message from Hannah came from the wrong area.
-Anchorage farm is searched (Did you hear THAT? They are not trying to ID JM, they are already searching Anchorage Farm!)
-Parker Slaybough reports "breaking news" that LE has video of Hannah walking into a pub at 1 am.

later on the 17th

-LE releases Sal's video
-LE says there is no woman and it is Hannah's reflection in the Tuel's video (which WS posters were madly posting at the time that that clearly wasn't true. Sleuthers were all over the man with dreads. ;) )

Thursday Sept 18th

-And wait
-At 4 pm LE gives description of POI black male, who is not on any videos. . .shaved head. . .etc
-Vigil held for Hannah

Friday Sept 19th

-reportedly sometime after midnight a search warrant is executed on Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's car.

Anywhoo. . .that's where I kind of stopped. I think in hindsight it's quite clear how far along LE was in their investigation, what their media strategy was and the motivation behind what they released when.

Sooo. . .MOO. . .LE didn't need the public's help IDing JM. They were already way beyond that when the released the DM videos and all the silly "POI is NOT on any videos. . .It's a woman. No wait, it's Hannah's reflection" nonsense. So why release those videos at all? There were much better pictures of Hannah, so it didn't have anything to do with recognizing her. I think the only explanation was because JM was already under surveillance and they wanted to stress him. They wanted to lead JM to believe that they weren't on to him YET, but they were getting there. LE was hoping if they rattled him, he would lead them to Hannah.

By Tuesday the 16th they put the Fairfax sketch back into circulation and they went sniffing around his place of employment.

On Wednesday the 17th LE searched Anchorage Farm and released the videos that clearly show JM close up, circling around to drop in behind Hannah, and then walking right along side of her.

On Thursday the 18th, LE put the public in a holding pattern. . .and waited and watched for JM to make a move.

This is a great write-up, hambirg!! Thanks!

Do you have any thoughts as to why the last party HG was seen leaving at 12:15 was not reported in the first couple of days?

This is a great write-up, hambirg!! Thanks!

Do you have any thoughts as to why the last party HG was seen leaving at 12:15 was not reported in the first couple of days?

Hannah wasn't reported missing until the evening of the 14th, and it was reported on the 15th that she was last seen leaving a party at 12:15am. I don't think LE withheld that information. They needed the last time she was seen out to the public, because at that time, LE wasn't sure where Hannah went after leaving the party.

MOO

Well, it's tricky IMHO. LE says they have video of her going "into" the pub and released the McGrady video. BUT that wasn't "breaking news" on the 17th. LE had already told us of the video at McGrady's on Tuesday the 16th. They did have the mall videos on the 17th and they were already searching with bloodhounds near the parking garage on Water street the morning of the 17th.

Yeah. . .media freudian slip perhaps?

Great breakdown of events and analysis of LE's information "strategy" btw!

Do you think that on the 17th, bloodhounds were tracking HG from Tempo to the structure because that is where JM had parked? If he parked in a garage, there will likely be a parking permit with a date/stamp time on it. Many structures have surveillance cameras too. Hmmm...

There is a really good time/distance discrepancies analysis here that I have not seen posted like this one. I have been so focused on video content that I glossed over the time lapses between footage and witness observations.

..the jewelry store is located only 2 minutes from the Tempo Restaurant yet it took her almost 30 minutes before she showed up there with Matthew unable to stand unsupported.

She is seen on Tuels video at 1:08 am, but is not seen by witnesses there with JM until much later. This is where we are assuming that she waited this long for JM to buy drinks?

http://www.commdiginews.com/news-2/hannah-graham-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-26756/

Is this all erroneous info in article then? Ugh! I wish someone could verify all these sightings and publish an accurate timeline!

Do you think that on the 17th, bloodhounds were tracking HG from Tempo to the structure because that is where JM had parked? If he parked in a garage, there will likely be a parking permit with a date/stamp time on it. Many structures have surveillance cameras too. Hmmm...

There is a really good time/distance discrepancies analysis here that I have not seen posted like this one. I have been so focused on video content that I glossed over the time lapses between footage and witness observations.

...the jewelry store is located only 2 minutes from the Tempo Restaurant yet it took her almost 30 minutes before she showed up there with Matthew unable to stand unsupported.

http://www.commdiginews.com/news-2/hannah-graham-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-26756/

Well, we know that JLM paid for 2 drinks at Tempo — apparently by his own admission, for himself and Hannah — at 1:09 or 1:10 AM. So he clearly went directly from Tuel's. Last we see him, he has his arm around Hannah. What are the chances he walked in with her? Perhaps unnoticed b/c it was crowded and he'd been in and out of the bar many times that night?

LE claims to have a witness who saw HG inside Tempo around that time.

JLM and HG were noted leaving the Tempo area — not arriving — after last call, around 1:45 AM.

The 30 minute time lapse combined with a marked deterioration of HG's ability to move on her own is why many believe she was drugged by JLM at Tempo. Her last text was also sent at 1:20 AM, though who knows by whom.

Sunday Sept 14th:

Monday Sept. 15th

Tuesday Sept 16th

Wednesday Sept 17th

later on the 17th

-LE releases Sal's video

Thursday Sept 18th

-And wait
-Vigil held for Hannah

Friday Sept 19th

Great recap of the events — thank you!

Very impressed by how quickly (and cleverly) Longo and his team were able to home in on the suspect, and make him squirm. Just wish they'd caught him at the site so they could have found her sooner. Still can't believe he was actually able to make a getaway, but... maybe that was strategy, too? His fugitive status is why he is ineligible for bail....

..the jewelry store is located only 2 minutes from the Tempo Restaurant yet it took her almost 30 minutes before she showed up there with Matthew unable to stand unsupported.

She is seen on Tuels video at 1:08 am, but is not seen by witnesses there with JM until much later. This is where we are assuming that she waited this long for JM to buy drinks?

Is this all erroneous info in article then? Ugh! I wish someone could verify all these sightings and publish an accurate timeline!

If the Tuel's video is at 1:08, how could JLM have paid for the two drinks for he and Hannah at Tempo at 1:06? Also, could she walk from McGrady's to Tuel's in 20 min? I thought the reports were that bloodhounds were searching the area of 4th and Water? I don't recall the search being specifically at the parking garage. Tempo's web page says there is street parking ON Water as well as at the garage.

If the Tuel's video is at 1:08, how could JLM have paid for the two drinks for he and Hannah at Tempo at 1:06? BBM Also, could she walk from McGrady's to Tuel's in 20 min? I thought the reports were that bloodhounds were searching the area of 4th and Water? I don't recall the search being specifically at the parking garage. Tempo's web page says there is street parking ON Water as well as at the garage.

Regarding the bolded sentence: that would be as easy as could be, if the Tempo cash register was four minutes fast, and there would be nothing surprising about that. And, the same thing goes for any attempts to reconcile timings. Unless you have cameras or phones that are syncing themselves with the official USA time, you have the possibility of minor, or even major, discrepancies.

I'm not sure where JM was parked, but I believe somewhere near the parking garage near 4th and Water. I don't really see JM as someone who would pay to park his beat up car in a parking garage if he could find free street parking. I also believe some locals have reported that you can't get your car out after 1am. I don't know if that's true though.

The time stamp on the Tuel's video is 1:08am.

JM reportedly was buying drinks in Tempo at 1:10am-ish.

I'm not sure if I believe that last text was really sent at 1:20am. We've seen it reported as 1:40am, 1:20am and 1:06am. I'm more inclined to believe it was 1:06am, which means Hannah didn't have her phone at that time.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli