Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that TN, and/or AS, will ever again be ok with Jr and, with hope and prayer, Haleigh being left alone with Misty at night ? IMO, despite the avowals of support, I really doubt it.
I most certainly do! They are not blaming Misty for Haleigh's disappearance obviously. TN and AS trust her with the children.

However, I doubt that Ronald would take a job which would require him to work the night shift again...not because of Misty...but simply because of what happened to Haleigh. I would bet he feels very guilty about not being there to protect her. I know I would. A job is just a job and not worth what he has lost now.

I don't need a link. It has been gone over a thousand times in as many threads here.

Crystal got the call from Teresa at 3:49 am. Crystal said she waited approximately an hour after Teresa called to call her mother. Her father claimed on camera he got a call from her at 5:00 am asking him to check to see if it was "a prank" (Crystal's words).

I don't recall hearing Crystal EVER calling back to "inquire" about Haleigh from Ronald or TN about the ongoing search for her child from anyone.

Oh, OK. Your post indicated that Crystal never inquired about her child...you did not specify that you meant telephonically. I'll take your answer as it is your opinion that she did not do so. Also, on TN's thoughts...I'll take that as an opinion also. Thanks for clearing that up.:)

BBM
I still wonder what took them so long to call 911, Busy. According to the police report Misty says that she woke up BEFORE 3 (don't know how she saw a 3 on the clock if she woke up before 3), and she also states on that same police report that Ron arrived FIVE minutes later.

OK, so let's say that if Misty woke up before 3 like she stated, I'll give her until 2:59 at the very latest, with Ron arriving home about 3:05. It took them 22 more minutes to call 911 (According to their statements to LE in the first police report)

This is all documented fact by LE. My point being, I can pretty much guarantee that Ron called TN in those 22 minutes.

I don't believe RC arrived home until 3:25 or so based on his work schedule. Off work at 3 clock out, stop at convenience store, 15 minute drive home or so.

I honestly havent figured out when Misty woke up, I believe it was 3 or after simply because of the timeline LE has given. Between 7pm and 3am.
I am sure with phone records and additional interviews after things calmed down LE has a pretty good handle on Mistys actions and when she discovered Haleigh missing. If there are phone calls before 3:00 am we have a problem.

All we can do busy is go on the official police report as to times and arrival. Anything else is pure speculation.

All we can do busy is go on the official police report as to times and arrival. Anything else is pure speculation.
You can add to this the interview where RC out of his own mouth places Misty up at 3 o'clock and him arriving about 5 minutes after that.

You can listen to the 911 call and hear him asking Misty about the phone so obviously there are two phones. I heard noises in the background but could not tell you if it was cabinets banging, doors opening closing, furniture being turned over or what.

Busy what phone are you guys talking about? Misty was calling Ron on his phone as he pulled up and said that is why he didn't answer it, he was driving up. So he has a phone, she has a cell phone, so what am I missing???? Is he looking for a third phone?

Busy what phone are you guys talking about? Misty was calling Ron on his phone as he pulled up and said that is why he didn't answer it, he was driving up. So he has a phone, she has a cell phone, so what am I missing???? Is he looking for a third phone?

Misty said when she saw the back door open she went back to her the bedroom to get her phone, she ran back out into the LR to call Ronald and it rang, she saw him pulling in. he didn't answer she opened the door and he hollered what are you doing up?

Ronald phone records are what aided LE in determining he was where his boss said he was, LE has them and he bounced off the tower near PDM, and LE said he stopped at CON. store and phone records confirmed that. I always wondered why LE never mentioned Misty's phone records because they stated Ronald bounced off the tower near PDM. Ronald's aren't the ones I have a big question about.....it's Misty's.

You can add to this the interview where RC out of his own mouth places Misty up at 3 o'clock and him arriving about 5 minutes after that.

I haven't seen where Ron said he was there at 5 after. Considering he got off at 3 and stopped along the way at a store no way he got there in 5 minutes. Can you point me to the video or article in which he states that. TIA

They both had cell phones and maybe there is also a phone at the house, that we don't know for a fact.

Ok but why would he need to look for his phone in the kitchen cupboards (or wherever)? He had it with him at work and according to some variations of the story Misty called his cell phone when he was on the driveway in his car. How did the phone end up missing when he presumably had it in his pocket or in his car just a short while ago?

Ok but why would he need to look for his phone in the kitchen cupboards (or wherever)? He had it with him at work and according to some variations of the story Misty called his cell phone when he was on the driveway in his car. How did the phone end up missing when he presumably had it in his pocket or in his car just a short while ago?

I don't think we know that Ronald was searching through the kitchen cupboards, I don't think we know what he was doing in the background on the 911 call. We can only make presumptions based on the noises we hear. Frankly, I hear a little rifling around but, I just can not draw a conclusion what he is doing based on that. Maybe he is looking for his gun I don't know. He made reference to the fact that he has a gun on the 911 call and quite honestly if my child was missing, and my home had been intruded upon, and if I owned a gun I would be looking for mine too.

I believe that yes Ronald had a cell phone and yes Misty had a cell phone, was there a house phone as well? Who knows. What number was the 911 call made from have we received that information?

The phone might not have been the cause of the noise but it was apparently not handily available in his pocket at the end of the 911 call when he asks Misty where his phone is, he's got better people to call than *rude word* who ain't coming.

No Bern there are just two phones, my point was that during the 911 call he mentions his phone, therefore it is very possible that he called his mother using his phone while Misty is on her phone to 911. Someone was suggesting that TN was called before 911 was called in order for her to show up between 3:40 and 3:49 - the 911 call was made at 3:27 and TN states she was notified at 3:30 that Haleigh was missing. I was just pointing out it is very possible as RC mentions his phone that he was on one phone calling his mom while Misty was talking to 911.

He could of used the phone to call his mom as Misty called 911 and then he had set the phone down while he was searching for Haleigh, therefore had to look for it. I can very easily see RC in the driveway Misty tells him Haleigh is missing he tells her to call 911, he grabs his phone calls his mom as he is running into the house to look for Haleigh, tells his mom Haleigh is missing as he is running around the house sets the phone down after hanging it up and continues tearing things up looking for Haleigh, then doesnt remember where he sat the phone down. I don't know what all the banging was we heard on the 911 tape, unsure if it was kitchen cabinets, closet doors, furniture being turned over.

I didn't hear any cabinet doors being slammed shut on the 911 calls and I listened to them about 100 times in order to transcribe them as accurately as possible.

TN lived only 9-10 miles from the Cummings MH. So what if she was called before LE was called? Does it make a difference if she was called at 3:24 or between the 911 conversations or after? No. She got there as fast as she could, no doubt speeding the whole way and ignoring speed limits, stop signs or traffic lights. Just like I would if I were in her shoes.

I understand that you all want to find something sinister in her arrival time, I just don't know why none of you will accept that she could travel 10 miles in less than the Mapquest estimate of 16 minutes or that anyone could move as fast as she did that night.

How long would it take you to get out of bed, slip into some underclothes, slacks, t-shirt, jacket, shoes, grab your phone, purse, a photo and car keys? Let's all time ourselves. Then we can chart a distance 10 miles from our houses, wait until 3:25 am and drive it as fast as we can and see who gets the job done in the shortest amount of time.

I think you are all being too hard on TN.

I agree it wouldn't take that long to throw oneself together and hightail it out of there in an emergency, as this obviously was. I don't even have a problem with him calling his mom first. When something tragic and surreal happens, the brain immediately keeps trying to deny the reality. People often refuse to believe a loved one has disappeared or suddenly died, try to rationalize it to themselves, she's not really missing, she's just hiding; he can't be dead, he was just fine, etc. He may have wanted to rule out TN possibly dropping by after Misti was sleeping and finding Haleigh up and unsupervised, taking her home to her house. After he knew that not to be true, then 911 was called.

I think that there are a great deal of inconsistencies, coincidences and possible shady characters, but am not convinced they are indicative of homicidal intent and conspiracy.

d

Yep, and I have heard of people dying in a car accident on the way to the ER.
Sufficient time like .... 10 minutes to be dressed, prepared with PIC and wearing her sheriff's dept decal sweater..

How do you know the sweater wasn't in her truck? 10 minutes to dress? Heck it doesn't take me that long to put on hose, heels, bra, pants and shirt. I can have my jeans, bra, shirt and shoes in in less than 2 minutes. How long does it take to grab a photo off the wall or table? 30 second? I think 10 minutes to get dressed and out the door is reaching.

He could of used the phone to call his mom as Misty called 911 and then he had set the phone down while he was searching for Haleigh, therefore had to look for it. I can very easily see RC in the driveway Misty tells him Haleigh is missing he tells her to call 911, he grabs his phone calls his mom as he is running into the house to look for Haleigh, tells his mom Haleigh is missing as he is running around the house sets the phone down after hanging it up and continues tearing things up looking for Haleigh, then doesnt remember where he sat the phone down. I don't know what all the banging was we heard on the 911 tape, unsure if it was kitchen cabinets, closet doors, furniture being turned over.

I can relate to that... I've laid my keys or glasses down to do something else and then forgot where I laid them a minute later. No doubt his mind was running at 100 mph right then, scared and frustrated and out of his mind with fear.

I agree it wouldn't take that long to throw oneself together and hightail it out of there in an emergency, as this obviously was. I don't even have a problem with him calling his mom first. When something tragic and surreal happens, the brain immediately keeps trying to deny the reality. People often refuse to believe a loved one has disappeared or suddenly died, try to rationalize it to themselves, she's not really missing, she's just hiding; he can't be dead, he was just fine, etc. He may have wanted to rule out TN possibly dropping by after Misti was sleeping and finding Haleigh up and unsupervised, taking her home to her house. After he knew that not to be true, then 911 was called.

I think that there are a great deal of inconsistencies, coincidences and possible shady characters, but am not convinced they are indicative of homicidal intent and conspiracy.

I will second that!!
Also add that it would take me less than one minute to get completely dressed if I was called in the middle of the night. It's happened to me before. I got a call before 6 a.m. one Sat. morning, awakened from sleep... my dad said my mother had apparently had a stroke and he needed me. I was out the door in five minutes. Woke my husband to let him know, and was gone. I live about 2-1/2 miles from their house... it took me about 3 minutes to get there. This is with stop signs, crossing a busy highway and several turns. When I walked in the door... no, RAN in, my dad said, "You must have flew here...I just hung up the phone." I would bet that I was at their house in less than 10 minutes after he called.

Oh, OK. Your post indicated that Crystal never inquired about her child...you did not specify that you meant telephonically. I'll take your answer as it is your opinion that she did not do so. Also, on TN's thoughts...I'll take that as an opinion also. Thanks for clearing that up.:)
What could I have meant? Telepathically? :waitasec: She was 80 miles away according to her statements. She also made the other statements via camera and in articles. So it is not my opinion, but the facts as stated by Crystal and her father. Now...we do not know if they are true or not since we do not have access to her phone records.

I still want to know why she never called back to inquire about the status of the search within the time frame of 3:49 am to 5:00 am when she requested her father go to the scene to see if it was a "prank". I would have been calling Ronald or Teresa every five minutes until I arrived at the mh or I would not have even gotten off the phone with one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member