Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Florida "the south"..?
Interesting question that brings back memories for me. I was born and raised in Georgia and had a long conversation with my grandmother (when I was 12) about FL being a southern state. I was convinced it was indeed southern because it was definitely below Ga on the map. Grandmom tried very hard to explain that it was not "really" southern even though geographically it was located south of us...go figure. Just so I don't start a war I do consider FL a southern state, well sort of. My grandmom also called General Sherman the "devil" just to give you an idea of the mentality. OT so I apologize.

I will be on alert for all that Southern Charm of TN from here on out. Is is safe to assume that MN and RN have parted ways?

Thanks Search..if I had buttons I'd push one for ya. I love to hear all that local stuff...Never been to the South....just Orlando...LOL
_________

It seems that TN manages to lose people that are willing to help search. Cobra...she left when a snake appeared and never told him or screamed, just took off.

And now she is mad at Miller for testing Misty....and talking. I assume Miller was packaged with MN, so there goes that effort.

This group seems to turn off the media and searchers both. They come out in the spotlight, get mad, and return to the fold. This latest episode with TN shows the nature of the family. Why is TN behaving in this manner. She is not willing to commit to the cause. From the outside, it looks like her agenda was just to clear RC's name and nothing else. The first thing she said when interviewed (sitting next to MN) was "well, my son has been cleared"

As far as we know....TN, her mother and her son are supporting Misty despite the evidence that tells them otherwise. This should to the Red Flag for everyone. Still, some are still going to rationalize the behavior even to go as far as to claim the family are super sleuths and will find the answers themselves...sure, ok, when?

Interesting question that brings back memories for me. I was born and raised in Georgia and had a long conversation with my grandmother (when I was 12) about FL being a southern state. I was convinced it was indeed southern because it was definitely below Ga on the map. Grandmom tried very hard to explain that it was not "really" southern even though geographically it was located south of us...go figure. Just so I don't start a war I do consider FL a southern state, well sort of. My grandmom also called General Sherman the "devil" just to give you an idea of the mentality. OT so I apologize.

I think the folks in Florida that are 5 or more generations are Southerners. The retires from Northern States that have moved there or just Northern folks that have migrated there have probably taken over the cities not so Southern. Every time we go camping we meet other campers that tell us to stay away from Florida and come to Texas as it is more hospitable and the folks are friendlier.

I will be on alert for all that Southern Charm of TN from here on out. Is is safe to assume that MN and RN have parted ways?

Well we all know what *advertiser censored*-u-me can do, but I suspect we may be safe making that assessment...JMO

Here's a bit of an oddity to me. Not a biggie but weird:

NG asks if family and friends have encouraged Misty to go under hypnosis to help her remember anything.
"Yes, ma'am, absolutely."
Who has asked her?
"I have spoke with her personally, uh, I don't know actually, uh, I know she had spoken with a friend of Ronald's, but, I don't know anyone else who has spoken with her, you know, I don't personally know that but I did speak with her because I feel like if she knows something I don't think like she's purposely hiding it, I believe it's something she doesn't remember, something in her subconscious..."

Can this be true that TN is aware of only herself and a friend of Ronald's talking about hypnosis with Misty? Didn't she discuss the matter at all with her son, her mom, any of the other relatives? It never came up in conversation: "Do you think Misty ought to try hypnosis to remember something that would help find Haleigh?" "Yeah, it's a good idea, as a matter of fact we talked about it the other day and Misty said she wasn't sure." Did they all say she shouldn't try the hypnosis? Nobody else dared to broach the subject?

She says first she doesn't know anybody who spoke with Misty about it and then qualifies it with "I don't personally know that", which makes me think that maybe she knows of other conversations because she was told about them although she didn't witness them personally but isn't inclined to bring them up on national television.

It just seems a bit odd to me, that Theresa wouldn't talk about something this big with family and friends, just Misty and a friend of Ron's. (Who is that, I wonder?)

The video's in this post
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think the folks in Florida that are 5 or more generations are Southerners. The retires from Northern States that have moved there or just Northern folks that have migrated there have probably taken over the cities not so Southern. Every time we go camping we meet other campers that tell us to stay away from Florida and come to Texas as it is more hospitable and the folks are friendlier.

Yes I agree that there are long termers that are definitely "southern" and then there are the others.

I live in Va now and Grandmom said that's ok because Richmond was the capitol of the confederacy during the "war between the states" (I'm not allowed to use the other term for the war). Plus Robert E Lee (best man that ever lived according to, you guessed it Grandmom) is from this neck of the woods. Back on topic..hopefully.

Thanks Search..if I had buttons I'd push one for ya. I love to hear all that local stuff...Never been to the South....just Orlando...LOL

Is it safe to assume everyone that lives in the San Francisco area is a GAY liberal? I do not think so. So to make assumptions about people because where they live or act...is irrevelant.

I feel sorry for TN too, but a lot of that pain and anguish could be guilt that the little Miss Perfect Mom wasn't quite so perfect after all and that Ron should never have trusted her. And one of the things that bothers me is, Misty was praised so highly right around the time of the wedding, but now they suspect she is not telling the truth? What brought that sudden revelation on? Surely they could see some of this deception way back in Feb., couldn't they? Did Misty have them all fooled until the LDT results came out recently? Funny... they live with her and can't see it, but we could all see it from Day One. Imagine that!
Why would a mother claim that this teenage girl is the best thing since sliced bread, and turn around 6 months later and think she's lying, but still support her? Why would they even approve of that wedding to start with? If one of my boys did something this stupid, I would slap him upside the head till his ears rang! Oh, and claim it's what Haleigh "would have wanted." Lordy, lordy... these people just astound me.

the thing about Florida is it is a tourist state. A lot of people just own property here and stay here in our Winter and some only come in and stay during our summer. I am in Ft. Lauderdale which is just one county North of Miami. I have been here 30 years. I wouldn't say we are a "Southern" state, although looking at a map we are. I think like everywhere else, there are good areas and there are bad areas of Florida. I wouldn't say it is a bad place to live, just very fast moving, everyone is always in a rush.

Is it safe to assume everyone that lives in the San Francisco area is a GAY liberal? I do not think so. So to make assumptions about people because where they live or act...is irrevelant.
No not at all, I was trying to make a joke although everything I expressed as far as family history is truth. It's not fair to judge a person based on the area in which they live, but I think it was all done in a spirit of comedy. I know your post was not addressed to me, but any offense was not intended.

I agree with the posters that said she's walking a fine line. She's trying not to take a side because once she draws that line in the sand she won't be able to take it back. I applaud her for not saying what we pretty much know is in her heart. You can bet she wants to take Misty out to the trailer and make her talk if she knew that would get her grandbaby back to her! She's trying to do everything she humanly can to get her grand daughter back. Even if it means not stepping on the one persons toes that holds the key to where Haliegh is. Plus, I mean there's JR. She has to worry about Jr being around Misty. I don't care how anybody feels about Misty, we all know that as Parents or grandparents or just a random stranger would not trust that woman alone with another child for a looooooong time. Worst babysitter ever!

You know, the Cummings clan do not strike me as the type of family that particularly plays by the rules. If they think Misty has something to do with the disappearance of Haleigh, just why haven't they "taken her out to the trailer" and made her talk? What or who is keeping them from doing this? Perhaps Ron? I'm just saying...

I feel sorry for TN too, but a lot of that pain and anguish could be guilt that the little Miss Perfect Mom wasn't quite so perfect after all and that Ron should never have trusted her. And one of the things that bothers me is, Misty was praised so highly right around the time of the wedding, but now they suspect she is not telling the truth? What brought that sudden revelation on? Surely they could see some of this deception way back in Feb., couldn't they? Did Misty have them all fooled until the LDT results came out recently? Funny... they live with her and can't see it, but we could all see it from Day One. Imagine that!
Why would a mother claim that this teenage girl is the best thing since sliced bread, and turn around 6 months later and think she's lying, but still support her? Why would they even approve of that wedding to start with? If one of my boys did something this stupid, I would slap him upside the head till his ears rang! Oh, and claim it's what Haleigh "would have wanted." Lordy, lordy... these people just astound me.

IMHO..It's normal to feel pain and grieve the loss for a child that is gone, but most of her guilt and angush will come from concealing the truth about her granddaughter's disappearance in order to keep her son from facing any consequences for his actions..JMO

In most southern states this is the way they do it.

I really hate disagreeing with you, Patty G, because you are one person on here that I appreciate greatly.

I was born and raised and have spent my entire life in the same area as Teresa. As children, some of my friends would call their parents' friends and their friends' mothers "Mz. Susan". My own children called their pre-K teachers "Mz. Cindy". Generally speaking though, younger ones address older ones as Ms. Jones or by their first name. Same for older ones.

Rarely, if ever have I heard an almost 60 yr old woman address a younger woman that way. Not not, now when Teresa and I were growing up. [No, we didn't know each other then.]

We all recall Mz. Lillian, mother of our President, but it's not very commonly used around here in my own experience. I'm not sure, and I could be way off about this, but I think the whole Mz./Mr. FirstName was a holdover from our regrettable past of slavery, segregation, etc. IIRC, our schools were integrated when Teresa was in elementary school. [Well, mine was.]

That Mz. Nancy thing is sticking in so many craws because it just doesn't sound right. Not in the North, the MidWest, the West. or even the South.

In this case seems it's...Like Son...Like Mother. I believe she also stated.. "I don't know", like her son has umpteenth times..IMHO.. She didn't fair well in her attempt to cover her own rear..I'm wondering why NG didn't play that message she left for TM..JMO
:waitasec: I can't believe we watch the same shows. LOL

Teresa has learned the hard way to answer questions specifically. If she doesn't know, she doesn't elaborate on it. "I don't know" is much better than guessing. (After the way people attack each word she says...I don't blame her.)

She doesn't know all the people who asked Misty to undergo the tests and answered accordingly. No, I don't think they sat around and discussed her taking the tests beforehand. She talked to Tim and to Misty about it. She evidently was aware of a friend of Ronald's who discussed it with her. Beyond that...she did not know for a fact who else talked to her, imo.

You know, the Cummings clan do not strike me as the type of family that particularly plays by the rules. If they think Misty has something to do with the disappearance of Haleigh, just why haven't they "taken her out to the trailer" and made her talk? What or who is keeping them from doing this? Perhaps Ron? I'm just saying...

I'm not sure how you can make someone talk. I also don't know why people would think they haven't been asking Misty all along what may have happened, and trying to think of ways for her to remember what happened if she knows anything. :confused:

Perhaps to get to the bottom of this question once and for all it might require going directly to the horse mouth. I have stated that I am a very "southern lady" . Tennessee and Alabama to be more specific. I am 36 years old and I do use the Miss or Miz when I am speaking to a woman older than myself, I do encourage my children, and while in the presence of another adult woman or man for that matter, to talk to adults with respect and use the proper Miss, Miz (for a married older woman) or Sir for the men. Sometimes we are met with "please call me such and such" and then I allow them to do that and use that term myself. However, I am not the horse's mouth and what I say might not be what other people say. Only Miz Nancy would be able to answer what she would like to be called and I have yet to hear her correct either Ronald or Teresa when they address her that way.
So I said, I might be a horse's *advertiser censored*....but I am not the horse's mouth. lol. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me nor do I think it makes a person look better or worse if they use that vernacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!