Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do trust journalists to paraphrase or summarize or quote accurately, particularly when I see three stories with the same content from three different mainstream sources. I'm not "pushing" anything, as I have no dog in this hunt. I am sincerely perplexed as to why people on this thread do not believe that LE has stated in writing, according to the first quotation I posted, that the biological parents are not considered suspects. My reading of that first source is that LE made a written statement that was then summarized by the reporters of the media outlets. It doesn't matter if the reporter uses a direct quote or not. The reporter is OBLIGATED to report the MEANING of the source accurately. So either THREE REPORTERS AT THREE OUTLETS tanked a story badly and burned their LE sources badly, or LE has officially, publicly, stated that the bio parents are not suspects. Take your pick. Are all these the reporters mistaken and then not corrected? Is LE lying and risking the case? Or did LE say what the reporters say they said?

As to the strawman issue, you may well have used these articles to make your own points. That doesn't mean that I have to agree that Ronald Cummings is still a suspect, in spite of LE stating he has been cleared. As to the pertinence of this discussion to the thread, the allegation has been made that Teresa Neves is covering up for her son. If he isn't a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance, that idea is not pertinent her case.

A journalist paraphrase or summary of LE's comments hold no weight to LE going before of pc and stating they have arrested the perp(s).
Most of us have seen the quality of work journalist do simply by reading their articles. They typically alter the information. I don't think it's on purpose, IMO I think they're getting a little lazy on reporting on an issue. Again, until an arrest is made LE has the right, which I support, to say or imply anything they want b/c it ultimately helps in the arrest of the person who committed the crime.

Novice Seeker

MY Bold...Once again the hindering, non cooperation and outright obstruction that you refer to is not in regards to the actions of Teresa Neves because she has in no way been accused of such by any member of Law Enforcement nor has she herself been labeled as the cause to as you describe it "Law Enforcement's stymied investigation".

In cases of crime fact does not equal fact. Listen to how the LE speak. They will use words to infer that someone is cleared or not os POI, but they aren't going to announce any facts. LE will also not come out and accuse anyone of obstructing justice. Just look at the words LE have used about Misty...her stories don't add up......she continues to be inconsistent...no where has LE come right out and directly named anyone a suspect.
Has for the games LE use, we've been over them time after time, explaining why they do it and the mind games get played. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of LE. However, what concerns me is by sticking with a mindset of every word that comes out of LE's mouth is true and fact, one may miss this big picture.

Novice Seeker

So, back on topic...

1. Where did Teresa live on 2/7/09?

2. Where did Teresa work on 2/7/09?

3. Where was Teresa on 2/7 - 2/9/09?

4. Did Teresa watch the children for Ron that weekend, or did Annette? Or both?

5. Where does Teresa purport to live now?

6. When did Teresa work for Alachua County Sheriff's Office?

7. Where does Teresa work now?

8. When was the last time Teresa saw Haleigh?

9. When was the last time Teresa went to the mobile home on Green Ln before the early morning hours of 2/10?

10. What kind of vehicle does Teresa drive?

Let's Sleuth!

Excellent questions!

We have tired for a long time, actually Whisperer has tried to find her address or at least where she was living the night of Feb 9th.

May I also ask, Where were Lisa and Hank Sr living Feb 9th?

(respectfully snipped for space)

Thanks for the link. If there is a significant difference between "not considered to be suspects" and "cleared of suspicion" it's not evident to me. If you aren't a suspect, you are cleared of suspicion, aka "cleared." And now I'm done.

I totally agree Pittsburgh and thank you for your thoughful posts! And I just wanted to bring up the point that all these pages later some seem to forget why this entire, seemingly off topic semantic discussion on how LE view's RCs culpability and how it relates to TN, was originally brought up in the TN thread... It was because I used the word "cleared" but clarified the intent of my post quite clearly:

Originally Posted by CeeKer
I don't want to belabor the point that Ron is "cleared", "not considered a suspect", or "has moved to the bottom of the list", all semantics in my opinion. However, his "status" was integral to the initial TN discussion between the original poster and myself. I was responding to the point someone made "And I'm sick of her putting down the mother of this innocent child, while her son is in this neck deep." My point was how can her son be "neck deep" in it if he has been "cleared", not considered a suspect, or has moved to the bottom of the list depending on the source one chooses to listen to, sorry I wasn't more clear

IMO Equivocation was what furthered this entire discussion LOL.

Originally Posted by Muffet
(snipped respectfully for space) Ya can't defend one thing by justifying something quite different, PG. It's equivocation by shifting the ground.

MY Bold...Once again the hindering, non cooperation and outright obstruction that you refer to is not in regards to the actions of Teresa Neves because she has in no way been accused of such by any member of Law Enforcement nor has she herself been labeled as the cause to as you describe it "Law Enforcement's stymied investigation".

LE hasn't made any public announcements regarding anyone other than Misty. Doesn't mean that they are suspect of others. For every family member in this crime, why has no one told the honest absolute truth about everything? Makes you wonder why?

Novice Seeker

Excellent questions!

We have tired for a long time, actually Whisperer has tried to find her address or at least where she was living the night of Feb 9th.

May I also ask, Where were Lisa and Hank Sr living Feb 9th?

Good question, Bern, but it's not about Teresa N.
:)

As someone who has actually written for newspapers, I know that reporters rewrite each other, TV and wire services.
http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a
If there is a significant difference between "not considered to be suspects" and "cleared of suspicion" it's not evident to me. If you aren't a suspect, you are cleared of suspicion, aka "cleared." And now I'm done.

Thank you for participating on Haleighs forum. Gratefully we're not required to be professional highly educated employed tried true and tested scholars to post. I apologize and hope to see you around.

TN in my opinion is in search of the truth, hoping for Haleigh to be returned soon. Haleigh's discussion deserves better.

I'm sorry to have caused a ruckus here regarding my post #905. When I read that site, it raised some interesting questions to me. Now, let me be clear....I do not know if TN would have tried anything possible to keep her son out of jail or not. I would think she would have had to have gone through some clearance in order to maintain that job. What I found interesting, is the list of problems that Ron had gone through during is life with LE. Frankly, since it is "some bloggers" opinion, I'm interested in finding out if what was listed is true and why he didn't stand charges. I mean, don't you think it is interesting that all those charges were dismissed, if indeed those charges were given to Ron?

In the beginning of this case, when I found out that there were charges against Ron and they were dropped, it did cross my mind (briefly), that he might have been given some leeway because of his Mom's job, but that was fleeting because of all the other information that was coming out in the case.

Once again, if this post should not have been made on this forum, I would imagine a Mod would let me know that I have been in error. To me, it's just another possible scenario regarding this case.

PG, Can you point me in the direction where I might find something by LEO stating that RC is NOT a person of interest? I know you have not said so directly but it has been implied.

Even if you could, May I bring up Garrido who was not a suspect or a POI, but sure came under suspicion once the victim was found.

PG, Can you point me in the direction where I might find something by LEO stating that RC is NOT a person of interest? I know you have not said so directly but it has been implied.

Even if you could, May I bring up Garrido who was not a suspect or a POI, but sure came under suspicion once the victim was found.

I'm not PG (hahaha......sorry my mind took that to the old interpretation of those two letters together. back on task)....but here's the quote:

"Haleigh's parents cleared; lawmen doubt babysitter

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:54 AM EDT

Parents of Haleigh Cummings, the Satsuma kindergartner missing since February, have been cleared of suspicion in her disappearance, authorities said Monday.

But deputies said Misty Croslin-Cummings may still hold answers.

"The biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered to be suspects in the case," Lt. Johnny Greenwood said in a statement issued Monday. "Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," he said."

As someone who has actually written for newspapers, I know that reporters rewrite each other, TV and wire services. In this case, however, they are rewriting the press release you linked in your post:

http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a

Thanks for the link. If there is a significant difference between "not considered to be suspects" and "cleared of suspicion" it's not evident to me. If you aren't a suspect, you are cleared of suspicion, aka "cleared." And now I'm done.

Interesting that you'd say that, considering you wrote this (correct) post below just 11 days ago:

Just want to repeat what I said toward the end of the previous thread, with a new emphasis: if LE has CLEARED someone, that is different from LE saying that person is "not a suspect." I can't recall when a "cleared" individual, publicly cleared, has then morphed into a someone charged with the crime unless LE finds out something was wrong with the info they used to clear the person, e.g., it turns out the alibi witness lied, the time stamp on a receipt was incorrect, etc. The fact that the individual under discussion was physically elsewhere, verifiably, was no doubt one factor in CLEARING that person. The only remaining question would be: What was he cleared of? And if that answer is "any involvement in the abduction of Ms. Cornwell," then it is time to look elsewhere.

It is, I suppose, possible for LE to publicly state that someone is "cleared," when they don't mean it, but that would cause lots of credibility issues for LE with ordinary citizens and the innocent families of victims. There needs to be some category by which innocent people can be eliminated, publicly, in order not to punish everyone with whom the victim has a connection. It is easier for LE to say of the potentially guilty "not a suspect," which really only means "not a suspect we can charge" or "not a suspect until we have all the evidence" or "not a suspect so far."

If he's been cleared by LE, that's that, for now at least.
So 2 weeks ago and in other posts since, it was clearly evident and rightly important to you that being "cleared" is a big deal, but "not a suspect," which is what LE said about Ron, isn't.

Bottom line: LE said Ron & Crystal were "not considered suspects". They never said either were "cleared," and Ron's own lawyer says he has not been cleared. Reporters just misinterpreted LE's statement from the first day it was issued.

In cases of crime fact does not equal fact. Listen to how the LE speak. They will use words to infer that someone is cleared or not os POI, but they aren't going to announce any facts. LE will also not come out and accuse anyone of obstructing justice. Just look at the words LE have used about Misty...her stories don't add up......she continues to be inconsistent...no where has LE come right out and directly named anyone a suspect.
Has for the games LE use, we've been over them time after time, explaining why they do it and the mind games get played. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of LE. However, what concerns me is by sticking with a mindset of every word that comes out of LE's mouth is true and fact, one may miss this big picture.

Novice Seeker

I listen very well thank you very much. I could listen to it on repeat on my ipod for a week straight and I still would not hear what you purport to hear. And in regards to the part of your post that I bolded, you are making the leap that your explanation of what law Enforcement is doing in this case is the only possible explanation to their actions. On that point I disagree, vehemently.

I am of the opinion that I do see the big picture and what I see is an overwhelming number of posters who are attaching fault and blame, among other things, to the grandmother of a missing child. But, I believe that with time all things hidden will come into the light.

The statement by LE is here: http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a
They say, "The biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered to be suspects in the case. "
Absolutely. They said Annie Le's alleged killed, Raymond Clark, was "not a suspect" either, even as they had a tail on him.
"Cleared" would much more meaningful, but the only one cleared by LE in this case is the A/C man.

Interesting that you'd say that, considering you wrote this (correct) post below just 11 days ago:

So 2 weeks ago and in other posts since, it was clearly evident and rightly important to you that being "cleared" is a big deal, but "not a suspect," which is what LE said about Ron, isn't.

Bottom line: LE said Ron & Crystal were "not considered suspects". They never said either were "cleared," and Ron's own lawyer says he has not been cleared. Reporters just misinterpreted LE's statement from the first day it was issued.

When you read the posts by pittsburghgirl without taking the statements out of context in the way that you have done her posts make sense. They made sense 11 days ago and they make sense today. I interpret her posts to point out the fact that LE has made 2 different statements in regards to the status of the biological parents in this case. Both statements refer to said parents not being suspects because they are cleared of suspicion. Over the past 11 days it is evident to me that her position on this subject did not change but evolved after repeated statements by Law Enforcement were broken down and interpreted to fit an opposing argument.

To sum up, I read a statement from the PCSO website last night on the press releases page. They state that The biological parents Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield are not suspects in the case. they are not under suspicion of guilt in any area related to this case. For those of you that disagree with their findings, I will wait ever patient to see the evidence of what part each parent played, according to you, in Haleigh's disappearance. :waitasec:

Bottom line: A properly managed police dept. WILL play semantics, some fall for it, others understand it.

Bottom line: A properly managed police dept. WILL play semantics, some fall for it, others understand it.

Exactly. And since Ronald's lawyer has himself been on TV and stated that Ronald has not been cleared, merely "moved from the top of the list to the bottom of the list" we can safely assume that Ronald understands he's still on the list. We can also then assume that, regardless of how many times she says it, Teresa understands her son is in no way "cleared" by LE.

Alot of quotes, but not 1 fits what I asked for.
Because you're right, Dave. :) LE has never stated that Ron was not a person of interest. They have only said that he wasn't "considered a suspect."

pittsburghgirl is not online here right now. That could be a reasonable explanation as to why you are not getting what you asked for. We continue to discuss Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield's status in this case in the thread of Teresa Neves. Perhaps we should inquire as to how PCSO categorizes her. Cleared, person of interest, suspect, not considered a suspect or maybe none of the above....lol:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV